Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Manfeild

+6
Hayden Kirk
IcemanForbes
POD253~XR~
TTR Benny
TTR Powerslave
KKR kwik-kiwi
10 posters

Go down

Post Manfeild Empty Post Manfeild

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 7/22/2012, 9:05 am

Did my PB in qualifying......... bounce bounce

The "Top 10 Shootout" was a great idea (even though I stuffed up my flying lap) Embarassed

While my set up felt good in practice and qualifying, it was a pig to drive in the race...
I tried the control tyre in race 2 and 3 as I struggled to keep the sprint tyres drivable (even in the 15min race)

The good stuff... Great to see the Kiwis outnumber the Aussies Very Happy and a clean sweep of wins for NZ ..
Great racing with some good clean battles...

Thanks guys for making the effort and I bet the Aussies will be back in force at Bathurst next week...

kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post Manfeild Empty Re: Post Manfeild

Post by TTR Powerslave 7/22/2012, 9:10 am

Very good nights racing well done to everyone Smile

Qually 1 Did ok sat about 8th or 9th but there was only .300 that seperated the top 9 or 10 which was very good to see..

Qaully 2 (Shootout) set a PB in the shootout and through a few missfortunes found myself starting 5th on the grid Smile

R1 had a terrinle start and got swarmed by cars in the run into T1 and found myself drop a few spots settled in and tried to save tires a little bit but prob looking back was a bit too conservative tried to pick up the pace a bit and finished 9th (i think)

R2 got a better start and managed to hang with the pack a little better raced pretty well had some good batttles with sonofa & benny managed to keep enough tyre towards the end which made me think I was again a little too conservative Sad

R3 had a really good start and hung with the top 6 for quite a bit I realized this time that I was prob pushing too hard keeping up with the front runners and the tyre temps climbed up wanting to not pit I had to back off alittle to get the tires through to the end managed to maintain a good gap to benny and the next group for awhile but noticed on my timing sheet that Benny was on the charge and catching pretty quick uped the pace to try and hold him off but a T1 shifted down gears 1 too many and had a small moment managed to pull the car up without going into the kitty litter but gave benny all the chance he needed to get past, near the end heard growler say he blew a tire and that gifted me another position back Smile Bad luck Growler

really happy with my personal efforts with driving of late i guess the next thing is really comming to an understanding of the tyres and how much I push them and when it really cost me alittle bit last night as I prob went abit too conservative at times and ended up with too much tyre left at the end.
Again well done all and really good to see a strong representation from the Kiwi's and good finishes from them too.. great track one of my new fav's and all in all a greats nights racing Smile See you next round back in OZ.
TTR Powerslave
TTR Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/22/2012, 9:15 am

New Zealand takes the lead with a dominate display at Manfield

New Zealand 294
Australia 279
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 7/22/2012, 9:31 am

TTR Benny wrote:New Zealand takes the lead with a dominate display at Manfield

New Zealand 294
Australia 279

bounce bounce bounce cheers bounce bounce bounce cheers bounce bounce bounce cheers bounce bounce bounce
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by POD253~XR~ 7/22/2012, 9:47 am

Had a terrible Saturday night,

Qually: Missed it

Race 1: Missed it
Race 2: Didn't know what I was doing
Race 3: Stuffed it!

Catch you all at Bathurst

POD253
POD253~XR~
POD253~XR~

Back to top Go down

Post by IcemanForbes 7/22/2012, 10:50 am

That was a very competitive round at the front, it was very close and no one seemed to have an absolutely decisive advantage.

Top 10 was very interesting as you get to watch everyone else in the 10 except for the guy before you try to put a single lap together.

Race 1 being short, naturally the strategy was to just go for it from the get go, although as it turns out wear wasn't so much the issue as just getting the tyres too hot, and with Hayden breathing down your neck you don't have any room to give them a rest, but managed to stay in front for the win.

In race 2 I made some minor setup changes and changed my approach to being more conservative at the start, which in retrospect was probably an overreaction to race 1, and I think I should have just left the setup as it was and not drive quite as conservative as I did.

For race 3 I figured that softs would last the race, just like they did for half race on 2x wear at Hidden Valley and Townsville, which they did just fine here, but again was conservative at the start and lost a few positions, but then that probably made me somewhat stronger at the back end of the race, narrowly missing out on first, although equally narrowly avoiding going down to third from a charging Hayden at the end.

Anyway three races, eight podiums for kiwis, worked out pretty well really.
IcemanForbes
IcemanForbes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Kirk 7/22/2012, 10:59 am

Thanks again guys had a ball.

Qual I saw M1N1 pull out a high .02.6 quickest of the night so I really threw everything I had and manged to just pip the time with a low .02.6 for p1

Top 10, Dunno what happened I guess the pressure got to me missed all my markers and couldn't get a clean exit n fell to 6th.

Race 1 quickly picked a few spots going into t1 locking up the brakes and then diced with M1N1 early to pass for 2nd on lap 2 n put my head down to chase down Forbes for the remaining laps. My tyres seemed to last longer than his towards the end of the race, I made a dive on the final bend but I didnt have enough to make it stick, thinking I had 1 more lap up my sleeve i stuck to Forbes's bumper but the timer timed out on the slightest of gaps as Forbes crossed the line and I just missed out.

Race 2 started p2 Slotted in behind Forbes opening lap waiting for a mistake, MANZ got by myself & Forbes and Mudgie was definatley putting the pressure on, MANZ streaked away and I was trying pretty hard to get by Forbes n managed to do so by about lap 6 and chased MANZ down but the task was made easier with MANZ running wide onto the grass handing me the win.

Race 3 I hadn't made my mind up on the strategy which seemed to be the wrong one, starting on poll I thought I would do a double stint on softs making the most of starting in clean air and treating every lap like a qual lap to get as much of an advantage more a mid race stop. I was 8 seconds clear of M1N1 when I came in to pit and the margin didnt really change after he pitted a lap later but a few laps in M1N1 was really starting to catch me. Coming down to the final laps I pushed hard to catch Forbes & Mudgie pulling back appx 1 second a lap as I got on Forbes's bumper and made another dive but not enough to stick just falling short on the timer again with the top 3 of us all finishing .200 of eachother epic finish to a great night.

Proud of the Kiwi drivers stepping up to the plate its time to tackle the almighty mountain!

Hayden Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingFijian 7/22/2012, 11:05 am

^^^ agree with you - should have been a spectator.

Race 1 - lasted half a lap - I was a passenger once on of those under arming Ausi's gave the back of my beloved car a tap under brakes - needless to say it ended up with no tyres. Did someone mention underarms before the series Razz - but all good Moo, as I said on the server, crap happens.

Race 2 - went of track and lost a lap so just did 75% race distance and parked up in pitlane for the leaders to go through so I could get kiwis some points
Race 3 - kept screwing up - by this point I had enough and was like one more of and i'll call it and it didn't take long.

I also found it pretty hard to manage the drifting balance on this mod, it seemed like you go faster if you drift a little bit and obviously with my inexperience with this mod I couldn't achieve pro drifter level. I shall go out and practice some D1NZ this week Razz
FlyingFijian
FlyingFijian

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 7/22/2012, 11:11 am

Hadn't had enough practice before Qualifying but I was setting times around 1:02s. The top 10 shootout did not go well I really thought I should have been P1 but instead P2 was what I got.

Race 1 - Black Screen

Race 2 - I started off very well I think I gained around 6 positions into turn 1. I don't know what was going on in front I think a lot of contact but I had to get on the brakes and lost a lot of those positions. I made an outstanding pass on Manz at the end of lap 15 and start of lap 16 on the front straight. It was mm perfect pass and I suggest anybody who hasn't seen it to watch the replay haha Very Happy

Race 3 - I was in P2 when Hayden pitted in P1 and then I did a lap later. It was a 9 second gap and I just did some of the best laps I could to reel them all in. I was consistently doing 1:02's and I even did a 1:02.4 which was great Very Happy I got the gap down to 4 seconds to the top 3 who were battling it out but it was too late.

Good racing and hopefully a better result at the next round Smile

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 7/22/2012, 11:59 am

Does anyone have race replays? If so can u I maybe send it to me if it is possible

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 7/22/2012, 3:56 pm

I was supposed to miss this round but glad I didn't! It was a great night all round.
I had about 4 setups I could choose from but went with kwik-kiwi's one with a few chages to suit my driving style.

Race 1
Had a good start and just stayed in a position so to stop ant Aussies passing me.

Race 2
Again had a good start and managed to pass a few cars in the first few laps. I did an evil over and under manouver on M1N1KOB3 which managed to stick...
Chased down Manz for some awsome close racing but couldn't quite catch him!

Race 3
Decided to stick with softs which unfortunately didn't pay off. I managed to get into 2nd for most of the race but as my left front started to degrade I let some of the faster Kiwis through. Unfotunately I went wide on one corner towards the end which let in a few Aussies. On the 2nd to last lap my tire blew and I limped home...

Awsome racing!
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down