Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Rd.14 Winton. Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd.14 Winton. Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd.14 Winton. Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Rd.14 Winton. Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Rd.14 Winton. Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Rd.14 Winton. Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Rd.14 Winton. Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd.14 Winton. Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Rd.14 Winton. Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Rd.14 Winton. Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Rd.14 Winton.

+5
kiwibrick
racer69
DV_8
CortyGT
shaynskyline
9 posters

Go down

Post Rd.14 Winton. Empty Post Rd.14 Winton.

Post by shaynskyline 11/11/2012, 9:50 pm

Great round guys. Some good racing tonight. A little more control on form. laps would be sweet though. LOL.

How'd ya go?

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Rd.14 Winton. Empty Re: Post Rd.14 Winton.

Post by CortyGT 11/11/2012, 10:03 pm

Great turn out tonight, it always makes it more fun with more on the track.
Qually = 1st
Race 1.
Bogged it down off the line got swamped, then threw it off the track at turn 5.
Got back on track near the back somewhere and worked my way back to 3rd fighting for 2nd with racer and finished 3.6sec off the lead.
Race 2.
Got a good start straight to 1st and stayed there for a while, racer was catching let him go as I was tring to save fuel, but race pace was a little too fast and the fuel wasnt going to go the distance so had to stop. Came back out the 4th and got back to finish 2nd.
Well done on the podiums Racer69 and well done all that turned up.
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 11/11/2012, 10:10 pm

Great to get through a full round this week. Yay!

Did 0 practice this week. Did a 1:30 for qual and 13th place lol.

Kicked over to race. Game crashed. Jumped back in and repeatedly joined the server.
"Current Session Closed" over and over and over and over again.

OK, ONE MORE! GOT IN FK YEAH!!! Thanks for stuffing up and restarting guys! Smile

Race 1.

Got a decent start and followed Billy Bob around for a while, was keeping with him so a while surprisingly. The VL is fast on the straight but loses time in the turns. Was on his ass for a while. Then Chrisrx caught up in the Tissue Box. Bumped into him a couple times, sorry abt that. Think i finished about 13th or so.

Just happy to get to the end without losing too many spots.

Race 2.

Got up to 9th place from 13th early. Its funny seeing Sierras behind me in an M3 for more than 1 lap. They passed eventually. Benny caught up in the Merc and troubled me for a couple laps, i think i coulda stayed ahead of him for a few more laps if i didnt spin on the first straight.
From ther it just got worse lol. Tried to drive too hard and chewed up the tyres. Fuel wasnt looking very good either. Drove on as clean as possible with a Yellow Front Left, trying to save fuel. Ended up hitting the grass a couple times and the M3 driven by Bodee eventually got by me.

Pitted on the second last lap as i wouldnt have made it. Ended up in 13th again i think. Fun round, some good racing with Bob Benny and Chrisrx.

Well done Top Guys, esp Mozza for getting the Merc to the top step in R2.
Epic drive to save fuel and be fast enough to win. WD.

Cyas for TTR v XGN @ Bathurst Enduro.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 11/11/2012, 10:29 pm

Qual- 4th was good but my time was average
Race 1 - Bad start, dropped to 9th and I managed to get through to 5th.
Race 2 - Put it in gear a bit early and nearly jumped the start ended up 6th behind Berls and Dave. Had a pretty good battle with those 2 and got pretty sick of looking at the rear of the Lusty commodore. Made a stop for fuel and put some a new set of hard fronts only on it as my rears were pretty good. Exited the pits behind Dave but struggled with the balance of the car and couldn't catch him. I think I should have left the old tyres on and had a quicker stop.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/2012, 10:56 pm

Average quali. Car felt horrible with no fuel, quali'd 2nd though, reasonably pleased given I kept all 2 wheels on the track all the time.

Race 1 - Good start, jumped into the lead, only to have racer pinch it straight away. Stayed with him, managing to catch anything he pulled out on the straights. He made a little mistake at T3/4 and I got past and pulled a little gap. After that, his tyres must've started going off cos I managed to pull a bit of a gap. Well done mate, was good to have a decent fight with a Sierra. Always a pleasure!

Race 2 - Good start again, knew I could run quite comfortably and get through on fuel and tyres. Let the gurus go past in their sierras, but sat back and watched. Pretty much caught anything they could do in the twisty parts. Managed to get past 1 Sierra and then went toe to toe with racer. Another good battle, and I managed to sneak past after a few looks over a couple of laps. Pulled a gap and then was able to keep it fairly stable. Then the pitstops happened and I was all alone. Lol. Was funny to see.

Cruised around with a near on 30 second lead, ahead of Racer and kiwibrick I think.

Oh and well done to brick, volvo from last to 3rd. Good work mate, top notch drive.

Shayn - buy a wheel ffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 11/11/2012, 10:58 pm

As others have said, fantastic turnout tonight, great racing it looked like for all Smile

Thanks also for being patient at the start of race 1 with the couple of dramas we had, and thanks to Benny for sorting it all out.

I managed to qualify in 3rd place behind the flying Corty & Mozza, and thought i had a good chance of getting amongst it in the races.

Race 1 - I made a great start, one of my best ever i think, and managed to get into the race lead. I pulled a little bit of a gap over Moz but wasn't pushing too hard and trying to keep the tyres in order. As the race wore on though the tyres were starting to give way and Moz was still there putting the pressure on and managed to make a pass. We had abit of a dice but Moz was driving superbly and got away. Corty caught me towards the end and we had a good battle and i ultimatly wound up keeping second place. Great racing with both Moz and Corty all night, really fair as well i don't think we swapped paint at all.

Race 2 - I got a poor start from P2 this time and was 5th by turn 1. I managed to battle past Bersly and Dave early on and then came up behind Moz & Corty. I got Mozza on the straight, and then outbraked Corty into the final set of corners. Given the tyres didn't hold up in race 1, i thought i will push on and see how the pace holds for everyone. This worked ok but by three quarters distance my tyres were gone and there was some great dices with the three of us, me and Corty swapped many places as Mozza snuck through and got away for another win.

Towards the end i thought i would be able to make it on fuel, but i would have run out on the last lap so i made a pitstop at the start of the last lap and ultimatly came home 6th.

A great nights racing by all, see you next week for TTR vs XGN at Bathurst.

The week after, November 25, is the final round of the 2012 ATCC Support Series, with a pair of races at Homebush.
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwibrick 11/12/2012, 7:29 am

You give me too much credit mozza, was only last to 4th! lol was pretty happy to only be 10sec down on 3rd at the end, and ahead of peter who started to breath down my neck right at the end.

I rocked up to the computer about 6mins before the start of the 2nd race and thought what the hell, I'd only done about 20laps in the Volvo a couple days before and only with lowish fuel, but I stuffed the brick full of fuel and did a couple installation laps with it before the race.

I had on mediums and didn't know if they would last so I started the race in conservation mode, tyre wise anyway, was good to go with fuel (just) slightly short shifted it through the first few laps still though just to be safe.
I took it real easy the first few laps trying to keep out of trouble and not make any mistakes.
Picked my way through a few of the slower guys then was inching up on growler & benny, think growler had a spin/half spin which let me through and I slowly built a gap over him, then I followed benny for about 10laps I think, nursing my front left the whole time, I had just decided to start trying to put some pressure on benny and he spun in front of me and I was away, was inside the top ten then and then suddenly was in 4th as whole lot of guys in front pitted.
From then on was a lonely race until 2-3laps to go when peter started rapidly catching me, he had obviously done a better job keeping his tyres together, but I managed to keep it together and held on to 4th.

Was a good fun night, battles with the bricks old foe the Rover were cool Very Happy just a pity I was a bit cautious in the first 4-5laps or so, might have been able to get on to berlsy's tail if I had pushed earlier maybe.
kiwibrick
kiwibrick

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/12/2012, 8:29 am

Had Good Fun Last night didn't quite go to plan but had great battles along the way.

Qual Dumped the fuel and the car was a shocker was nearly a second down on my PB Qualed Ninth

Race 1
Got a Good start got past DV-8 on the run in to turn 3 and was following peter308 for the first lap. DV8 and Berlsy used the power in a straight line to pull on past in the opening laps and I settled in behind the three of the them. Pushing Hard through the turn 5,6,7 complex I ran wide and lost ground to the group in front. This also left Growler behind me whom had the rover working really well considering no practice or setup. We had a great battle for the balance of the race, I was able to hold on to the position till about 3 laps to go when we started really pushing for the spot. The rover was quick through the straight stuff but I was quicker through the twisty stuff and had some great side by side action managed to Get Growler as he made a mistake on the second last lap.

Was a great race really enjoyed it Growler though out this year we have raced side by side a few times and I know I do I assume you do now have the confidence to race hard knowing we rarely going to trade any paint.

