Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Rd 4 - Canada Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd 4 - Canada Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd 4 - Canada Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Rd 4 - Canada Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Rd 4 - Canada Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Rd 4 - Canada Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Rd 4 - Canada Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd 4 - Canada Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Rd 4 - Canada Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Rd 4 - Canada Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Rd 4 - Canada

+6
Growler
kiwibrick
BillyBob
CortyGT
DV_8
Webber
10 posters

Go down

Post Rd 4 - Canada Empty Post Rd 4 - Canada

Post by Webber 2/24/2013, 9:46 pm

How was your race?

Commodore had that massive straight, gave it a huge advantage. The rest of the circuit was point and squirt which suits it as well. I kept the times in the 1:47s and the car made it easy to win. All drivers I came across were very courteous, thanks guys you know who you are.

Next week at Interlagos (Brasil), it's a very twisty infield, and sustained cornering speed is important. Looking forward to the smaller cars being back in their element.

Interested to find out what happened to Corty, Racer, and Billy Bob, amongst others.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post Rd 4 - Canada Empty Re: Post Rd 4 - Canada

Post by DV_8 2/24/2013, 10:08 pm

Had a reasonable run, set my fastest lap by quite a margin in qualifying although I was up 0.35 on my first sector time on another lap and I stuffed it. Ended up 3rd on the grid.

Went for very hard tyres all around in the race and I struggled a bit with front end grip. Had a pretty good battle with Yaystenny for a good part of the race as well as Berlsy. Didn't put tyres on in the last stop so I could save 10 seconds and I managed to jump Yaystenny but even with very hard tyres they were pretty well destroyed by the end and I think I ended up in 6th.

DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 2/24/2013, 11:26 pm

WELL !!

was moving house over the last few days so had no practice, finally got to set my simulater up tonight, was ready to go about 7:15pm, didnt have the track, downloaded it, made it into the server and had 2 laps practice before qually.

Qualified 4th much to my supprise Shocked

Got to have a practice session with my race set (that I threw together), due to extended warmup (thanks for that Smile )

Race: Got good start, got to 3rd and ended up 2nd not long after that, had a ok for first stint but realised I was on wrong tyres and couldnt get the speed that I wanted, did a early pit, got onto the right tyre, was running some good/better times and was on for 2nd place for the race, UNTIL !!

All of a sudden my PC was having a heart attack of some sort ? PC
It was still in game but was glitching something shocking (unraceable) ended up on the pit exit I think ?
Im not sure if it effected anyone, but very sorry if it did Crying or Very sad
Was having a bit of a play around tying to get it going again Hit PC
Hit the old ALT, CTL, DEL buttons and went to desktop, then clicked on the game again and it fixed it affraid AND I WAS OFF AGAIN !! Very Happy

By this time I was back to 16th and a lap behind the leader, but I was going as hard as I could Angry Driver LOL

Ended up 12th, which is better than a DNF I spoze ?

Well done to the podium and great turnout cheers
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Rd 4 - Canada Empty Post Rd 4 - Canada

Post by BillyBob 2/25/2013, 5:48 am

congrats Webber.. I got dc'ed again... Crying or Very sad
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwibrick 2/25/2013, 7:12 am

I had some time last night for a change so I decided to jump on for a race.
Downloaded track and got on for about 2-3 full laps on a strange track before qually!
Chucked a setup on that I thought was 'ok', adjusted the gearing and swapped on the hard tyres and I was ready! lol

Had to make 2 gas stops on the ovlov but ran the one set of tyres the whole race, seemed to hold up ok, I think I did my fastest lap 5 or 6 laps from the end haha.
Had a couple good dices with FCDean second half of the race, I braked super late into the last corner with him up the inside of me and missed the second part of the chicane so I let him past on the start finish straight, then he fluffed on of the chicanes that lap and I was back past, gave him a tap in the first corner a couple laps later and we both got going again, was just too quick for me though and I drifted off the back of him slowly, then was a lonely few laps to 11th at the end, with a fast approaching corty I might add.

Fastest lap for me was a 51.5 I think, would have been good to get some practice/setup work in before, think I definitely could have been close to billy's pace, but ah well.
kiwibrick
kiwibrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 2/25/2013, 9:31 am

Again I had a resonable set up for the Rover, but with very hards on the rear it was easy for the rear to step out. In fact I would have gotten sideways at one point every lap!
I had a good start but spun on the first lap due to cold tires. Waited for the all the cars to pass then got going again. Managed to catch the back markers and pass a few but spun...again.
Had a good dice with David. I was quicker than him but his good driving made it hard to pass. Towards the end of the race I noted there were about 3 - 4 laps left to run so just concentrated on getting to the finish. Coming up to the start/finish line there was a couple of cars spinning and a Commodore facing the wrong way. I thought they had had a coming together and was going to go around them when the Commodore started heading right for me. I start abusing the f*** out of him when he hit me...not realising it was the end of the race!
Although the Rover is not competitive I still should be second on the class points...
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/25/2013, 11:16 am

Ended up a little disappointed last night as have reported previously have struggled getting use to the Big Skyline and coming to grips with it over the race distances. Last night I was strong in race trim all night but stuffed my race by forgetting all about damage on the pit stop and it dropped me out of any chance of getting to where I could have.

Qual Managed to PB on my last lap and stuck up the point end further than I had hoped leading into qual.

Race
Good Start but the Merc's got me first two corners which I was ok with knew I could drive on by on the straights. Let tyre pressure build up and attacked chris made the move on the back straight then set out after Yaystenny whom was a little harder to get past as he was so good out of the hairpin lap after lap but got through when he made a little mistake coming on to the straight and I was luckly enough that lap to get a heap of grip and got the job done. Closed in on DV8 and followed really close for a couple of laps before I locked it up badly at the hairpin leading on to the back straight. This resulted in me running straight across the inside of the corner I ended up holding position but didn't think that was fair as Yaystenny was right behind me so rolled out to let him though which left me open to berlsy going to by too. Made a little mistake and struggled with my last lap before fuel stop but still had Berlsy Yaystenny and DV8 in sight. Made my stop and this was the really the end of my race with forgetting about the damage fix option took 45 seconds to panel beat the door wasn't impressed with my self.

Still enjoyed my night looking forward to next week
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 2/25/2013, 11:27 am

was a good night despite running on a course that wasnt really suited to the merc!
got a good start and powered past benny Very Happy AMG power all the way! then held it together for a while behind the trio dicing it out, was thinking my tyres would last the distance but after my first pitstop which i didnt change tyres they started getting taily with full fuel and thought people would have to splash n dash so came in a few laps later and went to softs and all was good again, kept benny at bay and was pulling away from him while he was struggling on tyres.

TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 2/25/2013, 11:50 am

Qualified 16th, got a good start and passed cpuple fo spinners on the first lap, up to 14th, then spent 12 really enjoyable laps racing with Growler and Grunter. They pitted a couple of laps before me and jumped me by a good margin, so i spent the rest of the race driving by myself and trying not to hold up the leaders when they lapped me.

Corty was half a lap behind and reeling me in at couple of seconds a lap. When he caught me, I tried to make him work for it. That didn't last long, he placed the car well and outbraked me down the inside, then just drove away.

With half a dozen laps to go, I came in for a splash and kept the same tyres on, in and out in 10 secs and amongst Grunter & Growler again. Close finish but couldn't stay in front.

Great night, good fun, looking forward to two shorter races at Interlagos.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 2/25/2013, 8:45 pm

A great turnout last night, was great to see, hope all had a good time.

My night started out looking like abit of a disaster but ended up very well.

In practice i was in the 48s and feeling like i could go quicker in qualifying. Unfortunatly in qualifying proper i made silly mistakes on every lap i did, which left me in 9th place for the race start.

I got a good start and held position around the first few corners as everyone settled themselves out. Midway round the lap there was abit of a bottleneck and i couldn't avoid giving Dean a nudge, i redressed and we both got going again towards the tail of the field.

Had a good dice with Dean and a few others, i would be all over them around the back of the while the BMW gave way to them on the straights.

After the early laps i found myself pretty much on my own so concentrated on getting into a rythem, and found that going a gear higher through some of the corners kept the flow going and also used less fuel.

I got to lap 16 on my first tank of fuel, and came out of the pits in 8th just behind Chris, who was struggling with his worn tyres. After getting past him i saw DV8 in the distance so put my head down again.

As the cars infront started making their stops i was managing to keep the laptimes up, and i got to lap 32 and made a splash & dash, 3secs in total, and popped out of the pits in third place with Berls & Yaystenny right behind. I tried very hard over the last 3 laps and managed to hold on for a surprising third place.

Well done to Webber & everyone else, & also to Tommi, hope to see more of you around here Smile

On to Interlagos next week, and back to the two race format with a pair of 18 lappers
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down