Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.

+12
KKR kwik-kiwi
Yaystenny
teiresias
Growler
TTR Benny
dano
TTR-Chrisrx
scott39
CortyGT
David Paterson
groupcaction
shaynskyline
16 posters

Go down

Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Empty Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.

Post by shaynskyline 10/14/2012, 8:34 pm

Hope you all had a good race.

Turn 1 Lap 2 i drove through Benny's car then he and everyone else disappeared. Connection Lost.
Hasnt happened for two weeks.

F******* Mutha F******

Im gonna go break something.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  Empty Re: Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.

Post by groupcaction 10/14/2012, 9:09 pm

Same with me Shayn... Mine just dropped out. Came out of the pits behind DP, he disappeared then Mozza disappeared. I havent had a CTD in ages!! Weird... Must be the track or something or numbers Crying or Very sad
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 10/14/2012, 11:38 pm

I had a great time. There's no way I could have done it on my own. My co-driver was new member Teiresias, he was 6s a lap faster than me. Very uneventful race, just cruised around, staying out of trouble, set numerous PBs in the first stint and two more in the second. Had some fun dicing with ORV8VP & Scott 39.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 10/15/2012, 1:44 am

Shocked WOW !! Shocked
Well im still stunned that ive come up and won the 3hr Bathurst race king
I came into the race just hoping to finish and for a podium place at best and with Webbers pace in the 2:13s I didnt thing my self or anyone had a chance to beat that.

Got 2nd for Qually behind Webber, but I was running very tall gears and to get it off the line and also out of the pits I had to drop the clutch for the first part of the take off then hit the clutch again for the 2nd part so it didnt bog down. I stuffed it on the first start but got it right on the restart.

I made the decision not to bother with saving fuel before the race as I didnt know how many laps we were going top do anyway.
I think webber was trying to save fuel from the start which allowed me to grab the lead going up the mountain and also racer got by as well.
From here was taking it easy trying to maintain the gap between me and racer which was around the 4 to 6 sec mark for most of the first half of the race. I alway thought that webber had to do a pitstop less and would take the lead at the end in the last stint. I was playing with the tyres (hards and Very hards) in the stints and worked out that the hards were the go for me. This is where the gap started growing between me and racer.
I managed the keep the car clean the hole race and never had to fix damage, so the car still had the pace at the end that I started with.
The chance of a win started creeping in with a hour to go but still new that a had to do one more pit than Webber. I pitted a lap early on my second last pitstop filled the car with fuel and fresh tires, did about 4 laps and came back in for a top up and no tyres which was an 8sec stop. I think this was the key for the win for me and was able to get to the end of the race from there. The nerves started creeping in with about 3 laps to go, but keeped it together.

Well done to Racer69 and Webber for the podium spots
And also well done to all that finished, especially the ones that did it alone.
Also the lapped cars did a great job, which makes it alot easier.
Bad luck to those that disconnected, I was lucky as my internet went to shart in the middle somewhere but came back a few laps later, I think I saw my ping at 2000 at one stage.

This will go down as my best win yet and will be hard to top.
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scott39 10/15/2012, 2:35 am

Hey guys. Great nights racing. I struggled with an oversteering Commodore all night esp at Turn 2 and had a couple of big offs. My arms wanted to drop off after sawing the wheel for 3 hrs lol. Awesome drive Corty Racer69 Webber and everyone else. I know how the privateers used to feel looking in the rear view mirror all night. Those Sierras were coming up mighty quick and there's not much room over the mountain for passing so it was a real challenge. Don't think I'll run the Commodore for 3hrs again. No Might go down a class or 2 next time and find something a bit tamer. A great drive from Mozza in class 2 beating up on a few Commodores as well. Very Happy Cheers all. Laughing

scott39

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 10/15/2012, 8:28 am

had some fun dicing with the rover and a merc early on before they both bolted away and then scott and V8VP along the way but like daves race it was mainly by myself and trying to keep the gaps and stay out of the sierras way.
I was pitting for softs in the beema every stop, roughly 20sec stops except for my first stint which was mediums and just kept same tyres for 2nd stint but they lost me alot of time.
My gearing was all wrong aswell with my 6th gear being more like an over drive gear and maxxing out around 250k on the straight.
great driving by all and can't wait for the next one but might invite someone over to steer as 3hours with 1 person is along time!
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 10/15/2012, 8:49 am

Major bummer skyline, after running those laps in practice I thought we might be in for a bit of a tussle. Brick and I were totally enjoying the race till lap31 for us when racer vanished as he went past me on conrod straight. I thought either it's the aliens have beemed him up or we've been disconnected.
We were looking like making a race of it, starting 17th and running as high as 12th. Such a pity to have it end early.
I feel like this is unfinished buisness. I'm going to have to make up for it in the TTR vs XGN bathurst meeting coming up on the 18th.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 10/15/2012, 9:19 am

Did think I was going to be able to run but managed to be home in time and the thought about it and worked out the distraction would be good.

Firstly two sorrys the confusion with qual during the day Liveracers on the day was our plan but was unable to delete previous data being I was out all day couldn't do anything about it.

Secondly the top ten shoot out with the 635 kicking half the field right as Corty as starting his pole lap. When I set the server up I have to pick series IE all ATCC and Bathurst vehicles, we all know not to use the 635 but someone else didn't so which caused the problem. I'm going to remove the 635 files from the server so people shouldn't be able to get in in the future.

I teamed up with kwik-kiwi and he had adapted the setup during the day to make a suit as both. My Turn to start as Kiwi had done it the last week in the v8's Got a reasonable start had some drama's being unable to see aus-chris's car was racing with Growler and chris but all I could see of chris was his name tab and a square shadow Made it pretty hard going early on not to make contact. Once I Aus-chris had a spin I was free to race hard again and Growler and I were having a great battle early on. I had great speed on the rover coming down the mountain but the V8 in a straight line was killing me. Mid way through the first stint trying to stay as close as I could coming through forest elbow had a massive slide and lost 4 seconds to growler. Suddenly had Sonofa in the sierra and it took me a few laps to break clear and set out after Growler and had closed right back as he pulled in for fuel. I stopped the lap after and exited just in front of Growler.

Handed over to kiwi at this point and very similar to what happened to me with the v8's the week before the car felt complete wrong to him. It was suddenly really loose coming over skyline he had a spin. At this point we discussed the setup possible being wrong so he I took back over and he left to make sure it was assigned correctly and rejoined to complete the stint. At the V8 round I found when I took over the car felt terrible too but I all race I struggled with it I think it is all that sitting around at the start and having to suddenly jump in and go. I took the chance the chance to leave the race and fix my problem with not being able to see aus-chris at this time.

For the rest of the race we pushed along trying to close the gap on Growler and Sonofa up front of us. At around half and hour to go I made some a couple of mistakes as well as my last ten minute run to the flag but we were never going to catch Growler and sonofa at this point or be caught by scott behind us.

Had a great night again really enjoy the long format Once again thanks for teaming up Craig hopefully you might want to drag the merc out for some more runs on Sunday.

WD to Corty Racer69 and webber on results also great drives by Mozza in the little merc and beating home the faster V8's also Peter308 for dragging back a great result after a hotswap issue early on

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 10/15/2012, 9:35 am

With Drop outs I don't think it was the server I think Possiblely the track. Did everyone that drop out do it on mountain straight not long after turn one. We had FPS issues through pitstraight and Turn 1 early on wondering if the load along pitstraight resulted in people getting kicked. I will make some server changes before the TTR v XGN just in case
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 10/15/2012, 10:09 am

TTR Benny wrote:With Drop outs I don't think it was the server I think Possiblely the track. Did everyone that drop out do it on mountain straight not long after turn one. We had FPS issues through pitstraight and Turn 1 early on wondering if the load along pitstraight resulted in people getting kicked. I will make some server changes before the TTR v XGN just in case

Yeah mine happened coming out of the pits... DP disappeared then reappeared... I then chased down Mozza, then he disappeared at around the cutting then it dropped out at Sulman Park.

Weird Benny... I never have dropouts, so i was assuming it was a track issue
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 10/15/2012, 12:27 pm

Well…that’s the longest race I have done by myself. I thoroughly enjoyed it but I’m having a hell of a day trying to stay awake!
The Rover isn’t fast around here, but it is stable and predictable over the top but slow in a straight line compared to the Sierras. It’s OK on tires (When I’m not 2-wheeling it!) but very thirsty.
The start was OK. I managed to get it off the line, but got held up by a Commodore. Once the traffic thinned out it was all on between Benny and myself. I knew I had the legs on him up the mountain, but he always reigned me in over the top. It reminded me of the last few laps at this year’s Bathurst. It was a shame when he lost it because it would have been a great fight!
I then settled in to do consistent laps just keeping out of trouble. I was in 9th for most of each stint, however when it was down to around 2 – 3 laps before I had to pit in, I would slingshot to 7th as Sonafa and Peter308 pitted.
I was hoping this was the case with the last stint…but I needed a few more laps.
I did have a couple of scary moments when Corty passed me, then warped all over the place hitting me a couple of times, but then came right, and then I sneezed at the cutting which made me spin!
Bring on the 90min race!
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by teiresias 10/15/2012, 12:49 pm

Well I was pretty happy with how my first race went. I was running with David and he did a good job keeping out of trouble, inculding narrowly missing a spinning Commodore in Griffins Bend (scott39, i think) - god my heart was in my mouth for that moment.

I did three half hour stints, I was a bit nervous on my first one, I'd never raced online before and its very different to racing offline, and although I found David's setup to be quite good, I had a bit of trouble adapting to his different gear ratios and I accidently pulled the wrong gear a couple times, but I gradually became more comfortable and I started to pick up my pace.

My second stint was much better, save for a huge incident late on. Corby was about to lap me coming into the chase and I didn't want to delay the leader, but I pulled over just a bit too far and I possibly challenged Jim Koegh's record for world's longest spin across the gravel - but somehow I ended up facing the right way without losing too much time. I think Corby apologised to me, but he had to no need to, I should have back off a bit earlier to let him by. But lesson learned.

But I really got into it in my last stint, getting close to my offline times and managing fuel comsuption to bring it home 13th.... I've never been so happy to finish 13th in anything. I really respect how good all those privateers were over the years at Bathurst, keeping out of the way of the leaders, I can only remember a couple of incidents off the top of my head. It's really tricky when you are caught over the top.

I'm definetly looking forward to my next race! Thanks heaps for having me everyone!

teiresias

Back to top Go down

Post by teiresias 10/15/2012, 12:51 pm

Oh, and of course well done Corty! It blew me away how quick you and the other leaders were!

teiresias

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaystenny 10/15/2012, 2:16 pm

Good clean race guys, good job to everyone especially CortyGT, racer and webber. Well my night went as planned. First time i played rfactor in 2 weeks but i managed to get up to speed quick and was happy doing 15's and even happier qualifying 3rd. Had a good run at the start racing the leaders (good clean racing guys!) but i simply could not keep the pace without making mistakes. I just ended up plotting along running my own race experimenting with tyres. Floydie came in and took over but had setup issues for his first stint. His second stint went alright and the car was randomly better. We were just fighting to try and stay on the lead lap, which didn't last for to long. Floydie handed back over to me for the last 7 laps and it was like a causal Sunday drive in a sierra being about a minute 40 from anyone. Good racing, i'm sure you will see more of me in the future

Yaystenny

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 10/15/2012, 2:48 pm

Pretty much what Benny said.....

Had an absolute shocking first two laps of my first stint... came right later in the race but still had the odd incident...

Thanks Benny for the opportunity to team up Red Race ... and I will definitely do the odd Sunday / TCL again... not sure about a 3 hour on a Sunday though Sleep 1.30am finish here then too amped to sleep... was a long day at work today.

WD Gorty, Racer and Webber... and well done to all who ran (finishers and the unlucky alike)

Great turn out and some new faces... would love to see some (or all) of you on our other nights as well

kiwi kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 10/15/2012, 3:49 pm

Great nights racing as usual, from what i saw i thought everyone drove extremely well, be it when competing for position or when cars were lapping or being lapped.

Was great to see some new faces and regulars return, a great sized grid too.

My race;

In qualifying i was struggling to get into the 14s, the best i did was a 2m15 dead just before the shootout. I had a scrappy Top Ten lap, messed up Griffins Bend but my 2m16 was enough to get 4th on the grid, which was kind of where i expected.

RACE:

I got a good start but as i tried go around Corty i got abit of wheelspin and nearly hit Yaystenny, this let Shano past me and i was 5th into Hell Corner. I got past Shano coming out of the Dipper on lap 1 and already the sprinters at the front had a 4sec lead. The gap was kind of the same for the next few laps and i was prepared for a chasing race.

Around mid-stint i think there was abit of battling going on and i was able to close in, and managed to get past Yaystenny & Webber and start chasing Corty who was around 5secs in front...... about 30 laps later the gap was still the same Smile

It was abit like last years TCL Bathurst when i was chasing Webber, me and Corty seemed to be doing very similiar laptimes with few mistakes, however around mid-distance Corty really got into his stride and starting taking a few tenths per lap, with Webber coming up quick in third.

I was still in 2nd place when i made my last stop on lap 66 having not conserved fuel all race and just done the standard 11 lap stints. By now Corty was more than 30secs infront and Webber was about 15secs behind.... i had estimated the race would go about 78 laps so I tossed up coming in on the next lap to top up, but decided to conserve fuel and make the 12 laps to the end.

Me conserving fuel meant Webber came out right behind me after his final stop, we had a good little dice (sorry for going so slow through the coners Web, i was going a gear higher and shifting early to save fuel) but Webber pulled off a fantastic pass around the outside under brakes at the Chase. From there i took it easy to make sure i had enough fuel to get to the end. Ultimatly i should have done the splash and dash, but i don't think it would have made too much of a difference

A fantastic dominant drive by Corty, a well earned win, just too fast on the day. Also congrats to Mozza on winning the small car class in the Merc

Gold Coast event next Sunday night.

racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwibrick 10/15/2012, 5:25 pm

I teamed up with Dano for my first run on a weekend event.
I rocked round to dano's place and we did driver swaps for real, making sure not to rip out dangling cords left right and centre while jumping in and out of the seat!

Dano got a solid start and handed the M3 over to me in perfect shape at the first stop in 15 I think, a couple laps into my stint and I was being lapped by the leaders, was pretty hectic, was 110% effort for me then as I wasn't quite as comfortable with danos wheel/pedals as I didn't get enough time before hand to get used to them fully because of time contraints, I don't think I got in anyones way while lapping too badly though! Dano had been running as high as 12 and I managed to get back to 12th by my stop.
I handed the car back to dano with a slightly flatened front end after a couple of lazy slow half spins into the righthand wall on the entry to forest elbow unfortunately, then a few laps into his second stint while being passed by racer on conrod we had a quick discussion about which side of us he was going, but it appeared we had disappeared into the ether instead, a half lap or so later we got the disconnected message......
Think we could have held on to the 12th position we had but thats how it goes I guess, still had a good laugh and some fun, mozza blasting his horn while lapping us, it was dano driving to mozza, been a while since you passed me in a race lol
kiwibrick
kiwibrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/15/2012, 6:15 pm

Was a good race, bloody lonely after the first round of stops. I didn't see anyone for the rest of the race, unfortunately.
Knew from during the week that I'd be racing the VL's of Scott, Kaks and Stevo. They all definately had the early pace on me, but I was hoping that they'd run outta puff towards the end of their stints..

Quali - Didn't manage another 2:17. In fact my top 10 lap was embarressing. Didn't even deserve to be there. Was disgusted with myself.

Race - Got a good start, as usual in the merc. Didnt lose any positions but couldn't gain any as it was virtually a road block of turbo lag snotboxes and Stevo's Lebbo wagon.
Basically went toe to toe with the 3 VL's for the entire first stint. They were able to gap me up and down the hill but I'd close it up completely across the top. Had a run at Kaks at one stage but only managed to nudge him and send him sideways across skyline and down toward the dipper. Sorry man! LOL.
Managed to get past him after that. Stevo and I both rounded up Scott who looked like he was preppin for the D1 season ahead. Then the next few laps Stevo was struggling alot across the top. I pulled the pin and took a gamble, stopping a couple of laps early, hoping to jump him in the stops.
Got in and out and across the hill as quick as I could and yeh. Ended up miles ahead of him. He must've stopped and forgot to turn the old repair damage option off.

Anyway, after that it was just a matter of keeping the Merc off the walls. Pretty much in the 19's and 20's for the whole race. Lapping the odd car here and there. Laughing at the predicament Kiwibrick had put Dano in with his poxy driving. Feel sorry for ya Dano. Really do bro!! LOL.

Um. Damn. I think I ended up finishing a lap ahead of Fez in a Sierra behind me and just under a lap to Floydie/Yaystenny in their Sierra in front.
Gotta love the first non-sierra home is a Group 2er! LOL

Drive of the day I reckon goes to Pete, who must've put in quali lap after quali lap for 90 mins to go from 19th to 7th. Rescued shano's sierra from the depths of hell where it belongs bro! Nice one!

It's a shame we still get people who rock up to a big event like this having done no practice, then attempting to drive a Sierra in practice, and not even being able to do a lap without ripping it apart. Then picking an M3 and screaming setup straight away. Do what everyone else does and do your homework. It's not hard. Everyone else manages to work their way to a setup they're comfortable with. Anyway, rant over.

Thanks Benny for an awesome night. Next time I might just share the merc.... Or maybe I'll put it in the garage permanently. According to the info screen in r-factor, I've done 4,744k's in it since I started driving it! Geez!!!!!

How's this for a pic! All that's missing is 'Zilla.... DAVE!! LOL

Post Bathurst 3hr Enduro Reviews.  BathurstT1

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 10/15/2012, 7:01 pm

you talking about me moz with the M3 Laughing i was just going to use the corolla until a last minute decision to use the M3 because of a bit more speed....it didn't as the gear ratios i had were a little short. it was a long race so stuck it out.

I dont have anything against them but whats with dane and anthoney trying to get into a race that they havent practiced for or shown they can string a few clean laps together? its the same on any sever they seem to join. in practice i picked the 635 and at least was told early that it crashes the server so i havent picked it since.
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/15/2012, 7:03 pm

Nah Chris, not you mate. Not you at all. You mentioned the person I was talking about.

You did well mate, hope to see you again!

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 10/15/2012, 8:10 pm

aus_chrisrx wrote:you talking about me moz with the M3 Laughing i was just going to use the corolla until a last minute decision to use the M3 because of a bit more speed....it didn't as the gear ratios i had were a little short. it was a long race so stuck it out.

I dont have anything against them but whats with dane and anthoney trying to get into a race that they havent practiced for or shown they can string a few clean laps together? its the same on any sever they seem to join. in practice i picked the 635 and at least was told early that it crashes the server so i havent picked it since.

mozza wrote:You did well mate, hope to see you again!

Can only echo Moz here chris, you drove really well for your first time and as Mozza says hope we see more of you Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 10/15/2012, 8:29 pm

well don to cortty on the win and webb and racer... and mozz on floggin the crap outta that merc for 3 hrs lol..

qualied like mozz said discracefully lol....
race got away ok just plodded along but we had driver swap issue lol... put us bacl in last think we lost like 2-3 laps lol... pete did massive job first stint and we were pulling back a few...did another stint and swapped over all good... had to bail half way personal reasons so yeah sorry to pete for leavin but did mega job from 19th to seventh.. epic bra...
cya all at garbage goldcoast next week lol
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 10/15/2012, 8:54 pm

All that twisty stuff will really suit the Sierra
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by astrolux 10/15/2012, 11:14 pm

Well Done guys that was a blast! i had heaps of fun... even tho i disconnected on the 2nd lap.
During the week i was having really bad luck with my net, losing connection all the time. i got really annoying. now my modem is broken and i cant get it going. but i went out to my parents and got my first ever modem, which was back in 97 lol. and it still works haha, funny.
anyway now ive got it sorted i can actually race properly Very Happy

also congrats to the podium guys.. and all the others Very Happy bet you all had sore arms and arses by the end of it haha
cheers
astrolux
astrolux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum