Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Round 2 Bathurst Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Round 2 Bathurst Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Round 2 Bathurst Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Round 2 Bathurst Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Round 2 Bathurst Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Round 2 Bathurst Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Round 2 Bathurst Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Round 2 Bathurst Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Round 2 Bathurst Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Round 2 Bathurst Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Round 2 Bathurst

+9
Floydie
shano
moo
TTR Benny
dano
wobblyone
KKR kwik-kiwi
Webber
shaynskyline
13 posters

Go down

Post Round 2 Bathurst Empty Post Round 2 Bathurst

Post by shaynskyline 10/18/2011, 9:58 pm

Okay, i have to get this out now. Stoopid rF didnt save my replays again, so i gotta remember.

Qualy

Lots of traffic issues during qualy, guess it serves me right for going out first. lol. Only really got one lap in that was any good and went fast enough to grab 9th spot on the grid.
Out of 21 cars, thats not terrible. Cant remember who got pole.

Race 1

Got away to a great start and was going along nicely, then somewhere near the start Billy spun out in the 2nd corner and i rammed into him. Which chucked me back to 9th spot or so. I think. I then came off into that stupid chase corner and lost a heap pf places.
From then on i drove like hell in 10th spot? for about 4 laps, and caught right back up to Dano in 9th. I was so happy to have caught back up after being stuck in the sand.
Then into skyline i came across some traffic, GRRRRRRRRRR Basilone or something, i guess he didnt see the blue flag and push me over and i ran into the concrete tyres.
Caught up to Dano again on the last lap at the start of Conrod, i got too close and panicked, adjusted and then spun it around. So angry. lol. Came in in 10th i think?

Race 2

Race two is a blur, so ill jump to the part where i am chasing Kris? I was in 4th spot for most of the race, with Floydie behind me the whole time. He'd get closer on the straights, but i would pull a small gap out on him at the top of the hill. Everything was going great until one trip into the chase. I got through ok, but because i was so happy to get through everytime around i would kinda breathe out on the exit and relax, i relaxed a little too much and hit the grass and ran off into the sand. Some bad words were yelled, and my gf ran into the room, wondering what had happened. When she saw i was racing, she rolled her eyes. And left.

I managed to get out and get back onto the track and pushed the car around with a flashing red front wing, and got to the line in 12th spot.

Disappointed.

Race 3

Another blurry area here, the fact that my race position kept changing on the screen doesnt help. It was saying i was 3rd, but there were 8 cars infront of me. And many other combinations, not sure what thats all about. All i knew was that i had passed a heap of cars, at the top of the hill, seemed to be a big accident there.
So i figured, i must be about 5 or something, which i was reallly happy with having started 12th on the grid. Hey, ill take places how ever i can get them.
I ended up catching up to? Wobbly, or he crashed or something im not sure. But i was chasing him for what seemed like forever, then into the home straight he ran a little wide and i pounced. So happy to be there behind him to take the spot. Proves, just hang in there, never know what can happen.

Then something else weird happened, Wobbly started to fall back, and Berlsy's name started to flicker up on the screen as id catch him at the top of the hill. Position was reading 4th at the time, so i was happy to see the 0:00.000 remaining message.
Crossed the line and escaped to the monitor and it said i was SECOND!! HAHAHA, awesome. I knew i had gone ok, but i didnt think i would be that far ahead of anyone in 2nd spot.
I know its only one race, and one podium, and crashed passes, but after the first two failed races, this is my best result ever. I dont see many podiums.

I have missed alot of stuff, but seriously, its all a blur.
I think i may have cut off a guy or two, but i dont think it was anything too bad on my part, im usually carefull. Sorry nonetheless.

Well done to Wobbly, Berlsy and who ever won the other race. Everybody drove really well.

Floydie and Kris? You guys are srs fast, 2nd race run was epic.

YAY!

Last edited by shaynskyline on 10/18/2011, 11:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Round 2 Bathurst Empty Re: Post Round 2 Bathurst

Post by Webber 10/18/2011, 10:15 pm

Love these cars, love this track.

Outqualied by hundredths by WobblyOne.

R1 kept a gap of 1 sec to Wobbs and then I flipped it on the last lap - 3rd.

R2 made a good start and beat out GroupCAction - 1st.

R3 was shambolic: punted GCA and Billy Bob. DQ'd myself as punishment.

Wd Shayn on your second and Berlsy on the win in R3

Last edited by Webber on 10/19/2011, 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 10/18/2011, 10:35 pm

After days of chopping and changing between cars trying to find something I was comfortable with, I ended up with the safe option of the Lancia.
While it lacked speed, you could throw it around over the mountain and gain some time back.

Had a great race 1 and 2. finished in the top 10...

Race 3 starts and re-starts were a mess Shocked .... and then came over skyline on the first lap and ran straight into Shano (who was recovering from an incident)
Damaged my car. but had fun watching the rest of the race.......... Very Happy
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 10/19/2011, 1:46 am

had great fun again tonite, top series and full server Smile the M1 is a pig but a fast pig so knew it would go well here. grabbed pole from the ever fast mr Webb by a tenth or so after like most of us struggling to get a lap in between the debris etc Smile Didnt expect to get it after floydie had put in a stonking lap in practice.

race 1 got crap start...as i always do in these things, not sure why but never get off the line either bog down or wheelspin. webb and kris got flyers, felt embarrased as i passed kris and racer etc down the first straight and changed up Embarassed .....poor capri's. Then had a full on fight with webb for the 15 mins stuck to his tail pulling a bit losing a bit in places never more than a second or so apart, alot of the time only a few tenths, was really concentrating to stay with him and on the last lap had settled for 2nd when poor old webb put it in the wall handing me the win.

race 2 more of the same webb groupC and i all doing similar laptimes i had 2nd to webb but made a small mistake opening a 2 sec gap and allowing C to catch and pass me, the pace is so close that a couple of running wide or sideways events pretty much finishes ur race, decided to settle for 3rd although starting to pull C and webb in a bit and pushed to hard spinning it at the hairpin b4 finish line with a lap to go, berlsey and someone else not sure passed me and i fought to get past again on last dash down conrod, past bersely who responded by stuffing it straight back past me in style after i outbraked myself lol....finish p5 i think?

race 3 made a few setup changes and wished i hadnt, avoided a lot of carnage and led for a while, car was a bit skittish and was making a few mistakes but still running a good pace, couldnt stay with bersley who has somehow made his car as fast as an M1 down the straight..... Shocked Next thing after me binning it shakey came past and i chased after him, or tried to, put a good pass on him and expected to pull a gap as normal but was impressed and shocked that he was all over me like a rash, he pulled back past me and was very Very impressive in the porsche, i tried to stay with him and wait 4 one of his usual mistakes but it didnt happen, in fact i binned it trying to maintain his pace. finished p3. top drive there shakey i knew u could do it, just shows what ur capable of on a good day mate, ud been in good form all nite and shows that all ur practice is well worth the effort, the difference between 1st and 15th in this club is often decided by no more than good setup track knowledge and smooth and consistant driving......ur well on your way to getting to grips mate, long gone is the PS3 controller guy who spent more time on the green stuff than the black stuff i met 6 months or so ago, whether u finished 2nd or 22nd u can be proud of that drive mate Smile

anyway thats a shayne style waffle post by me Smile i must shut up now

well done to everyone and this series is shaping up to be anyones

ps webb just remember NOT it give group C a setup again...... lol!
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 10/19/2011, 6:29 am

Shakey is a very good name i think, its funny because its true.

Its exactly what happens, ill be going ok, then it really does get Shakey.

Was a great battle Wobbs. Though i knew something had to be up, you dont usually make them kind of mistakes.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/19/2011, 7:24 am

Good work shakey lol. Good to see it starting to come together for ya man.

21 DRMs on the server would be awesome, and shows the quality of the TTR crowd that you fellas can run those kinda numbers without any issues. Good stuff.

Wobbly, sounds like this racing thing is beyond ya now bro lol. The younger crowd is coming in and taking over - grab that fishing rod and head out to pasture you old bastard rofl... Ahh I love stirring you!!

Seriously though, it seems there is some great racing/series at TTR these days, so hats off to all those involved - I'll come back soon to enjoy it myself with any luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 10/19/2011, 7:49 am

You guys don't muck around.

Sorry guys I haven't done the points yet, I wont be able to do them till tonight.

Despite the restart shenanigans I thought we had a pretty awesome night's racing.
I totally enjoyed myself.

Qualy

I didn't because I hate being anywhere in the middle of the pack going over the mountain in any class.

Race1

I was very happy to work my way from 17th or 18th or something like that to 7th.
Mainly through other's misfortune but hey that's part of the battle at mt panorama, keeping it in one piece over the mountain.

Race2

I lost a few spots to the quicker dudes behind me and then made up an equal number of spots to come 7th again( i think ).

Race3

I had another good run, but as for where I was in the field I had no idea most of the way because the radar was all over the show.
I think I ended up 8th.

I'm reasonably happy with my run considering the quality of the field.

I wonder if we should consider using rolling starts on tracks where standing starts are a problem. It needs to be considered carefully though because rolling starts can cause even more problems depending on the track.

We also talked about the possibility of a 40 minutes race. eg having say a 10 minute sprint and then a 40 minute feature instead of the 3 x 15minute format.
The 40 minute race idea evens things out a bit for the cars with less Horse Power.
Any comments are welcome.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 10/19/2011, 11:26 am

Great Night again
Decided to run the Lancia and go for something easy to drive and know I could finish even though the pace was slower.
Qual
Was wrapped with 2m05 out of it this put me in the top 2 second sector splits over the top of the mountain where the car was extremely strong but struggled down those long straights.

Race one
Bogged it badly off the line after getting a good start position. Tucked in behind peter308 over the top of the mountain and the little lancia was all over him. Made a move into skyline both leaving each other enough room but it resulted in both of us coming over a little quick and the peter collecting the wall and me collecting peter308 as he bounced off. From here was miles behind and gained places throughout the race with kiwi chasing hard in the last few laps which resulted me over driving the car a destroying the car coming up past the tree finished in the top ten I think.

Race two
Got a great start but got collected into turn one by kiwi (all good) over drove the car trying to make ground and I think came home in 10 again.

Race Three
Got a couple of good starts but continually got nailed in to turn one and got admit wasn't wrapped with it, as the lancia would have out braked most cars so people braking later than me into turn one coming from behind was pretty silly specially after the third restart. Haven't looked at the replay I assume some of the people that jumped on for the night at the rear were causing the carnage hence the server will be pass worded next week. Race Three was chasing down kiwi but as I started to get close spun at the chase and lost to much ground to make up by the end.

Had a great night think I'll Be back in the lancia next week as it handles really well regardless of it's short comings in a straight line it makes the night more enjoyable for me anyway.

Congratulation to all winners and Shayn on your Second
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 10/19/2011, 12:57 pm

This just about sums up the multiple re-starts for race 3...........
And yes, I do have too much time on my hands (on holiday) Very Happy

KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 10/19/2011, 1:12 pm

LOL!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 10/19/2011, 1:13 pm

TTR kwik-kiwi wrote:This just about sums up the multiple re-starts for race 3...........
And yes, I do have too much time on my hands (on holiday) Very Happy

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 10/19/2011, 1:19 pm

lol thats a cracker....

i think there no need for me to do a report as i didnt make a lap in any race lol.... amazing effort from shano lol...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 10/19/2011, 1:22 pm

moo wrote: Very Happy [/size]

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

YOU ARE GETTING SLEEPY

I have heard of people Try to put off opposition but hypnotherapy is a all new level moo

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 10/19/2011, 1:41 pm

lolz

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by Floydie 10/19/2011, 3:29 pm

Hey Fellas

Great racing last night,
I found some extra speed in the vw but in qual made a
few mistakes then some trafiic just couldnt get it done.

Come the racing with some extra fuel on board she wasnt
so clever but good enough to stay on the road. Had some
epic battles in there, and was happy to finish race 1 top 5

Race 2 After the first few laps unfolded
found myself behind shayn, i settled in to keep a little
pressure on and wait for a mistake, it didnt come the gap
eventually widend i ended up watching my mirrors with a hard
charging capri of berlsi i think attracting all my attention.
Held off the hard charger to sneak accross the line 3rd.

Race 3 Had plenty of practice now getting these off the line
and made a decent start stayed in sight of the leaders until they
tripped over each other and stole the lead for a lap maybey untill
my coins ran out or somthing anyhow thats how it goes.
no racing for me next week im on night shift.

Floydie
Floydie

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 10/19/2011, 4:23 pm

awesome kiwi Smile
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 10/19/2011, 4:25 pm

hey dano re format, im not sure the feature race will change the results at all really, im happy to continue the 15min format personally as i enjoy the sprint races, but will go with the flow either way as its a top series mate Smile

cheers wobb
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 10/19/2011, 5:08 pm

I'm happy with the current format as well.... The only real issue is the difference in car speed and grip launching off the line. I was more than happy running around mid pack in the Lancia...
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 10/19/2011, 5:09 pm

Firstly congrats to Shayn, really happy for your 2nd place in Race 3 mate, your dedication & effort to your driving is admirable and the results are coming, I couldn't get you off my tail in the second race and it was me who cracked under your pressure. Don't feel too bad about the off you had later in that race, everyone had a few offs, and you made up for it in race 3.

Giampiero Moretti would be pround of your effort in his Porsche last night Smile

As for me;

For whatever reason i just couldn't get in the groove last night, a pity as i love Bathurst and although a cliche, it really is my favourite circuit, but for whatever reason i just wasn't there last night.

Qualified down in 11th, but i managed a great start and was 6th by turn 1. Battled with Floydie for abit but at the start of lap 3 i nudged him at turn 1 and we lost alot of ground, i wound up 7th

Race 2, i started 7th but got another ripper start and was 4th on lap 1, and held that for most of the race chasing Wobbly, and fending off Shayn. I mis-timed my blip of the throttle when changing down to 2nd in the esses though, which locked the rears and i spun off... i damaged the car, so limped home in tenth.

Race 3, i started 10th but once again got a cracker start and was 6th. I spent the whole race battling with Kris, who drove superbly... we both got in front then made an error that let the other through, but was good fun Smile

As for the race formats, i love the longer races. We all still seem to be finding our feet at the moment though with the cars, so maybe three shorter races (and three starts) for the moment is better?
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stig333 10/19/2011, 5:20 pm

Good day... As I said ... On Sunday I was doing service at the rally... car- Renault Clio RS3. I greatly severed tendon. Yesterday's race for me was very painful, but glad I went. Waiting for surgery tendons. Enjoy the races. For me this season is discontinued. I'm sorry. Good luck friends, Goodbye. cheers

Stig333

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 10/19/2011, 5:38 pm

that was the most fun i've had playing rfactor for along time. had some epic battles but was all good clean racing

qiualified 5th i think, was pretty happy with that, knew i was going to be struggling down the straights

r1 - got a shocker of a start, with these cars it's either a tonne of wheelspin or it just boggs down. was running 9th but after a few people had spins was up in 4th. held off the fast finishing billy to get 4th

r2 - what a race, had an absolute ball in this one. spent the hole race chasing floydie and shayne. managed to get onto floydie's bumper with about 5 minutes to go but couldn't find a way past. unfortunately shayn ran off in the chase on the second last lap which put me into 5th. wobbly had a spin coming onto mountain straight and i snuck past just. i knew wobbly had the speed over me so tried to my best to get past floydie. got along side a few times coming up the mountain but just couldn't find a way past. wobbly just drove past me coming down conrod but luckily for me he ran wide at the chase and i snuck up the inside to come home 4th again. awesome driving shayne and floydie, was really struggling to keep pace with you guys and the little battle with wobbly was a cracker Very Happy

r3 - got a shocker of a start, can't really remember what happened but was chasing wobbly in 2nd for a few laps till he had a spin coming out of the dipper. just managed to squeeze past to take the lead. from there on i just drove my ass off trying to stay in the lead cause had no idea how far i was ahead with the timing all up the shit. stoked to get the win and congrats to shayne for coming home second. cheers

i can't get over how good this mod is, having a blast thrashing these cars around, not to sure about 40 minute races cause i'm stuffed after 15 minutes trying to keep these beasts on the road

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 10/19/2011, 7:14 pm

Results are up!

Cool I've read the comments made about the race format.
I agree the 15 minute races are good. I was always keen to keep Norisring at the 3 x 15 format as it's a shortish track and traffic would be hectic later in the race.
But yeah maybe it's a good idea to stick with the format.
I'm hoping that someone will want to run another series with this mod after whatever other mods that are on the table for tuesday nights and maybe they can try 40 minute races. But that's completely up to them of course.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 10/19/2011, 8:55 pm

wicked vidio brudda kiwi

and stupendis nights raceing guys
battles i had are already mentioned above
apart for race one 1st lap in the top 3 to 5 cars i was under taken into the chase but i held onto my line but spun and hit the wall at 300k, no f bumper, headed up mountain streight over the rise and the car wheel standed at 45deg lift then found i couldnt turn so i exited out Crying or Very sad

hard case having differnt gear ratios as the same cars will pull away until they shift gears but you pass them as your ration is differnt and havnt needed to change, then they pass your again as you change gear, good fun with good drivers

thanks for the night dano, benny
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down