Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Rd.3 Norisring. Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd.3 Norisring. Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd.3 Norisring. Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Rd.3 Norisring. Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Rd.3 Norisring. Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Rd.3 Norisring. Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Rd.3 Norisring. Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd.3 Norisring. Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Rd.3 Norisring. Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Rd.3 Norisring. Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Rd.3 Norisring.

+4
Webber
TTR kris
dano
shaynskyline
8 posters

Go down

Post Rd.3 Norisring. Empty Post Rd.3 Norisring.

Post by shaynskyline 10/25/2011, 9:54 pm

How'd your races go guys?

Mine went very well.

Qualy.

Managed to get the Porsche up to 5th spot on the grid with a 49.5. A little off my best of 48.8 Top 3 were way too fast. WD Guys.

Race 1

No replay for this race. All i can remember is that i managed to get a super start off the line and got into 2nd spot before the 2nd lap i think. Webber was behind me for ages, he was pushing very hard, but any time he got close in the fast bits, a corner would appear and i could keep him behind me.
He ended up making a mistake and fell back which was disappointing, bl mate. From then on i basically chased GrpC, to no avail, he was miles ahead.
Sooo stoked to grab 2nd. After practice i wasnt sure how the real race would go, but i managed to keep it together. Awwwwwwwwwsomes.

Race 2

Got a good start and slotted in behind GrpC. On the last turn of lap 1 i over cooked it and spun around, ended up dead last.
On lap four Shano and Benny came together in the hairpin and i managed to get back up to 7th spot.
From then i was chasing Dano and Benny in the Capris?, we had a great battle for about 4 laps until Dano came a little unstuck in the chicane and i got by him heading onto the straight.
By lap 12 i was sitting in 5th spot and gaining on Kris, when it was my turn to stuff up the chicane. I got a little to close to the wall and turned the car around letting 4 guys back through. Sorry Shano. Lol.
By the second last lap i had managed to get back behind Dano. And was pushing hard to grab back a spot or two. Down the pit straight i was a in a good position to outbreak him into the hairpin so i got real close and came out ready to pounce . . . WHOAAAAAAAAAA!!! Racer had crossed the line and thought the race had finished so he slowed right down to the right of the track and i slammed right into him and went flying down the road.
Kinda finished the race in 8th spot. After Benny lined me up and finished me off. Lol.

Here's a crap video of the Crash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-yvAqBJLss

Race 3

Starting in 8th spot due to the previous carnage, i got a good start but into the hairpin i got bogged down in 2nd gear and fell back to 10th. Then Benny got all sideways in the back hairpin and rammed me into the fence lol. I got by Shano two laps later in the hairpin, this put me in 7th spot and chasing Kiwi and Dano. Kiwi must have grabbed the wrong gear and i took third spot into the straight. Coming into the Hairpin on the next lap Racer had turned his orange beast around which handed me 2nd spot. I couldnt believe my luck.
From then i spent the next 10 laps watching GrpC get further and further ahead lol. Another thrashing by him in the M1. Great Drive M8. I took my second 2nd spot of the night.

So happy to finally be doing a little better in any kind of car. After the winning the practice races last night and coming second to GrpC tonight, its just great.
I know the Porsche has a power advantage, so i dont take all the credit, but im happy to have pushed it around so quickly, even pulling out a huge gap on the pack a couple times. Kinda weird to finish so far ahead of all these super drivers here at TTR.

Had some great battles with Webber, Dano, Benny and Kris. You guys are tough, and make it very hard to get ahead. The three wide into the straight in Race 2 was awesome.

Thanks for the great night. Lets hear some stories.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Rd.3 Norisring. Empty Re: Post Rd.3 Norisring.

Post by dano 10/25/2011, 11:37 pm

Points are up!
woo hoo i'm 3rd

Great driving Shayn. I had no intention of letting you out brake me into the hairpin though. Razz

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 10/26/2011, 10:34 am

had some good battles
made some dumb mistakes
but A good nights racing
chur dano
and all you other fallas
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 10/26/2011, 11:33 am

I had a pretty crap night all told. Did a Racer and turned up to the server 30 mins prerace without practice, but unfortunately I don't have his skills to be able to do that! As a result, I had a spin in race 1 trying to chase Shaynskyline(!!), (race 2 I left early to eat dinner, was starving), and race 3 I had a pretty good race actually, aside from missing the start by half a lap!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 10/26/2011, 3:37 pm

Wasnt so sure how these beasts were going to go around here, but they were quite fun sqirting them under acceleration!!

Quali: Found a good setup with the M1, man this car has some poke out the corners, was abit of a shame Christopher Snow disappeared cause he was super quick in practice in the 935.

Race 1/2/3: Don't think i've felt so comfortable in a Sim Racing game before, car was a jet, super good on its tyres. I took 3 victories from 3 starts which put i big smile on my face!!

Special mention to Shayn, i think you've turned that corner mate, keep at it champ... I'm telling ya a victory won't be far away!!!

Looking forward to Hockenheim... Thanks to all who turned up & Dano for a top fun night!!
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 10/26/2011, 4:09 pm

Had a great night and was pretty happy with the set up I was using and the speed of the Capri.

Had some great battles through the 3 races and some accidents.... my narrow line into the hair pins caused the odd spot of bother... just as well Webber's dinner was ready cause I took him out! Sorry Embarassed

Great mod choice Dano and some awesome tracks......
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 10/26/2011, 5:18 pm

Another good nights racing, great to see another big field, and as mentioned thanks agai Dano for the effort you've put in

I just didn't have the pace here for some reason, couldn't cure the understeer and couldn't keep the car settled under brakes at all.... it meant i was braking much earlier than others for the hairpins and always locking the rears.

I all three races i made positions at the start , but couldn't keep the consistency up for the whole race.... final results of 5th, 7th and 5th weren't too bad considering

Sorry to Shayn for the end of race 2... i was in 3rd and for some silly reason thought the race was over...major brain fade.....

EDIT.. checking SLS, what is the reason for my Disqualification from race 3?
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 10/26/2011, 5:35 pm

it seemed to lock rears, but i think was lifting the rears off the ground under brakes
more brakes to rear helped
was very strange affraid scratch
racer69 wrote:Another good nights racing, great to see another big field, and as mentioned thanks agai Dano for the effort you've put in

I just didn't have the pace here for some reason, couldn't cure the understeer and couldn't keep the car settled under brakes at all.... it meant i was braking much earlier than others for the hairpins and always locking the rears.

I all three races i made positions at the start , but couldn't keep the consistency up for the whole race.... final results of 5th, 7th and 5th weren't too bad considering

Sorry to Shayn for the end of race 2... i was in 3rd and for some silly reason thought the race was over...major brain fade.....

EDIT.. checking SLS, what is the reason for my Disqualification from race 3?
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 10/26/2011, 6:41 pm

The brakes on these cars are amazing after driving the Skyline which pulls up better with a downshift.
Once the DRM tyres get warm, you can jump hard on the anchors and they pull up with ease. I love the squeeling sound they make when you really lean on em.

I ran the Porsche on faily stock settings last night and it drove great. All I did was alter the gearing and reduced the front toe. Felt great but I'm sure I coulda got more out of it.

Love these cars.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 10/26/2011, 8:40 pm

racer69 wrote:EDIT.. checking SLS, what is the reason for my Disqualification from race 3?

Hey racer I checked the replay, it's because after the race you drove into the no mans land at the chicane where plenty of others had been dq'd in practise.

I don't think it's right to be disqualified after the race so I edited the race log and reimported the results.
Cool

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 10/26/2011, 10:06 pm

dano wrote:
racer69 wrote:EDIT.. checking SLS, what is the reason for my Disqualification from race 3?

Hey racer I checked the replay, it's because after the race you drove into the no mans land at the chicane where plenty of others had been dq'd in practise.

I don't think it's right to be disqualified after the race so I edited the race log and reimported the results.
Cool

Cheers Dano, i'll remember that next time Smile

I saw the 'wrong way' message come up, but i thought after the race it didn't matter
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stig333 10/27/2011, 12:44 am

Are you having fun? That's good. :-)

Stig333

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 10/31/2011, 3:56 pm

Real DRM at the real Norisring

Note all the 320s

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down