Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post nuerburg rants and race results Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post nuerburg rants and race results Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post nuerburg rants and race results Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post nuerburg rants and race results Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post nuerburg rants and race results Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post nuerburg rants and race results Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post nuerburg rants and race results Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post nuerburg rants and race results Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post nuerburg rants and race results Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post nuerburg rants and race results Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post nuerburg rants and race results

+3
wobblyone
Obbzy
Wally26
7 posters

Go down

Should wtcc87 server be locked race night?

Post nuerburg rants and race results Vote_lcap70%Post nuerburg rants and race results Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]
Post nuerburg rants and race results Vote_lcap30%Post nuerburg rants and race results Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Post nuerburg rants and race results Empty Post nuerburg rants and race results

Post by Wally26 6/6/2011, 6:02 am

General idea last night was people want a locked server for wtcc87 events.... Attached is a poll

Race 1 -
Post nuerburg rants and race results Wtcc8710

Race2 -
Post nuerburg rants and race results Wtcc_r22

Class 2, Round results:
1st: Wally26 - 43
2nd: WOBBLYONE - 43
3rd: shaynskyline - 27
4th: David Paterson - 16
5th: Shazam - 16
6th: NIKONEN - 15
7th: Trippy - 14
8th: Tim Backspin - 10
9th: TTR Benny - 10
10th: richard k - 4

Last edited by Wally26 on 6/6/2011, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post nuerburg rants and race results Empty Re: Post nuerburg rants and race results

Post by Obbzy 6/6/2011, 9:44 am

Interesting evening.

Qualied in 14th after struggling to match everyone else with pace
(couldn't get any traction out of the corners).

Race 1: Got off to a slow start & was last!!! came back through the field a bit
to end up 13th only to realise my laps weren't being counted!!!!! No
These things happen (and it doesn't matter as I wouldn't have gotten any points anyway).

Race 2: After the restart another slow start to the rear of the pack... drove past a few
to end up in 12th b4 the pit stop. Ended up 11th.

Apart from being slow I was quite happy with the way I drove, only 1 partial lose on the
last lap of R2 with worn tyres (due to me being erratic as I was seeing how hard I could push the 'ol girl
on the last lap!!! Very Happy ).

Looking forward to the wide open spaces of Spa this week, hopefully we won't have any technical hic-ups
this time Shocked !

Cheers

Obbzy
Obbzy

Back to top Go down

Post nuerburg rants and race results Empty Re: Post nuerburg rants and race results

Post by wobblyone 6/6/2011, 1:18 pm

well had my first race with RF and u guys and gotta say WOW... what an evening, big thanks to admim the event it ran faultlessly and the driving standards in this club are awesome, what a great set of drivers Smile

Really enjoyed the m3 its a pleasure to drive and was over the moon to get pole in class 2 p4 overall in quali, race one i got a great start and slotted into third, was pretty much on my own in that one and could just keep groupcaction in sight for the duration, no chance of doing any better unless someone made a mistake....which they didnt Smile

race 2 was without a doubt up there as one of the most fun races ive ever had cheers with a great dice with bersely and racer69 for most of it, it was a nonstop battle with all 3 of us and each cars strengths and weakness in different places made it non stop overtaking, was hoping for the win in class in race 2 as id started on full fuel and was holding off wally who was flying in the 190 but didnt realise that RF automatically repairs panel damage and after our door to door action it needed a bit.... Very Happy so my "quick" pitstop ended up taking 45 seconds Embarassed Anyway in reality it doesnt matter as to be honest even if id have been in p30 that race was awesome...which is what its all about, thanks guys loved it. grats to the podium and looking forward to Spa...i think Shocked

cheers to all Wobb

wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 6/6/2011, 1:35 pm

Obbzy wrote:Looking forward to the wide open spaces of Spa this week, hopefully we won't have any technical hic-ups
this time Shocked !

Cheers

Rest week next week with the opener of 1970 sports car championship.
Details on sunday night special events

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 6/6/2011, 3:33 pm

It was great to be back racing this week.... our TCL Sunday's on here seem to be really kicking along, big grids and quality drivers, long may this mods popularity continue Smile

The Supra is proving an interesting challenge, no power but very good brakes and nice handling.. infact those attributes about it allowed me to be outbraking M3s. I'm driving the balls off it but having a great time, that race 2 battle with Bersly and wobbly was awesome, as was the race 1 battle with Bersly and Wally Smile

I started out practicing in the 14s and 15s and was wondering how in the world i could get down to a competitive time... i eventually did though and managed a 2.11 is qualifying which put me 3rd on the grid.

I got a good start in race 1 and held onto third until the hairpin where i just understeered off. I got back on track and battled past Wally and onto 4th-placed Bersly's tail. He was driving very well though and i just couldn't get through, Wally was very sneaky on the last lap and managed to nip 5th off me on the run to the finish line.

As for race 2, all i can do is echo Wobbly, that was great stuff. I was the cork in the bottle abit, and was definatly holding both up at points, but it made for great racing, and i loved every second of it.

Well done on the winners, and everyone for competing, it makes Sunday nights something to get excited about (as opposed to being depressed because work is the next day lol)
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 6/6/2011, 7:35 pm

Luckily I had an easy week at work so had a decent amount of practice flogging the heap of dead weight that is the VL Commode around this very technical track.

As a result I cleaned up qualy although I was expecting a 2:09 from GroupCAction. Lucky break.

Has to be said there was a great full grid this weekend and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the replay from several different people's angles.

Race 1 bogged a bit on the start and so was neck and neck with GCA into T1. A fantastic side to side battle with plenty of room happened and I switched back with some dastardly late braking to get the jump. After that I enjoyed punishing the Commode as it so richly deserves for the next 6 laps, with GCA ever present in the mirrors.

Race 2, reverse grid, got away cleanly and had overtaken GCA from 2 grid spots in front (?) by T1. The next few corners there were some amazing examples from lots of drivers of how to drive in a bunch. Two or three laps later there was an amazing example of how not to drive as I was comfortably in the lead lapping a nameless backmarker who feinted right on the back straight before moving back left, which completely rooted my race. Very disappointing as everyone in TTR are fantastic at lapping and being lapped normally, and this was some newbie who then left the server. The VL converted itself into a tripod so I was forced to pit and repair damage. It sounds rude to say "Disappointed with second" but I was.

Shout to Wally for caning the Merc around into places it shouldn't have been, and running a fantastic weekend. Similar with Racer69, anything you drive mate becomes a rocket. Jump into a Commode I'd love to battle you in one. Also shout to Billy Bob who had put in a lot of effort only to be rewarded with 2xDNF because of his internet.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 6/6/2011, 7:43 pm

I will echo Webber here.

The amount of preperation and practise Billy Bob puts into these races is incredible... Billy your efforts aren't going unoticed mate and on behalf of TTR management we thank you.

I't time to buy that ten metre long cable I think as wireless will never be reliable enough.

I wish you better success next round mate as you thoroughly deserve it

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/6/2011, 8:44 pm

Sounds like it was a great event, I'm shattered I had to go out, but anyway. I'll be at Spa, don't you worry about that!

I also apologise for letting wobblyone know about this forum! It seems he's a little too quick, feel free to demote him to a Corolla anytime soon lol!

Just as a question, I know it's a fortnight away (thought I'd ask so it's clear early on!), but will be we using Spa 88, or a newer version?

Wally, Wobbly has suggested to me tonight that I need lessons on how to drive the Merc! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post nuerburg rants and race results Empty Locking the server

Post by Shazam 6/8/2011, 8:13 am

I thought this matter had already been discussed in the previous series. It was suggested the server be locked then but everyone who wrote about it said that we needed to have it unlocked so that new people could join up. Why has that changed?

The person who we were talking about in the previous series is now a regular driver and part of TTR. I thought that was what you all wanted.

Doesn't it make it more interesting to have new people racing and yes some times things go wrong but havn't we all done something wrong at some time. I know I have and every week someone types in sorry to someone else.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 6/8/2011, 12:53 pm

any option to have the server locked say by quali....we could leave it open 4 new guys to get to interested, then lock it at quali after biffing any idiots or stopping any idiots joining.......to be fair tho agree that an open server is a better way of getting drivers into the club....although maybe have a open club recruiting nite or something? Im new at rf but some far it dosnt seem full of the wreckers that u get on the race/evo servers....or maybe ive been lucky so far?

totally agree with shazam....we all balls up no mistake there, look at me in the V8'S the other nite about 20 crashes in 1 race Shocked i suppose how u deal with it is that really matters....its the intentional idiots we all want to avoid, and in my single experience with you guys i gotta say everyone was very very fair in my humble opinion with either making moves or being lapped Razz among so of the best drivers ive raced against, the incident in race 2 was out of order by the sound of it and i HATE weavers...its cheating at the end of the day, and i suppose the guy should have at least said sry b4 buggering off....that sort of stuff u dont need Evil or Very Mad

Anyway im not in any place to comment too much as a newbie other than to say having a open server is great when u hear about an event/club on the nite of a race u can just jump in and play without all the registration drama passwords etc....u get a lot of new guys like that im sure...and if they are idiots u boot em at quali Smile

cheers wobb
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 6/10/2011, 11:17 pm

i agree with passwords on race nite.

the random passers by that try to join 15 times and keep on getting mismatches, are really annoying on race night. i dont know about anyone else, but everytime they enter, my game lags
a fair bit. during the week its fine i dont mind, but during quals and race it is a BAD THING.

This series is fairly full up atm, so i dont think we need anymore racers joining up. But even still they can have all week to join and sort out their stuff.

I'm not against passers by joining in, thats how i found this place. I just think it should be locked on race night, to prevent distractions.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 6/11/2011, 12:57 am

shaynskyline wrote:the random passers by that try to join 15 times and keep on getting mismatches, are really annoying on race night. i dont know about anyone else, but everytime they enter, my game lags
a fair bit. during the week its fine i dont mind, but during quals and race it is a BAD THING.

The mismatches are likely to do with people who have the dodgy unofficial "World Touring Masters" adaption of TCL trying to join the server and not knowing the difference.
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down