Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Announcements Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Announcements Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Announcements Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Announcements Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Announcements Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Announcements Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Announcements Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Announcements Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Announcements Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Announcements Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Announcements

+11
David Paterson
racer69
Floydie
Shazam
groupcaction
KKR kwik-kiwi
TTR kris
shano
TTR Benny
shaynskyline
Wally26
15 posters

Go down

Announcements Empty Re: Announcements

Post by Wally26 1/2/2012, 12:40 pm

examples only!

adelaide race 2.

lap 1 - Shano failed to readress after turning Billy bob around :- Minus 2 points race.
Lap 1 - Billy bob, unsafe re-entry after spin affecting D!2t:- official Warning
race long - D!2t not quite taking turn 1 chicane correctly:- Official Warning, also watch your chat please.

example only no penalties or official warnings in this case
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/2/2012, 11:16 pm

hm. do we have to be on teamspeak at all times during events?

by that i mean listening and voice enabled at all times?

i dont know about anyone else but i find chat messages during the races very distracting, the only thing i can imagine worse than that, is 15 people talking and laughing in my ears throughout a race.

obviously you cant make someone have a headset on all the time.
so is it just before and after a race we need to be listening in?

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/3/2012, 7:25 am

You can assign a push to talk button shayn, which means that you can swear and carry on but until you push the button, no one can hear you talk.
I've been on a few servers where PTT has been mandatory, and I personally think it's a good idea that it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/3/2012, 8:56 am

You can certainlly go to another channel during the race or hit the mute sounds in teamspeak during the race and qual.

We have thought long and hard about it before bringing this in. There are some advantages One for example is drivers letting people know there is a spun car blocking the track another is when your not 100% if you cause the person you were racing closely with to spin you can check to find out if you have to wait or keep going. But the biggest advantage for me is discussing setups problems your having around certain spots of the track
As I said happy for people to go to another channel during the race and qual

Finally best thing for everyone is to give it a go see what suits indivuals I personally enjoy the chat during the race but I do understand others don't.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/3/2012, 11:12 am

I'm not questioning the implementation of mandatory TS. I got no prob with it.

But ill def be hitting the mute button during qual and race sessions.

I have enough trouble staying concentrated on each lap without Mozza in my ear going on about mardi gras and such. tongue

Hope it helps though in all srsns.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 1/3/2012, 1:25 pm

well igonna have to pull the pin on racin guys... i all ways promised the mrs would never get a head piece so have to stick to me word... bloddy shame but will still practice durin the week as love racin tcl badly...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/3/2012, 2:12 pm

Lol, I'm sure it won't come to you quitting man.

You don't actually have to get a headset. Once logged into TS you can send the audio to your normal speakers, so you can still hear what is being said.
And maybe if needed, USB microphones are pretty cheap to buy and they can just sit on yur desk or wateva.

Every one is happy. Unless its the issue of you listening to someone other than ur other half. In which case I can't help lol.

I'm sure you won't need to stop racing.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 1/3/2012, 2:15 pm

my wife was more happy when i got the headset, no reving v8 noise all through the house,
only when i go to the shop,
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 1/3/2012, 2:39 pm

TTR kris wrote:my wife was more happy when i got the headset, no reving v8 noise all through the house,
only when i go to the shop,

My wife was the same.... but I don't get the V8 noise when I go to the shop... bet I use a lot less gas though.

KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 1/3/2012, 4:31 pm

As i know nothing about this Teamspeak stuff can someone give me a rundown on what it is?? So we all are able to hear & talk to each other whilst rFactor is running & functioning normally??

I don't have a problem with pre race stuff or inbetween Quali/Race but if thats how it works during the race i can't think of anything more annoying that someone talking in my ear... I occasionally i will admit i do abit of a Glenn Seton and talk myself around laps hahaha & i certainly don't want other people having to hear my banter...

My opinion is yes the HQ mod has closed everyone up and it has made racing close, whereas with other Mods we've used the racing has been spread out and less incidents... Hence less agro... i haven't been around on the server over the Xmas break so i can't comment... But the point im tryin to make is, is there a chance that its only this HQ mod that is the main problem & once we go back to TCL or whatever there will potentially less agro etc etc
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 1/3/2012, 4:41 pm

Hey Groupc

https://transtasmanrivals.forumotion.com/t25-teamspeak-details-download

you can mute both mic and sound of TS during the race / qualifying if you need to.... but we find it helpful sometimes to be able to communicate during a race.

It is not just the HQ mod... and there are other reasons we want to make teamspeak mandatory for championship races.
you probably have already read the the post but here it is anyway..
https://transtasmanrivals.forumotion.com/t777-all-members-must-be-on-teamspeak

I would like to think all members would give it a go before rubbishing the idea. (and this is not directed at anyone!)

