Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
TCL Custom Skins Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
TCL Custom Skins Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
TCL Custom Skins Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
TCL Custom Skins Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
TCL Custom Skins Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
TCL Custom Skins Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
TCL Custom Skins Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
TCL Custom Skins Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
TCL Custom Skins Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
TCL Custom Skins Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

TCL Custom Skins

5 posters

Go down

Do we run a Trial of Custom Skins in the short 2013 TCL January Series

TCL Custom Skins Vote_lcap89%TCL Custom Skins Vote_rcap 89% 
[ 8 ]
TCL Custom Skins Vote_lcap11%TCL Custom Skins Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

TCL Custom Skins Empty TCL Custom Skins

Post by TTR Benny 12/14/2012, 6:13 pm

Hey Guys Every time We start a new series there always some that want to run custom skins and each time the answer is no but this time I have been Working on a Way to make everyone Happy With the option to run Custom Skins but also have it so people that don't have them or don't want them are not affected.

1. There are Three Different Ways I started with to do it
First is create our own Skin Pack using our own Names etc and create all our own Veh Files.
a. Advantages of this we are not altering the original files in anyway
b. Disadvantage is that anyone coming in we have to explain where to get the files from (now this is a pain in the arse specially as admin as every time you get into a lap in practice you have to stop and explain what to go get).

2.Replace Original DDS Files (the skins) with our custom ones
a.This is not worth it as when in the future your stuck with seeing peoples cars instead of the Original ones.

3.Use the Track Livery Function that the ORSM did with V8 Unleashed
a.I worked out in the way they are doing this is creating a folder called the DDS name of the car we want with skins on the end of it eg TCLh86Skins and save it. Then if we put a DDS file for the car we want to change we can then have a Second Livery in this folder. So when you enter the game and Purchase the that car you click on Skins and there is now a second livery available to choose. We Tested last night and if you have not got the files you just see the Original Skin and if you do have the updated files you see the new skin. If you have updated files we could choose with original or Custom skin and others would see what we choose. This means members that want to run them and see them can, members that like the original's only they can choose to see just that. It also means anyone new coming in will be able to race providing they have all our other skins.
b.Here is a sample of what I mean http://ttrracing.com/admin/mods/SampleBMWATCC89CAR53.rar

I have always said no to custom skins for a few reasons.

1. In the WTCC87 series we had some issues and it was put down to the replacement of DDS files people were running, I actually believe the problems were caused by the 635 as there were two running in this series. With The EVO BMW we worked out that if there were two in the server people coming and going with them caused no issue but if there was one that is where the problem seemed to be. So I suspect that the problems were with WTCC87 was when either Dano or Shano weren't both there nothing to do with the Skins that a couple were running.

2.I don't like replacing original files. If I go run another league race nothing pisses me off more when I come back to run here and all my original cars now are something else

3. We are always getting new people come into our servers and don't want to people to miss out or waste time constantly telling people where to go and get download from.

4. And Finally every week someone wants to add there skin to the pack (this can be solved by a simple date if you miss it TOO BAD end of story)

So With taking Advantage of using something that was designed for individual track livery and adding the Custom Skins folder to some cars I think we cover all of my skin issues so I'm happy to try it out. I still can't be 100% about concern one with the skins causing the drop outs in WTCC87 (although I'm 99% that the 635's were the issue) so I propose we run a trial in the Jan Short Series and we can go from there.

But as normal we run majority So vote yes or no giving this system of Custom Skins a Go.

To Be fare I think anyone Wanting to run a custom skin should start with picking a not so popular skin. For this to work you still need to pick a car which we add a secondary livery to. So for example a custom sierra skin runner picking car 17 or 18 and then custom skinning is fair to the guys that want to run original skins.

If the vote passes Anyone wanting Custom skin for Jan Series You need to have them to me via email benny@ttrracing.com by 3rd January I will need the DDS File and the vehicle I'm adding it to so I can create a skin pack for people that want to download it.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

TCL Custom Skins Empty Re: TCL Custom Skins

Post by AUS-Dave 12/15/2012, 10:22 am

3.Use the Track Livery Function that the ORSM did with V8 Unleashed

Thats how ausfactor does it. Ads in another livery so that if people don't want to download the pack. But then again the skin pack is compulsory after all.

But #3 is the way to go.

AUS-Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 12/21/2012, 10:05 am

Ok Guys anyone needing Templates you can download them here http://ttrracing.com/admin/mods/TCL_Templates.zip I don't believe all cars are available to skin

Custom skin for Jan Series You need to have them to me via email benny@ttrracing.com by 3rd January I will need the DDS File and the vehicle I'm adding it to so I can create a skin pack for people that want to download it.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 12/27/2012, 8:56 am

is this a carpack going to be for the following WTCC season or for the small league?
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 12/30/2012, 7:20 pm

It is a trial for WTCC so we will be running them in the two jan series as a test.

Remember all need to be in by Thursday the 3rd so I can get them packaged up

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FCDean 12/31/2012, 1:41 am

I wont be able to have one. My painting skills are shit, nothing is working Sad
FCDean
FCDean

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 12/31/2012, 4:47 pm

Tell me what you want and I'm make it for you
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingFijian 1/2/2013, 2:45 pm

Coolio, I will try sort out a skin in time not that I race often.
FlyingFijian
FlyingFijian

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/4/2013, 10:05 pm

The Custom Skins Are now Available for Download http://www.ttrracing.com/admin/Patches/TCLCUSTOMSKINS.rar

There are a few Changes so if you have made your own Skin Please Note I changed the Names of the DDS files to you names so people know it is your skin when they are choosing a car. So delete your original and replace with these ones

Also Flying Fijian I changed your Cars numbers as the 3 m3 and 11 VLtwr are already popular skins and from the start with the custom skins we said we would not add them to popular skins. So your m3 is now car 4 and TWRVL is car 38

Also Corty and VP your cars are WTCC87 Car 17 Corty car 8 V8vp

I have to check the server and make sure the WTCC87 cars are enabled will get this done soon

So anyone that wants to see the cars people have made download the pack and you will see what they made on the track. The Files are structured in such a way that if you don't download the skins it doesn't matter and they haven't replaced any original files

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down