» Racing for this year "2017" !!
8/14/2017, 3:43 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» 2017 WTCC JFF Championship Details
7/10/2017, 12:02 pm by Jarqus

» BTCC - rFactor 2
7/10/2017, 8:51 am by Growler

» Queensland Raceway v0.45
7/9/2017, 11:02 pm by Obbzy

» Gt300 at fuji - final round with livestream and commentary - Rf2asia server 830pm race start
7/9/2017, 7:44 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» Townsville 2012 v0.47
7/3/2017, 8:47 pm by Obbzy

Downloads
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post calder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post calder

Post by menthol369 on 7/24/2011, 9:19 pm

Blitzed Quali

R1: had a crappy start then followed webber for abit, went to hot into t6 put me back to 5th or something, then went way to hot with shano into t1. after that shano decided id be a great extra set of brakes and probably nudged me 20 thousand times >Sad sup myself out in hopes to get back to the front and finished 7th or something crap.

R2 was again crap. had a good start and followed webber till pitting time, on my outlap wobbly who was running a lap down thought itd be a great idea to try pass me exiting t3 and spun me out, takign all chance of winning out. after that it was down hill few more mistakes and i was back to 3rd right behind groupc which we had an interesting final lap where he outsmarted me into braking late on t6 trying to go wide and outbrake him..... whereas he braked really early and watched me fly past . finished 3rd.

menthol369

Back to top Go down

Re: Post calder

Post by Webber on 7/24/2011, 9:38 pm

Well done on your awesome lap in qualy Dan, beat me fair and square.

I had turned about 20 laps practice this week, but luckily have raced here last series in a Commo. On that occasion I didn't understand the tyres, and after an epic battle with racer69 in his Skyline, he went on to win. This season I've got a handle on the tyres and how to thrash the car cleanly, (well sorta!)

R1 fairly straightforward, had a rocket ship start outdragging dan gtsx down the straight, then gap back to groupcaction was easily controllable. Glad to win it.

R2 much harder, with groupcaction always picking the right strategy and dan_gtsx hot on my heels, gap was steady at about 2 secs. Tried the "don't change tyres" tactic. After spending half the second stint sideways, would probably not choose that tactic again,
anyway an enjoyable win.

Not sure I'll be able to make the next couple of races because starting on a hard part of my course which conflicts sunday evenings, but hope to put in a show.

Watched the replay, fantastic moves by dan gtsx on groupcaction, especially when you repass him with a switchback at T1, fantastic to watch,

billy bob and shano great races too and congrats shaz on finishing R2

edit: forgot about mozza winner of class 2! obviously he put out the spinnaker down the straight,
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline on 7/24/2011, 9:54 pm

Qualifying: Missed it by 2 seconds.

R1: Finished 13th or something.

R2: Held up Obbzy for a while, then rammed him. Sorry mate. Finished 14th i think.

All this finishing last is getting old. Fast.

See ya's at Wellington.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/24/2011, 9:59 pm

Man. On a track I thought the Merc had not a hope in hell on! Managed to snatch pole in class 2 from Wobbly in the last few seconds, which I think put me 5th on the grid, behind the big boys.

Race 1
Managed a damn good start and shot past a shano and billy I think, as they turned their rears into smoke. Moved across to block wobbly, cos he's a cheater. Lol.
Anyway, kept him behind me for a few laps. On lap 2 or 3, Dan and Shano in their turbo rice wagons locked up into T1 and Shano went right and Dan went left and slid past me. Lucky I was watching my mirror, cos I gave Shano some room to go through.
After that, wobbly snuck through somewhere and I chased him for a few laps, quite happy to follow him as he locked up and was clearly trying to smash the M3s tyres off. Managed to outbrake him into T1 and gap him comfortably. Ended up in P3 overall at the end. Absolutely stoked with that, having expected the Group 1's to leave us for dead.

Race 2.
Much harder prospect, as there was a heap of faster cars all around me. Off the line, I once again got a jump on the wheelspin brigade, until the end of the pitlane where they all got into their stride and were all swerving left and right and everywhere trying to get past wobbly and myself. Somehow (on the 2nd restart) everyone got throgh fairly comfortably. Can't remember too much of the start of it, other than I was slowly pulling away from wobbly, only to start getting help up by Billy and Shano... and then starting to get frustrated, as every lap I'd close right up throgh the back section of the track, and even going into the last turn i could sneak a nose up the inside of Billy, but once he got the power down, he drove away. Lap, after lap... after lap... after lap. I was starting to curse the little German car that was starting to look like it couldn't.... Then wobbly caught up and decided my rear bumper needed some aerodynamic adjustment, and we went onto the grass at T1. All good though, I only lost a place to racer in the supra. Was all over him too, but much like Billy, I couldn't get him where it matter. Lap after lap he'd drive away down the straight.
Pitted half distance, and followed Billy in. To my suprise I managed to get out ahead of him and just came out ahead of Racer who was almost a lap up. Was suprised to see him come out ahead of me, but I managed to catch him slowly, whilst also battling with Shano, with whom I also had another coming together. I think I was already sliding when you tapped me through that little chicane mate, but thanks for waiting. Very gentlemanly of you! Regardless, we had an epic fight, and we were closing on Racer, but also had a charging VL commodore of Billy catching us.
Coming onto the straight, I had a sierra alongside me, a Commodore on the otherside and a supra in front of me... All of which passed me.. Dammit. Friggin 2.3 litres of German puss!
Anyway, managed to get past Racer eventually, after I think I tapped him, so I waited a bit for him to get back going....

Then managed to somehow just beat Dave in his Sierra home.

Geez I'm buggered again. Can't believe how hard I have to wring this bloody Merc's neck. lol.

Catch ya's at Wellington!

Thanks Wal for setting it all up and stuff. Doing a great job mate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 on 7/24/2011, 10:01 pm

skyline, race 2 you were 4th, wd
goode points
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline on 7/24/2011, 10:57 pm

I think maybe im looking at this all wrong lol.

Someone said a while back, that there are two races going on here. The faster cars, and the slower cars. And that i should just concentrate on doing well in Class 2.

Its just very hard during the race, to ignore the fact that im coming second last, and realise that im coming 4th in class.

Also, the fact that an M3 and Merc are up the front challenging the big boys, makes it harder aswell. Makes me think why am i so damn slow, they can do it.

Then i remember that they have been doing this a lot longer than me.

Maybe im getting in my own way lol.

Enough about me though lol. Carry on. More stories plz.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/24/2011, 11:09 pm

shaynskyline wrote:
Then i remember that they have been doing this a lot longer than me.

Damn straight.
Also remember that you were lapped at Spa I think, which is a very long lap, but here at Calder, which is only just over a minute long, you weren't (By the Group2 leaders).

You're getting quicker mate, don't you worry about that. Next time, come to quali. It makes life a bit easier lol.

Edit - In all honesty Dan, I think you should've waited till tomorrow to post your little rant. I've watched the replay and you were over a car width off the normal racing line through the corner, and you started to slide. Wobbly wasn't trying to go past you, he was just on the racing line. Racing incident. It happens.

Last edited by mozza on 7/24/2011, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson on 7/24/2011, 11:25 pm

Race 1, got a good start and enjoyed the first 5 laps dicing with Shayn & Obbzy, then i spun all by myself at T3. Spin, spin, spin, by the time I got back on, they were long gone and I drove around & around all by myself and finished 13th, only car to get lapped.

Race 2, another good start. In the early laps I couldn't keep up with Shayn & struggled to keep Obbzy behind. Eventually he got by and drove away. I was lonely from then on. The only time I got any company was when a faster car lapped me.

Dano caught me approaching the fast chicane, so I backed off and moved over to let him through, had to back right off so i could follow him through. When I moved back on line and turned into the chicane, i had lost so much speed letting Dano through, poor Wally was closing fast, had nowhere to go and bounced off my car into the scrub.

It was easily a 1 stop race in the M3 and i left my stop as late as possible, took on a set of softs to replace the mediums I started with, took on 12 laps of fuel, there was only 10 laps to go and told the crew not to fix the wally shaped rear bar. Came out over a lap in front of Shaz, 35s behind Shayn and a lap behind everyone else. Went as hard as i could, but it was a foregone conclusion with gaps that big.
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Obbzy on 7/24/2011, 11:31 pm

Qualied near the tail... nothing unusual...

R1. Usual start...at 15th.... passed a few...hang on.. still 15th....
(checked the replay, nothing untowards), car just did not register in the race????
Carried on regardless... had a good battle with Dave P until
he came to grief at the 1st chicane on about lap4... pretty quiet (Dave G got past), until
last corner when I went in a bit hot into last turn, Shaynskyline
nearly passed me, held on for "11th", finished 15th (Thanks rFactor!!!!mmmmrrrph).

R.2. At least car registered in the race this time. Dave P and I resumed our battle for
first 5 or 6 laps until Dave P went wide at end of back straight. Spent the next 10 or so laps catching up to
Shayn, finally catching him. Saw his tyres were shot so hounded until he relented on lap20 and let me through.
Got a big shunt from Shayn turn 1 Lap 21 as he just could not pull the car up (bad luck, saw u were out of control
I couldn't get out of the way under braking!!!!). Pitted end of the lap and came out
in 11th??? Chugged along pretty nicely for the remainder of the race (actually got my fastest lap on Lap 37!)
kept out of the way of Billy Bob & Shano last turn. All in all pretty happy with the racing (just not with rFactor in R.1)

Dunno if I'm looking forward to Wellington, never been a big fan of street circuits anyway, and Wellington looks
like a track I'll hate. But, we'll punt the little Alf aaround for all it's got and see what happens.

Catch yas next week

Cheers

cheers OBBZY cheers "You know you're in trouble when the first person to get to you after a wreck is carrying a beer"- Jimmy Horton

Obbzy

Back to top Go down

Post by elgibo on 7/25/2011, 2:20 am

Overall I had a great time. Shame I couldn't run the volvo, but I'd prefer to have everyone racing if I'm the only one in that car. Took on the sierra.....bad idea going into quali with no clue where all my braking points were. Oh well. Managed P10 or something. Would have been up in 5-6 in the volvo tho looking at the times Sad

R1 was a good start, slotted in behind a few of the other sierra's and racer. Over egged it a bit on a new car, so ended up facing the wrong way a few times. Was having a good on/off battle with wally depending on whether I stayed on the track or not. Spun out onto the pit straight and watched loads of people go by. My tyres were cooking at that point, so buckled down to some slower laps to get used to the car. Ended up getting to grips with it a bit and stayed on for the remainder. Had a nice little battle with Obbzy for the closing laps. Managed to get by and ended up 10th I think. Not good for a sierra, but not too bad for me.

R2 was a another reasonable start, resuming my battle with Wally and Racer for much of the early race - until I inevitably lost it a couple of times and was well behind again. I think just after pitstops I met Billy in his holden who seemed to be having a longer pit. Came out in front of him. Those V8's are wicked fast down the straight so I was doing some crazy late braking to try and keep him behind. Stupid really since I was on the limit anyways Wink Miscalculated MAJORLY into T1 and had to cut across the grass and pray I didn't side swipe him at a rather high speed. Luckily I think he saw me coming. Due to tyre issues of people in front, after concentrating on my apex's I managed to claw my way back through the pack again. Passed wobbly, wally and racer towards the end and was right on mozza's tail for the finish. If I had just stayed on track 2nd to last corner, I think I would have had him Wink Finished 7th, managing to keep that webber shaped holden behind me at a distance so I wasn't lapped! Very Happy Pretty happy about that! I'm sorry if my racing was a little bit messy today - I definitely slowed wally up a bit due to him giving me a wider birth Razz (I would too!), but I was trying maybe a little too hard in a car I'm not 100%.

Can we see if we can get a 240 working?? I'd love to do wellington in it. If its too much hassle I'll stick with the sierra. Looks like I have my work cut out getting used to it anyway. Especially in the RS500 guise next season.
elgibo

http://www.davegibson.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 on 7/25/2011, 5:32 am

I'll try mate, i thought we had the problem fixed, just take another volvo from somewhere???? what happened there, i could see you ok in the volvo.

and battling you and racer69 in that barge (oops Question Arrow ) Supra, sorry slip of the tongue, was really great fun, enjoyed every minute.
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber on 7/25/2011, 8:12 am

Shame I couldn't run the volvo

Just figured out what the problem must have been. To reinstall TCL I downloaded Benny's file which just had ATCC+WTCC 1987+1988. I take it you were trying a vulva from a different year in order to fix some other issue? That would have caused the problem, so it was completely my fault. Will fix it ASAP so you can lay the brick next race.
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny on 7/25/2011, 8:40 am

Not Sure about last night but the server is normally set for Those groups of cars only anyway so someone can't enter with the wrong year

3rd 2010 BMW Series - 2nd 2011 TCL Series - 2nd 2011 NZV8 Series
1st 2011 Porsche Series - 2nd= 2011 V8 Supercar Series 2 -
2nd= 2011V8 Endurance Series
3rd 2012 NZV8 Series - 2nd 2012 V8 Supercar Series 1 1st 2012 NZ SuperTourer Series 1
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elgibo on 7/25/2011, 9:05 am

There seemed to be a problem with the 87 WTCC volvo's, so wally enabled all the other volvo's no matter the year for me to race. I was in the 86 ATCC which worked until we had a glitch on webbers - so since I'm the only volvo racing regularly I had a go in the sierra. No biggie Smile Glad we've figured the issue with Webber at least Very Happy Means I can get back to what I know! Wink

Chrs chaps! Enjoy your day.
elgibo

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 on 7/25/2011, 8:44 pm

A so so night as far as the results were concerned for the Supra, but in terms of racing, i had a great time. Really good battling with Wally, Shano, Mozza, billybob & Dave (and others) throughout both races.

I've found over the season that the Supra is much more at home on the high speed swooping circuits like Silverstone and Spa. Bathurst was ok, but the car has buggerall torque that it struggles so much out of the slow corners, which hampered me at Brno and Calder, and i'm thinking a similiar story at Wellington. Fuji might be ok as it only has three slow corners connected by long straights..... the straightline speed of the Supra is very similiar to the Sierra, its just the Sierra gets there quicker.

Qualifying for so close really between the top 10, i wound up 8th but not very far off the frontrunners.

Race 1 - Got a good start and settled into the dice that covered everyone from about 3rd to 10th!! Seriously it was great driving by everyone, very clean and competitive. It was great to see so many different cars so close together. Places kept changing through overtaking moves and slight errors. There was lots of passing and re-passing. Unfortunatly towards the end of the race my tyre choice rendered my left front useless, and i dropped back to a 9th place finish.

Race 2 - I got abit of a slow start so took it easy into turn 1 and let the action happen infront of me. I was back in 13th or something at the end of lap 1, but put my head down and had a great dice with Wally for 9th place for a while. I set off after Mozza, and benefitted from his and Wobbly's coming together, but had to work hard to keep him behind me. He was all over me in the tight bits, but i got abit of a breather on the straights.

I stayed out until my fuel ran out, and made a stop 13 laps from the end, taking on just fuel, no tyres. To my amazement, i came out of the pits in 4th spot! I couldn't hold it though, the tyres were shattered, i could barely get through the right handers by the end, and i faded to 9th.

I'm in the minority of quite liking Calder, one thing the track does do is produce fantastic racing, as last night showed Very Happy

TCL Sunday Bathurst 1hr Enduro - 2011 - 1st place cheers
TCL Sunday 1988 Bathurst Enduro 2011 - 2nd place

TCL Tuesday Series 2011 - 1st place
TCL Sunday 1988 ATCC 2011 - 1st place
TCL Sunday 2013 WTCC - 1st place in Class 2
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBob on 7/25/2011, 10:22 pm

Totally agree with racer on the quality of the driving and racing in this event very very close and so many battles... sensational!

Qualified 5th which i was happy for and had concerns about getting off the line and thru T1 unscathed. As expected a usual crappy launch and cautious approach into T1 saw me in 9th pos. Slowly fought my way forward having some good scraps with racer, bersley, mozza, wobbly, shano, and even dan who is usually further forward but clearly having problems in that race. It was one fight after another from beginning to end and i was very pleased to finish in 5th pos.

Race 2 was a 3rd pos grid spot.. which i wasnt all that excited about as i only go backwards off the line anyway but took the same cautious approach as i did in race one and saw me in the same spot... 9th!
Racing continued where it left off in race 1 as i fought with dave gibson, mozza, shano, and wobbly.
The battle with shano and mozza went on lap after lap of hard racing until i pitted on L21. Stuffed up with a 41 sec stop and could only listen to the field go by and watch mozza and dave come in behind and beat me out!. Rejoined the race in 13th, put my head down and tried to close the gap. It wasnt long before the fight was on again with dave until he made an error at T1. Finally on my own and able to get a rythym going now i moved up to 7th pos as others pitted. Managed to close in on mozza, shano, and racer as they were dicing and tripping each other up and with 6 laps remaining i could sniff a few more spots yet. We all hit the straight together with me going right, shano going left and both of us blasting by mozza and racer in the middle... looks great on the replay!!. The last 4/5 laps was an intense battle with shano swapping positions a few times until he made a mistake on the last corner of the last lap (bugger) leaving me with 4th pos, my best finish yet.

Thanks again Wally for keeping the wheels turning and providing us all with an event that produces some incredibly close racing.
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone on 7/25/2011, 11:25 pm

firstly again many thanks to the admin for another great event, all in all not a great night for me as i had a couple of incidents, and no matter the whys or wherefores I always feel bad when contact happens as i generally consider myself a fair racer, firstly sorry to mozz the the punt up the bum that was totally my fault as the brakes locked up badly into t1 and by the time i could regain control and try to take avoiding action it was too late to do anything......sorry bud Sad secondly the dan incident sry i wasnt trying to pass you why would i? i had the blue flag shown and honestly i was on my normal line behind you at normal pace into the chicane when u had a moment and got sideways b4 i could lift off your rear quarter was sideways in my wing......if you hadnt been sideways the contact wouldnt have happened or even if it did it would have just been a bump and on your way....anyway as i said b4 i dont intentionally take anyone out and I do feel bad for the contact as im sure we all do when it happens, id like to think my standard of driving up to this point speaks for itself and that you thought a little more of me to be honest Dan, Crying or Very sad

Anyway the races were hard work.... car kept killing tyres and i accidently put softs on for race 1 and held 3rd for as long as i could until they died and dropped to 5th with a few laps left, race 2 hard tyres but car killed them again although had some great battles up until i disconnected, one in particular which sticks in my mind was an awesome battle with mozz early on then wally where we were side by side door handle to door handle for a number of laps, which was an awesome display of driving on walls part Smile

Anyway all in all an event id like to forget, grats to the podium and see u at the next one

wobb
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 on 7/26/2011, 5:50 am

Wobbly, you drive excellantly and I am sure mozza wasn't too worried and dan has cooled down.

We aren't professional drivers and if we were we would be running around in the V8 circus getting ready for qld raceway. So occasionally we are all going to make mistakes.
Don't take it all so seriously, The reason we aren't going the bigger server is to keep it all friendly with a top class bunch of guys.
I can personally vouch for each and every one of you as people who wouldn't intently take someone out. Benny and I had one of those in the past and he wasn't allowed back, total site ban and server ban.

Wobbly our side by side antics is why I play rfactor, not to win but for the great battles no matter who comes out in front, if I am on song on a night I will make it as tough and fair as I can do.
I am still laughing over when we passes shazam. I think Dave Gibson will have nightmares about my little merc for weeks to come. lol

Guys and Gal, Not only have Ben and all of the people who have helped in the past, tried to make things as smooth as possible, we also when new drivers come along have looked at their style.
We have a great bunch of drivers. Some leagues are so competitive it's not fun any more. TTR is doing pretty good in that respect.
Let's try to make sure we all stay friends and to the quicker guys, help out those slower with tips on setups and driving styles. The more slower guys we get up to your speed, the more enjoyment you faster guys will get with people to race.

Slower guys watch replays or live of webber and dan, groupc etc, watch their lines.

Summing up, Let's keep this the friendly league. there is a process to log incidents if desired. Make sure you cool down and watch replays unbiasly before you make a complaint and let's keep it off the forum.

W26

Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/26/2011, 7:36 am

Wally26 wrote:Wobbly, you drive excellantly and I am sure mozza wasn't too worried

Bloody oath. We've been so close so far Wobbs, it was only a matter of time before we ran into each other. And to tell you the truth, when it happened, I laughed cos I was glad that you slipped up and not me! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 on 7/26/2011, 3:34 pm

Agree with Wally's sentiments,

My personal view is I never really complain if someone spins me out, & honestly i'm not bothered if there is a re-dress or not, because at the end of the day i really don't believe anyone racing here takes anyone out on purpose, and mistakes and touches happen, its just motor racing Smile

TCL Sunday Bathurst 1hr Enduro - 2011 - 1st place cheers
TCL Sunday 1988 Bathurst Enduro 2011 - 2nd place

TCL Tuesday Series 2011 - 1st place
TCL Sunday 1988 ATCC 2011 - 1st place
TCL Sunday 2013 WTCC - 1st place in Class 2
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elgibo on 7/26/2011, 4:14 pm

Wally26 wrote:I think Dave Gibson will have nightmares about my little merc for weeks to come. lol

lol!

Quite so.......[shivers]

elgibo

Back to top Go down

Post by menthol369 on 7/26/2011, 6:07 pm

its alright wobbly my rears were pretty ****** by then. i was just that close to webber after having a crappy first race i wanted to redeem my shonky driving. my bad for getting a tad fired up.

menthol369

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone on 7/26/2011, 10:39 pm

Very Happy hey all good Dan, i love racing here with you guys ita a great club and the last thing i want is to upset anyone or ruin a race (other than mozz) Wink

wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top