Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro

+7
KKR kwik-kiwi
groupcaction
FlyingFijian
racer69
MyHolden11
dano
TTR Benny
11 posters

Go down

Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Empty Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro

Post by TTR Benny 7/23/2012, 10:40 am

Had a few less than expected but what a night. First well done to Killer your were in a league of your own last night. TCL Class One Went to GroupCAction and TCL Class Two Went to Mozza

I had spent a fair bit of time on trying to make it as even as possible for atleast the sierra's v V8's I had based it on the V8's Averaging in the 11's which Kiwi and I did and the sierra's Averaging in the 13's which groupc and Webber did as well. Take the consistency of Killer out running in the 10's most of the night and it was a pretty close race at the end of the 2 hours. Yes the top three were V8's but then a heap of TCL Vehicles

Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro TCL v V8's

Here is link for PDF version Easier to read http://ttrracing.com/admin/Pictures/TCLvV8results.pdf
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Empty Re: Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro

Post by dano 7/23/2012, 11:02 am

This was huge fun! Thanks Benny and Kiwi.

I had a bit of a rough start and wound up doing a bit of lawn mowing,
But anyway that meant I had to start chasing down tcl cars straight away. That was really a lot of fun. It's not often (in fact never) that I get to overtake Webber or GroupC, but I did so in unlapping myself a couple of times.
There were so many battles going on it was awesome. I was tracking nucken (also in a v8sc) closely till he went out after halfway, I was pulling into the pits a few seconds behind everytime. I was also racing racer,mozza,billy bob and shano although I was never sure if I was chasing them or being chased.

I can't wait for the next one.

Last edited by dano on 7/23/2012, 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

dano

Back to top Go down

Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro Empty Re: Post TCL v V8's Sandown 2 hour Enduro

Post by MyHolden11 7/23/2012, 2:35 pm

Thanks to the TTR guys for hosting this great event!

i had a great time, i was a little slower in the toyota but did pretty consistent times, congrates to EAO! Mean driving, cant wait till the next one guys!

Cheers Smile
MyHolden11
MyHolden11

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MyHolden11/253307851428563

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 7/23/2012, 3:46 pm

What a great nights racing!

I had a good pace in practice but in qualfying i couldn't get it together so wound up about sixth in the TCL field.

I got a good start and just tried to stay out of trouble for the early stages. That worked for about three quarters of lap 1 until i got pushed off at Dandenong Road corner.... From there i was trying to make up ground and got into a great dice with CortyGT. We passed and re-passed eachother a few times and we caught up to a big battle including IcemanForbes, Billy bob, Mozza and Shano. It was good stuff but my tyres were pretty shot so i made an early stop and managed to jump ahead of the pack when they made their stops.

I was having a good 'dice' with NuckenFuts in that duing our stints we would always be around eachother. During my second stint he came past and i was trying to keep him in sight when we came up to lap a car. Nucken & the lapped car came together with Nucken going off the track.... the lapped car drove back onto the track, onto the racing line and spun me off too.... i got going again but found my steering was all out of whack coming onto the main straight which meant i got in the way of Mozza & Shano etc... sorry guys but i didn't realise my steering was that bad until i came out of the last corner.

In the end i had a great little dice with Mozza during the final third of the race, and ran home in 7th, fairly happy with that given what happened in the race, but thats endurance racing Smile

Thanks to benny for all his hard work getting it going, was a blast Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingFijian 7/23/2012, 4:00 pm

After spending half the day practicing my drifting skills, I managed to qualify second, just ahead of a fast finishing Benny (who had me and possibly EAO going into S3)

I was amping for race after qualifying, everyone was on about 7-8 laps per stint on TS (not sure if that was fully accurate) but I was on 9 laps in the 10's.

Turned over to race, had a catastrophic mechanical failure (computer froze). When I restarted it, it seemed to be running slow....restarting it would have wasted more time so thought i'd enjoy spectating the race and watching test cricket. I just wasn't meant to be my day Sad

FlyingFijian
FlyingFijian

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/23/2012, 4:24 pm

Qual was really not a factor for me but still tried to put the car as far up as I could. I ended up on the front row after Flying Fijian dropped out as the race started.

Race
I started pretty easy first stint letting Kiwi through as he seemed to be on a mission and I settled in to the first stint running in 3rd. After a couple of laps looked at the leader board only to see Webber on a mission and only two spots behind me already. So picked up the pace a little as I knew I need to run around the 2 seconds a lap quicker to finish in front of the sierra's. End of the first stint Kiwi had a loose at the end of the back straight handing the lead to Killer and from here until about the last 15mins of the race we no more than 1 or seconds apart usually allot closer. We even had a couple of Pit Speed Limiter races side by side trying to exit pit lane. I really enjoyed this all high quality racing only rubbing once when both having no tyres kiwi had a moment and we came together. Although 90 + mins of hounding the car at 60% of this time was about a metre from his bumper takes it out of you and the tyres and by the last 15 mins was absolutely rooted. To add to this In the last 30 mins the track temp was climbing to over 36 deg as well and tyre life was getting worse every lap. In the second last tyre stint kiwi made the break and I backed off a bit to try and just make the finish without destroying the car.

After last stop I popped about 10 seconds a drift from GroupCAction and Webber between both of us. Caught Webber pretty quickly which I wasn't expecting but as I drove past saw why I guess he must had decided he needed more airflow for the intercooler and removed the front headlight must have been in a hurry though as he appeared to have removed most of the left hand front guard as well. Caught up to GroupCAction pretty quickly as well and had about 4 mins to make the pass but GroupCAction was hanging on to third and wasn't planning on giving it up. Brent you drove great specially after man handling a Sierra around for two hours I couldn't really make a fair move down the straight without risking it for both of us so just waited and got a run out of the left hander at the end of the back straight. Unfortunately though as I finally made it past my pedals slipped and I lost the run to the next corner so just patiently waited a couple of laps and repeated the move finishing third.

I really did enjoy the night the amount of passing I did every driver was so great at letting us through and friendly although I think mozza must have hurt his hand as he was only waving with a single finger each time I went past.

Be interesting to see how this would pan out at a track like winton
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 7/23/2012, 4:52 pm

Firstly i must say thanks to Benny, Kiwi & everyone at TTR for making this a really fun night!!

Was a great turnout seeing the best V8 drivers up against the best TCL drivers!!

Quali: Was very happy with my lap to go quickest of the Sierra's... alittle surprised as i know Corty had got into the 11's but i set my PB with a 12.3

Start Race 1: Thank christ we had a restart as i did my best Stirling Moss (Bathurst 1976) stall on the grid hahahaha

Restart Race 1: Got a pretty good getaway but Webber outdragged me into T1...
I set my mind before the race to not really race anyone until the final 30mins... I made a couple of errors down into Dandenong Rd a couple of times in the first hour which lost me abit of time to Webber... My front tyres weren't liking the full tank of fuel, my tyres would only seem to last half a tank load before going off like current F1 Pirelli tyres. So at about the 3rd stop i made, just after the halfway point i bolted on hards to the front with meds for the rear and the car really transformed from there.

I battled long n hard with Webber, Hayden, Benny & Kiwi all race... swapping positions through stops was great fun... Not sure what happened to Webber in the final laps but i closed quickly in the last minutes to grab him to take the lead in the TCL class... I toggled the standings bar to see i was currently 3rd overall with Benny closing fast... He zeroed in on my bumper and the final laps were great... Both our tyres were shot but we had a good ol ding dong which Benny came out on top... WD mate

Stoked to bring home the TCL Sierra in 4th... WD to Killer... by name he killed everyone!! WD also to Kiwi n Benny for the podium!! Cheers to everyone turning up, was a really great night!!
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 7/23/2012, 5:11 pm

Did a reasonable amount of practice and found a set up (from my "missing in action" mate TTR Kris) that seemed to look after the tyres just that little bit more..

Pushed hard the first stint (too hard it would seem) and had to pit a lap earlier than Benny. But set the fastest lap during that first stint and was pretty amazed it stood for the entire race. With Killer eventually lapping the whole field I was sure it wouldn't last.

As Benny has said we had an awesome battle for a fair chunk of the race... but I found my tyres lasting better each stint which probably gave me that little gap over him.

Lapped drivers were for the most part, considerate, but had the odd occasion where a lapped driver got a bit stubborn about letting me past Rolling Eyes

Absolutely rapt with second and well done to Killerkeys on the well deserved win, and Benny on the 3rd place......

Thanks Benny for organising an awesome event and a big thanks to all those who help test to make it as close a contest as it was....

kiwi

ps... do we know how many tickets Killerkop issued on "that" corner during the race? Razz What a Face lol!
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 7/23/2012, 5:15 pm

yeah thanks benny and kiwi that was a blast....

qualy decided to just do burnouts and start at the back...

race just plodded along and tried to keep outta trouble spent most of it cuttin laps wit mozza and the odd here and there wit corty and racer and the odd lap or 2 with dano..

last few laps petrol was a issue lol i rolled into the pit lane engine shut down no gas lol was last lap hahahahaha idiot tried to stretch it out lol... lost heaps of positions but had a mega blast the whole race... took a bit to get used of gettin outta way of supercars so just decided to let them sort it out lol...

would have to say it be pretty kewl to mix it up like this a bit more could run 2 championships in the 1 go.....
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Kirk 7/23/2012, 5:37 pm

I think this race should be recognised as a huge credit to those that put together a format in which there was close racing maintained from start to finish between both V8 Supercars & the TCL cars,

As stated there was plenty of battles going on no matter what class and made the whole race enjoyable for me because of that fact I had no idea until the race had actually ended to where I was actually going to place.

Qual i think was about expected for me lapping midpack of the Legends car, managed to pick a few spots on the opening lap and then had a mino setback on lap two with someone driving the 888 car having an apparent game crash and collected them head on, didnt seem to handle much different so I left it for the remainder of the race,

Due to pitstops I swapped with Group C, Webber, Kiwi & Benny the entire race but didnt have the toe to keep up.

Very happy to finish let alone 6th.

Roll on Aug 5th!

Hayden Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/23/2012, 6:58 pm

Was an interesting race. I wasn't particularly serious about it though.

At every pitstop I was either up having a squirt, or throwing a log on the fire, and at one I did both which ended up being about 40-50 second stop lol. Even copped a drive through at one stage. Without that I probably would've been up with racer, or there abouts.

Couple of nuffys around last night. One in particular caught my eye with rediculously late braking and pushing their way past other TCL cars.

Good to see GroupC, Iceman and myself driving the TCL cars as they should be Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 7/23/2012, 7:45 pm

mozza wrote:

Good to see GroupC, Iceman and myself driving the TCL cars as they should be Razz

What do you mean Mozz... Totally lost me...
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/23/2012, 7:53 pm

No driving aids.... Or at least that's what the spread sheet says... Was more meant to be funny than anything else, certainly not having a crack at anyone at all!

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 7/23/2012, 8:14 pm

you tried usin a clutch when ya mostly race with 1 foot cause 1 foot has no feeling in it lol.....

i drive mostly left footed lol as right foot has no feeling from ankle down lol...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/23/2012, 8:19 pm

I was stirring ya big pink harley poof LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 7/23/2012, 8:22 pm

Oh k haha i didnt even notice it on the spreadsheet mate i was more drawn to how many laps we did... Shit we did alot !!

Benny i think we lock in a V8 v TCL battle around Winton...

The M3 just called... he's ready for a fight hahaha

groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 7/23/2012, 8:42 pm

lol its not forkin pink... stirring yeah im good at that too lol.....

i may have held sum taxis up too lol... but i decided to let them work there way around lol...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/23/2012, 8:43 pm

groupcaction wrote:Oh k haha i didnt even notice it on the spreadsheet mate i was more drawn to how many laps we did... Shit we did alot !!

Benny i think we lock in a V8 v TCL battle around Winton...

The M3 just called... he's ready for a fight hahaha

I'll wheel the Merc out too Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 7/23/2012, 8:43 pm

m3 evo will smash em badly btw.....
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/23/2012, 8:48 pm

m3 Evo Only have medium Tyres Available
I'll Setup a Home server to have a play with by the way Queensland is up and running
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/23/2012, 9:08 pm

Have Setup a Server at winton for a bit of testing for possible race with TCL v V8's

Post feedback and more info at https://transtasmanrivals.forumotion.com/t1190-tcl-vs-v8-supercars-winton-test#10719
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 7/23/2012, 9:24 pm

Fantastic, absolutely awesome.

I admit I turned traction control on in the last couple of laps since had hit a wall and the steering was moving about. Don't worry, I feel the appropriate amount of shame!

Have to say, Killerkeys thoroughly deserves the win, since I reckon we would have been within a couple of seconds if I'd had the same consistency as him. Which goes to show the awesome job Benny and the testers pulled off in achieving equality, which some top level real racing series can't even manage.

I was definitely getting good times out of the Sierra but had 3 or 4 big spins or loses on worn tyres which let him get ahead. The last of those bent the steering so much it lost me from challenging Kiwi for 2nd overall to behind the consistent group C in the TCLs. Didn't care though - so much fun racing a whole bunch of different folk.

As always love caning the Sierra around, and great to have dices with folk in the V8s you normally wouldn't come across in the race.

What's the verdict on whether Bathurst is possible?
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/23/2012, 9:32 pm

I don't think we can even them up us well at bathurst but we will certainly give it a crack maybe the week before Bathurst as race date
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 7/24/2012, 1:01 pm

Sounds like I missed a good one. Was keen, but have been busy with family stuff. Sister's ex is a nutter! Spent the night at her place.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum