Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Sandown Enduro Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Sandown Enduro Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Sandown Enduro Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Sandown Enduro Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Sandown Enduro Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Sandown Enduro Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Sandown Enduro Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Sandown Enduro Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Sandown Enduro Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Sandown Enduro Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Sandown Enduro

+8
TTR Benny
grunter67
DV_8
BillyBob
Berlsy
shano
KKR kwik-kiwi
racer69
12 posters

Go down

Post Sandown Enduro Empty Post Sandown Enduro

Post by racer69 9/9/2012, 8:33 pm

What a great turnout of people tonight, was great to see Smile

A shame for me to be starting the thread at this time, got a disconnection on lap 20 ... darn internet lol

Until then had been a very interesting race, got a good start and had a great battle with Corty in the opening few laps, swapping positions a few times. Corty started to get the gap out to about 2secs when i spun at turn 1, dropping me to third behind Berlsy. Had a great little dice with Berls before i managed to slide ahead at turn 1, only spin again a few laps later and drop to 4th behind shano, who i also had a good little dice in.

I stopped at the end of lap 18, left the pits and three quarters of a lap later everyone disappeared, then got disconnected on lap 20

Hope everyone had a good race, roll on Bathurst Smile

racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Sandown Enduro Empty Re: Post Sandown Enduro

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/9/2012, 9:17 pm

First TCL race in a long time... had a great night... finished 4 laps down but had a heap of fun... Thanks "Sunday Guys"

kiwi kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 9/9/2012, 9:47 pm

well tha twas ace turnout for tcl nite... saweeet

qualy i did fa as usual lol... corty smashed it alien style....

race had no pace to run wit corty racer and bersly ate me for dinner ya bitches lol....

but had a great nite wit a few little dices along the way wd to all......

good to see kiwi slingin a lap and finishin even though i think he fitted no puff engine in lol... whoops...

bl to racer for disco and billy and dp action for runnin outta fuel....

bathurst will be interestin... a few of us be runin the enduros with the tasxi brigade so that be interesting too....

and grp c you did well finishin 4th considering ya a piss head all day and racing drunk lol....

and mozza i didnt see ya once ya poof for a change lol....
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/9/2012, 10:01 pm

Like shano said. Good turnout. Hopefully we get the same for the Bathurst round.

Quali - PB'd it into the 14's I think. Quali'd 7th or something.

Race - Got a great start. Got past DV in the lag-infested 31. Diced with him for a few laps, put a new aero package in his rear bumper. Sorry bro lol. Spun in the first few laps and had to play a bit of catch up. Was racing around with billy for most of it, 5 or so seconds off him.
GroupC popped in for a battle with the pair of us for a bit, before his gaylord mobile took off. Caught up to Billy and stopped cos he was holdin me up a bit. Put in a fast stint at the end and just when I thought Billy was gonna get to the end he ran outta fuel. Cruised to the end in 6th.

All good, hope to maybe run some V8 Taxis too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 9/9/2012, 10:02 pm

had a top nights racing, i really like the longer racers, gives the commo more of a chance against the sierra's

qualified pretty good, 4th behind sierra's as usual

started well and got passed shano into turn 1. tried to keep up with racer and corty but had no hope. passed racer a few laps later when he had a spin and had a tops little battle trying to keep him behind. was hoping to do a one stopper but had to come in for a splash with 4 laps to go. stoked to bring the big commo home in 2nd behind corty.

can't wait for bathurst, 2 hours around there will be tops, hopefully we get a massive turnout for that one to cheers

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBob 9/9/2012, 10:21 pm

Had a fun nite.. awesome turnout and great racing. Had some good battles with killer.. mozza grpc and dv... it was action from flag to running out of fuel lol... i was gonna stop but was having too much fun!
Hope to see everyone again next round.
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 9/9/2012, 11:44 pm

Struggled with a bit of understeer, which made it a bit difficult as it could quite easily kill my run out of the corners. Qualifying was pretty bad I was a good half second off my best.

In terms of the race I think I couldn't have finished any higher, the Sierra was too fast, the Commodore was a little quicker and much better on fuel and the Evo didn't have to stop twice. I had a dodgy start and had to put up with Mozza for a little while but I managed to get away and started to do some good laps. My second stint was okay until I made a mistake just before my second stop and lost a good 5 seconds. I came in for my second stop around lap 39 and I decided to try and save time by not taking tyres. But because of my worse than expected fuel consumption I only saved 2 seconds. I had a good battle with Billy through to the end and my tyres were not too good by the finish.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by grunter67 9/10/2012, 7:02 am

thanks for the great racing, only lasted a few laps due to damage from inexperience! had a great time though. looking forward to the mountain:)
grunter67
grunter67

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 9/10/2012, 8:29 am

Had a pretty long day with a bit going on and couldn't keep myself at the level I need to run the speed I had achieved in practice.

So I decided my best shot was to short shift the race and attempt to get it done with one stop instead of the two most others were doing. First stint looked after the fuel perfectly and got to the half way mark, I had the hard tyres on and worn them a massive 9% in the first half of the race. Put mediums on for the second half and they could have last all race as well with the way I was driving the car. People started to stop for the second stop and it become aware the only person I was really racing against was Growler. Killer made his stop and forgot to turn damage off he was suddenly in the mix too. This was my undoing I pushed to try pressure him for about a lap in this time I un did my hard work leaving me 0.2 of lap short of making the distance so had to stop at start of the last lap.

Had good fun and proved to be the distraction I needed but a bit disappointing with the improvement I have shown over previous few rounds.

Hopefully we can repeat the numbers at bathurst

Well done to Corty Berlsy and shano
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 9/10/2012, 9:37 am

I had a good nights race even though the Rover is down on power against the turbos etc.
I have a good setup for the Rover where it’s not too hard on tires…but I did have to run extra hards.
I stuffed the start up by trying to go around a stationary Evo3 and spun into the wall (Cold tires!).
Managed to get to around 11th in the first stint. I couldn’t catch the fast cars so was just aiming for a top 10 finish.
Towards the end I had a chance of catching Benny for 8th or 9th place so pushed harder. I had plenty of fuel and good tires so just had to do some clean laps. On the last couple of laps Benny had to grab some fuel which was a shame as I was right behind him for a good battle. I enjoy the endurance racing so should be there for Bathurst.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 9/10/2012, 9:38 am

shano wrote:well tha twas ace turnout for tcl nite... saweeet

qualy i did fa as usual lol... corty smashed it alien style....

race had no pace to run wit corty racer and bersly ate me for dinner ya bitches lol....

but had a great nite wit a few little dices along the way wd to all......

good to see kiwi slingin a lap and finishin even though i think he fitted no puff engine in lol... whoops...

bl to racer for disco and billy and dp action for runnin outta fuel....

bathurst will be interestin... a few of us be runin the enduros with the tasxi brigade so that be interesting too....

and grp c you did well finishin 4th considering ya a piss head all day and racing drunk lol....

and mozza i didnt see ya once ya poof for a change lol....
I find this too hard to read!
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by peter308 9/10/2012, 12:37 pm

use google translate and change from english to jibberish lmao its all good shano i can read this no probs lol!

peter308

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 9/10/2012, 12:54 pm

yeah wat pete said...

sorry next time i will hand it in to benny to get approval before posting... my bad lol
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/10/2012, 3:00 pm

About the pitstops / damage... I couldn't turn repair damage off??? it just said N/A and wouldn't select it???
Is that a Sierra thing? or have I missed something.... those 50 second pit stops didn't help last night either...
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/10/2012, 3:04 pm

Lol shano I always told you that you're a gibbering idiot! Lmfao

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 9/10/2012, 4:16 pm

lol mozz yeah i am lol... is just how i roll...
kiwi i not sure wat happenin wit damage i can select not to repair it on myn
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 9/10/2012, 6:03 pm

I typed a long spiel last night and it disappeared when I tried to post it. Grrrrrr! Well, here's what i remember...............

Missed qually because i had to re d/l the add ons to recognise the M3 Evo, this is odd because I definately had them, i know this because i'm the one who sent them to Ben to upload. Confused!

Didn't matter anyway, my PB in practice would have put me near the back anyhow.

Made a good start, a few around me didn't, got up to 11th on the first lap from 16th on the grid! I enjoyed this and wasn't sure how long it would last. I was really happy to see the pack sort of stay together for a couple of laps, that was great.

I had a good race with V8Video in the early stages and Kwik kiwi too, after a while they got ahead and then i was way back on my own when i pitted just near half distance. I started on mediums all around and the backs were like new when I stopped, but the fronts went off a lap before i came in, so new mediums on the front and some softs on the rear, new PB a couple of laps later!

I seem to fall off the track everytime a faster car comes up to lap me, but last night it only happened every second time. Smile

With 18 laps to go i was last by a long way with 18 laps in the tank, with 4 laps to go i had 4 laps in the tank, but Kiwi was catching me fast after making his second stop. I couldn't afford to stop again, but I knew he would catch me if i backed off to save fuel. He caught me a lap later, with 3 laps to go i was dead last, with two laps in the tank. I finally realised it was time to back off the revs, short shift and go easy on the throttle, but it was too late. The car ran out of fuel at Dandy Road and coasted to a halt on the last lap, with two corners to go. So Growler came around and pushed me to the finish line, what a legend!

Not a good result, but a lot of fun. I really enjoyed this race.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 9/10/2012, 6:41 pm

Top Night and turn out with a few more than normal turning up.
Got my PB in my last lap in Qually and put me on poll.
Had a great start off the line holding 1st place, took a little bit for the tyres to warm up at the start and had a great battle with racer. Made a few mistakes here and there and one of them nearly took me out of the race, other than that I committed to a 2 stopper before the race and I think thats what won me the race. There nothing worse than short shifting most of the race and turns out you have to stop anyway. I did get a little worried with about 4 or 5 laps to go and berlsy hadnt pitted yet and I was about 4-5 sec behind, but then he pitted and I cruised home.

Well done Berlsy and Shano for 2nd & 3rd and the rest that finished.

Unlucky with the drop out Racer, I feel ya pain as its happened to myseft more than enough times.

Onto Bathurst !!
Not one of my best performing tracks going by my history, but I love it.
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 9/10/2012, 9:12 pm

corty..Onto Bathurst !!
Not one of my best performing tracks going by my history, but I love it.
shano.... woooo bathurst is now 3 hrs guys..... this is gonna be mega .......
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum