Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Pre Winton(club) Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Pre Winton(club) Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Pre Winton(club) Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Pre Winton(club) Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Pre Winton(club) Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Pre Winton(club) Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Pre Winton(club) Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Pre Winton(club) Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Pre Winton(club) Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Pre Winton(club) Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Pre Winton(club)

4 posters

Go down

Pre Winton(club) Empty Pre Winton(club)

Post by Wally26 5/2/2011, 5:02 pm

Fire away guys, (prac)server set tommorrow sometime
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Pre Winton(club) Empty Re: Pre Winton(club)

Post by shano 5/2/2011, 5:46 pm

saweeet choice will be sum good racin...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 5/5/2011, 9:02 pm

This will be some fantastic fun.

Tight circuit, too much horsepower, will lead to very close racing (and some shredded tyres no doubt!) Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 5/7/2011, 5:04 pm

ohnoes.

ive been practicing the GP circuit. getting 1:41s around there pretty regularly. i just wish you could put the AI difficulty higher than 120%, to make it a bit harder. eh.

didnt realise it was it was the club circuit being used. dang it.

i really liked the straights too. ohwells.

will be a good race tmro nite.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 5/7/2011, 10:06 pm

ok well, im doing 1:11's around winton(club) atm. So i think i should get a good grid position with that. Unless im way off. lloll.

The best the AI can manage is a 1:14. Kinda disappointing, is there a way to ramp up the difficulty in the config/settings files in the program folder?

Google will help me. lol.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 5/8/2011, 4:07 am

shaynskyline wrote:is there a way to ramp up the difficulty in the config/settings files in the program folder?

You can create talent files which makes the AI run better

Also you can get the AI to learn the tracks properly.

I did this with my second install of TCL, makes the offline racing much, much better.
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 5/8/2011, 4:57 am

OK seems like there is some confusion with AI learning mode, this is how I do it.

A) Make sure you do NOT have rFactor running in the background when doing the following or else the modified file will revert back to the non modified state.

- 1) Go into your player file at C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\\.plr.

- 2) Go to the line Autocalibrate AI Mode=0 and modify to read Autocalibrate AI Mode=1.

- 3) Now click exit and SAVE the player file.

B) Start rfactor and choose Any mod, then SETTINGS and change the following SETTINGS: - In the RULES section:

- 1) Flagrules,Fuel useage and Tire Wear to either NONE or OFF.
- 2) Private Testing ON

Now on the right side of the rules screen change to the following settings:

a) AIDrivers=1
b) RACE GRID Position=1
c) RACE START TIME=8:00 am
d) RACE TIME SCALE=NONE
e) Mech. Failures=off
f) TYPE OF START=STANDING

C) Choose the car you want under VEHICLE to teach AI to run this car type properly on any track.

Then, go to TESTING and choose the track to learn and LOAD CIRCUIT (bottom right), but DO NOT click on RACE.

a) Make sure u are in the MONITOR mode screen, and click on ADD AI.

b) AI will now start its training and tells you to STAY OUT OF MY WAY HUMAN, do not go on the track to drive your own car, just watch the AI.

c) Press the VIEWING button to view the AI on the track.

d) Now press the R button on the keyboard to be shure the driving window will show 'LIVE' in the upper edge of the viewing screen.

e) HighLight the AI on the track, by LEFT clicking on the AI's name in the MONITOR field, you will now see his best times change, as he progresses. After watching him for at least two laps LIVE, press (Ctrl) (T), this will speedup the time it takes to run a lap, but will NOT effect the accuracy of the Learning Mode. It will just make the AI finish his learning mode faster than normal.
Now we assume that the AI has finished his learning mode and told you he has xxx.xx meters left over, if at this point the meters left over does not show 0.0x, do the following:

- 1) Make sure the AI's name is highlighted in orange colour, then click on BOOT. (You are deleting this AI from the Learning mode).

- 2) Click on ADD AI. You will now see a new AI name (if you have more then one AI) and he will now continue the learning mode where the last AI left off. This second AI will get the amount of meters leftover to 0.0X, and when he finishes the INI file created will be updated/overwritten.

Speaking of the INI file, the following is the manipulation needed for all the cars to use it not just the team that did the AI LEARNING:

Look in C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\\ now in the TEAM that did the learning there will be a .INI file, THIS is the file that neeeds to be moved so that all cars in the chosen mod can use the updated learning file. What you do is CUT the file and paste it in the CAR directory of the effected car. So SAVE it to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\. The dir that has the .HDV and .TBC and other car related files in it.

NEXT STEP I THINK IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Go into your C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\\.plr file and reset the line 'Autocalibrate AI Mode=1 and modify to read Autocalibrate AI Mode=0 again.

!!!!!Also go back into SETTINGS and reset all RULES as you previously had them!!!!!

This might help to keep the game from getting confused when you go to drive the cars.

HAVE FUN!!!

NOTE:

What is meant by meters left over after the AI finished the learning mode?

Well the IDEAL line on any given track has an IDEAL total length, over the whole trajectory of the track. So what is meant by 'Meters left over' is by how many meters the trajectory of the testing car is LONGER then the IDEAL LINE trajectory length. In other words the car traveled xxx amount of meters FURTHER then the IDEAL LINE (trajectory). That is why we want the meters LEFTOVER to be as close to 0.00 as possible.

Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum