Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Hamilton NZV8 Final Round

+3
dano
TTR=JD
TTR Benny
7 posters

Go down

Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Empty Hamilton NZV8 Final Round

Post by TTR Benny 2/18/2011, 5:43 pm

I have brought forward the Final Round of the NZV8 round from the 12th of march to the 5th of march. Looking at the calendar instead of having 3 weeks between races leaves it with it each fortnight. It will also enable a possible practice night the Saturday before Clipsal for people to get up to speed.

If anyone at all has planned there social life around the calendar or this change makes it difficult for anyone in any way please let me know and the date will be returned to the 12th straight away no questions asked. I do ask you let me know over the weekend so everyone knows the dates.

Benny
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Empty Re: Hamilton NZV8 Final Round

Post by TTR=JD 2/23/2011, 9:41 pm

After doing a few laps around here i remembered very quickly why i didn't like this mod when i first played it here at TTR Rolling Eyes . Turning the corner's on this track is like trying to get a Grader around here, the under-steer is shocking and you feel like you are almost stopping to get around the corner's.

It will make for a very interesting end to the series. Rolling Eyes
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 2/24/2011, 7:29 am

I'll be making sure my antivirus is up to date before entering the track.
Always take precautions when entering Hamilton even if it's virtual Hamilton, you never know what you might catch there. Laughing

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/24/2011, 7:31 am

Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Mr_plow_b_from_9f07

I should be in for some practice tonight if you can clear the track first for me
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 2/24/2011, 7:34 am

Will join you then mate & will have the track cleared from tyre bundles etc for you.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/24/2011, 7:38 am

Should be on about 830 ish just depending I don't have to take my dog back to the vet. X-rays yesterday has an aggressive form of cancer in her front leg we are just deciding what to do today as she can barely walk and is 10 next month
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 2/24/2011, 7:42 am

Sorry to hear that Ben, all the best for you dog mate.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/24/2011, 8:15 am

Thanks They Druging her up but if she is still in pain tonight I'll have to take her back which Im not looking forward to. My other dog her brother nearly destroyed the back gate yesterday when she was gone all day (at 55kg the what I thought was a solid gate was all twisted last night) so once it does happen don't know how he is going to be as they have been together since birth. Amazing how attached you get to pets we got them the same week we moved into first house.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/24/2011, 9:26 pm

Got held up jumping on server in a min if anyone else wanted some practice
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 2/24/2011, 10:40 pm

Good night with Benny and JD! Very Happy

I learn't that JD has problems with his wheel Razz and Benny still has the pace he had here last season.

and that 1:25's are the pace you need to win Very Happy

Last thing i learnt was that Benny picks up the chicks Surprised

Hamilton NZV8 Final Round 33cncsz

Razz

Last edited by M1N1K0B3 on 2/24/2011, 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more info)

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 2/24/2011, 11:04 pm

Yeh i have worked out my G25 is worn out. It has been getting progressively worse over the past few weeks and going off center by 13deg. I googled the issue and some people said the motors inside come loose. I pulled it apart and the motors are tight, so i can only assume the motors are worn out or the plastic rails / gears they run on are worn. Apparently the pedals that i just fixed are only good for 10,000 compressions. So it appears i will be out of action for a while until i can afford to replace them. However i will try to run the last round in the FVR NZ series and hope to pick up enough points to win the series. I can't let Benny get it that easy. Twisted Evil

Has anyone got any idea on where to get a cheap set of pedals & wheel with paddle shift on the wheel, i am not fussed even if it is a Momo at $50 or something?
Any recommendations on what & where will be greatly appreciated.

JD.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/24/2011, 11:31 pm

I have old Microsoft sidewinder you are welcome to have and can freight it up to u. Only problem is that Is the old style game port plug not USB which haven't come out on computers for a fair while. I can probably find old sound card which had the game ports on them to chuck in with it and once installed you just have to tell it to use your original sound card

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/24/2011, 11:45 pm

By the way there is a mod I believe to plug your g25 pedals in direct to USB so even with cheap wheel you retain the pedal feel and clutch
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 2/24/2011, 11:54 pm

Benny wrote:By the way there is a mod I believe to plug your g25 pedals in direct to USB so even with cheap wheel you retain the pedal feel and clutch

Any idea on where to get this so if i want i can keep my pedals? Thanks for the offer of the Sidewinder but that does sound like a bit of stuffing around, but thanks for the offer mate. cheers
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/25/2011, 7:00 am

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hamilton NZV8 Final Round Empty steering wheels

Post by Wally26 2/25/2011, 12:28 pm

hi jase, i told you about thrustmaster ferrari wheels are really good.... paddles as well around 100 bucks from eb games

also we have a couple of spare wheels here, an older ferrari wheel and an older microsoft wheel which did have ff originally but ff isnt working but the wheel itself still works...

You know where we live if you wanna come up and trial them, yours for free if you like either of them and you can trial the newer ferrari wheels here as well if you want..

Cheers, Wayne and Shaz
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 2/25/2011, 1:34 pm

Failing that if you have an xbox controller it's really easy to splice the wires into a usb plug, and it's not too bad as all analogue.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 2/25/2011, 4:46 pm

Thanks Wayne & Shaza. I am pulling it apart tonight as there are 2 things that cause this. 1 is the plastic disc on the back of the right side motor is just pushed onto a metal shaft & is not keywayed or anything so this can come loose and a drop of glue fixes it. 2/ There is a dust cove rover this and a small circuit board underneath and the wires come in from the back, this dust cover only clips on but generally only comes loose if the 2 screws holding the board in place come loose and a loose board causes the problem. So i will pull it apart clean it with contact cleaner & tighten the screws & glue the disc to the shaft as a precaution and see how i go.

Jason.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 2/25/2011, 8:33 pm

All good, repair worked a treat, 2 loose screw's inside 20 minute job. It's game on. Twisted Evil
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 2/26/2011, 10:47 pm

Found the fix for the safety car issue.... downloads section of the FVR forums ............. FVR RFACTOR Downloads » Tracks » Hamilton BTB WIP 7 - Anzac Day Release..... at the bottom of the post there is a link to download FVRHamiltonWIP7.AIW . Replace the original in the track folder and the safety car is parked just past the last pit bay (where it should be)........... if anyone is not a member of the FVR forum, I can email them the file.
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/28/2011, 7:15 am

Thanks kiwi the server has been patched so guys you will need to download this file it is the forum section of FVR or contact kiwi or myself to email it to you
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/5/2011, 7:15 am

I would just like to thank everyone for competing in this series & also wish everyone the best of luck for the Grand Finale tonight. A big thanks to the Admin for running the NZ V8 Series, great series and very well run. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/5/2011, 12:34 pm

Well, well. well. Looks like I'll be making the race tonight as well.

I'm looking forward to it but I have had no practice what so ever so if someone is in a charitable mood tonight can I please get a setup off someone?

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/5/2011, 10:29 pm

Firstly Thanks to Ben for running this great series. Benny kept me honest right up until the last round, a very well deserved runner up Benny Congrats mate. cheers

Got p2 in qually.
Race 1: Got a good start and was in the lead into T1 and got drilled bigtime from behind. Soldiered on and got the win.

Race 2: Started ROF and got an ok start but there was massive carnage again at T1 in this race. Set out to run down the leader's and took the win again.

Race 3: I chose to start ROF, got a good start & got myself into the lead then i decided i would drop back & have a battle with Ben in our last race but then i had a moment & then Ben got a drive through. Set out to try and catch back up to everyone and was in 3rd when Wally & Kiwi pitted, i pitted the next lap for 18Laps fuel & 4 Tyres & came out in front and took the win.

I enjoyed the battles in this series with many driver's. However i have to say tonight was the worst demonstration of Driving Skills & courtesy i have seen in a long time here. Besides the punting & biffing & barging & squeezing people into the wall,when a driver goes defensive approaching a corner they should not cut back across & changed there line again, this is a sure way to piss someone off & end up in a crash.

I am not directing this at anyone just pointing out the things witnessed tonight. This is not what we normally see here & it certainly is NOT what we want to see in the future. I do not want anyone to be offended by this just take it on board so we can continue the clean racing we have come to expect here at TTR.

JD/Admin
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 3/6/2011, 11:11 am

Have to agree with JD on some of the driving standards at Hamilton....

But first I need to apologise for my shocking start in race 1... even after practising starts in these, it is a fine line between to much and not enough throttle. So sorry if I took you out... at least I missed the carnage at turn 1 !!!

But there was a fair bit of biff in the opening laps of all the races.... No No

Anyway, had a great night and had an amazing battle with Dev in race 1 and Wally26 in race 2 and 3 Very Happy Very Happy
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/6/2011, 12:42 pm

There was a fair bit if pushing which is unusual for us. No problem race one kiwi it is a very fine line and I have done the same thing.

Im sorry for race 2 guys and have asked JD to review my driving into turn one and penalize me if I was in the wrong. shooting up the inside of one is a big no no and unacceptable. It wasnt intentional as I was up the wall and couldn't pull it up but I asked for it to be reviewed as when I watched the replay I wasn't happy with myself
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 3/6/2011, 8:45 pm

Sorry guys never check the forum anymore...

Never even had the time to i don't think anymore... Sad

Thought this race was next Saturday didn't know it was yesterday. Sorry guys was really looking forward to some fun Smile

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/6/2011, 10:27 pm

Benny wrote:There was a fair bit if pushing which is unusual for us. No problem race one kiwi it is a very fine line and I have done the same thing.

Im sorry for race 2 guys and have asked JD to review my driving into turn one and penalize me if I was in the wrong. shooting up the inside of one is a big no no and unacceptable. It wasnt intentional as I was up the wall and couldn't pull it up but I asked for it to be reviewed as when I watched the replay I wasn't happy with myself

For everyone's info, Benny contacted me and asked me to check Race 2 Turn 1 Lap 1. He also requested i punish him harshly if i felt he was in the wrong.

Ok Guys i have checked the replay from all possible angles & taken many things into consideration.
1/ Dano is moving across slightly to cover Devil & that is OK
2/ Devil moves right to possibly avoid contact with Dano & or to cover Benny. Devil may not have realized Benny was so close and partially beside him, so this is a racing incident as objects in the mirror do appear further away. I just urge everyone if you think someone is even partially next to you give them room & remember objects appear further away in your mirror's.
3/ When Benny attempt's to go up the inside of devil, Benny does have room until the door is closed & given this is on a straight at this point people need to give room as Benny is partly beside Devil, so in my opinion this is OK, if this was at the turn in point to the corner i would agree Benny would be in the wrong.
4/ Benny does brake later but if he had room and had not made contact with Devil & the wall he may have pulled it up.

So in summary a racing incident . Please note i am not being bias just saying it how i see it, if i studied other laps to see the point Benny can pull the car up from i may be able to prove him guilty, lol.
But, please keep this in mind,
1/ Nobody has lodged a protest so i really cant penalize
2/ There was much worse driving on display than this incident
3/ Even if i was to remove Benny's points from race 2 it won't alter the championship

The good thing about this is Benny realizing an error and being up front about it.

I would also like to thank Kwi-kiwi for apologizing for his error on the starting grid.

This is my Final decision. TTRJD / Admin / Race reviewer.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down