Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Winton Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Winton Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Winton Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Winton Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Winton Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Winton Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Winton Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Winton Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Winton Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Winton Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Winton

+2
TTR Benny
TTR=JD
6 posters

Go down

Post Winton Empty Post Winton

Post by TTR=JD 5/21/2011, 10:19 pm

Post away guys with how your race unfolded.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post Winton Empty Re: Post Winton

Post by TTR Benny 5/21/2011, 10:34 pm

Post Winton S2RESULTS
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/21/2011, 10:36 pm

Had a great night Race Report up tomorrow
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/22/2011, 8:02 am

It was a shame JD and webber didn't make the night would loved to knowhow I would have faired against you guys.

Put the car pole with 1m20.98 for me it felt like a perfect lap and was .6 quicker than my pb on controls leading into the event.

Race one
Managed to get the car hooked up and had enough of lead into turn one to just make the turn into turn one without defending. I was settling in to a comfortable pace and started to notice I was slowing pulling away from Nibiru. I worked to take the lead out to about two seconds and then started to try and conserve fuel to be able to make it on one stop. Made it into pit lane and run out of of fuel About 5m from my bay. Came back out in front and did my best to try and break Nibiru who had been sitting within 2 sec's of me for the whole race. On lap second after stop managed to beat my poll time and I repeated it again the following lap but Nibiru was still there and had enjoyed the nice fresh tyres as much as I had. Was watching the gap back to Kris who was flying on sprints but the gap Nibiru and i had pulled over the rest of the field in the first stint left us pretty safe. With about 3 laps to go noticed my fuel economy was going to be an issue and had to start short shifting and taking it easier to bring it back to a level I could make the distance. Due to this had to defend a lot quicker Nibiru who was having none of the fuel problems I was having held on for the win was wrapped not only on enduros the whole way but managing to beat Nibiru who this time last year beat me by over a lap nearly two.

Race two soon
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/22/2011, 8:21 am

Race two
Started on sprints and on cold tyres had a small advantage over Nibiru who was on them as well in testing I knew I couldn't make it on one stop on sprints with the extra pace they had. Th race was going great I appeared to just have enough pace on sprints to hold my lead. If I had been mid grid in traffic would have made my splash on he sprints and got another couple of laps out of them, but having a comfortable lead over everyone but second decided to change them and do the splash last few laps. Where it went wrong for me is Nibiru had managed to get his car to make the one stop even with the sprint tyres and my chance for first was gone (well one mate that was a fantastic drive in both races) Held on for second after making my second stop even after running off the track a couple of tines on last lap trying to hard.

Had a great night really enjoyed my self looking forward to Darwin a track I really love.

Well done to Kris and Wally for the third places
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 5/22/2011, 1:52 pm

Reasonably happy with qualifying position....

Race 1
Got a good start behind Benny and Nibiru then had a lock up in the second lap to put me behind Wally26....
Got past Wally when he had an off. however he got past me in the pit-stop... Got back around him just after pit... to have him get me again as the tyres went off.
Great battle Wally26 and well done Benny on the win....

Race 2
Had a spin turn 2 on the first lap.. hesitated because i saw kris ask about a re-start as nick hadn't made it back in.... realised it wasn't going to happen... took a trip through the old pits and re-joined at the rear of the field. Then came krazy-kiwi's pit strategy... I pitted early to change off enduros and onto sprints.... plan was to uses the same set of sprints for the rest of the race 19 - 20 laps!! .... Joined after the first pit behind Nibiru and Benny.
Came up behind Benny after my second fuel stop with me on very worn sprints and Benny on enduros. Stayed behind Benny for a few laps trying to get some tyre back.... Benny let me past and I picked up another spot after Dano had an off.... Had just enough tyre left to hunt kris down and past him as well...
Tyres were absolutely shot by the end of the race... made the last few laps pretty hairy!!!

Last edited by kwik-kiwi on 5/22/2011, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/22/2011, 1:58 pm

Sorry Kris and nick would have restarted but I missed the Message otherwise would have
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibiru 5/22/2011, 4:06 pm

Thanks for letting me join in the fun, I had a great nights racing guys.....everyone had great race craft.

Joined in at the last minute and didn't realize that control (enduro) tyres were going to be used. All my practice was done on sprints so qually was the first time I had used controls. I was very pleased and surprised to get 2nd in qually knowing track position is key at winton.

RACE 1
Lucky to be on the front row I tried to get a good start but Benny did the same thing and I settled into 2nd at the first turn. Knowing that it's a hard place to pass on I wanted to just keep up with Benny and hope for an error that I could capitalize on. That wasn't to be and saw the gap between Benny and myself blow out to 2.5 sec at one stage. I managed to catch Benny with about 3 laps to go but he drove an awesome race an I couldn't pass and finished .200 sec behind him. Well done Benny great driving the pressure didn't get to you at all Very Happy

RACE 2
Started the race on sprints and soon realized that Benny had done the same thing. It was a repeat of race 1 with the gap between Benny and myself sliding between 1 and 2 sec a lap. While trying to work out what strategy I would use to pass Benny he did it for me and pitted 1 lap short of half way. I then knew he would have to pit twice and if I just kept it on the black stuff I'd get the win with only 1 stop.

Great driving everyone and especially Benny I had to work hard. Laughing After lapping you last year it's great to see your determination to beat me has paid off. Laughing I'm sure your enjoying your racing more now Benny!!!

See ya next race
Nibiru
Nibiru

http://xfactorracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/22/2011, 4:57 pm

Thanks Nibiru Certainly am enjoying my racing more every round. That round last year was my first online race so it wasn't so much that I wanted to try and beat you more gauge how far I had come with practice over the year.

Did some testing today to workout where I went wrong and it was with the blipping of the throttle on the down change and the when I was changing down. It makes it worse on Sprints as I was dropping it back earlier again with more revs as the back was hanging on not stepping out.

All good another piece of knowledge to work with
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibiru 5/22/2011, 5:19 pm

no worries Benny you drove well. It is around a 12 month journey to get the hang of driving well in rFactor....but well worth it
Nibiru
Nibiru

http://xfactorracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nickb 5/22/2011, 6:17 pm

its alright hopefuly it wont happen next time.was good fun just wished ild used sprints in the first race.will look at gettin a wheel as i found it hard with the game pad.kris has said some use xbox controllers are they any good?

nickb

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 5/22/2011, 6:45 pm

Congrats to Benny & Niburu on the wins & Wally & kris on the podium sounds like it was a good night.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/23/2011, 12:21 pm

I'm just gutted I've missed so much racing this year with you guys.

It sounds like it was an awesome nights racing with alot of clean racing.

I'm aiming to be there for the Hidden Valley round.

Well done to you all.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 5/26/2011, 5:30 pm

better late then never with my post
was another well run night with all drivers racing like they had to pay for repairs them selfs
mint battles
sorry nick for uninstalling the virus program mid evening lol the computer he was on needed restarting afterwards
bloody thing kept popping up every hour "your trial period has run out "
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by nickb 5/27/2011, 4:57 pm

i think you were just trying 2 take a holden outa the competition.
that happens just hope it dont happen next time

nickb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down