Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Rd1 - Imola Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd1 - Imola Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd1 - Imola Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Rd1 - Imola Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Rd1 - Imola Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Rd1 - Imola Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Rd1 - Imola Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd1 - Imola Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Rd1 - Imola Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Rd1 - Imola Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Rd1 - Imola

+5
David Paterson
Webber
TTR-Chrisrx
DV_8
racer69
9 posters

Go down

Post Rd1 - Imola Empty Post Rd1 - Imola

Post by racer69 2/3/2013, 9:40 pm

Fire away
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Rd1 - Imola Empty Re: Post Rd1 - Imola

Post by DV_8 2/3/2013, 10:03 pm

Had a bit of a shocker, the slowest of the commodores by a fair margin. First race was pretty average, I was having some slight computer issues, which put me off a little but not too much. Made a few mistakes and had a decent battle with Yaystenny and Billy Bob and held them off for 8th.

Race 2, had no computer issues, just got involved in other people's accidents. First lap I think Floydie put me off, he was in to the corner pretty hot but there was also an accident ahead. A few corners later V8 lost it and put me off, this one didn't cost too much time. The worst of all was Phoenix had a lose and when he tried to get fired up, I had nowhere to go and had a head on accident. Lost probably around 10 seconds but the damage wasn't too bad and I finished 11th.

I'd have to say I felt that there was far too much 4 wheels off the track business (my self included at times) and maybe that's something worth looking at for future rounds or maybe I'm just having a whinge.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 2/3/2013, 10:06 pm

great racing by all, imola is just a narrow track compared to most of the newer tracks which is why it isnt used in f1 any more, hope all the races will be this close and with the same numbers of drivers.
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 2/3/2013, 10:19 pm

Favourite car, interesting track. Probably not one of my favourite tracks, bit of a chicane fest, think it used to be a much quicker track back 20 years ago?

Anyway, I had the unfair advantage of having a V8 with lots of grunt for the uphill bits and long straights, and also being familiar with the car already. I shamelessly made use of the advantage, though still wasn't enough to knock Racer off the perch for pole.

Very impressed by Racer and aus_chrisx and yaystenny in the 4 bangers, i'm nervous already about twistier tracks if they can be in the mix in the wide open tracks.

Checked out the replay of race 2, spectacular battles between 2nd-6th pretty much!!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 2/3/2013, 10:58 pm

1991 version is heaps faster, with a lot less chicanes.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 2/3/2013, 11:52 pm

although theyre would be alot more roll overs on the 1991 chicane coming back down the hill as the kerbing was alot more unforgiving
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/4/2013, 8:31 am

Great Turnout last night I did a fair bit of practice for the event but night didn't really go to plan. Stuck the car around 8th I think on the grid and was really happy with that running a PB in qual.

Race one
For once got a good start getting a few cars on the run to the chicane, but on the exit trying to get the power down had a massive slide couldn't catch it and straight into the wall. From here the car was Crap, got going again made way back on the edge of the top ten while hounding DV8 he had a big moment and I was so close to the back I wasn't 100% if I tagged him I was then trying to type and check if I had tagged him or not missed the brake marker by 5 metres which was enough to shoot me off Wall again. Pushed to hard from here with the car in not good shape and spun again right in front of dano so sorry mate Pulled out no longer after with the car pretty un drivable.

Race two
From the back pretty much worked my way up through the field was having a great battle with Dean for about 5 or 6 laps really enjoying the myself. For the same car we had such different setups and stronger for 75% of the track but in the last sector he would real it all back in. Phenoix was in the mix as well and he unfortunately had a spin first chicane and I nailed him pretty hard as he spun back on the track (all good I did exactly same thing race one being a passenger sliding in front of dano) . Car was destroyed after that

Have to agree with DV8 with over use of the grass. I personally used the green concert of the exit of most corners and when I relook at it by doing it left me without a wheel on the bitchy There was a fair bit of use of the white concrete apron as you climb the hill. Everyone would have run wide here and there which is ok but consistent running without one wheel on the track isn't within our rules. Maybe if we have time have a look at your replays guys and you might be surprised to see where your wheels were actually sitting I know I was a little surprised.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 2/4/2013, 1:18 pm

This is one track I do enjoy.
I had a reasonably stable setup for the Rover, and could manage low 2.02’s. I ran with hards on the front and very hards on the rear. The car was a little slippery at the start but once the tires came up to temp they were fine for the whole race.

Race 1
I had a good start and managed to overtake a couple of cars by the first corner. A couple of laps in the rears hit some grass and I spun which put me back to around 16th.
I then just concentrated on running clean laps until the end. In the latter half of the race I noticed I was slowly gaining on Billy Bob. I chased him down but ran out of time. I finished 11th

Race 2
Again a good start but it is hard to hear the revs above all the other cars. I managed to avoid the carnage at the start however.
I settled into 6th (From memory) for the first few laps. I tried to make the Rover as wide as possible to keep FC Dean behind me, which worked for a lap or two, but he passed me when I left my braking too late.
I saw Dano in front of me and couldn’t allow him to beat me, so concentrated on chasing him down. I think he and benny contacted, and I passed them both.
Ended up finishing in the top 10.

Coming up the hill I was passed by a certain Mercedes that was way off track on the concrete…so agree with Benny on this too.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post Rd1 - Imola Empty Post Rd1 - Imola

Post by Berlsy 2/4/2013, 5:36 pm

what a night, had a bloody ball so much close and clean racing cheers

qualified pretty shit but couldn't get the hang of this track, should of done more practise

R1- started sixth, had a top battle with phoenix for the first few laps till he ran wide, then caught chris in the merc and had another fight trying to get by he had so much more corner speed than me but the commo had the legs down the straight. caught corty towards the end who i think had no tyres left so i got passed pretty easy and finished 3rd also had floydie glued to my bumper the hole race to so was glad to get to the finish in front of him

R2 - started 7th and stayed clear of the mess at turn 5. had an epic battle with racer, chris, billy and yaystenny for the entire race. can't remember how many times positions changed but by the end i was sweating like a pig and managed to just hold off the fast finishing racer to finish second

should be a tops series especially with the pace shown by the smaller cars here. think the big commo will get smashed when we get to the tighter tracks

see ya's next week Very Happy

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 2/4/2013, 6:47 pm

Berlsy, that was an epic run from behind and awesome last few laps holding off racer!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by FCDean 2/5/2013, 7:04 pm

Well i had a great night. I wasn't happy with myself that i tagged Chris in each race, other than that i had a great night.

Race 1. Qualified poorly had a very ordinary start, I used to nail the starts but tha last few have been woeful. I was happy I made it into 10th position thinking it would give me a good starting position for race 2. Well I guess as peoples tyres were starting to go off mine just held together because i started to gain time each lap and caught a few spinners, yaystenny for one. The m3 had it all over me and i was happy to just follow until it went spinning off. I caught Chris and his tyres were shot. I tagged him coming up the hill when he had to brake very early to make it around, lightest of taps but it was enough, i waited for him and then took most of the next lap to get past again. Without that delay i have no doubt i would have caught and passed Corty, as it was we crossed the line nearly side by side.

Race 2 highlights were battling with Benny, Growler and Phoenix in the race before catching Bob getting past then looping it on the 4th last corner on the last lap to let him back past D'OH.

I had a great time and well done to the winners.
FCDean
FCDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down