Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Hamilton Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Hamilton

5 posters

Go down

Post Hamilton Empty Post Hamilton

Post by TTR=JD 4/16/2011, 10:30 pm

Post away guys.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post Hamilton Empty Re: Post Hamilton

Post by TTR=JD 4/16/2011, 10:55 pm

Qualifying: Got pole with a reasonable lap.

Race 1: Did my typical poor start & kiwi lead into turn 1 with a great start, wd m8. Kiwi stayed in the lead for the 1st lap until i got past. Got into the 1m18s in the race about twice i think. Made a mistake on the back section the fast right hand 3rd gear corner as i exited i just caught the left ripple strip & it speared me into the wall on the right. Lucky i had a big gap and was able to back it out and continue on & take the win.

Race 2: Again poor start and kiwi got me of the line easy then kris got up beside me and veered across me making contact & then he ran into kiwi, thankfully it didn't have any lasting affect. I think kris thought he was past me as sometimes it is hard to tell in these cars, anyway all good no dramas mate & gr8 start Kiwi & kris. Took a lap or 2 to catch Kiwi & kris & unfortunately for kiwi he made a mistake and i got by and took the win & this time i didn't clout the wall, haha.

Well done to all tonight again as always some great racing with out first ever sprint tyre round.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 4/17/2011, 2:02 pm

Great nights racing......... had an absolute ball.....

Happy where I qualified........

Race 1
Got a good start and lead for the first lap bounce just making sure the track was in order before JD took over! tongue
Kept an eye on the timing monitor as Milo got close.....
Hit the tyre bundle at the chicane on the last lap... so if anyone watches the replay... it's worth a look... don't know how I survived it scratch
Happy with 2nd behind JD

Race 2
Got another good start... when I was sure the track was ok, I let JD past Wink .... Had A couple of guys get close but kept a cool head (I'm getting better at handling the pressure Twisted Evil ) and got home in 2nd again.... only about 30 sec behind JD... Close aye!!!! clown
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 4/17/2011, 7:31 pm

Thanks for checking the track & being the pioneer mate, as it was forecast for showers;), so it was nice of you to offer to lead the way so if i spotted you going wide in the wet or crashing i had time to react;). Not many people would offer to put there own race on the line for someone else like kiwi did, thanks mate i owe you. Cool Very Happy cheers Laughing Laughing
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 4/18/2011, 9:23 am

Did this yesterday but once I finished writing it the website was down and it wouldn’t post so here we go again

Had a massive week leading up to this event and never really got up to speed and comfortable until mid way through race 2.

Qual Was happy with position not as quick as I could go but wouldn’t have put me any further up the grid anyway great Job by JD kiwi and milo.

Race 1 Turn one dropped Force Feedback Post Hamilton 511336 although I don’t use a heavy setting you certainly notice the difference and struggled all race with this problem. Had a great battle with Kris in the early stages (you have come a long way mate the practice you are doing is certainly paying off) Started to get into a rhythm and closing in a little on Milo until I locked up the rear into one sliding over the kerb only to find there is a clear solid wall so went over end to end car destroyed. To add to my dramas missed my pit bay on the second stop so around again then got caught out on exit and drive through. Not my finest race.

Race 2 Got a great start and was up the inside into one where I got into the side of JD sorry. Was following Milo early on he got past Kris and I worked really hard to do the same but took awhile as once again Kris had great pace. Got though set out after milo however after the stops Kris had jumped me again so got though again in the mean time Milo made a mistake so time to try and catch kiwi. Finally got closer to the speed I know I have around here and coming out of the second stop the gap was 2.7 seconds. I pushed really hard on the new set of tyres and closed in on kiwi. The last few weekends Kiwi and I have had some great battles and Saturday night was a short but another one. Kiwi was to good even when I threw everything I had left at him he kept his line and drove fantastic. Eventually I had worked the tyres so hard to catch up and attempting to find a gap that ended up having to back out of it and settle for third otherwise would have put it into the wall once too often.

Had a great night a few battles. Once again found the best thing with the guys here you can push hard knowing that the car behind you isn’t going to make a suicide move and when you do make a legit move the room and respect is always given.

Looking forward to the Tyre Options at Wanaroo With all of us on sprints for the round and JD on Controls affraid
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 4/18/2011, 11:58 am

I had a pretty average night but still really enjoyed myself.

I was a second or two off on qualy pace but my race pace was not so bad.

Race1 was pretty uneventful, I was able to stay on the back of the pack and pass the odd straggler.
But I did have a tangle with Wally sorry. It all seemed to happen in slowmo but I couldn't avoid hitting him. He spun in the braking zone for turn 2 I think it was.
I wasn't straight behind but still found by time I reacted the incident it was too late and I wound up hitting him. Sorry Wally, I felt like I reacted too late but I should check the replay.

Race2

More of the same, I could stay on the back of the pack couldn't make progress. I did get close to Kris near the end and was giving him a hurry up but then I had a weird lose and hit the wall.

Even with crap results I decided I really like this track. It's challenging and unforgiving.
And I also really enjoyed the real races here. Go the Giz!

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 4/18/2011, 12:44 pm

No problems at all Dano

Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down