TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» Porsche Championship
8/21/2017, 9:35 am by Growler

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
8/14/2017, 3:43 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» 2017 WTCC JFF Championship Details
7/10/2017, 12:02 pm by Jarqus

» BTCC - rFactor 2
7/10/2017, 8:51 am by Growler

» Queensland Raceway v0.45
7/9/2017, 11:02 pm by Obbzy

» Gt300 at fuji - final round with livestream and commentary - Rf2asia server 830pm race start
7/9/2017, 7:44 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» Townsville 2012 v0.47
7/3/2017, 8:47 pm by Obbzy

Downloads
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by vandem on 6/18/2016, 9:59 am

Growler wrote:Yes there will be weight penalties which I will introduce in Round 2 (Once I know how to figure it out!)
IIRC you need to reload after server rolls to the next race weekend so using a batch file is easiest.

command is:

/setmass (mass) (name)
server command to apply a penalty mass (0-255 kg) to the specified player with immediate effect, lasting for the rest of the weekend.

IIRC adding too much weight can screw up handling in some mods, so suggest a simple and small weight handicap, perhaps +100  / +50 for leaders / top 3,  suggest you do it by driver as IMHO no real need to penalise mid fielders who happen to be driving a fast car.    Objective shouldn't be to even the field, instead objective should be to improve racing experience for most by making it a little easier for mid-fielders to keep up with the leaders.

vandem

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 50
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Stevo_0230 on 6/18/2016, 11:24 am

ill take the last alpine a310 #23
avatar
Stevo_0230

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Growler on 6/18/2016, 5:11 pm

vandem wrote:
Growler wrote:Yes there will be weight penalties which I will introduce in Round 2 (Once I know how to figure it out!)
IIRC you need to reload after server rolls to the next race weekend so using a batch file is easiest.

command is:

/setmass (mass) (name)
server command to apply a penalty mass (0-255 kg) to the specified player with immediate effect, lasting for the rest of the weekend.

IIRC adding too much weight can screw up handling in some mods, so suggest a simple and small weight handicap, perhaps +100  / +50 for leaders / top 3,  suggest you do it by driver as IMHO no real need to penalise mid fielders who happen to be driving a fast car.    Objective shouldn't be to even the field, instead objective should be to improve racing experience for most by making it a little easier for mid-fielders to keep up with the leaders.
Yes...but how do you set the weight for multiple people at the same time?

_________________
avatar
Growler

Posts : 1481
Join date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by CortyGT on 6/18/2016, 5:51 pm

Batch file

_________________

1st 2012 Z-Car Series / 1st 2012 Zonda World Series / 1st 2012 Historic Series
1st TCL-ATCC Sandown Enduro 2012 Series / 1st TCL-ATCC 3hr Bathurst Enduro 2012 Series / 1st 2012 TCL-ATCC V8 Support Series Championship
1st 2012 V8 Ute Series / 1st 2012 Under 2.5ltr TCL mini Series
1st 2013 V8 Ute Series / 1st 2013 NAGT Series / 3rd 2013 WTCC Series / 2nd TCL British 2.5L 2013 Series 1st 2013 Z-Car Series / 1st 2013 TCL-ETCC-1986 Series
1st BL1972 Series 2014 / 2nd HQ Holden series 2014
avatar
CortyGT
Admin

Posts : 1431
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 36
Location : Gippsland, Vic

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Growler on 6/19/2016, 9:30 am

TTR-CortyGT wrote:Batch file

Example?

_________________
avatar
Growler

Posts : 1481
Join date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by vandem on 6/19/2016, 1:58 pm

Growler wrote:
TTR-CortyGT wrote:Batch file

Example?
Will send a p.m.

vandem

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 50
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Hayden Kirk on 6/19/2016, 5:17 pm

Having a little trouble installing,
Do I have to buy GTL? for this to be able to work

Hayden Kirk

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by TTR-Chrisrx on 6/19/2016, 5:28 pm

there's a way around it but i had gtl cd anyway. someone might have key gen.
avatar
TTR-Chrisrx

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2012-10-11
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Hayden Kirk on 6/19/2016, 6:46 pm

#74 Escort Please!

Hayden Kirk

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Hayden Kirk on 6/20/2016, 5:50 pm

Hey guys, I'm having more dramas again,

After running the Historics last night,
I jumped on another mod World Endurance Series and its like all my wheel settings have been completley turned around, Nothing in the settings has actually changed,

I'll do my best to try and describe it,
It's like 5-10 deg either side of centre my wheel is near impossible to turn but once I get past that point it slacks right of but the in game feels like I've got 1 deg of steering lock bascially wont turn at all,

I'm wondering if since installing the Historics has changed something seeing nothing else has been altered, curious if anyone else has had this before or know what might be causing it?

I run a G29 & I've unplugged all cables and restarted PC tried other mods and get the same result.

Again any help would be appreciated!

Hayden Kirk

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by CortyGT on 6/20/2016, 6:52 pm

Hayden, did you do a fresh install for the Historic GT Mod ?

If not that's your problem, Historic's require its own install separate to any other mod.

_________________

1st 2012 Z-Car Series / 1st 2012 Zonda World Series / 1st 2012 Historic Series
1st TCL-ATCC Sandown Enduro 2012 Series / 1st TCL-ATCC 3hr Bathurst Enduro 2012 Series / 1st 2012 TCL-ATCC V8 Support Series Championship
1st 2012 V8 Ute Series / 1st 2012 Under 2.5ltr TCL mini Series
1st 2013 V8 Ute Series / 1st 2013 NAGT Series / 3rd 2013 WTCC Series / 2nd TCL British 2.5L 2013 Series 1st 2013 Z-Car Series / 1st 2013 TCL-ETCC-1986 Series
1st BL1972 Series 2014 / 2nd HQ Holden series 2014
avatar
CortyGT
Admin

Posts : 1431
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 36
Location : Gippsland, Vic

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Growler on 6/20/2016, 7:34 pm

Hayden Kirk wrote:Hey guys, I'm having more dramas again,

After running the Historics last night,
I jumped on another mod World Endurance Series and its like all my wheel settings have been completley turned around, Nothing in the settings has actually changed,

I'll do my best to try and describe it,
It's like 5-10 deg either side of centre my wheel is near impossible to turn but once I get past that point it slacks right of but the in game feels like I've got 1 deg of steering lock bascially wont turn at all,

I'm wondering if since installing the Historics has changed something seeing nothing else has been altered, curious if anyone else has had this before or know what might be causing it?

I run a G29 & I've unplugged all cables and restarted PC tried other mods and get the same result.

Again any help would be appreciated!
I may have had something similar years ago with a G25. I think it has something to do with centering ticked in the profile.
Again not 100% sure but may help.

_________________
avatar
Growler

Posts : 1481
Join date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Hayden Kirk on 6/21/2016, 5:00 pm

TTR-CortyGT wrote:Hayden, did you do a fresh install for the Historic GT Mod ?

If not that's your problem, Historic's require its o install separate to any other mod.

No I havn't but that seems to be the general response so I will give that a go thanks.

Hayden Kirk

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by TTR-Chrisrx on 6/21/2016, 8:25 pm

its the ffb setting. just invert them and you'll be right
avatar
TTR-Chrisrx

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2012-10-11
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by DV_8 on 6/25/2016, 5:56 pm

#3 Porsche 914/6
avatar
DV_8

Posts : 183
Join date : 2011-11-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Growler on 6/25/2016, 7:35 pm

Weights will be added after round 2. Weights will be added/subtracted after each round (Not per race).
Here is the weights penalties format:

   1st. +75kg
  2nd. +50kg
  3rd.  +30kg
  4th.  +0
  5th.  -30kg
  6th.  -50kg
  7th.  -75kg
  8th.  -100kg
Max weight: 200kg
(Borrowed and modified from one of Cortys Post!)

Bear with me when I do this as I have never introduced weights before...so hopefully I don't stuff it up!

_________________
avatar
Growler

Posts : 1481
Join date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by vandem on 6/26/2016, 9:36 pm

Fyi, am away next 3 weeks, family holiday across the ditch, Brisbane -> Bourke -> Sydney.   Furthest inland I've been is Bendigo so looking forward to seeing the big flat, don't have much of than in NZ.

Back for Pau, then looking forward to Dijon which is a great track for racing.

vandem

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 50
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Pyro- on 6/29/2016, 1:18 am

I was wondering if there could be a bend in the rule about changing cars, as you may have noticed I blow the engine in this one every race. I was hopid to change to a more robust one so I might actually finish a race. If I can't I guess I'll just have to deal with it and drive like a granny and hope for the best.
avatar
Pyro-

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Growler on 6/29/2016, 1:35 pm

Pyro- wrote:I was wondering if there could be a bend in the rule about changing cars, as you may have noticed I blow the engine in this one every race. I was hopid to change to a more robust one so I might actually finish a race.  If I can't I guess I'll just have to deal with it and drive like a granny and hope for the best.

I have no issue with it.
The reason I only allowed 4 skins per car model was to stop everyone taking the same car.
Also...Mrsh - if you are reading this then its fine to take another Renault.

_________________
avatar
Growler

Posts : 1481
Join date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Pyro- on 6/30/2016, 1:48 am

I choose Escort #18 for my newby then thanks. After some testing, times indicate i'll still be racing the same guys Smile
avatar
Pyro-

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by CortyGT on 6/30/2016, 2:09 am

Pyro- wrote:I choose Escort #18 for my newby then thanks. After some testing, times indicate i'll still be racing the same guys Smile

Sorry Pyro, I already have the #18 Escort Cool

_________________

1st 2012 Z-Car Series / 1st 2012 Zonda World Series / 1st 2012 Historic Series
1st TCL-ATCC Sandown Enduro 2012 Series / 1st TCL-ATCC 3hr Bathurst Enduro 2012 Series / 1st 2012 TCL-ATCC V8 Support Series Championship
1st 2012 V8 Ute Series / 1st 2012 Under 2.5ltr TCL mini Series
1st 2013 V8 Ute Series / 1st 2013 NAGT Series / 3rd 2013 WTCC Series / 2nd TCL British 2.5L 2013 Series 1st 2013 Z-Car Series / 1st 2013 TCL-ETCC-1986 Series
1st BL1972 Series 2014 / 2nd HQ Holden series 2014
avatar
CortyGT
Admin

Posts : 1431
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 36
Location : Gippsland, Vic

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Pyro- on 6/30/2016, 2:15 am

well, #82 butterbox then Razz
avatar
Pyro-

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by vandem on 8/21/2016, 9:26 pm

Thanks Growler for running the show.

Interesting mix of cars, excellent track choice, tidy racing.

vandem

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 50
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Re: 1972 Touring Car Championship - Starts 19th June

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum