Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Monaco Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Monaco Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Monaco Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Monaco Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Monaco Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Monaco Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Monaco Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Monaco Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Monaco Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Monaco Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Monaco

+2
racer69
TTR Benny
6 posters

Go down

Post Monaco Empty Post Monaco

Post by TTR Benny 9/23/2012, 9:29 pm

I couldn't make the race tonight guys but watched on liver racers plenty of flashing red dots Post Monaco 192488

Looked like some close racing upfront most races

Looked like great drive from corty in the second half of race 3
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Monaco Empty Re: Post Monaco

Post by racer69 9/23/2012, 9:54 pm

A real fun nights racing Smile

Alot of concentration was required but when you got it right it felt great.

Well done to Corty on his two race wins tonight & his victory in the Championship. Fully deserved Smile

Congrats also to DV8 on second in the series and a win in race 1 tonight.

My night was very action packed!

Qualified in 3rd and settled into 4th early in race 1 behind DV8, Corty and Juan. We raced around nose to tail as a foursome for the first couple of laps. It was good close racing and everyone was driving so well, no real touching at all. I messed up the chicane though on lap 4 and had a big off, needing to pit for repairs.... 3mins of repairs which effectively ended my race.

In race 2 i started off the back and early on had another biggie at the chicane, but didn't get any damage so was able to carry on without a stop. Through attrition i worked my up to 4th, and then in the closing stages i was able to get around a 3-wheeling Growler to take 3rd place.

In race 3, i spun at turn 1 which put me on the back foot. I really charged after that though, and managed through other peoples mishaps to get up to 6th, and closed on a great little dice that Bersly and Billy bob were having. I got onto the back of this but then had another lose which dropped me back abit. Unfortunatly then Berls & bb both disconnected in a short period of time and i was able to come home in 4th place.

Well done everyone on their efforts tonight, great stuff Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 9/23/2012, 10:02 pm

Bloody hell, that was heavy going.

Sister came around for dinner with her kids, so missed qually. Never mind, I'm usually last anyway.

Race 1: Got a good start in last place, but newb in pantera didn't move, so i gave him a steel enema. Minor damage, so just kept going. Uneventful race and finished 11th.

Race 2: Got a flat tyre, 320 sec pitstop put me two laps down, then just cruised around, high attrition rate saw me finish 5th.

Race 3: Good start and into 4th place before Turn 1, tried to keep up with the leaders and hang onto 4th place, miscued fast chicane after tunnel and big crash with flat front tyre. Can't drive for 29 minutes on flat tyre, so pitted and lost 2 laps, rejoined dead last. Attrition saw me climb to 8th and then another flat front tyre with 7 minutes to go. Not stopping this late, so limped around until i lost the other front wheel on the last lap, then really struggled to crawl to the finish line. Late race attrition saw me finish in 6th place.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 9/23/2012, 10:33 pm

First of all a big thanks to Racer69 for organising the league, and the other drivers for coming along and competing.
The racing has been awsome with 4 - 5 drivers always at the top. The racing ediquitte was excellent and was a pleasure to race.
I was hoping to do well here. I had a resonable setup but needed some tweeking. Those walls are so damn close though!

Race 1
I had planned to get to the front and just stay there. Passing was very difficult here and the only way past was if the leading driver made a mistake.
Everything was going to plan until I spun at the first corner! Being last I spent the rest of the race playing catchup and managed to finish 4th

Race 2
Again had a good start but stuffed it up somewhere. I managed to get it together and catch the faster guys when I ended up behind the big block Corvette. He was still learning the track but getting sideways everywhere. In frustration I tried to pass him but he forced me into a wall doing some damage. (I have a lot of patience for learner drivers...but taking the big block Corvette around Monaco was just stupid!) I managed to get going again but locked it up on the next few laps.
Managed to do most of the race with 1 flat tire and no spoiler. Was maintaining 3rd until Racer69 got past me.

Race 3
Again a good start and got behind DV-8 in second place. I stayed behind him for quite a few laps until he went wide and I manged to pass him.
I pulled away a little managing a 1.45.4 in the process. Coming around the left-right, right-left the back of the car clipped the armco and she spun. DV-8 and Corty went past me which put me in third. I chased down DV-8 when I locked the fronts and hit a wall...resulting in losing the front spoiler and a flat tire. I could take the chicane flat out. At one point I clipped the armco again and did a complete barrel roll. Managed to carry on though which was pure luck even though both front tires were flat! Managed to limp home in 3rd like that.

The car is now up for sale. This is a championship winning car and has only done one season. There is slight panel damage but will easily buff out.
$120,000 ono.
Post Monaco Grab019v
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 9/24/2012, 12:42 am

Thanks to Racer for running the series, certainly some great racing throughout. Well done to Corty for winning it overall.

I came in to the round only 2 points behind Corty so I needed to win all 3 races to guarantee the series win. I qualified 2nd with a good lap but I could have gone a bit faster had I put all the sectors together.

Race 1 went to plan, managed to lead almost the whole race with some pretty defensive driving. I was pretty worried about putting it in the concrete, so I backed the pace off but did enough to hold off Corty for the win.

I was now 1 point behind Corty and I managed to grab the lead into turn one in race 2. Growler got a good run on me through the chicane and I think carried too much speed into the corner and pushed me into the fence. This cost me the lead but I was lucky enough to rejoin in 2nd place and finished in that spot behind Corty.

Going into race 3 I was back to 2 points behind Corty and needed the win. I lead the first few laps before Growler got through and I proceeded to follow him for awhile. He eventually spun which gave me the lead back but going into the last corner I grabbed a bit of curve and Corty got through. I wasn't quite fast enough to stay with Corty so I just tried to be consistent and keep a little pressure on. I came home in 2nd.

I have a pretty crazy schedule coming up so I don't expect to have another race until the Winton ATCC round but I will probably join in the odd practice session along the way.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 9/24/2012, 1:19 am

Cheers Racer69 for running this championship, everyone bought some great racing to all of the race events.

Car come good for qually getting a pb and putting me on poll.

Race 1.
The 911's are slingshots off the start, the capri was no match.
Dropped to 3rd, them growler made a mistake and spun, so I got through.
Was behind DV-8 the hole race hoping for a mistake as there is no passing here, but to DV-8s credit didnt make one. I basicly spent the race searching for a place to pass, but no good.

Race 2.
Again 911's were off but both came together and I got through, the car felt fantastic in this race and managed a 1:44 something and another PB and went on for the win.

Race 3.
Was really hoping for a good start in this one but the 911's once again too good off the start. Settled in 3rd for a fare while, for some reason the car didnt feel as good as the 2nd race ? maybe the extra fuel ? but anyway was keeping up with growler and DV-8. then growler spun and I think may have triggered DV-8 into running deep in one of the corners which I then snuck by. From then on went on for the win.

Cheers all for the great racing though out the championship cheers
I honestly didnt think I had a hope winning this championship until I saw the point after the 2nd last round affraid
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 9/24/2012, 9:25 am

DV_8 wrote:I was now 1 point behind Corty and I managed to grab the lead into turn one in race 2. Growler got a good run on me through the chicane and I think carried too much speed into the corner and pushed me into the fence. This cost me the lead but I was lucky enough to rejoin in 2nd place and finished in that spot behind Corty.

Again appologies for this. I know the championship was close...but not that close!
I could take the chicane flat out. You did brake a little earlier than I do at that corner and I was caught off guard.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down