» Porsche Championship
8/21/2017, 9:35 am by Growler

» 2017 WTCC JFF Championship Details
7/10/2017, 12:02 pm by Jarqus

» BTCC - rFactor 2
7/10/2017, 8:51 am by Growler

» Queensland Raceway v0.45
7/9/2017, 11:02 pm by Obbzy

» Gt300 at fuji - final round with livestream and commentary - Rf2asia server 830pm race start
7/9/2017, 7:44 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» Townsville 2012 v0.47
7/3/2017, 8:47 pm by Obbzy

Downloads
October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

POST Symmons Plains Chat

Go down

POST Symmons Plains Chat

Post by TTR=JD on 11/13/2010, 9:46 pm

Post away guys.
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Re: POST Symmons Plains Chat

Post by TTR=JD on 11/13/2010, 9:52 pm

Symmon's Plains round 4 results.

Overall points are on the championship post.
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD on 11/13/2010, 10:17 pm

Had another great fun night at TTR.

Got pole in qually.
Race 1 Got a nice start and had a 1.5sec buffer after the 1st lap but could see Benny wasn't going to let me get away, then a couple of laps later he had a moment and gave me some breathing space and then i was able to just concentrate on doing some consistent laps and finished with a nice lead to take the win from kiwi & M1N1K0B3.

Race 2 Had some weight as expected and probably wasn't enough but it is always hard to gauge on different tracks & i can tell you the car wasn't very easy to drive. You need to work out very quickly how to drive around the weight the best you can, for example i was braking about 2 meters earlier everywhere and had to adjust my brake bias on lap 1 & 2 to get the right balance & i had to be really tight on the apex of the corners to counter for the extra under-steer on exit. Got a good start again but M1N1K0B3 was sticking with me and only .500 of a second off me for about 6 laps and i pulled it out to about 1.6sec, wow he was really going to make me earn this one. Then he had a moment and again i had breathing space, thats when i noticed he had th e fastest lap of the race so far a 51.357 or about that so i couldn't let him keep that as we would never hear the end of it, lol Laughing Wink so i set out to beat his time and did and then just concentrated again on doing some consistent laps and took the win from Benny & kiwi and a great race from Dano who is always improving.

Great night all TTR=JD. Very Happy
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi on 11/13/2010, 11:03 pm

Would have not have thought it possible!! Razz

Racing here at TTR just keeps geting better......

Didn't qualify where i wanted.... Wink

Made a decision to change my set up at the last minute during warm up for the first race..... and now glad i did!

Had an epic battle with M1N1K0B3 in race 1 and held on for 2nd........ see told you to follow me around and you would be alright........

Anther battle in race 2 with Benny and then i selected neutral when exiting the hairpin while Benny was pitting........ No No No

cheers cheers Cheers guys.... cheers cheers
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 on 11/14/2010, 12:32 pm

Qualifying - Found a couple of tenths and stole 3rd place from kiwk-kiwi.

Race 1 - Made a good start and almost took 2nd from Benny before he launched himself into turn 1. Was under pressure from kiwi and he took 3rd place from me. Benny spun out at turn 1 and we all took his place. I was 3rd now again but i really should have been 2nd. Was chasing kiwi and staying in his slipstream.

I realised at this track that if you could stay in somebody's slipstream you would really keep with them. Then if you were just .00001 out of there slipstream you would drop back dramatically. I pitted the same lap as kiwi as he was way more cautious entering pitlane after the NZV8 race earlier in the year where about 4 of us got drive through penalties lol. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I then entered right behind him, pitted. I ended up in front of him but only problem was, kiwi revved his engine to get better acceleration when i didn't. confused I did right at the end which made us end up side by side. While exiting i wasn't going to give any room. But the problem was we were turning into each other after we pressed the speed limiter because we were that close. I let him through before i would hit the wall and there went my 2nd place again.

So now i had to fight for it again and after seeing his ass for about all 25 laps of the race i ended up finish seeing the same thing Razz Laughing

Race 2 - Good start and got passed kiwi and kept into JD's slipstream. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Set fastest laps and i was really consistent. Then i was about to try and do the rest of the race doing qualifying laps and then i knew i could easily jump JD after the pit stops. I just needed to pit the same lap as JD to do it.

Problem was coming out of turn 1, i lost traction and race was over.

Was some good racing and looking forward to more at Sandown! Very Happy

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny on 11/14/2010, 2:25 pm

Qual
Didn't match PB but got close and wouldn't have made difference to position so was happy

Race 1

Got a Reasonable start and thought that we had all got though turn one until I watched the replay and saw Myself and Mini got together (sorry about that mini I didn't know we had touched till this morning) Car was feeling good and once tyre temps up had started to close back on JD but on lap 3 or 4 spun going from second to 5th and 8 sec of 4th. Worked hard to get on to the back of dano whom let me though thanks mate and set out after Mini and kiwi, then I ran wide into turn two and lost position and dropped back another 5 sec of mini. Dano Pitted and then Mini and Kiwi I stayed out and pushed hard and by the time I stopped I was one 2 sec down from 3rd which was happy with since I was down 9 heading into the stops. Got past mini a spinning mini but then out braked myself the following corner and let him back though. Finished 4th

Race 2

Good start but followed around first lap and let everyone settle. Followed Kiwi around filling his mirrors from about lap 5 on till his stop Very Happy . I threw everything at ya mate great driving I only had one chance but was on the outside on the fast left hander on the back straight and I had to get out of it as was understeering. I tried race one move with stop and hang out and went for it but had destroyed tyres trying to get past kiwi so had to go earlier than I wanted. Luckly for me kiwi had a moment on cold tyres and I was able to settle and take it easy for third. In the last few laps I pulled a couple of quick times and couldn't close the gap to Dano shame it came together for you a little late mate.

Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD on 11/14/2010, 7:13 pm

Thanks to the person that did the poster. cheers

Ah Mini my friend what makes you so confident you could jump me in the pitstop? Them fighting word's, bring on the challenge and we will see who crack's Cool A fast lap or 2 is good but you must remember you need to look after the tyre's at the same time and consistency is another thing. lol! Maybe when you see this it will fire you up even more i hope, hehe. All good mate i was amazed at your speed last night it was brilliant and i look forward to more of it.

JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by dano on 11/15/2010, 10:29 am

I had a good night even if my results suggest otherwise.

Race1

I had a reasonable start I was happy to keep everyone in sight.
I let you through Benny because I figured I wouldn't be able to hold you back for long and it would be better for my own race to try and stay in your slipstream and get dragged towards the others.
At about lap 11 my tyres were losing grip from overheating, I had kiwi and mini in sight who I think were having similar troubles.
I thought I'd try pitting earlyish and try to close the gap on fresh tyres while the other two were on old slippery ones.
This actually worked, I was stoked as I was heading into turn 1 with kiwi and mini still in the pits, but in turn 1 I came unstuck and spun out. Cold tyres I guess but I'm sure rfactor throws random events at you in the race because that was my first spin ever in that corner.
So that put me right at the back, I raced as hard as I could in hope of a mistake from someone else but nobody obliged.
Thanks for letting me back on the lead lap JD.

Race2 coming soon.....

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 on 11/15/2010, 7:35 pm

I havn't shown my potential Razz I actually came to the night with no experience of the V8 Factor cars using a wheel. Only ever driven the FVR V8's with a wheel and that's it.

I've only driven F1 cars in rFactor. So with a bit more practice i hope to actually be faster than you JD Razz But that's a big judgment Razz maybe matching your pace? Razz

I could have gotten a good out lap and i realised that i gained about 2 - 5 seconds on everyone when i pitted...

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD on 11/15/2010, 8:11 pm

M1N1K0B3 wrote:I havn't shown my potential Razz I actually came to the night with no experience of the V8 Factor cars using a wheel. Only ever driven the FVR V8's with a wheel and that's it.

I've only driven F1 cars in rFactor. So with a bit more practice i hope to actually be faster than you JD Razz But that's a big judgment Razz maybe matching your pace? Razz

I could have gotten a good out lap and i realised that i gained about 2 - 5 seconds on everyone when i pitted...

Hey mate I am tickled pink that you are judging your performance against me as that makes me feel good about where i am at with my sim racing career. But i wouldn't judge yourself on me as i am nowhere near the best mate, actually i am a long way off the fast guys. I am sure with a bit of time and getting use to your wheel you will be faster than this old bloke. I wish you all the best mate but i am wondering how you would gain so much time during the pitstops, are you changing all 4 tyres? Maybe at Sandown this weekend you can take the fight to me again. I guess i am usually reasonably consistent and Symmon's was a track i was comfortable pushing at on cold tyres.

Bring on Sandown.
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 on 11/15/2010, 10:58 pm

Yea i'm changing all 4 tyres. I'm hardly touching the LCD, only for fuel and for damage, etc.

Well what i meant before is i only raced F1 in rFactor... with my wheel Razz Just wanted to clarify that.

Sandown = I want a win Razz

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD on 11/16/2010, 7:29 pm

M1N1K0B3 wrote:Yea i'm changing all 4 tyres. I'm hardly touching the LCD, only for fuel and for damage, etc.

Well what i meant before is i only raced F1 in rFactor... with my wheel Razz Just wanted to clarify that.

Sandown = I want a win Razz

Well this should be a great opportunity for you or another driver to grab the win with the reverse grid in race 2.
Good luck all for Sandown. JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down