» Porsche Championship
8/21/2017, 9:35 am by Growler

» 2017 WTCC JFF Championship Details
7/10/2017, 12:02 pm by Jarqus

» BTCC - rFactor 2
7/10/2017, 8:51 am by Growler

» Queensland Raceway v0.45
7/9/2017, 11:02 pm by Obbzy

» Gt300 at fuji - final round with livestream and commentary - Rf2asia server 830pm race start
7/9/2017, 7:44 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» Townsville 2012 v0.47
7/3/2017, 8:47 pm by Obbzy

Downloads
October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Pre Symmons Plains chat

Go down

Pre Symmons Plains chat

Post by TTR=JD on 11/2/2010, 7:53 pm

Round 4 of our V8 Supercar series gets underway at Symmons Plains
Saturday 13th November
Format: 2 x 25 lap races CPS for 4 tyres in both races
2 x fuel & 2 x tyre wear

Qual time: QLD 7:00pm AEDST 8:00pm NZ 10:00pm

Chat away all you like in regard to the Symmons Plains round. bounce

Last edited by TTR=JD on 11/2/2010, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Symmons Plains chat

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi on 11/2/2010, 8:09 pm

Hey JD......

Did we decide what version of this track to use??
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD on 11/2/2010, 8:14 pm

Yep, just check our downloads section or the V8 supercar series.
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi on 11/2/2010, 8:15 pm

Embarassed
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 on 11/4/2010, 3:09 pm

Well i haven't had a decent race in this series yet.

Phillip Island - I thought i downloaded the mod but i realised there were updates lol Embarassed and did my first lap to end qualifying.

Bathurst - Gamepad's batteries went out and at the same time lost connection. Laughing

Missed Gold Coast...

And now Symmons Plains and let me hope for a good race! Razz

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi on 11/4/2010, 4:00 pm

M1N1K0B3 wrote:Well i haven't had a decent race in this series yet.

Phillip Island - I thought i downloaded the mod but i realised there were updates lol Embarassed and did my first lap to end qualifying.

Bathurst - Gamepad's batteries went out and at the same time lost connection. Laughing

Missed Gold Coast...

And now Symmons Plains and let me hope for a good race! Razz

Just follow me M1N1K0B3 and you'll be alright! tongue
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD on 11/10/2010, 1:45 pm

Ok guys, I have seen some silly things happen at this track with cars leaving pitlane.
1/ When leaving Pitlane you must use the second exit during the race not the 1st exit.
2/ The car leaving pitlane needs to make sure they do so safely and not interfere with the cars that are on track as it is a short lap it is easy to end up a lap down until the othe rcars pit, so try to avoid holding drivers up.
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11/10/2010, 4:22 pm

Thanks to a friend of mine for helping me out with a setup last night and making me instantly over .6 of a second per lap faster (You know who you are).

I managed a 51.7 which for me is a pretty good time.

Bring on the race

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD on 11/10/2010, 7:56 pm

devilracer87 wrote:Thanks to a friend of mine for helping me out with a setup last night and making me instantly over .6 of a second per lap faster (You know who you are).

I managed a 51.7 which for me is a pretty good time.

Bring on the race

dev

If i find the bugger thats helping you i am gonna pay him off. I don't need you getting any faster.
Well done on the 51.7 lap mate. king
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny on 11/10/2010, 9:25 pm

Hey Guys Sorry I haven't been around much this week and I'm Going to get thrashed this week at symmons. Have been flat with work been averaging 13 to 14 hour days all week plus son still sick waking me up every four hours so have been going to bed as soon as I get home to get some sleep before he wakes. Hence haven't had any practice as yet Will Do My best to jump on Tomorrow night and cut some laps as want to get up to speed as I'm really looking forward to the race

Benny

TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD on 11/11/2010, 6:58 pm

Symmons Plains is the shortest track on the 2009 V8 Supercar Championship Series calendar and 200 metres shorter than Barbagallo Raceway in Western Australia.

The venues have effectively swapped dates this year with the Tasmanian round moving from November to May.

Brief description of the circuit: A short yet fast lap characterises the Symmons Plains layout. The turn four hairpin and left hander at the end of the back straight are the two best passing opportunities. Brakes are worked very hard with drivers standing on the 'middle pedal' hard twice a lap within half a minute of one another.
Circuit length: 2.4-kilometres
Circuit direction: Anti-clockwise
Average speed: 167km/h
Maximum speed: 270km/h
Fastest Point: Back Straight
Slowest Point: Turn 4 Hairpin

SYMMONS PLAINS – A LAP WITH RUSSELL INGALL

Symmons Plains is not one of the most technical tracks in the country and for that reason it takes more effort to drag that extra fraction of a second out of the place and give yourself an edge over the opposition.
There is every possibility that the entire field could be separated by less than a second in qualifying this weekend and that could throw a couple of unexpected players into the mix.
The circuit is going to be a bit of an unknown for a lot of drivers, including my SBR team mate Marcos Ambrose, but I don’t think that is going to affect anyone for any great length of time.
As yon come over the start finish line in front of the new pit facilities you hit third gear, but then shift down to second and get on the brakes as you go over the rise and into the left hander.
They tell me it is from this point that the new resurfacing on the track starts.
You need to get the car balanced out of here for the slight right hander on to the main or front straight.
You hit fifth gear and reach about 240km before you are hard on the brakes – and I mean hard!
The hairpin is one of the few first gear corners in the entire series and well will get to as slow as 50kph through here.
It is vital to get to the power down as quickly as possible out of here and set up your run down the back straight.
While this is called a “straight” it really is a long slight right hander on which you hit top gear at about the mid-way point.
Coming into the back part of the straight you need to ensure the car settles well under brakes.
You then click down to third gear for the long left hander which basically connects the front and back part of the circuit.
You go through the first part of this in third gear, but then hit fourth mid-way through the corner for the finishing burst to the start finish line. The tell me that the resurfacing ends mid-way through this corner which will be interesting.
The V8 Supercar lap record at Symmons Plains is held by Craig Lowndes after he notched a 54.5805-second lap in a Commodore in 1999 – if the weather is fine, that record will be smashed this weekend.
I think there is every chance we will be in the 51-second bracket and maybe quicker.
The big target will be the track’s outright lap record which was set in the mid 70s by Alf Costanzo in an F5000 car.
I doubt we will get down to that time of 50.4 seconds, but I am sure there will be plenty trying to give it a crack.
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11/11/2010, 7:16 pm

F@#$%!G hell.

I have to go to Wellington tomorrow so after all that testing the other night I'm going to miss this round.

Kiwi if you pass me in the points all hell will break loose. I will be on the hunt if you do. lol. I'll destroy my car trying to get back passed you if I have to. Twisted Evil

There my warning stands. lol.

dev

P.S All in good fun mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by dano on 11/12/2010, 7:35 am

Hey nice running with you guys last night JD,Benny and Kiwi and thanks for the help and advice.

Do you any of you guys know about this?
Some #@$%wit that's just moved in must have used up our data allowance for the month and we appear to have dial up speed internet at the moment.
Yet I was able to run on the track with you guys like normal and my ping was just over 100 which is about what I normally see.
I don't think rfactor needs to transfer a lot of data ( i think it just shares coordinates ) but I would have thought dial up speed would be too little.
Any ideas or opinions?

So I'll probably be moving house this weekend, there is a chance I'll miss one or both of the v8s and bmws but I' do hope to be there.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny on 11/12/2010, 12:09 pm

Had My first run in these cars on this track last night and was happy with my testing so far since I had never turn a wheel in these cars at this track.

Managed to get down to 51.4 but interesting though when I was pushing with low fuel was mid to low 52's but put 80 plus litres of fuel in the car settled down and could pump out consistent high 51's and the odd mid 51.

Not saying I'm at JD's level as yet but with the nature of this track and the way I had the car running with a fuel load hopefully I might be able to make it bit more interesting for him.

Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD on 11/12/2010, 7:02 pm

Thats sux Dano, when i use up my monthly limit i get throttled to about dial-up and sometimes i don't have any lag or any dramas yet sometimes it has been bad.

Benny, i have had tracks before where when i stick more fuel in it settles the car down and has made me faster, so yeh this doesn't surprise me. I am sur ei am going to have some stiff competition at this round given the short track and lack of corner's & the fact you guy's are all improving every round. Might have to stop giving out my setup's, lol. Joking i wont do that i enjoy the challenge & the competition. Pit strategy can also make or break your race here more so with big fields though.

JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Car change for Kiwi

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi on 11/12/2010, 8:40 pm

I've changed cars as JD had Russell Ingall as well......

I have changed to John Bowe (12)
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD on 11/12/2010, 9:27 pm

kwik-kiwi wrote:I've changed cars as JD had Russell Ingall as well......

Sorry Kiwi, I didn't realize we couldn't use the same car, but i have been using Rusty's car all series.
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 on 11/12/2010, 10:31 pm

Hmm makes sense as to the multiple HRT's lol.

I can change to McConvilles car if somebody already has the HRT.

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi on 11/13/2010, 10:23 am

TTR=JD wrote:
kwik-kiwi wrote:I've changed cars as JD had Russell Ingall as well......

Sorry Kiwi, I didn't realize we couldn't use the same car, but i have been using Rusty's car all series.

No sure if was an issue..... just wanted people to know that if they see Russell Ingall's car, it was the fast Russell Ingall and not me in the slow one lol!
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down