Race 2
Got a shocker forgot to take it out of gear and rolled forward on the line had to quickly reverse and then missed the start. Got swamped badly ended up nearly at the back. Settled into conserving fuel all race long while getting use the little bit less grip on the extra hard's. Caught Shayn and we had a good little battle with Shayn holding me up but doing it fairly was spewing when you got on the throttle a little early and the battle ended. A few laps later found myself in a Swedish sandwich, I always pictured it as more me laying enjoying the show but turn's out to be whole lot of work with Kiwibrick and aus chris either side of me in the Volvo's. Was watching fuel with kiwi making me use a little more rev's than I need to found my self going for a lap to make a break and then easy off and let the gap close back in while in full conserve mod. With Aus Chris I was closing right in and had managed to pull a little gap over kiwi then dropped a wheel on to the Grass in the braking zone and round she went. Had to let peter go as well before I could make a safe re entry. Managed to hold on to my position from there as the stops had already played out and crossed the line with 0.2 litres of fuel left with a little cough just as I crossed the line.

Looking forward to next week at Bathurst
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 11/12/2012, 8:49 am

Was a great race really enjoyed it Growler though out this year we have raced side by side a few times and I know I do I assume you do now have the confidence to race hard knowing we rarely going to trade any paint.
Yes it was awsome fun racing you this season. Its good to know you can race hard side by side with someone knowing they aren't going to do something stupid...although accidents still can happen!

Good racing...my only gripe was when Billy Bob came back onto the track. I did T-bone him but managed to keep the Rover going. It could have been a lot worse though...
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 11/12/2012, 10:03 am

That was an awesome race by all. Like everyone's been saying, I raced side-by-side with a few people last night, and there was never any contact. Good stuff.

Qual: Same deal as Benny. I pretty much emptied the tank and ran Med's, and ran a lap almost a second slower than usual. Oh well, I started 8th.

Race I: Had a blinder of a start. Went left and made it past Chrisx's ovloV and DV's Skyline, but by then I was half in the grass and had a nice tank slapper going. Straightened out for T1 and tucked in 3rd behind Mozza and a Sierra. They ran away pretty quickly and I tried not to chase for the tyres sake. I think one of the Peter Jackson Sierra's went by me, and then Stevo's Sierra was just pacing behind me, and when my tyres started going a five lap battle for 4th ensued. Stevo was all over me and I was pushing the tyres way too much, but I managed to hold him off for a couple of laps. Then in the hairpins he made it stick around the outside of hairpin no. II, but I pulled third gear and dived across for the inside of three and managed to pull it up in time. I got an alright run out of there, so I pushed for a while to try and make a gap. I was concentrating so much on driving I didn't notice but I heard Stevo had some trouble. Tough luck mate, it was an awesome dice with you. DV's Skyline started to catch me at the end of it, but I managed to keep a hold of 4th. My highest finish and I had a bloody good fight for it, so I was happy with that.

Race II: Same deal. Good start, on the left, in the grass, slotted into 4th. I was following Berlsy and DV for a while, and I managed to gain on them while they were preoccupied going door-to-door around the whole track. I made it through eventually but they both stuck to me like glue, and again I offed the tyres trying to keep them at bay. Around lap 14 I pulled into the pits, which turned out to be a mistake. I thought I was going to do well out of it, because I rejoined 10th, but I didn't expect so many to run that long without pitting. I certainly wasn't expecting Bersly to make a VL Commo last that long! Good eco-driving, man. DV told me after I wouldn't have made it on fuel anyway, so I guess the Skyline was just a loss for that race. No worries! I came home 8th, although I was really gaining on 7th place in the closing laps. Went like mad for it, but I fell just, as in three car lengths, short of taking it.

Great driving by all, it was an awesome couple of races! See you's at Bathurst!
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwibrick 11/12/2012, 11:25 am

I must have looked like one of those big burly Swedish woman masseuses, cause almost every time I came up behind someone they flew off the track! lol

/shameless plug
Also don't forget DRM Tuesday night, these are the beastly predecessors to the Group A's and just as much fun to drive
/shameless plug
kiwibrick
kiwibrick

Back to top Go down

Post Rd.14 Winton. Empty Post Rd.14 Winton.

Post by Berlsy 11/12/2012, 4:59 pm

what a night, had a bloody ball, wasn't expecting much here vl's and tight tracks don't mix to well

missed qualy so started last, got a ripper start and passed a few before the first corner. drove flat out the whole race trying to get a decent result and suprisingly the tyres lasted too. came home 6th i think

r2 - this was a cracker of a race, started well and was 3rd by the first corner but had racer all over me and had no chance of keeping the sierra behind. from there had an epic battle with dv and dave for half the race. there was plenty of side by side action and i don't think anyone ever touched.
dave pitted pretty early so had dv all over my bumper for the next few laps till he pitted. somehow the vl was able to finish without pitting so got a few positions at the end to finish third. so to all those hippies that own a prius, buy a 5 litre vl, much better fuel economy

see ya's next week maybe cheers

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum