Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Timaru Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Timaru Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Timaru Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Timaru Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Timaru Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Timaru Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Timaru Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Timaru Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Timaru Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Timaru Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Timaru

4 posters

Go down

Post Timaru Empty Post Timaru

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 6/2/2012, 10:16 pm

Great Turnout again...

Post up you thoughts / results etc for the night...

POINTS ARE UP...

Well done all and well done to the podium place getters Iceman, M1N1, Hayden and Myles Very Happy

I had wheel issues for race one and two but no excuses for race 3 Embarassed apart from the pig of a track Wink

BRING ON PUKEKOHE!!!!!

Last edited by TTR kwik-kiwi on 6/3/2012, 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post Timaru Empty Re: Post Timaru

Post by IcemanForbes 6/2/2012, 10:45 pm

Pretty tricky little track, had a hell of an intense race 1 after Mini got past me on lap 1, trying to put the blowtorch on him for 14 1/2 laps but to no avail, so well done to him he kept his car in all the right places.

Made a pretty bad start from 2nd in race 2 largely because i couldnt see the lights and didnt realise in time to bring up the timing to tell me when the race begins, so settled into third but got extremely lucky when mini and hayden had a coming together in t1 and t2, then after that the pressure was off more or less and just had to bring it home.

For the third race I was either going to pit quite late or very early depending on position in the opening laps. As it happened I made a pretty good start and kept the lead, so therefore that pretty much made my decision to pit quite late as i had clear air, just had to ensure a comfortable margin over my pursuers and cleanly pass lapped traffic, so ended up being similar to race 2 in the end just had to keep a respectable pace and stay out of trouble. The only slightly sticky situation I encountered was having lapped a car on the pit straight (a mike pero car i THINK but not 100% haven't looked at the replay yet), I got a slight tap from behind which got me a little sideways, had to put a bit of opposite lock in and run across the chicane a bit but no harm done.

Cheers
IcemanForbes.

IcemanForbes
IcemanForbes

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 6/2/2012, 11:54 pm

Qualifying - I was blocked by traffic on almost every lap so should have been higher up but had to start 4th.

Race 1 - Managed to get a great start and I was 2nd into turn 1. Also passed Iceman on the straight and managed to hold off some great pressure for 15 laps. It was great racing and good to get the win Very Happy

Race 2 - I had the lead but all of a sudden my frames dropped to about 15 - 20 and ran wide the last corner. Hayden got a good run and passed but the FPS lag was extreme and all of a sudden I gave him a tap. Cost us both a great chance for the win and ended what was a great battle between the three of us. Ended up driving the rest of that race below 40 FPS very hard to drive. Spun in the last sector as the frames were back down to 15 - 20 and almost took milo out as well coming back onto the track as I didn't really know what was going on. Decided to be a good competitor and gave him 3rd place right at the end for the incident.

Race 3 - I was only a couple of seconds behind Iceman in 1st and made the stupid mistake of missing the pitlane haha I've never done that before Very Happy Coming back on the track think SuperMario gave me some big damage into turn 1 but all was good it was a confusing situation for all of us haha. But still had just enough fuel to pit on the next lap and came out of the pits behind Hayden. I had a great battle but I think the damage was too much to overtake, came close at one stage but there were not enough laps left and finished 3rd.

Cheers for the night, should be some good fun once again next round Smile

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingFijian 6/4/2012, 8:49 am

This event started great. I managed to dial in a lap of 58.5557, I was up 4-5 tenths on that when I screwed the last sector up - I thought it would be difficult for me to have another run as traffic was a factor so thought it would be enough for a top 6 start. Happened to be good enough for second.

I had 2 goes at the race start for race one and I couldn't get either of them right and was down 2 spots before turn 1. Hayden Kirk made a mistake and gave me 3rd again. I went around half the race holding up someone in fourth as my car did not respond well to added fuel and I don't push my car as hard in races as my brake pedal is one from a momo and getting hard braking right consistently is difficult. Anyway Hayden Kirk came back into our battle and managed to sneak his car on the inside at the hairpin. I was on the outside but I was on the inside into the next turn heading to the straight. Wasn't really sure where Hayden was so I went as tight as I could and hit the grass or the strips and it caused a major spin and I lost a few spots.

I can't really remember the other two races too well. I know I started near the front in one for them and hit Billybob I think, it was a hectic start (Sorry for that Billy). Anyway I waited for Billy to get past and I was in last second last and worked my way up slowly while making errors pushing hard. The other race was similar where I pushed hard spun, pushed hard and spun again. I remember making a couple of aggressive moves to get past as passing around the track was rather difficult at the best of times.
FlyingFijian
FlyingFijian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down