Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Amaroo Rd1  Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Amaroo Rd1  Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Amaroo Rd1  Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Amaroo Rd1  Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Amaroo Rd1  Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Amaroo Rd1  Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Amaroo Rd1  Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Amaroo Rd1  Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Amaroo Rd1  Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Amaroo Rd1  Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Amaroo Rd1

5 posters

Go down

Post Amaroo Rd1  Empty Post Amaroo Rd1

Post by racer69 12/3/2012, 7:34 pm

I'll hold off putting the results up on SLS for a day or two to give you guys who haven't registered a chance to do so.

A great nights racing & big field. It sounds like there was abit of action going on in the mid-pack, particularly on lap 1 of the races, so i would just remind people to take it abit easier on the opening laps, i know they are sprint races in this series, but the aim is still to finish the race.

My night;

Qual - I managed to get into the swing of the Alfa and held pole for a good deal of the session until Corty pipped me at the end.

Race 1 - Got a good start and held third behind Webber & Corty. Had a front row seat as these guys battled hard, i was trying to sneak my nose in where i could and managed to get into 2nd behind Webber, until i had a spin at Mazda House on the last lap and dropped to 4th. Great dice between us all though.

Race 2 - I got up to third at the start and spent the race battling with Corty & Chris. Very close stuff and i managed to sneak ahead of Corty mid-race. He kept the pressure on though and slipped back underneath me towards the end, so i ended up third.

Race 3 - I got a good start again and was hanging round the top 5 until i had a lose early on approaching the Dunlop Loop. I managed to climb back upto about 6th, but it was hard work with the cars pretty evenly matched.

Roll on next weekend
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Amaroo Rd1  Empty Re: Post Amaroo Rd1

Post by peter308 12/3/2012, 10:07 pm

crap on to it now boss lol Crying or Very sad

peter308

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 12/3/2012, 10:24 pm

Went for the Corolla because its a pretty fun car to drive and with the 250 HP engine its not too far off the money on circuits with no straights. Messed up in qualifying by cutting a corner in the third sector on a good lap which actually resulted in a poor sector time but because I did cut the corner I gave up my best lap and dropped a few spots.

In race 1 I narrowly avoided the mess at the start but had to go to the grass to avoid the spinning Mozza. I got a hit from behind going into the tight right hander which put me further back.

Race 2 started well I caught the cig box of Shayn but someone locked up and bumped Pete into me which resulted in me being turned around again.

Race 3 got off to a bad start as I got a hard hit in the rear on lap 2 which caused me to spin once again. I drove around on my own for the rest of the race.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 12/4/2012, 12:05 am

With a capacity cap of 2.5l I thought there'd be a few runners in the 1.6 class, but after qualifying 4s slower than anybody else, i realised that wasn't the case.

Race 1, what a **** up! I was cautious heading up the hill and then saw another Corolla doing acrobatics, i went left to avoid him, but he flew into the side of a Merc right in front of me. I slammed the picks on but still rogered the Merc. Both of us had our races stuffed before half a lap was done. After that i just drove around by myself, half a lap behind the pack.

Race 2, got a good start, but the M3 in front of me didn't, so I had to get out of it and copped a few taps on the bum going up the hill, from faster cars who started behind me. Drove as well as i could, no mistakes, 2s quicker than i managed in qually, a second quicker than Race 1 and still got lapped, in a 10 lap race. Without much cajoling i decided to put the N2 motor in, instead of the Group A motor for the last race.

Race 3, got another good start and stayed with the pack, was having a bit of a dice with Benny, we went side by side through a couple fo corners and then a light touch between us and we both spun at the final turn. No damage to my car, but sadly Benny didn't get much further. Still got lapped at the end. Damn aliens!

I think this will be a fun little series, the choice of cars & track promote very close racing and relatively easy to drive cars will narrow the gap beteen the guns and the mere mortals.

David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 12/5/2012, 7:43 am

Absolutely brilliant series Racer, can't wait for Lakeside.

Jumped in an M3 for this one, and proceeded to be trounced by racer69 and then CortyGT in the qualifying stakes.

Race 1 - Made a good start from 3rd, and as a result went head to head with Corty at T2 and T3. He got the upper hand and I had to settle for 2nd with racer69 telegraphing his intentions close behind. Before too long, racer had passed me as well, and it would've been 3rd had racer's car not decided it wanted to do gymnastics (those familiar with Roy + HG - a spinning date, with sparkle, with twinkle) around the back of the circuit.

Race 2 - Another good start, this time good enough to keep the lead and unfortunately the others were tangled up fighting each other so I got home scot free.

Race 3 - Similar story with the exception of Corty keeping the pressure up towards the end!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum