Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

NZ Supertourers v NZV8

4 posters

Go down

NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Empty NZ Supertourers v NZV8

Post by TTR Benny 12/6/2011, 9:34 am

Have been working on a idea a for a little while (have seen a similar thing run at another league) and wanted to float it with you guys with if we could get it work for Unleashed V8's v NZV8's (this idea would work better with a mod Like TCL where more cars are available at different levels but this is for Saturdays and we don't have a big range to choose from)

I was originally looking at mainly NZ tracks and the idea was The New Super tourers (mod not available) v NZv8's but for this to work I think we need to avoid tracks with big long straights Winton short track for example would be the kind of track I could see working.

The second part of the Idea would give people that are normally around the 2 -3 seconds slower the chance to run up the front. So people like Webber Wobbly Kris would struggle to earn enough to run the Aus v8 for the majority of the season but they can save there credits to be able to purchase the v8's for a track that they know they are good at or at the odd time during the championship. People like these guys listed are normally not that much quicker than some of us but there consistency is great , so in the slow car I believe they will still come to the front but will have to work extremely hard to do so .

So first race would need to be an admin decision on cars available to each member or money available to purchase a car we would believe be suitable for them to run (yes Kris as last two V8 series winner you can be assured yours would be NZV8. The higher finishing position the less money you earn towards the purchase for the next race. So example a member in a v8 supercar first round and take the win would have no option but to purchase the NZ v8 for following round giving someone else a chance to come to the front the other member now in the NZV8 would have to push to a new level to try run against the Aus V8. I think there should be bonus points championship wise for someone in the NZ V8 for winning that class on the night. The Unleashed Cars I believe would need to be a weight penalty of more than likely of 250kg applied and control tyres only available.

This is something we would run though Jan and Feb before the V8 supercar season kicks off again.

So I would like to know what you guys think is this just a stupid idea if so tell me. If you think it is not bad and like to look further suggest some tracks you believe would be suitable for this to work. (as I said short tracks for me but hard to say until tested) If this is something that you guys are interested in I would appreciate some help with multiple level drivers to see if this is in fact possible to make these cars level with different standards of drivers we have here
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

NZ Supertourers  v NZV8  Empty Re: NZ Supertourers v NZV8

Post by TTR Benny 12/6/2011, 11:32 am

I have Set a server up with Winton and both mods

For it to work I have had to remove the TrackconfigV8SC11.ini file which you can do easyly by using the tyre patch http://ttrracing.com/admin/Patches/TTRSprintsenabledpatch.zip
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milo 12/6/2011, 12:14 pm

Great idea Benny.

theres loads of short tracks in Aussie an NZ to choose from.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 12/6/2011, 2:58 pm

bounce cheers

Looking forward to this!...we need as many guys of varying levels to test and give input....!!
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 12/6/2011, 7:35 pm

cool idea, looks like youve put a bit of thought into it. im keen on helping test,
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down