Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Hamilton

+5
TTR Benny
DV_8
David Paterson
Webber
shaynskyline
9 posters

Go down

Post Hamilton Empty Post Hamilton

Post by shaynskyline 4/29/2012, 9:46 pm

An eventful night with lots of different strategies. Tell us what happened.

QUALIFYING

Got my best time of the week with 1:28.080. Only good enough for 4th here with all them RS's infront. Total lockout.

RACE 1

Forgot the old "ram it then ease off throttle" for the R31 and got bogged way down. From fourth i ended up 7th coming out of T1 due to following a few people in front into the wall. Got by DV_8 and Webber got by me so im still in 7th. Jumped to 5th when Shano and Wally pitted early.

For the next 7 laps i chased Webber and Berlsy, keeping pace with them for a while but they gradually pulled away. Mozza wasn't dropping off either so i knew i couldn't let off very much. On lap nine coming into the pit straight new comer B.Barnes had a mishap and spun his BMW around and i slammed into his rear, sending me spinning and letting Mozza by down pit straight. just a bit of bad luck there, no one at fault.

I spent the next 7laps, yes seven trying to chase down Mozza who was flying in the Merc. I only caught up to him when he spun it on the last turn where i had rammed the BMW earlier. Next time around i had 4 litres fuel left, so i had to pit. Mozza said hi with his horn as he sped by while i was doing 39 kms/h into the pits. I got the required fuel and came out of the stupid red BOC sign in 9th spot.

Gained one more spot when i passed Stevo sitting in the middle of the track, clearly with no fuel left. Why else would you sit in the middle of the road. Shocked Ran over the line in 8th place.

Not overly happy with it, but at least i finished. 8th is better than nothing i guess. Stoopid fuel hungry R31. Bite me.

RACE 2

Got a heaps better start this time and got away very well. This time i made up some places by T1 and was in 4th coming to T3. I made a couple errors and ended up back a couple coming over the line for Lap2, 6th now.
Coming out of T1 though, i lost all throttle and my car decided to come to a complete stop. This sent Stevo into the back of me, sorry man, i didnt really know what was going on. RAWR!! What else!! I got going again when the throttle came back and only made it to the next corner when it happened again. I'm 10th by now, and the throttle drops off again into T2. This time B.Barnes cops my rear end in the middle of the track. Sorry mate. I pull over to the wall and the field flies by me.

From then on, knowing i had to conserve fuel to make it to the end of the race while holding a decent position, i tried to gain as many places as i could. . . . Slowly. By lap 6 I had gotten by Barnes, Paterson and Shazam. Next was V8_VIDEO in his Merc who i chased down by the next lap. . . . Slowly. Up next was DV_8 in one of the other R31s.

Introducing!!!! The Short Shift Brothers!!! We were both short shifting like mofos as i closed in on him i could hear him changing gears almost earlier than i was. Was the slowest race for a spot ever. I got by him on lap 12 with a quick, but very slow move up the inside of T1. From then it was just go as fast as i could without going fast . . . kinda.

By lap 18 i could see that i was going to make it to the finish line. Doing my 6 times tables every lap to make sure i could get all the way. I was slowly closing in on Peter308, surely i couldn't catch up to him? So i gunned it crossing the line with 7 litres in the boot and pushed as hard as i could for the last lap. I think i got within about 3 seconds of Peter on the last run to the line but he was too far away still.
Crossed the line in 7th place with 1litre of fuel remaining.

Second race was alot more fun than the first, probably cos i got the maximum i could have with the car i chose for this series. Fuel hungry SOB.

Great race with DV, i knew i could stay in front of him, but i knew it was going to cost me a finish if i tried to get too smart. Well done man.
I guess we know the limit of the Nissan now hey.

Well done to everyone. Including the new guys.

Congrats to the winners, no way to keep up with you guys. Any strategy would not have worked against your pace. WD.

Last edited by shaynskyline on 4/29/2012, 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Hamilton Empty Re: Post Hamilton

Post by Webber 4/29/2012, 10:14 pm

In both races, my plan was to cane the wheels off the Sierra and go for a splash'n'dash near the end.

In both races, I overshot the first corner and had to convert to a fuel saving strat.

In R1, it netted me 2nd behind a charging Berlsy.

In R2, a Webber style backflip over the back chicane meant a tour of the outskirts of the track. Did some autographing, then pit for basically an entirely new car, and drove alone till the end.

Well done Berlsy, Shano, Stevo, Racer, and Mozza for strong performances!!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 4/29/2012, 10:25 pm

Q:
Never put a good lap together and ended up 15th on a grid of 17.

R1:
Got a great start and rounded up some Skylines on the run to T1. Was cautious and tucked in behind Shaz, then got a Sierra enema, forcing me into the pink Rover, which then bounced heavily into another car and the wall. Afer that the race was pretty uneventful until lap 12 when i chased Blinkiben through the chicane and didn't line up the kerbs properly and had a huge high speed rollover. Car landed on it's wheels without even slowing down, so i continued on but the steering was a bit ordinary after that. Ended up 12th with 2 litres in the tank.

R2:
Another good start and then outbraked myself into T1, probably because i was distracted watching Webber heading off into the boonies. Picked my way through the carnage, there was plenty and had an absolute ripper dice with Shaz for the next 5 laps. Eventually i got past her and gradually drew away. Very lonely, until Blinkiben caught me with two laps to go, we had a good dice and he pipped me at the flag, i finished 11th.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 4/29/2012, 11:23 pm

LOL Shayn! I literally forgot my 6 times table and was deep in struggle town trying to figure it out for over 3 laps!! Like trying to rub stomach and pat head at the same time!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 4/29/2012, 11:57 pm

Unfortunately the Skyline isn't much fun in the longer races, the fuel consumption is very poor compared to its overall speed. That's just part of the series though, the car will be competitive at some races and struggle at others.
Qualifying
Did a shocking job couldn't get a lap together
Race 1
The plan was to get through without stopping. Started short shifting as was planned but over the first few laps I was using too much fuel ,so I really had to conserve. This led to a whole race of me holding up Pete. I would slow him up in the corners and use enough power to get away and then back off again before the next corner. He did turn me around but waited and it probably only cost me about 4 seconds. I think he got by me on the last lap but I got him back before the chicane and brought the car home with 1L to spare.
Race 2
Went for the same plan but was hoping not to waste fuel early. I managed to get over the 6L/lap mark and probably should have pushed hard with 3 laps to go but I waited until there was 2 left and the computer wasn't running perfectly so I couldn't quite nail any quick laps and was unable to catch Shayn.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 4/30/2012, 6:48 am

Hey guys working to get this setup in SLS today. So points might be a couple of days off while I work out how to add the points from the previous rounds.

Anyone that has result files for previous rounds of ATCC if you please email them to me benny@ttrracing.com

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 4/30/2012, 10:04 am

mint nite of racin i must admit... race 1 pitted on lap 2 then charged on only could get 6th.. had a blast
r2 decided to stretch it and not pit thought racer was doin it too as pace was slow up front then racer went on by and started pullin out...played wit bersley for a bit then towards the end i plowed a bac marker who just left the pits and sent him at warp speed past bersley...luckily missed bersley...
just limped home after watchin racer in pit lane i plowed the wall and bent car a new 1.... lucky to make it wit a litre lol....

wd bersley on double header....
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 4/30/2012, 10:13 am

Woo, didn't realise he won em both.

Well done mate.

Webber's pit straight acrobatics were incredible also. Perfect 10s from all judges bro.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 4/30/2012, 10:59 am

Ok Guys After a Heap of Work this series is now up in SLS and Results are up for This round with bonus points for the Previous Rounds to work out current Championship Standings
Post Hamilton Hamilton

The Following Drivers Also Have points and they will be added the next time they run in this series

Corty GT 104
Parntenope 62
Richo 48
Dan GTX 25
blinkiben 18
Sonofa 16
Trippy 13
B Barnes 10
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 4/30/2012, 12:33 pm

Thanks heaps Benny. Legend.

Also how does the bonus point sytem work?

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 4/30/2012, 1:04 pm

Yep I didn't have all results so I added bonus to each person so SLS could be used.
We use SLS that way when people are away any other can do points.

Wally was having problem with getting in so he was using his own but that problem has now been fixed
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 4/30/2012, 1:10 pm

i think we need to check bersleys vl twr... i think he may be running a polarizer on it..... seems to have good economy LMAO.... bersley you snuck a polarizer on or wat?????????
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 4/30/2012, 1:35 pm

Let's not start that sillyness again lol Rolling Eyes

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 4/30/2012, 2:27 pm

na no sillyness shaynster just sayinm dude... i happy wit how it is now is mint as...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 4/30/2012, 5:54 pm

Now you mention it shano, i did notice a wierd 'sticker' on the back of bersly's Commodore when i was following ;-)

I have grown to like this track. Took ages at first to get into it but by last night i really enjoyed this track.

I tried the fuel saving option on the original running of this round and couldn't make it work, so for both races i just decided to sprint for 18 laps, then have a stop for two laps worth of fuel to make it home.

Race 1 - From 2nd on the grid i followed Webber wide at turn 1 and came out in 4th place behind Berls, Mozza and Wally. I slowly over the first few laps picked them off and got into the lead and put my head down. Berlsy & Webber looked like they were having a great dice in my mirrors as the chart showed their positions constantly changing. I had little trouble and pushed on until my stop at the end of lap 18, and i came out in 4th only a few seconds behind Mozza. Coming onto the front straight on the last lap i thought i was too far behind, but thanks to my turbo i 'just' pipped Moz at the flag to claim third, which considering i stopped i was very happy with.

Race 2 - Ran wide again at turn 1 and was back in 5th, and slowly again worked my way up to 2nd where Shano had made a nice little break. It was hard work but i managed to catch up and after a few laps got by. Shano then started dropping back which made me think he was looking at the fuel saving option. My race went pretty much as per race 1, and when i stopped on lap 18 i came out in 5th. Yet again behind Mozza, and yet again i got by him on the run to the flag on the last lap, though this time Mozza had had an altercation leading onto the home straight which helped my cause.

Well done to Berlsy on the double win, and to Webber, Shano & Stevo for the podiums. Roll on this weekend Smile

Great to see so many starters as well Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 4/30/2012, 6:06 pm

wat a night, had a bloody ball, after sneaking a couple of jerry cans on board was able to make the full race distance without having to short shift.

R1 got away nicely but out broke myself at the first turn a ran super wide luckily didn't hit anyone. had a top battle with wally, moz, racer and webber for the first few laps. passed shano and wal when they pitted and was running 3rd behind moz and racer but had webber glued to my rear bumper. drove past moz down the straight and webber followed. managed to keep web behind for a few laps but after a while the power of the sierra was to much. passed webber a few laps later when he span but soon enough he got by again, then racer pitted and webber had another spin so was in the lead. then the yellow light started flashing but crossed the line with 2 litres left.

R2 got away nicely again, think i've finally worked out how to get this barge off the line, was first coming out of turn 1 but shano got up the inside at turn 2. had webber on my butt again till we tried to go side by side through the chicane and it didn't end to well for webber. after several flips and plenty of air time he came back down again. could hardly drive the rest of the lap cause was pissing my self laughing. had a nice little battle with racer for a couple of laps but he got by and was soon harrasing shano. chased shano around for more than half the race till he went into super fuel saver mode and i passed him down the straight. gotta be the first time i've passed a sierra down a straight. by this stage racer had cleared out but luckily for me he had to get fuel so came home with another win wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo.

next stop barbagello, should bring heaps of other cars into the mix, gonna be awesome cheers

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/30/2012, 7:24 pm

Quali'd 8th, with a low 29. Pretty damn happy with that, managed to get the old merc up ahead of some much more powerful machinery.

Race 1:
Managed to get a stonking start, and ended up 2nd or 3rd or so. The faster cars all came through eventually. Was a race of reasonable short shifting in the merc to ensure I could get home. Managed to get pipped by racer by less than a carlength on the line for the final podium. Bit shattered.

Race 2:
Managed another fairly good start and came out again in the top 2 or 3. This time though, I muffed my clean copybook by putting the merc on it's roof around the final sector. That kinda hampered any chance of a podium.
Copped a nice old barge into the wall from a VL on the last turn, which I was less than impressed with, especially considering it cost me another position, with Racer beating me home again.

A few things came out of this for me.
I'm gonna start muting TS as I dont give a shit if your car has epically damaged steering. Don't tell me. I'm not caring... See, I'm not caring! Also, quali is generally not a time to be constantly talking.
Also the driving standards seemed to slip last night. Not sure why, but I'm sure they'll be fine at Wanaroo... Especially if everyone does some sort of practice before the event, not 20 minutes before it.

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 4/30/2012, 7:34 pm

Yeah, i agree with you about TS Mozza.

I have mapped my "del/." button to mute TeamSpeak as soon as the race starts, and qualifying for that matter. Which i dont think anyone can have a problem with.

I have it on during pre-race practice etc, but mute as soon as a proper session starts. Nothing bugs me more than people talking through the race or qualifying.

But its usually muted, so knock yourselves out lol, i cant hear you.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 4/30/2012, 7:59 pm

I have no problem with people muting during qual races the main reason for it is Admin to answer questions. I know people find annoying during race so mute during these periods no worries but also take into account the reason we have. imagine every time You head out to do some practice and get up to speed pre race and qual people type how long is race, how many stops, what Tyres x this by 10 people I was luckly to get 3 laps together before having to stop on Saturday answering questions.

So please stay on it you can be muted most times except pre race. Only thing if someone tags you alittle realize they may have a apologized and explain on ts and you didn't hear
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 4/30/2012, 8:48 pm

mozza wrote:A few things came out of this for me.U
I'm gonna start muting TS as I dont give a shit if your car has epically damaged steering. Don't tell me. I'm not caring... See, I'm not caring! Also, quali is generally not a time to be constantly talking.
Also the driving standards seemed to slip last night. Not sure why, but I'm sure they'll be fine at Wanaroo... Especially if everyone does some sort of practice before the event, not 20 minutes before it.

The driver you are referring to has just joined this league. There were 3 new drivers last night. Instead of bagging them, how about explaining to them that we don't talk on TS during qual etc.

Also the admin person in charge of last nights race could have politely asked the new guys to stop talking on TS during qual and race.

As for practice, I jumped off the server in the afternoon after only doing a few laps cause of the swearing and offensive comment made by another driver.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/30/2012, 9:04 pm

Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 4/30/2012, 10:31 pm

i will edit my reply in the interest of kids
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 4/30/2012, 10:42 pm

Benny, i always listen in pre race for announcements etc. But during a race, or qualy i cant concentrate with noises other than the engine. Hope thats ok.

I think everyone needs to just relax a bit and realise why we are all here.
For racing cars and having fun with people that share the same interests.

Regarding new drivers. I know what it is like to be a newbie at online racing.
My level of terrible-ness since a year ago when i joined here has fallen lower and lower.

The only reason i can make a full length race these days, or qualify near the top of the grid. Is because so many people helped me with my driving and how rFactor worked.

I haven't seen anyone act as bad as i did the night i debuted here, since i have joined. No where near it. And i am still quite ashamed of it. But the small group that was here already, let me stay and helped me get better.

This should be deserved to all new drivers.

Saying that, i do agree that new guys should maybe have a week of practice under their belt before being put into a points round of TCL.
Simply to save what i subjected you all to a year ago from happening.

Carry on.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 4/30/2012, 10:45 pm

thanks shayn.... exactly not 20 minutes before a race and loading the track still... now i may be dumb but come on guys

oh shayn wat i miss on your debut fill me in lol....
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 4/30/2012, 11:09 pm

Lots of Spinning. Erratic driving. Swearrrrrrrrring!!! Anger. Bumping people off. etc.
Not trying to be a menace. Just had no idea.

All in a TCL points round at Amaroo.

Imagine that happened last night. What we would all say.

Thanks again guys for giving me a second chance.

Hence my point. Go easy on new guys. Cos none have been as bad as me.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum