Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it

+2
KKR kwik-kiwi
TTR Benny
6 posters

Go down

What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Empty What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it

Post by TTR Benny 7/2/2013, 8:36 pm

Hey Guys only admin an access this section so feel free to speak how you like knowing they can't see it. Growler had a great idea of putting it in here so we can all comunicate without cc every in on a pm

So Brief run down

I Don't have the time to admin anymore as discussed asked about someone taking over.
I have many reasons and thought extremely hard about it over a long time Kiwi resigning has made my choice easier as we have had many discussions over the past six months that I was on my way out.

We discussed we have a few options

1) find someone that wants to take over and Im happy to teach and help out when needed but I don't want to know about the costs of servers etc anymore.

2) we have had discussions with AVM ( http://www.avm.org.au/forum/ ) which is Crash Alex and Nineten whom Successfully ran XGN for a long time that have know gone out on there own.

3) Floydie has offered to help out but don't really think that is a long term option.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Empty Re: What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it

Post by TTR Benny 7/2/2013, 8:38 pm

Here is the Message From Crash if we were to move Sunday over there. Racer and Growler would have control to be able to run the night as a TCL night and Server options would be supplied by them once ours runs out in 31/8/13

Hey Benny,

The three of us have slept on it overnight and thought about it more, we're still a little cautious but we're not cautious for any particular reason, mainly we just don't want to risk anything that we've achieved so far. We've had such a great response to the kick-off of AVM, better than we expected really.

I really like the way you've handled this so far mate and the fact you thought of us, like I said the other night I think the 3 of us feel honored you considered AVM  What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Smiley

Anyway - since we can't see any real downsides other than a bit of extra work around changing servers etc.. if you're still thinking & wanting to pull the pin then we'd be happy to provide a home for racer69 and his sun night TCL, and of course along with that any of the TTR guys that are looking to race either Sun nights or Wed nights with us What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Cheesy

I think the next step is - assuming you're still pulling the pin, you can have your chat with racer69. I think the way forward after that is for Racer69 himself to also have a think and be sure he'd be happy continue running sun nights here under the AVM banner - and if he is, then we should get him on TS one night soon and have a chat with him.. nothing heavy just a catch-up between us initially so we can talk about how it will work between us, what sort of help he would like from us and what we would like from him and that sort of thing - really just to make sure he's also happy with the whole idea himself before any announcements are made etc. You're welcome to be there when we catch up as well mate, for you interest sake etc since after all it's all your hard work up to this point What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Smiley

Assuming we get to the point where it's all happening, I'd also be keen to know what sort of announcement you post up for your guys when you do, I'm assuming you'd be closing down TTR completely, and given AVM is hopefully the logical new home for some of the racers when they find out,  we may want to come up with a joint statement for both your site & ours? maybe we have a chat about that too when/if it comes time  What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Smiley
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it Empty Re: What to do with TTR Close or someone else take over or move it

Post by TTR Benny 7/2/2013, 8:40 pm

As I said Floyide has made the offer as well bellow is his. I like floydie but he has is helping out at RSM I not sure it is really a long term option.

Well i got up em
Like i told ya, and i havnt seen Mozza since Pete`s been on but no Mozza
I can well kind of control what stenny does, but i have none ova mozza
I have drummed it into Stenny that this behavour is no good and not to be easily led
He does understand and im pretty sure e will no longer be involved if he does though,
its in our clans and the community`s best interest to know if he is continuing to contribute

I dont think closing shop is the go, TTR have been around a long time if its at that stage for you ill stand up now. Have a holiday and enjoy some racing from time to time
Id prefer to just come over retain the original stuff wich is what makes TTR Great.
Give you a holiday or something. And still keep the name and clan intacked Man.
If Donations are thin I can arrange TS Channel and a server or 2 like a mini merger
but un-advertised to the members or advised in a positive way.. either way i will keep the best intersts of TTR intact.

Any Help man dont hesitate to ask ive enjoyed TTR for over 2 years,
and will be happy to contribute in anyway..

Race ya later
Mick Floyd
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/2/2013, 8:46 pm

Before we decide to go further do we want to see if anyone else would be interested in taking it on. I don't want it to be public so If you have suggestions on members please let me know and I will PM them to gauge interest in taking over and if there interested bring them into this conversation

Two that spring to mind for me is Aus Chris and Dean
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 7/2/2013, 8:55 pm

I will just sneak in here before I lose my admin rights.... Wink 

I am surprised by the comments from Floydie... for the last few weeks it felt like everyone was against us.

I haven't got the magic answers either... but it was stressing me so much to see interest waning in what was one of the top places to race... and now??

I know TCL is the most supported and I believe the TCL crew will follow Racer and Growler to AVM if that is what happens...

Craig
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/2/2013, 9:06 pm

Floydie was backing us and took care of the members from RSM laying down the law that about other leagues etc have seen the messages he sent he did really go into bat for us over it.

I know the situation with the Skins not sure whom you were discussing over there about it. But like I said above I do like floydie I just don't see it being a long term option
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/3/2013, 9:48 pm

Hey guys I have given access to aus Chris to this section. I pm Chris last night and he is possiblely interested but I wanted to invite him into the conversation do he can see where we are at and what are options are 

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/7/2013, 6:54 pm

Hey Guys

I have been thinking Heaps Lately about what to do I got you Pm luke and completely understand.

So we have servers till the end of August after writing my list of Jobs to Chris I realized we if we drop Saturdays it can probably keep going without heaps of Support from me. So if we keep it going till at least till the servers run out, maybe If I can ask we help out trying to achieve server costs for next six months after august there (which I will not be able to cover the difference between donations and invoice again) with the two of you Racer and Growler doing such a great job of running your own nights we should be able to keep everything running as is.

I will talk again to chris and teach him server stuff to help me out with side as well , Growler if something happens on sunday that you here on TS speak to luke pre race about restarting race if needed would also help.

Also as previously if you can't make it to run a night PM me and I will make sure I can for you

What do you guys think.

From racing I need a break I'm going to come on Time to time but not as much as previously I guess. May last a couple of weeks maybe more I don't know, I had a ball last night racing the final Saturday night race so the passion may ome back quicker than expected I just don't know.

What ever help you need server wise SLS etc pm or email me and you know I will sort it out

I Will work out the server costs amount that we need to achieve over the next day or so and post here

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 7/7/2013, 10:05 pm

We had an issue tonight where Racer69 dropped with 30 seconds to go before it went to race. I just joined as an admin and went back to warm up again...so it all went smoothly anyway.
I don't mind helping out and/or run Tuesday nights. Where I have an issue is putting tracks and mods on the servers. I have tried but failed. To be honest I'm happy not to add stuff etc if anyone else has better knowledge and is better at it...
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/7/2013, 10:19 pm

Yep just send me a list etc and will do
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 7/8/2013, 5:45 pm

Regarding a plan for Sunday's, the original plan was to do as in previous years and do a series leading up to coincide with Bathurst.

Given the success of the current 2.5ltr series, was thinking along the lines of doing another 2.5ltr series through to the end of August, then depending on what happens then perhaps plan a series around Bathurst as in the last two years?
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 7/10/2013, 2:46 pm

Hey Benny,
Can you explain the Servers again? We have a 20 slot that costs $400 per 6 months and a 26 slot that costs $22 per month?
We ise the 20 slot for Tuesday and the 26 for Sunday?
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/10/2013, 5:54 pm

I will Give you complete Break Down tonight currently and suggested options we can do
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/10/2013, 5:58 pm

rFactor Current Sunday
$102.60 USDSemi-Annually
rFactor
Current Saturday
$133.38 USDSemi-Annually
rFactor
Current Tuesday
$19.00 USDSemi-Annually
Teamspeak 3$7.50 USDSemi-Annually

Website Hosting  $105.00 Per Year Due March I Think
Domain Purchase $15.00 Per Year Due Feb
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/10/2013, 6:06 pm

The Tuesday Server is a keeper For sure they stuffed up the Billing as you can see we pay $19.00USD per six months. This could change at any time and cancelling a server when they then look at the account is when it could happen.

The Break Down of 400 is based on this happening

2 Servers at 102.60
1 server at 133.38
1 teamspeak at 7.5
1/2 Webpage at 60
Plus depends on the dollar currently at 90cents now which pushes all these up a bit
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 7/10/2013, 9:37 pm

TTR Benny wrote:
rFactor Current Sunday
$102.60 USDSemi-Annually
rFactor
Current Saturday
$133.38 USDSemi-Annually
rFactor
Current Tuesday
$19.00 USDSemi-Annually
Teamspeak 3$7.50 USDSemi-Annually

Website Hosting  $105.00 Per Year Due March I Think
Domain Purchase $15.00 Per Year Due Feb
So...we are paying for 3 servers. And that's US dollars?
If I add that up using the current exchange rate that equates to about $705 AUD per year (Approx. $59/month). You are asking for donations totalling $800, where does the extra $100 go to?
Do we really need the one for Saturday anymore if no one is going to run anything?
Agree on keeping Tuesday for as long as possible.
Out of interest I might speak to Riven to see what he charges as a comparison.

I'm not taking over...I just want to get a picture of what the costs are to keep TTR going. Although donations are very welcome, we cannot rely on this coming in on a regular basis.
Do we get anything back from the people who advertise in the forum or is this from members of TTR?
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/10/2013, 9:58 pm

no we don't need Saturday server now I was happy for Saturday to stop to save the money. as i said above some how before last payment the server changed from 102.60 to $19.00. only once have we reached the target and even with server cheaper I still paid 55 my self last round. then a couple of months later we had website which cost me an additional 70ish

the figures you added up don't take into account that the server cost could switch back tomorrow to $102.00
2 Servers at 102.60
1 server at 133.38
1 teamspeak at 7.5
1/2 Webpage at 60

the adds on the left is jd racewear he was a founding member and admin use to throw as 50 here and there hasn't for ages now. cti paid 250 start of last year or maybe before towards servers. the computers is Me but as it says any jobs would donate at least half to the league 0 jobs ever got

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 7/15/2013, 1:13 pm

Hey Benny,

I have asked Riven for some server pricing options.
Can you let me know the level of server access and what hardware we get etc?
He may be able to get us a Sunday server but will need "donations" to help him out.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 7/15/2013, 5:25 pm

hi guys,
i'd love to be able to help out as much as i can but would not be able to dedicate that much time to running the whole show! getting married in the next few months and uni and work are starting to pick up a bit. don't get me wrong I can still help out by learning how to setup the servers etc at the start of the week and moderate forums.
pretty sure if we have a solid team of admin guys that have set tasks we can keep it working.
unlike many servers we have a dedicated bunch of clean racing drivers that make it a pleasure and fun to race against week in, week out and i enjoy it immensely and don't want it to dissapear.
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 7/15/2013, 5:54 pm

I spoke to Corty and V8VP last night both are interested in helping out so between everyone I think it will work well.

So what night suits everyone to jump on TS and Discuss how we do this.

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 7/15/2013, 5:58 pm

could possibly hang around after next sundays event if that'll work out with others?
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 7/15/2013, 6:55 pm

Pretty much anytime is good me.

As Ben said we were chatting a little last night.
I am happy to help out where or when ever needed, ive played around with servers from home and read up a little on server stuff in the past. But dealing with a off site server is what I would need and like to learn.

Also was talking about the Saturday server.
If no one wants to take over running that night, then I would be interested in starting up Thursdays night racing again, once I know what im doing of course.
From memory thursdays were growing back when Powerslave was running it.

Would like other thoughts on this ? as in if it would work or not ?
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 7/15/2013, 8:10 pm

This Thursday night at around 8.00pm TTR time would suit me.
I'm sure there is enough of us  around to keep the show running. What I envisage would be an issue long term is having an actual server/s to race on.
Although its a noble gesture people donating money towards the server, we really can't rely on that happening every month/6 months.
I have asked a couple of people I know over here about server costs etc.
One is Riven who sponsors the KSR server. Unfortunately he cannot sponsor a TTr server, but can look at a cheap 30 slot server for Sunday nights etc. Another person I know who owns a computer repair business also has a very fast unmetered connection. I have asked him about organising a server for us and he is looking into it. He may even sponsor a server for us. I will report back once I know more.

Personally I'm not too sure about Thursdays. I think having Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays is too much. I think we have 2 nights of racing max. (That's my opinion of course!). If you want to cancel Tuesdays and move it to Thursdays then that's OK by me also (Its just that I can't help out much on Thursdays).

But all good questions etc.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 7/15/2013, 10:24 pm

thursday is good by me.
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 7/15/2013, 11:34 pm

Sounds like Thursdays the go then ?

I would'nt touch Tuesday nights racing as it seems to be going along ok.
Your probably right Growler about only having the 2 nights, saying that TTR was hosting:
Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday nights ? So yeah not sure ?
I think different nights attract different people and could bring some more in, who knows ?

With the financial side of things, its been very unfair that Benny had to put in to make up the difference in the past, there must be a better way ?
Maybe when the donations fall short when comes time to pay the servers ect... split the short fall over how ever many admins there are and chip in ?

Few ideas anyway scratch
Just tell me to shut up if im stepping over the line Hit PC lol
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 7/16/2013, 9:18 am

CortyGT wrote:Just tell me to shut up if im stepping over the line Hit PC lol

Nope! All good feedback...
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum