Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Eastern Creek Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Eastern Creek Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Eastern Creek Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Eastern Creek Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Eastern Creek Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Eastern Creek Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Eastern Creek Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Eastern Creek Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Eastern Creek Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Eastern Creek Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Eastern Creek

5 posters

Go down

Post Eastern Creek Empty Post Eastern Creek

Post by racer69 8/20/2012, 5:24 pm

A great turnout of people to race last night, well done to all drivers Smile

QUAL - I had a good session but wasn't able to get that perfect lap and qualified third behind Corty's Sierra and GCA's pole-winning BMW M3

Race 1 - This was a cracker. I got a poor start but got back to third by turn 2 behind Corty and GCA. GCA was all over Corty on the first lap but lost out on the main straight in which i was able to get by into turn 1, before GroupC then got me back braking for turn 2.

This track really evened up the Sierra and M3, and next lap round i got GCA again on the main straight and was able to hold 2nd around the rest of the lap, so managed to pull out abit of a comfort zone down the straight next time by. Corty was getting away a little bit, as far as 2 secs at one point while GCA was keeping me watching my mirrors

Towards the latter stages of the race we started to catch Corty, presumebly as his tyres were fading. With 3 to go we were right behind, and i had a few goes to get past by Corty was doing a great job defending. GCA got past me and then started looking for a way around Corty himself with me looking for a way around both. Going into the last lap i managed to get back up to 2nd, and then had a dive underneath Corty to take the lead but ran wide allowing both back through. I then watched GCA get past Corty only to be outdragged to the line, with me just behind in third.

A really great race, Corty & GroupCAction drove really well and it was a great battle

Race 2 - I was unsure originally whether i would make the full distance, so planned on doing a pitstop with 2 laps to go. When Corty ran off on lap 1 it let GCA through into the lead with me following. I tried very hard to get past the M3 and get a lead but GCA was driving so well, i could keep in touch but not really gain. Over the first half of the race the gap stayed around 2-3secs, but as the tyres wore on the Sierra the gap started to grow.

I made a little mistake at turn 4 at about three quarters distance which widened the gap. I found though that was the tyres wearing and the pace slowing, it meant i wasn't using as much fuel, and was just able to make the finish with no stops and no 'fuel saving', which was good.

A really great nights racing it looked for all

Next event is the Sandown 500 event in September
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Eastern Creek Empty Post Eastern Creek

Post by Berlsy 8/20/2012, 6:14 pm

qualified well in 4th place behind the sierra's and grpc

r1 - got off the line well and was 5th fighting with shano for the first lap. passed shano at the hairpin but after a few laps he got back passed me. couldn't keep pace with shano so settled for 5th but towards the end of the race my front tyres were fried. had pete closing the gap on me and for the last 2 laps he was all over me. just managed to hold on to 5th spot

r2 - totally buggared the start and got a drive through. from then on drove my ass off and came home in 7th

good to see shayn back again, you better dust the cobwebs off that skyline and get her ready for sandown mate Laughing

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post Eastern Creek Empty Re: Post Eastern Creek

Post by Guest 8/20/2012, 7:57 pm

Missed race 1.

Started race 2 from the back of the grid. Couldnt see the lights but managed to get away better than a couple down the back. At T2 a few went wide and after 2 laps I'd made up 5 or 6 places.
Settled in after a few laps, and sat in behind shano and Corty. Managed to get past a 635 cleanly, which wasn't a hard thing to do, despite what you hear. Shano and Corty wen't particularly fast but I got a run on Shano and he let me go fairly easily into T4. Caught Corty very quickly, but he was all over the place, driving fairly erratically. Tapped him a few times as a result. Managed to sneak up the inside at the start of the last sector and then a lap or so later I had a half spin and he got back past. Finally got past on the 2nd last lap and finished 3rd.

Good race, enjoyable for the most part.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 8/20/2012, 10:09 pm

Couldnt get any qually laps right so had to settle for 2nd, but I must say I was supprised to see how quick GrpC went, well done !

Race 1 was a classic and a race I wont forget in a hurry.
Got off to a great start really and managed to get a lead on GrpC & racer.
Was very fast in the 1st half of the race but tyres went off very quickly after that.
Racer got into 2nd place and caught me after a few laps and at this stage I thought the race was gone. I managed to change my corner speeds and power down at good times and worked for a little while, Racer got past in the last sector and I managed to get the power down quicker off the last corner and got the lead back on the front straight. While all this was going on GrpC was also catching and put pressure on Racer which probably gave me some breathing space, then like racer said on the last lap GrpC got past us both, by this stage my rear end was all over the place as the tyres were cooked ! But managed to get 1st back just before the line.
This replay is a must watch !!

Race 2, I made a few changes to try settle the rear tyres from burning out and last most of the 18 laps.
Over shot the 1st corner and went from the lead to about 6th or 7th and managed to get back to 3rd not too far later, but thats as far as I could get as racer and GrpC were already 8sec or more up the road and I knew I had to save fuel.
Had mozza coming up from behind and once again couldnt do anything but try and defend as was saving fuel and tyres were going off again. Copped a few taps from mozza behind me and after a while he through one up the inside at turn 9 but got a pretty good run out of the turn and the power of the sierra got me up along side again but mozza came across (not sure to run me out of room or didnt know I was there ?) and tapped my car over into the fence, not sure if there should have been a redress or not ? but anyway didnt happen.
By the 2nd last lap I knew the fuel was touch and go with only 11 or 12L left and the start of the last lap was only 5L left, so basicly crawled on the last lap with Benny not far behind. I made sure I had a litre of fuel left for the front straight and made it home to finish 4th.

Great racing from most and also enjoyed most of the night !!
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 8/21/2012, 8:37 am

Well that was an epic race meeting!!! Haven't had a ding dong like that in along while!!

Quali: After seeing the pace of Corty n knowing how super quick Racer is, i was alittle surprised to stick the M3 on pole. I knew if i could Quali up the front the M3 could race these Sierras.

Race 1: Got as good a getaway as i could... Held the lead into T1 but Corty wrapped me up around the outside. I tried to make my move on Corty early in the first lap but to no avail. Down the front straight for the first time Racer blasted past me and i fell back to 3rd. I was really just clinging onto the Sierra's at this stage.
Corty was running away and Racer was slowly pulling in back in. Mid race was where it all started to turn for me, Racer was now all over Corty and both looked like they were struggling for mid to exit corner grip while my tyres were in alot better nick.

A few laps later it was ON!! The 3 of us having a great battle... I knew both these boys race hard n fair so there was no chance of them taking each other out so i had to stay close n apply the pressure. Going into the last lap i thought 1st was gonna be a tough tough ask but once i grabbed Racer i knew Corty could be dive bombed into the last turn. I got the run on him into the last turn, got it done but down the long front straight he got me back n Racer then almost got me for 2nd. I held on for a very enjoyable 2nd. Smile ear to ear!!

WD boys... That was epic!!! I won't be forgetting that race anytime soon!! That was hard hard racing, a few taps here in there but good ol' ATCC spec racing!! Very Happy

Race 2: Got another good getaway but again Corty got me into T1. He outbroke himself into T2 which let me n Racer through. From there it was all about keeping him at bay. He stuck with me for the first half of the race before i think tyres came into it again. The M3 had tyre drop off but nothing like the Sierra's i think had. I slowly pulled away to grab the win... Stoked with the 2 races was a really good fun night in the M3.

Looking forward to the EVO making its debut at Sandown!
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/21/2012, 11:29 am

I wasn't think I couldn't run in this event and to be honest always struggle at this track and never enjoy the nights here. But about 20 mins pre qual found I was able to run so jumped on with the plan to race first race at least and decide about race two after the first.

Race One
I'm getting slowly quicker and more consistent in these cars but I really do struggle on cold tyres took me a lap to be confident with the grip and start. Race one didn't go as planned I had reasonable speed but got involved with V8player out braking himself into turn 2 ( not a dig all good knew it was complete accident). From here I worked really hard on taking Group C advise an just tried to be super smooth and brake nice and early for each corner. Came up behind Wobbly who had destroyed the tyres in the M3 and got through and pretty much held the gap in front to Billy bob until about a lap two laps to go where the mediums on the front softs on the rear went all wrong.

Race Two
Better start this time and settled into a good pace behind Peter308 and Billy Bob. I sat back just enough that they wouldn't be concerned about me as I didn't want to get into a battle for position and use more tyres and fuel at this point of the race. Had the Hards on all round this time and they were hanging on well managed the fuel early on make sure wasn't going to run into trouble with it. Around lap 12 ish I think car was still strong and had noticed Billy and Peter308 coming up behind Wobbly who was starting to struggle. I decided it was time to push and try and make a move while they were getting held up a little by Wobbly. By the end of the lap was right on Peter and got lucky when Wobbly pitted leaving me not being held up at all. Was just starting wind up the pressure a little when he had a slide and I was able to pounce and get through. Billy Bob was next in the cue and cruised up behind Billy and was looking for a spot that I could get though cleanly. On the run to though turn one and into turn two realised at this point of the race my car was a little stronger but on this lap I would be to far back to make the move. For the rest of the lap I made sure I was right with Billy and did my best to get out of the final turn to try be back close enough by the time we got to turn 2. I was and it stick but only just with Billy on the inside for the next right hander was able to get it hooked up a little better as we were heading up the hill. Tyres Were still great at this point and I wanted to pull a little gap on billy as I knew we wasn't going to lie down and except the position I had taken. I pulled a bit of a gap and then found shano had come off and I was only a second or so down. I pushed that little harder again as I thought he would be in fuel consumption mode I might be a chance to get his spot, but in the process I worked the tyres too hard and suddenly the times dropped off and billy was coming on strong again. Around this time Shano Pitted anyway I had to cool the tyre a little at this point which allowed billy to close in but I was just driving it to a gap where I didn't think he would be able to attack. Last lap Corty was nearly out of fuel and I decided to have a crack I knew I wouldn't be able to hold him out on the straight so was hopping to push him a hard enough on that he would cough and splatter heading out of the last corner or on the run to the line. Didn't happen and Got 5th. Had a great battle with Peter and Billy Bob pretty much all race long without rubbing a single panel so glad I ended up making this race.

I know 5th big isn't a big deal but for me on this track especially was for me. I have been slowly getting close to the majority of you guys (Aliens Excluded) in this mod in practice but not being able to match your consistency during the race. Was Really happy with my performance in race 2
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum