Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Turkey Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Turkey Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Turkey Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Turkey Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Turkey Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Turkey Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Turkey Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Turkey Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Turkey Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Turkey Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Turkey

4 posters

Go down

Post Turkey Empty Post Turkey

Post by dano 4/19/2011, 9:37 pm

Some great racing was had.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post Turkey Empty Re: Post Turkey

Post by Wally26 4/19/2011, 9:48 pm

Was a great night.

Just managed to download the track and mod to Shaza's PC for qualifying.. Last in Qual but was only a few seconds off the next place ahead

Race 1 was like a school period for me only getting a 2m05 as my best, 6th here but some close racing at the start.

Race 2 I had another Wally good start which propelled me up the field, set off after Milo but he was too good tonight. Tried my best to hold second but everyone was slowly catching me.. slipped into third and had a wonderful little battle with Dano right up to the last lap when I overcooked a corner.. Dano caught me and managed to slip through with some fantastic driving. tried a switch back around the last corner but he held me out... WD Dano and Milo on the win, WD by everyone..

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 4/20/2011, 7:37 am

Race1

I was running 4th at the beginning with Wally and Benny close behind. I got passed by Wally and then managed to get back passed again.Then after a couple of laps I managed to hit an inside curb in a funny way and got launched in the air and wound up running 5th.
I got ahead of Milo near the end and had a fair gap but he managed to close it down quite quickly and on the last lap despite my trying to shut him out we wound up sprinting to the finish line side by side and Milo just took it by milliseconds.

Race2

This was much better for me. I was running 3rd behind Milo and Wally. I was slowly closing the gap to Wally.
About half way through I found Webber taking a massive dive in to (Mark Webbers favourite part of the track Laughing ) the corner at the end of the long back straight.
I didn't think he'd pull it up but he did and then he let me back past down the pit straight so I could carry on chasing Wally.
Eventually Webber went passed again so I was battling for 3rd. I slowly closed in on Wally and managed to seize on a slight mistake by him leading on to the back straight. I made the same mistake but not quite as badly so I got onto his tail and slipstreamed past. I got far enough ahead to move over in front into the braking zone so I could shut the door on Wally. The next couple of corners I just made sure I was between Wally and the inside of each corner and then it came down to a sprint to the finish line which I only just won.
I was happy with 3rd.

The results are up https://transtasmanrivals.forumotion.com/t243-pcc-results#1389

We are looking set for an exciting final round. Good luck everyone.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by milo 4/20/2011, 9:02 am

it was a great nite.
qually went well with a pb for pole.
webber was super quick in warmup so i know i was going to have my work cut out in the races.
Race 1 started good with a jump and leading into turn 1. webber was on me for a coulpe of laps then i got a small gap, i think it got out to about 2 secs but it seemed webber was just sitting back there waiting for his chance. that chance came soon after heading into the 3rd gear right hander, i went down to first by mistake and around i went. after that i made heaps of mistakes, my driving style kinda suits these cars. sliding the car into the apex, but if you carry a bit to much speed thro the corner and the rear hasnt settled by the time you put the power on it bites ya big time, that big german bum doesnt like getting spanked that why.
had a great race with dano in the end and only just pipping him on the line with a outside move heading out of the last corner.

Race 2, started just as good as the first. from grid 5? i think and heading into turn 1 in second only to see webber get loose and go right when he shouldve gone left!.
from there i put my head down and didnt slide the thing to much. looked like there was an awsome race going on behind me, got a pretty good gap and only spun once!

thanks for the great nites racing dano, see you all at monaco, if i can put my champagne down and get off my super yacht in port hercule i may have a skid.

cheers
milo
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 4/20/2011, 3:15 pm

Had done 5 laps yesterday morning that was all the practice I had.

Qual Was happy sticking it on Second on the Grid. (only due to Shano's setup thanks mate)

Race one great start and but grabbed first gear into turn one by mistake massive Sideays across the grass and came back out pit lane exit. Had a battle early on with wally who surprised me with how hard I had to work to get past. Wally is Always hard to pass but in this case he had qual for practice and that was it. Pushed hard got passed a spinning dano and from here Shano had a 4 sec gap I managed to close in with in a 1.5 seconds but couldn't get any closer.

Race 2 Wally got a Flyer and I was pushing him really hard filling all of his mirrors at any chance I had. Managed to come out of turn 5 and six trying to get a run on wally and had a big moment which put me back to nearly last. Still had Shano behind me which was my main aim for the race after he had evened up the champion at the end of race one. Closed in a bit on dano and wally when webber was making his way past them but then had destroyed the tyres and held on for 5th

Great Fun again tonight great drving by all drivers especially the race pace that Milo and Webber showed was outstanding.

Next week Monaco final round, haven't driven this track since PS1 so could be interesting. I see the track is converted from GP4 which I use play all the time but we are talking 1990's.

Heading into the Last round with a one point lead hoping to hang on and take out my first TTR Championship have been on the podium for quite a few series but haven't taken a championship out since the NZV8 last season might have to actually practice this week for a change.

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 4/21/2011, 7:54 am

You might catch me on there Benny. I intend to have a good crack at this round.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 4/21/2011, 8:16 am

Did 20 laps last night managed one without wall contact. Might have to Stop to fix the car every few laps.

Only managed to 1m44 so think I will have to practice more yet

Last edited by Benny on 4/21/2011, 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 4/21/2011, 8:40 am

I need to work on my time as well cos that's about the quickest I've gone so far too.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down