Cheers
Kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 1/3/2012, 5:25 pm

when i first started racing and people said i need to get TS, i thought great another thing i need to sort out and get working, but getting software problems sorted with myself and helping other sort out settings, software, SLS inrolling, comming into the race late letting them know im on the way etc its worth its weight in gold i think
you can turn it down so you can only just here it, or move to another room where admin can see you there and come talk if needed, me dano kiwi and benny have all shared valuable info between us and have heard tips and tricks from other clans while in there TS, i think you get more out of the game, but i have had to turn mine down at another clan during practice when there was 10 people in there and i was trying to dial in the car to a track, i have mine running on a 2nd screen only so i can see whos light comes on when they talk, i know benny, kiwi, moo, spazz and danos even a few from xfactor and fdg voices so i dont need to with them, im sure running behind rf isnt so bad, i have a button on my wheel programed to talk, but there is no noise from me unless i push it, the button is programed in the ts software not rfactor its A seperate running programe
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 1/3/2012, 5:37 pm

there was one race, over ts came shit all the brake markers are down i think 1st 2nd and 3rd were in the sand, i was back far enough so change the aproch to the corner, it helps out a lot like that, or being told where the best hotdog stands are at the venue Laughing
if my wife told me i wasnt racing online anymore or looked down at me, because i look a dork with my head set on or what ever, ill say ok im getting dresed up and off to the pub to play pokeys get druck and get a taxi home the night would cost about $50 to $100 What a Face

Last edited by TTR kris on 1/3/2012, 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/3/2012, 5:44 pm

Hey groupc

It did start in HQ's but problem as you said partly related to close fields but since then we have also had issues with blow in causing problems plus then others then driving and acting like them plus heaps more. The problem would have been able to be solved immediately on two of the nights by letting everyone know I'm changing the password and this is it.

There are many other reasons this is just one but we lost one two new guys the other night both really quick and would have fitted in well with all of us. I tried on forums to sort out but we still had dramas. I personally find with team speak you take the friendship and respect a little further again and the aim is to create a even tighter nit community

To everyone give it go I'm sure you enjoy what we have built here trust that we are doing this to build and improve the nights for everyone
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 1/3/2012, 6:17 pm

I will admit when I first read we had to have team speak I wasn't happy. I hate head phones, always have, I get sore ears from them and as I have had several ear infections lately, I thought no way.

Then Shayn wrote about USB microphone. Yes, I can do that.

If would have been useful my last race as my wheel lost power and I just stopped, I could have warned the drivers behind me and that would have stopped them from crashing into me.

So yes, I will be buying a USB microphone on Saturday and giving it a fair go.

SHARYN
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 1/3/2012, 6:18 pm

TTR Benny wrote:Hey groupc

It did start in HQ's but problem as you said partly related to close fields but since then we have also had issues with blow in causing problems plus then others then driving and acting like them plus heaps more. The problem would have been able to be solved immediately on two of the nights by letting everyone know I'm changing the password and this is it.

There are many other reasons this is just one but we lost one two new guys the other night both really quick and would have fitted in well with all of us. I tried on forums to sort out but we still had dramas. I personally find with team speak you take the friendship and respect a little further again and the aim is to create a even tighter nit community

To everyone give it go I'm sure you enjoy what we have built here trust that we are doing this to build and improve the nights for everyone

Thanks for the info Kwik Kiwi, Kris & Benny... Please don't take it as me having a go at TTR that really wasn't what i was trying to get at... I guess now in just my post this arvo/above i can understand the communication will be better with Teamspeak... Again i always say it but its sooo true, you guys run a tight ship & thats what keeps me coming back for more Very Happy

I noticed Shano's post up above.... Shano mate, i really hope you can find away to race online, your a top bloke with plenty of speed it'd be a shame to see you go champ!!
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/3/2012, 7:12 pm

shaynskyline wrote:I have enough trouble staying concentrated on each lap without Mozza in my ear going on about mardi gras and such. tongue

You think what I type is bad, wait till I start yabbering into your headphones.... You'll hear stuff that'll make your toes curl Shaynie, my little princess! LMAO Very Happy

I do think it's a good idea, it makes the racing alot more personal, and I usually use TS on other forums that I race on. If anyone else has the G35 headset, I bags changing my voice to the flying squirrel voice morph!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Floydie 1/3/2012, 7:40 pm

My 2 bob says

Team speak is excellent well worth it its no trouble to use at all,
when i first started racing on line this time last year i though oh na
no way im not doing this bugger that.
But its really INVALUABLE to your sim racing not only to pick up the
secrets of a track or compairing setups installing modds ect.
Its not like you cant hear your own car over people having a yak,
or wreck a hot lap cause some one says hi.
Also theres some great comradery to be built up and enjoyed (you may laugh).
but if ya not on Ts ya dead set missin out,(headset or usb mic no excuse it is easy)
Imagine turning up to a real life motorsport event with ya Dato or minni and no one speaks to each other with their heads pointed to the ground, straight up you would
think oh this club is pretty ordinary.
Floydie
Floydie

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 1/3/2012, 8:17 pm

well readin a bit more from wat ya guys said and stuff and if its able to be used with out headset and just a mic i can deal wit that... just not wearing headphones... i make walls rumble here lol i not ruinin that wit headphones... and also was not having a dig at the teamspeak idea just the headphone bit...
so will try it wit a mic i happy wit that....
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/3/2012, 11:50 pm

yey!

this is just an example.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-Desktop-Noise-Cancelling-Microphone-MIC-PC-MAC-/180672346543?pt=AU_Computers_Headphones_Microphones&hash=item2a10e939af

if you go to harvey norman or DSE or something, im sure there will be others.

failing that, buy a headset and use the mic on that. sit it on your desk or around your neck and have the sound still coming through your regular speakers.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/9/2012, 11:17 pm

Also,

when you first get on TS it can be a little hard to hear people over the cars ingame.

A simple way to fix this is go into your rFactor settings and turn down all the effects, music, sounds etc ingame.

Or, depending on the version of windows you have, i have 7 for example. You can adjust the levels of each program coming through your speakers. There should be a little speaker icon in your taskbar. Right click it and select "open volume mixer".

Then just lower the level for rFactor separate of all the other programs. This will make TS seem alot louder.

Thats what i did anyways. Its better than struggling to hear people.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 1/9/2012, 11:30 pm

Is it possible to set it up so TS only comes through the headphones, while the game sounds only come out the speakers??
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/9/2012, 11:58 pm

Yep, I'm not sure how familiar you are with windows but it can be done.

Once you plug in your headset, you will have to go to volume properties and tell it to send the sound though your Normal speakers. But then go into the TS playback options and send the sound through your headset, which it should do automatically.

You can have it any way you want it. Whatever variation.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 1/10/2012, 6:42 am

shaynskyline wrote:Yep, I'm not sure how familiar you are with windows but it can be done.

Once you plug in your headset, you will have to go to volume properties and tell it to send the sound though your Normal speakers. But then go into the TS playback options and send the sound through your headset, which it should do automatically.

You can have it any way you want it. Whatever variation.

Thanks Shayn Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 1/12/2012, 10:48 pm

I went to a games place tonight and headsets range for $70 to $150. I went to Dick Smith and they range from $20 to $70. They also had a mic only for $10. What do I need? What features should i look for?
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/12/2012, 11:19 pm

Lol, decisions, decisions.

Um, ahhh, if you dont wanna wear a headset, just get a mic to sit on your desk. You talk through that and put the voices you hear through your normal speakers.

As for headsets, a 20 dollar one will do the job, but usually the more you pay, the better the sound will be, more comfortable, better microphone etc.

70 bucks from a games place is a safe bet id say. I know its alot, i paid that for my Logitech one. Its been great though. I actually use it a fair bit instead on desk speakers, so i have all the sound effects coming through the headset. Immerses you a little more i find. But its not for everyone.

As for features, they should all be usb these days, 70$ and up headsets should have a volume/mute control on the wire most the time.

Erm, i dunno, have i helped at all?

This is what i use at the moment. Got it from Harvey Norman for about 60 dollars:
http://www.logitech.com/en-au/webcam-communications/internet-headsets-phones/devices/8611

If you're just gonna use it for voice, it doesnt have to be that spectacular at the end of the day.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 1/13/2012, 8:57 am

Hey David, I am having the sound come thru my speakers and I bought a USB microphone that sits on the desk. The mike has a mute button on it. I bought it off eBay for about $17 including postage.

Wally was setting it up for me when I was leaving for work this morning. Will be using it on Sunday night.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/13/2012, 9:03 am

There are so many options but here is a few suggestions that may help

Desktop Mics Has anyone actually used it this way I would be worried you would get feedback or the car noice from the speakers would drown you out but here are a few options for you too look at

Announcements $(KGrHqQOKigE6YVVoDF8BOwcrefgz!~~60_12

If I was going to use a seperate mic would probably use something like this can clip it on your shirt and not have to wind Mic volume up to much as it is with in a closer range. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5mm-Hands-Free-Computer-Clip-Mini-Lapel-Mic-Microphone-/260917063901?pt=AU_Computers_Headphones_Microphones&hash=item3cbfde70dd

Announcements $(KGrHqIOKiYE2of1(,woBN4RVnejBw~~_12

Found this one on Ebay $9.95 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-Compact-Desktop-Mic-Microphone-PC-MAC-Skype-/200613638570?pt=AU_Components&hash=item2eb58131aa

