Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Mallala Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Mallala Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Mallala Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Mallala Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Mallala Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Mallala Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Mallala Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Mallala Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Mallala Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Mallala Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Mallala

+7
groupcaction
Shazam
dano
BSD_Damo_79
Wally26
TTR kris
TTR Benny
11 posters

Go down

Post Mallala Empty Post Mallala

Post by TTR Benny 11/29/2011, 10:16 pm

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Mallala Empty Re: Post Mallala

Post by TTR kris 11/29/2011, 10:24 pm

couldnt get into these tonight, PC didnt like the mod or track,
frame rate was somtimes 28 but could get up to 140
cars looked like a kid had colloured them in with crayons
and i was falling asleep at the wheel on the streights, seemed to take forewver to get down them ,lol ,
ill try them next tuesday to see if the next track is any better with the fps
i did manage to find out you could get the rev counter to do a full lap back to 1000rpm from down shifting without lifting off the gas
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 11/30/2011, 5:58 am

Had an up and down race/races
Got home with not enough time to qualify so started 18th or thereabouts.
charged through the field to get 4th place.

Race2. started midfield, copped a hit went to last and worked my way through again to around 13th or 14th.

Race3, copped it again and decided to let it all hang out and go for it.(sorry Ben, i realized that pass i made on you was a bit heavy handed)
was 10th behind Benny with a handful of laps to go and made the comeback of the century to finish 3rd.

this mod creates close racing but frame rates seem to be poor. whether it was the track or mod I don't know, maybe the combination of the 2.
I reckon give it another go.. beetle racing mod is fantastic, maybe if everyone agrees hq's aren't working an idea may be to finish the series in the beetles...... This has just been my opinion and doesn't reflect any opinion (that I know of) from any other moderator or management of TTR.

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by BSD_Damo_79 11/30/2011, 8:55 am

Overall a good night with very close racing.

I have occasionally suffered from disconnect issues, but this was just crazy. Trying to practice on Monday I got disconnected about 8 times, Didn't look good for the race. Trawled through different forums and websites on Monday night to find a cure. A few places suggested slimming down the Rfactor folder, so I dumped 15GB of unused mods. I also made some suggested tweaks to my Rfactor settings, and kicked everyone else off our home network. These changes seemed to help, as I got a few more sessions in on Tuesday afternoon with the connection seeming more stable. Then come race time, things went south again. I got disconnected once in practice and again in qualifying. Not looking good. Quickly took advantage of the warm up to shut down and reset everything including the router. Ready to go, fingers crossed.

Race 1 - Didn't know where to look for the lights (should have practiced offline some more) so slightly missed the start. Dropped two places, but got one back on pit straight, avoided the melee in Turn 3 to pick up some more spots, then took off down the back straight in search of the hairpin. Then all the other cars disappear - Connection Lost. DAMN!

Sat listening to "Slow Ride", swearing, cursing, abusing TPG (don't really think its their fault) and watching my red HQ spin on the turntable.

Shut down and reset everything again, got back into Rfactor and sat on the join screen waiting for Race 1 to end. Got back in and waited for Race 2.

Race 2 - Reverse Grid. Could be promising. Wound up on the front row next to Group C Action who had also disconnected. Had a good start and slotted in behind GpC. Things were looking good when I got past T3 and was still connected to the server. At T5 however I got over ambitious on cold tires and looped it coming out of the turn. Quick recovery and rejoin in around 11th. This worked out extremely well as it put me in the vicinity of Racer69. We had a great scrap through the second half of the race. The parity of these cars lead to some really good battles. Finished the race 9th and was pretty happy. Looked good going into race 3.

Race 3 - Good start, and was motoring along nicely sticking with the pack. On Lap 2 or 3 I ran off the road in Turn 2 as a result of carrying to mach pace into the corner. Recovered and rejoined toward the rear of the field. On around lap 4 or 5 I got bumped coming into the T4 hairpin and got stuck in the sand trap of death - Mallala Quick Sand. These things are like being parked in glue! Went a lap and a half down trying to get out of the sand, but got out eventually and pressed on. Had some good consistent laps, then with about 2 to go, realized that someone had wiped out my braking marker for the T4 hairpin...too late..... nooooooooooo! This time however I managed to miss the worst of the sandtrap but still got caught in the corner. TTR Kris seen my plight and rammed me out of trouble. Cheers! Ran out of fuel on the last lap, think I burned it up trying to get out of the sandtrap the first time.

With not a lot of setup allowed in these cars, the real time gains come down to driving skill. A big thanks to Floydie for taking some time Tuesday afternoon to show me the 'quick' way around the track. Floydie, you'll be pleased to know I eventually cracked sub 1.30 time in Race 2 with 1.29.4

I think the disconnects were caused by a combination of this track and this mod. With lot of people reporting poor frame rates, lag and even diminished graphics, there is definitely an issue.

I'm keen to persevere with this mod, but would support a change if things don't improve over the next round of two.

Bring on next Tuesday!!

Damo

BSD_Damo_79
BSD_Damo_79

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/30/2011, 10:06 am

Couldn't match the pace of the quick guys but had a ball last night. I suffered from lag issues as well but mine was consistent around 35 - 40 FPS. Others Like kris had massive jumps high and low which would have have been worse than what I was dealling with.

The cpu usage on this mod for some reason for me is massive compared to other mods I find coming off the track it takes for ever before I can even adjust the car settings as it must be saving the replay (might try run next week replay turned off). For the next Race I will be installing a seperate install with HQ's only and the tracks for the series to see if it improves the lag. Kiwi had no lag issues and I know he runs each mod as a seperate install and being that my single rfactor install is pushing 50 gig it can only help. Be interested to here if people that had lag issues were running a rfactor version with multiple installs.

For those wanting to do this you can get rfactor lite from here http://www.rfactorcentral.com/games/rfactor/ and then reinstall the HQ series to this version of rfactor. You can also setup a remote Tracks folder so you don't have to keep installing tracks to each rfactor install see how to here https://transtasmanrivals.forumotion.com/t30-locations-folder?highlight=locations

At this stage hard to say if it was track or mod as I have never run this track to compare to don't know if anyone else has run in a big field here. Could also cap the night to 20 drivers only but run the series on the 26 slot server which might help as well
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 11/30/2011, 10:24 am

TTR Benny wrote:Couldn't match the pace of the quick guys but had a ball last night. I suffered from lag issues as well but mine was consistent around 35 - 40 FPS. Others Like kris had massive jumps high and low which would have have been worse than what I was dealling with.

The cpu usage on this mod for some reason for me is massive compared to other mods I find coming off the track it takes for ever before I can even adjust the car settings as it must be saving the replay (might try run next week replay turned off). For the next Race I will be installing a seperate install with HQ's only and the tracks for the series to see if it improves the lag. Kiwi had no lag issues and I know he runs each mod as a seperate install and being that my single rfactor install is pushing 50 gig it can only help. Be interested to here if people that had lag issues were running a rfactor version with multiple installs.

At this stage hard to say if it was track or mod as I have never run this track to compare to don't know if anyone else has run in a big field here. Could also cap the night to 20 drivers only but run the series on the 26 slot server which might help as well

I didn't have lag issues myself. I have noted though that loading the game, and coming back out of a session take a long time when I'm using this mod.

I was going to suggest ( And I can volunteer to do this myself) that we set up Oran park as well as the next one "Wakefield" on the server tonight or whenever.
Because we've all run Oran Park before without any issues that I'm aware of we can narrow it down to the mod or the track if the people that had lag problems jump on for a quick blat.
Only trouble is, that might not rule out numbers on the server causing the lag.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/30/2011, 10:53 am

I have change to wakefield and have oran park setup as next track on the server we roll over and check
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 11/30/2011, 11:06 am

Got on around 6.45pm to do some practice. I was the 18th or 19th person on there. What's going on? I can't see anything in front of me, there are shapes and things all over the screen. Benny did a reboot of the server and when I joined back up, I was the 7th person on there and everything was back to ok. Like Benny I found after prac/qual or a race it took ages to get back into settings or garage. I relised I had to wait till after it finished saying "saving hot lap" on the bottom of screen.

Race 1: Couldn't see the lights and got off really slow and the cars and track were warping in front of me. Sorry if I got in anyone's way but one second no-one is there and next second theres a car. Got past some drivers after they spun out, only to then spin out myself and have those drivers go past me. Finished the race at least.

Race 2: Reverse grid, started in 4th and got off ok. Was happy with my driving till T4 (I think it was) and don't know what happened, either my wheel stopped working or the computer was going to crash but everything was ok, then sh_t I was in the sand or rather quick drying cement. Could not move. Tried reverse, tried 1st, used the clutch. It's over. I jumped out. Should have stayed there and made a cuppa for David who went in also later in the race. Well done David for getting out.

Race 3: I did a reboot while race 2 was on, but only went to do prac with a couple of minutes left. What!!! Same thing happening as when I first joined. Asked Wally to take a look and he said there is someone else in your pit bay with you. He got me to do a lap and request a pit stop to see if that helped. It didn't. No time to reboot as race was starting. So for all of this race I had someone skins on my screen and the frame of their car flashing on the screen, right across the middle and cars were warping in and out. I should have just jumped off but I may be a bad driver and a really slow driver but I usually finish a race so that is what I tried to do. Again I got past some drivers after they spun off only to then spin myself and have them go past me. Start of last lap I think it was and I spun letting Damo go by only to then go past him as he ran out of fuel. Finished the race but boy was it hard with the problems on my screen.

When I rejoined after race 2, I was the 18th person on the server again. I was wondering, were there enough pit bays for us all and if not, maybe that is why more than one car was in a bay. Just a thought.

I do think I will enjoy driving these cars, but if I have the same problems as last night I won't be racing them. Shame as these cars make everyone a bit more even.

Did get a surprise to look in my mirrors and see flashing lights, oh it's just Benny coming up in the safety car.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 11/30/2011, 12:18 pm

Had a fun night when my internet wasnt dropping out... only just got on, seemed to Quali ok then it dropped out in the warmup & by the time i got back into the game i had missed Race 1 Evil or Very Mad

Race 2: Started from pole, got a great getaway and happened to break the tow in the 1st few corners to the rest of the field. Settled into a pace that i could handle lap after lap as i wasnt sure what these HQ tyres were gonna be like, but they held up nicely. Cruised in for a victory that made up for my internet issue in Race 1

Race 3: Started from pole again but didnt get the best getaway and from there i can't remember everyone i raced side by side with but Kakswell, Squeek, Steve Crosloand, Floydie, Hayden etc i think all must of had a turn at or close to the front...

Myself, Floydie & Squeek for a few laps got alittle break, i tried to get Floydie back under brakes but i misjudged the mirrors, i thought i maybe i had a car length to Squeek in 3rd but i didnt, i caught Squeek's front then turned myself into Floydie...

Really sorry Floydie... All my fault mate!! From there i fell back to i think 9th or 10th. I drove my heart out trying to get back, but with these the moment you are caught in a battle you lose so much time, so in the last few laps everyone was having a big go & some others came off. I got up to the 3rd on the last lap but ran outa time to catch the leaders. Not sure who it was but they looked like they outbroke themselves into the last few turns and i sneaked through for a 2nd!!

That last race was really good close fun... i myself didnt have any lag issues at all but i reckon we should do alittle test at Oran... i can make tonight too...
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBob 11/30/2011, 7:20 pm

Wally26 wrote:Race2. started midfield, copped a hit went to last and worked my way through again to around 13th or 14th.

W26

Very sorry for that Wally.. i wish i could blame lag or frame rate but it was all ambitious braking and poor judgement.

Had a good run at the end of race 1 with Wally firstly trying to hold him off and then trying to hunt him down that wasnt a bad race.

As for the mod... didnt like it much in first practice, bit of a yawn. Kakswell was right in saying its as hard racing as any other mod just very slow.

Hopefully better next tuesday.

Regarding lag issues for some racers... if it helps to change mods to fix it then so be it.
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 11/30/2011, 10:16 pm

I personally didn't have any issues on my end, hopefully any drama's can be fixed up Smile

I'd give a run down on each of the three races, but there was so much happening in all the races its all moulded into one!

Some fantastic dices in there, i particularly had some great battles with Kakswell, Damo and squeekmo. Had ups and downs in all three, but even if you had an off, some accurate driving had you back up with someone to race with in no time

Can't wait for next week Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by squeeekmo 12/1/2011, 11:41 am

Had many battles with everyone...Kakswell, GroupC, Floydie, Steve C, Racer69 and lots more.

Quallified 11th with a 1:30.5

But for round 1 used Kakswells setup which took another 1.2 seconds/lap off that. except i ran out fuel on the last lap Sad (DAMN YOU KAKSWELL).

Next race i started in 3rd for reverse grid. topped up the fuel, had a great race and ended up 3rd.

Started 3rd for the last race and ended up leading for a couple of laps early on before been hunted down by the faster guys, battled it out with them for many many laps with some great racing before someone (racer69) i think gave me a nudge under brakes and i had a little roundy round. Not your fault Racer69 as i think we were 3 wide and 2 deep going into that corner.
Fell back to 7th. until the last lap where some guys in front of me might have ran out of fuel or got stuck in the sand (floydie and Steve c) i think. Ended up finishing in 5th.

Racing was tense even though i could probably push my car faster then than these HQs will go.
squeeekmo
squeeekmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakswell 12/1/2011, 5:02 pm

squeeekmo wrote:Had many battles with everyone...Kakswell, GroupC, Floydie, Steve C, Racer69 and lots more.

Quallified 11th with a 1:30.5

But for round 1 used Kakswells setup which took another 1.2 seconds/lap off that. except i ran out fuel on the last lap Sad (DAMN YOU KAKSWELL).

Next race i started in 3rd for reverse grid. topped up the fuel, had a great race and ended up 3rd.

Started 3rd for the last race and ended up leading for a couple of laps early on before been hunted down by the faster guys, battled it out with them for many many laps with some great racing before someone (racer69) i think gave me a nudge under brakes and i had a little roundy round. Not your fault Racer69 as i think we were 3 wide and 2 deep going into that corner.
Fell back to 7th. until the last lap where some guys in front of me might have ran out of fuel or got stuck in the sand (floydie and Steve c) i think. Ended up finishing in 5th.

Racing was tense even though i could probably push my car faster then than these HQs will go.

hehe sorry bout the fuel! it was just my practice fuel load glad to c you drop 1.2 of ur laptimes using it thow!

Kakswell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down