Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Bathurst Redo Post Race.

+8
Wally26
elgibo
racer69
TTR Benny
Obbzy
wobblyone
menthol369
shaynskyline
12 posters

Go down

Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Empty Bathurst Redo Post Race.

Post by shaynskyline 7/17/2011, 9:22 pm

ill make this quick.

qualified 11th.

held off steve crossland for a while, then him and wally passed me, mozza passed me, i ran into the sand AGAIN, havent done it all week. had to stop again for 1 lap of fuel.

finished 3rd last.(11th)

hope you guys had an awesome race. ill check out the replay to see how it all unfolded up the front of the pack.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Empty Re: Bathurst Redo Post Race.

Post by menthol369 7/17/2011, 9:30 pm

Qual had a decent lap of 2 18.4 and that got me 2nd.

Race: had a pretty good start and got out of t1 glued to webbers bumper.
after a few laps me and webber gained a good gap over 3rd. but he gradually slipped away and as this was happening groupc had caught up. it was an intense battle for bout 9 laps constantly swapping spots, the battle continued in the all the way into pit lane.. and some more.
My pit was the space directly infront of groupc forcing me to come in at 45deg. he left a split second before me which caused us to leave the pits side by side. i tagged the wall a tiny bit leaving the pit and he got ahead. he pulled away and the chase began...again

Groupc ended up pitting a feew laps earlier than i expected which was a surprise. it was a pretty calm drive to the end, i pitted again with a splash of fuel and somehow came out 12 sec ahead of groupc.

cruised to the end taking 2nd spot

menthol369

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 7/17/2011, 9:37 pm

had a poo one 2nite Sad no qual late from a sj race along with steve, got a good start passed shano wally mozza a few others and car felt great, up to p7, slowly reeling in racer and someone else in p5-6 and thought ok this looks promising the car feels great with a heavy fuel load got within a second or so of p5-6 and internet disconnected bugger....least i was kicking mozzs large round Bhind up until that point Smile

c u at next one glad to be past bathurst personally never done to well here

grats to podium

wobbs

ps sry if i talked right at end of quali, said it was practice when i joined my mistake appologies
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Obbzy 7/17/2011, 9:46 pm

Quallied 12th with a 2:23.9...

Had my usual cautious (slow, lol) start, back to 15th...
Ended up about 11th by the first pit (very quiet lonely first stint).
Wasn't too far behind Wally after pits, but gradually reeled him in,
then proceeded to keep the pressure on for anumber of laps.
Mozza came flying past, and I cunningly ( lol! ) let him through.,
and stayed a second or two back behind them.
About 3 laps to go, Wally & Mozza came unstuck at the chase, I scooted through,
to end up 7th (bad luck Billy bob running out of fuel). The thing I was happiest about,
did a whole hour around Bathurst without putting a scratch on the car! Yay..

Catch yas next week. bounce
Obbzy
Obbzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/17/2011, 9:49 pm

Shayn, you did well to finish. It's a very demanding track, especially over an hour, in a race situation.

Man, I had a roller coaster of emotions tonight. Can't believe how my race unfolded, I've never had to work so hard for a race before in my life I reckon!

Quali - Did quite a few laps, and was in the low 20's for a while and just couldn't beat it. Was fairly worried about some of the group 1 cars getting up and pipping me, and knowing that I could do a 19, I gave it 1 more shot and punched a 2:19.7xx. My fastest of the week I think. Fairly happy with that.

Then rfactor crashed. Dammit! (Angry man!!!)

Didn't do the top 10 shootout, as I didnt want to confuse anyone... I had rejoined the server after the crash in 15th... Was resigned to starting down back with Wobbly and Steve.

Race.
Thanks to the awesome work of Wally and Webber (Thanks guys!!) I started 10th... Much to Wobbz dismay I reckon! Got an awesome start, almost GTR like, as I smashed through the middle of the 2 sierras in front of me, and then had to back off to avoid running straight through Billy's VL. Stayed around the outside in T1 and managed to get through in 6th or so. The 2 sierras I passed off the line then drove past up mountain straight... Then my trouble began.

See my plan was to drive like a demon. I knew the Alfa boys could 1 stop it, and I just can't drive slow. It drives me nuts if I'm not on the limit. So I was gonna go beserk and try and build a gap to them, and go from there. My biggest worry pre race was that the bloody Sierras and Commodores would hold me up too much across the top and I wouldn't be able to get the gap... Low and behold, the 2/3 Sierras, a commodore and a Supra all decide that they're not slow enough line astern, they're all gonna fight across the top and slow me up even more (Lap 1!)... So I dutifully stay behind them, virtually rolling around the corners, watching Shayn and Wobbly close up... Then we got to Conrod, and they all disappeared.. Only to get to the chase, and whilst trying to avoid one of the Texaco cars, I spun into the wall. Lucky I wasn't on vent, cos I reckon Wally would've heard some words he hadn't heard before!
After the whole field got past, I turned around and got going. Reckon I caught up to Obbzy and I think he was letting me past, but I went wide ( across the top) in doing so, hit the wall, and speared into the wall on the opposite side and man... Now I was really mad. I reckon I punched a few things whilst getting everything in order. Then as I braked to come down skyline, toward the dipper I noticed a big skid mark behind me and then the old Merc wouldn't turn in for the dipper. CRAP, PUNCTURE! Geez, you reckon some expletives came out of my mouth then!

So I finally got back to the pits. Did a full pitstop (by this stage it was probably lap 3/4 or so) including repairing everything, a full tank of fuel and hards. Took over 40 seconds to complete... Then I went out and went spastic. Reckon I punched out a full stint of 2:22.1ish. Then, at the 30 min marker, when all my Group 2 competitors pitted, I managed to pass them all. Geez, I started to think I might be able to drive myself into this one. Managed to get around a 12 second gap to Wally and Obbzy before I pitted a few laps later. A full tank of fuel, a set of hards, and BAM 21 seconds later I'm out, 8 seconds behind Shayn, and 4th in class 2.
Then I started back in my 2:22.1ish times again. Caught shayn after probably 4-5 laps after he ran wide at T2. Then caught Obbzy, who let me past fairly easily between the chase and Murrays. Then I caught Wally, and I managed to be right up his ringer through the dipper, and through forest elbow. Sat in his draft, and followed down to the chase.... The damaged earlier had cost me nearly 6kph straight line speed, very important in Group 2!!. Anyway, as we braked for the chase, I slowed right up and thought we were right, and was aiming to get past at Murrays... Then crap, Wally has slowed more than I expected. Bang! Just nudged him, spun him and he stopped right on the edge of the sandtrap at the chase. Geez. Lucky! (Insert angry man!) Anyway, Obbzy got past, I waited for Wally, and then followed him... Already decided to let him have P2 in Group 2, so I just followed him through the rest of the race...

So yeah. Massively PO'd with myself. Anyway. Onto Calder.

Sorry about the long post!

Last edited by mozza on 7/17/2011, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/17/2011, 10:18 pm

Hey guys wondering how you went with the server this week after the request reinstall
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Obbzy 7/17/2011, 10:18 pm

mozza wrote:
After the whole field got past, I turned around and got going. Reckon I caught up to Obbzy and I think he was letting me past, but I went wide ( across the top) in doing so, hit the wall, and speared into the wall on the opposite side and man... Now I was really mad.

Yeah, I gave ya room, but I didn't think you would try to go around me into Mcphillamy, maybe on the way through or out!!!! affraid
Obbzy
Obbzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/17/2011, 10:25 pm

Obbzy wrote:
mozza wrote:
After the whole field got past, I turned around and got going. Reckon I caught up to Obbzy and I think he was letting me past, but I went wide ( across the top) in doing so, hit the wall, and speared into the wall on the opposite side and man... Now I was really mad.

Yeah, I gave ya room, but I didn't think you would try to go around me into Mcphillamy, maybe on the way through or out!!!! affraid

I was in a hurry Obbz! I had places to go, Wobbly's to beat!!!! bounce

Oh and for the record...
Lap 21, battle for the lead in Group 2 at The Dipper..

P1 - Wally
P2 - Obbzy
P3 - Mozza

Bathurst Redo Post Race.  GRAB_019

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 7/17/2011, 10:29 pm

TTR Benny wrote:Hey guys wondering how you went with the server this week after the request reinstall

I don't think there were any problems :-) Everything seemed to run just fine

We thought Mozza got kicked, but according to his post above his whole rfactor crashed

Great effort Benny & others for the work put in to get it running smoothly again!

PS...will do my race review later
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 7/17/2011, 10:40 pm

i got booted for the first time ever in a race but think it was my internet connection going down, nothing else
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Obbzy 7/17/2011, 10:48 pm

All good with the server this end.

Thanks Benny and the crew for their tireless efforts getting everything to run smooth.
Cheers All. Bathurst Redo Post Race.  192488

p.s. heres the moment of truth, lap 23:

Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Obbzyw10
Obbzy
Obbzy

Back to top Go down

Post by elgibo 7/18/2011, 12:44 am

First of all - thanks for sorting out the server!! Was great to have a larger race!! On the downside - my car no longer works!!! Sad Poor vovo. I'll have to try another install Smile

Soooo after thinking I was gonna have to sit this one out, I tried loading in with a sierra, which worked!! Very Happy So with about 4 laps of setup and practice in the ol vacuum cleaner I was up there with the other guys doing a mid 1:18, which was 3rd fastest coming into the top 10!!! Top 10 managed a very tail happy 1:19 which was 4th I think. Had a good start and was particularly smug looking backwards at busy track behind as we streaked away. Wink Not often I get to do that!

Passed someone into the cutting and ran 3rd for half of the first lap, until my confidence in my race setup started to show as I was passed back rather easily Smile Maintained a good gap behind the leaders for the first 3 laps until I got into the chase, where I changed down a gear without enough revs and locked up big time Sad Watched the entire field go by as I tried to reverse my way out the quicksand Sad

Rest of race was a big catch up, pretty much running on my own without any battles Sad Not the most fun but was hard work banging in constant 1:20's. Was good to get to grips with the sierra again and good practice for next season I guess. Must of passed quite a few people in the pits as I only remember seeing 1 alfa and a couple of bmw's, no mercs at all.

Saw Billy recovering from a spin over the top and slotting in about 30s behind Shano and Racer who looked to be having a good battle. Was catching them at a 1-2 seconds a lap, then would make a mistake and do it again.

Unfortunately Shano wasn't such a gentleman this race and didn't pull over and give me his spot on the last corner. Poor show! Wink

Quite happy with 6th place tho. Probably about where I would have been had I ran the Volvo at anyrate - give or take a position or 2. Thanks again for a great race!!
elgibo
elgibo

http://www.davegibson.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 7/18/2011, 8:20 am

i am one of the peeps who dread bathurst but i realy enjoyed myself this race.
had some fantastic battles throughout the race with steve, obbzy, shaynskyline, mozza.

1st battle was with steve and skyline, steve got through and left me racing shaynskyline. Once again shayn, you really impressed me with some great driving and I can tell everyone it took every bit of my ageing skill to get by and stay there.. wd shayn, you are driving brilliantly and very soon will be a major force here.

I had decided earlier to short shift through the race to make it a single stop and to do the entire race on one set of mediums. made the mistake in the pits of forgetting to tell the pits NOT to fix the damage and ended up with a 40+ second stop with no fresh tyres Embarassed

Through my extremely second hand tyres I tried to hold off Obbzy and Mozza in a fantastic little battle for the honours of Class 2.
Unfortuneately, the tyres were getting a bit secondhand as I was forced to drop my shortshifting idea on quite a few occasions to try to gap them..... Tyres GONE.
Had to brake a lot earlier than the other guys and it was only a matter of time before Mozza was caught out and tagged the back of the car in the chase. managed to claw out of the sand and thanx Mozza for waiting. I think Mozza got the guilts and stayed behind me the last remaining laps. That was very unfortunate because he deserved second place for the class. Mozz it was my decision to try the whole race on one set of mediums, Yous should of repassed me after the readress mate, following me you could probably see my tyres were shot.

Anyhow surprisingly for me at Bathurst I will have to say it was worth the wait because I really enjoyed myself there.

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 7/18/2011, 8:28 am

elgibo wrote:First of all - thanks for sorting out the server!! Was great to have a larger race!! On the downside - my car no longer works!!! Sad Poor vovo. I'll have to try another install Smile

A Volvo that broke down???????????????? your kidding right ? lolololol

Call the trayback again! confused
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/18/2011, 9:03 am

Probably just a flat battery I swear I saw it in the showroom with the parker lights on
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 7/18/2011, 9:51 am

TTR Benny wrote:Probably just a flat battery I swear I saw it in the showroom with the parker lights on

Cost cutting by Volvo management Ben.
Showrooms can run without lighting relying solely on the light provided by overstocked Volvo's.
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by milo 7/18/2011, 10:01 am

Wally26 wrote:
TTR Benny wrote:Probably just a flat battery I swear I saw it in the showroom with the parker lights on

Cost cutting by Volvo management Ben.
Showrooms can run without lighting relying solely on the light provided by overstocked Volvo's.

Doesnt the light turn off when you close the door on the volvo?, i mean i cant leave the doors open to long because all the food inside defrosts!!
what the volvo needs is a 6.2km extention lead for the bathurst race.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/18/2011, 10:10 am

Wally26 wrote:
Through my extremely second hand tyres I tried to hold off Obbzy and Mozza in a fantastic little battle for the honours of Class 2.
Unfortuneately, the tyres were getting a bit secondhand as I was forced to drop my shortshifting idea on quite a few occasions to try to gap them..... Tyres GONE.
Had to brake a lot earlier than the other guys and it was only a matter of time before Mozza was caught out and tagged the back of the car in the chase. managed to claw out of the sand and thanx Mozza for waiting. I think Mozza got the guilts and stayed behind me the last remaining laps. That was very unfortunate because he deserved second place for the class. Mozz it was my decision to try the whole race on one set of mediums, Yous should of repassed me after the readress mate, following me you could probably see my tyres were shot.

W26

Yeh pretty much Wal. Thought that considering I just took you outta the lead for Class 2 honours, you could have the 2nd that I was in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 7/18/2011, 12:10 pm

That was definitely the hardest race I have ever done.

Thanks to Benny and Wally26 for the time and effort that they put in to sorting out the server issues. I know Shazza will understand, Wally, but I hope your missus doesn't mind too much Benny,

managed to get some practice in for Bathurst this week, so I ended up smashing last week's pole time pretty comprehensively.

Whereas last week I tried a strategy of going quite slowly and conserving bulk fuel for a one-stopper that didn't happen, this week I just went for it from T1 to the last blast down Conrod.

It was all made more challenging because force feedback had switched itself to negative. I'd been practicing for the Tuesday F1s, but changed it for qualy, then RFactor crashed and forgot before the race, and I completely forgot to change it again. Turn 1 was a shock! The hardest part was correcting slides, hard not to overcorrect.

Fairly simple race, watching the time gaps ebb and flow with battles behind. Enjoyed watching the replay of dan_gtsx and groupcaction, that was a really good one. And Shano very impressed with you cutting through the field and going quicker than those two in your first stint, despite this being your first race in the sierra? I'm scared for next year...
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 7/18/2011, 4:41 pm

A really fun race on my part, i had to push the whole way in a great battle with Shano. As Webber said, you will be one to watch next season (as well as the last few races this season!)

QUAL - i had a pretty poor qualifying session, couldn't get near the times i set last week (low 2m18s), and ended up 8th with a 2m20.2s lap.... was abit mystified as i hadn't touched the setup since last week.

Top 10 - I tried a "Grice" at the start of the lap, and from there on in, as Dan mentioned after my lap (thanks for watching Smile ), was a very loose and taily affair. It was all going really good i felt until Forrests Elbow, when i got very taily on the way out and lost alot of time. Managed at 2m19.2s lap though, which left my 5th on the grid, which pleased me, but i was left surrounded by horsepower (Commodore's and Sierra's)

Race - I made a decent start, but lost out to billybob and Shano on the run up to XL Bend. Shano got past billy and then me and billy had a really good dice. I would sneak up the inside at the Elbow, he would get me on the straight, i would sneak inside at Murray's, but billy would outdrag me to Hell Corner. This went on for a few laps before billy got abit loose at the Cutting and i got through. I was able to build a big enough lead across the top to keep him at bay on Conrod.

I was left in 6th, which became 5th after the unfortunate eligibo went off, and i set off after Shano who was 5secs up the road. I would make time up across the top, Shano would pull out on the straights, and the gap stayed similiar until my pitstop on lap 10. I refuelled and put new tyres on, and set off. When Shano made his stop a lap later, he was only about a second in front. Over the next entire stint the gap basically stayed the same. We both made a few small errors which cancelled eachothers gains out. I was on the limit the whole time. I'd be right on Shano's bumper across the top, he'd gap me on the staights, was fantastic motor racing.

I made my second stop on lap 20, taking on just 7 laps of fuel to get me home (i was assuming it'd be 26 laps max in the hour) and no tyres. Shano pitted a lap or two later and came out of the pits just behind me. What followed was a frantic last few laps, Shano was catching me, but i was able to be just quick enough through the corners leading onto the straights that i could keep Shano out.

On the last lap Shano had a great lunge under brakes at Murray's which made a very exciting finish, we crossed the line pretty much side by side. Great stuff, great fun Smile

Great drive by everyone, especially Webber, dominant performance mate. 2m16s in the '87spec VL is majorly impressive.

On now to Calder Park and the sprint races return.
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 7/18/2011, 4:53 pm

well thanks to webber and racer for some huge encouragement... and yes webber was 2nd race with sierra as last week was first... have learnt alot this series and decided to switch to sierra to get sum practice for next series... and im enjoying it muchly...

qualy went good for me got 2nd but top ten shootout i should of stayed in pits lol...went pear shaped from as soon as i crossed start line lol... think i got 9th ... uncool...

race was prolly best 1 so far by a mile for me... first few laps was battlin wit billy and racer.... could keep racer in rear view sight but when a gap was made 1 of us was making mistakes so the gap just stayed same.... last session pitted for petrol but put to much in and i could not take it out argg which put me just behind racer.. he made me push hard to gain the gap... last corner chucked it up the inside i knew i wouldnt take him out cause i had a feeling he knew i was going to.... lol... but crossed the line side by side was pretty fat after a hour battling.....

lookin forward to next few rounds and gettin a grip on sierra for a full attack next season...im coming after the DJR boys lol..... thanks to benny and wally for gettin server stable was fat to have big grid.....

and ty webber for pushin me along with some nice comments... cheers...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 7/18/2011, 6:43 pm

Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Wtcc_r11
Bathurst Redo Post Race.  Wtcc_r12

Class 2 :-
Obbzy - 25
Wally26 - 18
Mozza - 15
Shaynskyline - 12
David Paterson - 10

Last edited by Wally26 on 7/18/2011, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBob 7/18/2011, 7:49 pm

OK well i didnt duplicate saturdays 1:18's on sunday but 6th place quali was pretty good.

Race start was slow as usual... cant get this thing hooked up. Passed racer and shano up mountain straight and into 5th i think. Forcefeedback was playing up pulling hard both left and right.. was a struggle to stay straight. Shano and racer caught me up after passing trippy and a bit of late (way too late) braking gave Shano a chance to pounce.. with racer right on my tail. A great fight developed with racer who was clearly quicker but just not enough grunt to make a pass stick and i just had to out drag him.. i think the word is sayonara in the land of the rising sun.. dunno what the japanese is for conrod..but i bet it rhymes with sayonara lol!... anyway can't have too much of a good thing and a very loose commodore let him by over the top and i couldn't reel him in again. I was on a one stopper so i thought id settle down and see what comes out after the pit stops. Well i had to pit b4 the 30 min mark which didnt happen in practice.. the battle obviously took its toll so the second half was very lonely and very slow.
All in all was in 7th when the clock hit zero and thought thats not bad should just make it... cruising on the last lap with no-one behind heading up the hill for the last time and splutter cough.... no fuel final 10th pos which is ok considering .

Server was awsome.. my isp held out so i actually completed the entire event.
Well done to the admin team and congrats to webber.
P.S. GroupC and Dan... was a very entertaining dice between the both of you enjoyed watching the replay Smile

Last edited by BillyBob on 7/18/2011, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down