Announcements YzVJpT2GzUTiGpna0L-lU0HWPtV_WkRTdUhjeMYV23HCyRsScp44dIc2L1jiLIeIX_RQLqYTiXlITuF_btsBFojU8gqIQo3xCcccrWlu6942Dk_3VA4ZCINtUkh1Mc2i7QzTNADQgcfr1ad7YI3RaJOIjck

This is probably a better quality unit found it on the internet for around the $20.00 mark http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Logitech-USB-Computer-PC-Mac-Desktop-Microphone-Mic-/290582311895?pt=AU_Computers_Headphones_Microphones&hash=item43a80e33d7

Announcements JzxlyZ93SpuIsTl-WA1X_cbjqlTNWioE-IndLv3ejx_hGcrcsqUOJcXZh7QPWHh9TL8pWMsiJYH0c31jAey_sBcYRpmcIp7zC6JAPLjv89W5rAQRl9NeHxgGeXzV9eUCbH4A8PrcC46wGl9P-Os-nhPxty6vXeteuqjQsqL5eQFWTh3jhoUANaY
Something Like this I'd assume would be available at most Kmarts BigW maybe target etc they plug in to the speaker and mic plugs on the back of the computer but most computers have have adittional outlets on the front as well.

Announcements Logitech_gaming_headset
I personally went for my first set for the logitech Brand they were just cheapies (Arround $25-$35) compared to the ones I have now but they was looking for comfort as well. They did the job for a good couple of years I purchased them from the local BigW store found a similar set on ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Logitech-ClearChat-Comfort-USB-Headset-computer-/200699011034?pt=AU_Computers_Headphones_Microphones&hash=item2eba97dfda

Announcements 147125_detail

Something like these are probably your next step up possibly available in Suround sound but not 100% I found these at Ebgames $79.95 https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-147125-Plantronics-GameCom-367-Headset-PC

Announcements YG0092_0_med_v1_m56577569835073496

Finally I Got these ones for Xmas Logitech G35 7.1 surround Sound they are so comfortable and the sound is unbelivable. You can here the cars coming from the different directions behind to the let or to the right and after using these I will never play though speakers again these are just so much better. Found a new set of these on ebay For $95.00 WOW I payed nearly $200 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Logitech-G35-Surround-Sound-Headset-Free-Delivey-/120833595673?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item1c223e5919

Hope this is of some assistance guys and gals
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ttrsonofa 1/14/2012, 2:13 pm

the reject shop sells digital headphones with mic ..10 bucks .....its exactly what u need...soft full ear cover with adjustable mic ...also volume control .........its sturdy and reliable .been using it for 12months ....notice the other day they were still in stock .....

ttrsonofa

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 1/14/2012, 7:12 pm

I went to dick Smith today and bought Logitech G330 for $60.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/14/2012, 8:11 pm

aaaah, looks like a great choice. I've read reviews on that one and no one had anything bad to say about it.

Nice one.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/14/2012, 8:20 pm

G35 Rocks. Hard. The sound really is phenomenal!

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 2/18/2012, 11:08 am

Sounds like a good idea to me, only thing is wouldn't it just allow the faster guys to run away and leave the back markers for dead?

I know that means you just have to get better, and that's racing. But the gap would grow fair quickly leaving ppl with no chance, then they might not bother coming back.

Ill still be in it though lol. The Escorts are great.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 2/18/2012, 4:21 pm

only thing is ya stuck in a escort for 6 races minium... and most may be stuck in escort for the whole season.. which i know i wouldnt want to be. maybe 1 to 2 races max i would drive a escort... just my .6567 cents worth

maybe every1 starts in sierras then when points reached faster huys go in to next slower class and so on???? so by end fastest dude will be in escort and slowest will still be in sierra?
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 2/18/2012, 5:13 pm

That might be crazy enough to work Shano.

Or not. Lol

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 2/18/2012, 6:01 pm

Maybe have a teams championship.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/18/2012, 9:14 pm

You can also do it with prize money the higher you finish the less prize money you have to purchase the better class cars. That means people can save money go lower class again and have more money saved and in the last couple of races to have a big crack at championship
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/19/2012, 11:00 am

Volvo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 2/19/2012, 11:19 am

I've heard good things about vulvas... but to me it's impossible to walk past the throaty VL HDT!

Back in my day, we used to dream of havin a turbo... we used t'ave ter hook up a hairdryer to cigarette lighter and point it down t'scoop!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 2/19/2012, 12:14 pm

interesting.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/19/2012, 12:42 pm

I know we can't but would be good to put the v8 orsm running gear in the tcl vk a have big banger series
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 2/19/2012, 1:55 pm

Old school for me also.

Ps. Wally, have you cleaned your study yet?

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by peter308 2/19/2012, 9:30 pm

old school for me Twisted Evil

peter308

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 2/19/2012, 9:50 pm

Get into this guys, gonna be great, the rumored tracks are epic.

Don't underestimate the Volvo either.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum