Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ

+3
KKR kwik-kiwi
Webber
Butters
7 posters

Go down

WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Empty WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ

Post by Butters 10/12/2011, 4:10 pm

WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ WTCC%20Series%20Poster

Hi all just thought I would post here and see if anyone would be interested in running in an upcoming series in which we will be running the WTCC Extreme Mod.

We have 2 more practice nights before the series kicks off. You can find the details for tomorrow nights Click Here We will still be trialling a few things in preparation for the series but at least it will give you the opportunity to give the mod a go.

I appreciate the time slot will not suit many but on the off chance it does suit some I thought it worth posting here. If there is enough Australian interest to warrant a time change then it can be considered as nothing is concrete yet other than the fact the series will be kicking off on the 27th October.

Cheers and I hope that if you can't make it you still take the time to give the mod a go if you haven't already as it is a lot of fun in some great looking cars.

Last edited by Butters on 10/21/2011, 3:08 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated with series poster.)

Butters

Back to top Go down

WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Empty Re: WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ

Post by Butters 10/19/2011, 5:00 am

Hi guys just to let you know that we will now also be running a Touring Car Legends series off the back of the WTCC Extreme. Details here.

Our final practice night is tomorrow night where we will be running a practice of the entire race night format.

Butters

Back to top Go down

WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ Empty Re: WTCC Extreme Series & Touring Car Legends @ Sim Racing NZ

Post by Webber 10/19/2011, 10:40 am

Morning Butters, sounds awesome, and great to see another league running TCL! Would I be able to sign up for the DJR #17 Bathurst 1988 machine?

Can't find out where to register...
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 10/19/2011, 2:59 pm

Yeah of course Webber first in first served. Here is the registration details. Thread is till a WIP as it is my first crack at tarmac and trying to be comprehensive but yet not overwhelming. I've previously run dirt oval series but with a new community I wanted to try my hand at other disciplines of motorsport.

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 10/19/2011, 3:45 pm

Butters wrote:Yeah of course Webber first in first served. Here is the registration details. Thread is till a WIP as it is my first crack at tarmac and trying to be comprehensive but yet not overwhelming. I've previously run dirt oval series but with a new community I wanted to try my hand at other disciplines of motorsport.

Thought I might have a look too... but not able to reply to your WTCC thread though scratch
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 10/19/2011, 3:56 pm

Sorry try now forgot to give access to users Rolling Eyes

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 10/21/2011, 9:41 pm

I'm interested in running this as well, but can't work out where to register for the forum on site?

9pm NZ time is... 7pm AUS time? (i'll be doing the TCL series)
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 10/22/2011, 12:18 am

Hi racer69 it would depend which state of Australia your in but if the time suits it would be great to have you along. I can tell you Sydney is exactly 2 hours behind as per the example you gave.

If you register to the site then it will transfer your registration over to the forums automatically. Just remember to activate the account before trying to post. Smile

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 10/22/2011, 11:49 am

i might be into the wtcc Xtreme
ive got a bad back at the moment so ill be on today, cant do much f!$#n else
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 10/22/2011, 6:33 pm

hey buters i signed up to forum but never got a confirmation email....maybe cos im on gmail?
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 10/22/2011, 8:27 pm

wobblyone wrote:hey buters i signed up to forum but never got a confirmation email....maybe cos im on gmail?

I'll check into it for you. Did you register to forum or Website?

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 10/22/2011, 8:34 pm

Try it out now you should be good to go I have manually authenticated it for you. Smile

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 10/23/2011, 10:45 am

im in too butters...only tcl vl twr
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 10/24/2011, 11:37 am

Hi guys just to let you know that I'm going to be doing some practice laps on Bathurst tonight for anyone that's keen. Public Holiday here in NZ so not much else to do. Laughing

Will be on from 7:30pm NZ time.

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 10/26/2011, 2:59 pm

Hi guys being doing laps on Timaru and I'm absolutely killing my right front. Any suggestions on what I can try to lower this one tyres temperature? If I change the tyre compound it is going to make the front left temp will below anything desirable.

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 10/26/2011, 3:08 pm

Perhaps increase front anti-roll bar and try getting some of the weight transferred to the front left.

Otherwise see if you can make the car more oversteery, so you can control the steering with the back end and get weight off the front.

I'd probably just go for a harder compound Very Happy
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 10/26/2011, 3:16 pm

Alright I will try all of the above, cheers Smile

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 10/26/2011, 3:18 pm

if its pushing out of the corners
more caster
lower rear wing
maybe more rear swaybar
faster corners more front swaybar like webber says helps even out the weight
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 10/29/2011, 1:15 pm

Hi guys thanks to those that made it for round 1. Much appreciated without your support would of being a pretty sad opening round. Going to take some time to find the Tarmac lovers of NZ but hope you guys can persevere in supporting the series albeit small.

The racing was hard and clean which was great to see and there were battles throughout the field which was also great to see. I was having a great battle with Shano before Norton decided it wanted to do something in the background causing me to lag and inevitably crash of at the end of a straight. Was pleasing to see that the Sim Racing NZ guys could challenge the TTR boys for speed on the track will be interesting to see how things pan out from here. I think Timaru was one for the small cars and Adelaide will prove to be a fairly even playing field.

Here are the round 1 points hope to see you all back for round 2 Smile

Touring Car Legends Points

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 10/29/2011, 1:55 pm

It was great to see you guys taking it to us, we'll sharpen up our act for the next round!

Nice work on the pictures and everything in the points website
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 10/29/2011, 2:50 pm

Cheers Webber Smile

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 10/29/2011, 11:31 pm

sorry i didnt make it mate

are they the point for the night or just the tcl
is there another set of points for the wtcc X?
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 10/30/2011, 4:15 am

No probs Kris be great to see you there this week. We need a Kyle George tamer Laughing TJ pressed him hard in the TCL but it just seems as though Kyle always has that bit left in reserve.

WTCC Extreme Points

Oh and in case your wondering why all the BMW's I think it's because that is what Kyle races and he makes it look the fastest so like all good sheep loving kiwis we just bahhhed and followed the leader. Would be great to see some more variety in the field as they are all great looking cars.

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 11/10/2011, 6:42 pm

Starts in 15 minutes, c'mon let's defend TTR at Mid-Ohio!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 11/11/2011, 6:29 pm

bit pissed off i havnt made it to any of the wtcc X rounds, but they are on to early, DOH
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 11/17/2011, 2:16 pm

Just a reminder that tonight the racing hits the streets of Vancouver. The big question is will this weeks circuit be an M3 track or a Commodore track and will Webber be able to maintain his slender lead over Kyle George heading in to next weeks round at Bathurst.

Series Details here

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters 12/3/2011, 9:08 am

Sadly I had to pull the pin out on both of these series due to lack of turnouts. A lot harder to convert dirt lovers to tarmac than I had first thought.

I would like to thank both Webber and Billybob for consistently turning up for the rounds run and the entire TTR community for the support shown through their forums.

Final results were:
WTCC Extreme
1st - Kyle George
2nd - Daniel Huia (me)
3rd - Milo

Touring Car Legends:
1st - Kyle George
2nd - Webber
3rd - Daniel Huia (me again not because I'm good but because I was admin so there every round Laughing )

Was a shame to not see the Touring Car Legends decided on the track as it was a great battle throughout the entire series with both Kyle and Webber getting their fair share of wins.

Not going to give up on Tarmac Leagues but in 2012 I may look at a different angle. Given the lack of kiwi interest I may look at recruiting an Australian to run series aimed specifically at your time slots and then if any kiwis wish to race then they can stay up a bit later to take part. A series is only ever as good as the driver turn out so this needs to be the main focus IMO.

Well that's all I have again thanks for your forum space and times and hopefully in 2012 I will get to run a few more of your guys series once the real life stuff has settled down.

Butters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum