Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Bathurst 72 Winton Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst 72 Winton Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst 72 Winton Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Bathurst 72 Winton Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Bathurst 72 Winton Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Bathurst 72 Winton Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Bathurst 72 Winton Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst 72 Winton Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Bathurst 72 Winton Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Bathurst 72 Winton Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Bathurst 72 Winton

4 posters

Go down

Post Bathurst 72 Winton Empty Post Bathurst 72 Winton

Post by shaynskyline 12/12/2011, 8:11 am

My replays didn't save yet again so this will be brief.

I got a fair amount of practice in during the week and qualified in 5th place.
I was aiming for top 6 so I was happy.

Race 1 I got a great start and after a few dices, I ended up behind Shano with Mozza behind me.
We had a super 3 way fight for the first 12 laps until the pit stops. Shano was making it very hard to get by him. Even with the power adv I had over his torana, the charger just couldn't get around him.
I knew Mozza was close behind but I didn't have any time to worry abt him, I think I only looked at the rear view two times in 12 laps. Mustve been great to watch from 3rd.
Shano punished me for ages, not making a mistake. He got a little sideways just before the pitstops and turned it around in front of me. I took first spot . . . .
Came into pit on lap 13 i think with about 3 litres remaining. Came back out in 2nd place behind Kakswell, 23 seconds down. Was waiting for him to pit for ages, then i realised that he wasnt going to go in. Greaaaat. There goes the win out the window.

In about 5 laps i managed to get to within 6 seconds of Kakswell, but it wasnt enough and i finished second. Was a bit annoyed losing a win to someone with a 30 second advantage its no secret. But you cant argue with the logic of it, i had fresher tyres and he was struggling to stay on the track. So i guess it evens outs.

Doesnt mean i like it. But well done to Kakswell for making it to the end without stopping. No way the Charger woulda done it. After 13 laps it was a nightmare.

Race two was pretty good too. Jumped heaps of people on the grid and into the second turn, got traction quicker and zoomed by. That was great. Ended up behind Shano and Mozza again. Errrm, its a little cloudy this race, wish i had the replay. I know there was another great fight with Shano for a while, and Mozza was putting heaps of pressure on. They drove super fast and very cleverly to hold their places.

Um, after pitting it was all a little down hill, ended up 5th somehow, prolly cos more people decided to take the pit advantage again. Eh, wateva. Chased Mozza on the LCD for ages, but he was always 7-8 seconds ahead of me. He is faster than me in the same car so it was no surprise i couldnt catch up to him. Hell, he's faster than me in a slower car, as i learnt at Bathurst, so well done man.

Finished the race in 5th or 6th spot? Disappointing, but the fights with Shano and Mozza made it a fun first stint.

Some panels were rubbed throughout the night but Shano loves it. He even dares me to do it in practice, so no hard feelings there. It was all in good spirit. And any ground i may have made from a bump, i braked for, so yeh.

Great night of racing.

Happy to get the fastest lap also in R1. Thats a first.

Last edited by shaynskyline on 12/12/2011, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Bathurst 72 Winton Empty Re: Post Bathurst 72 Winton

Post by shano 12/12/2011, 1:20 pm

had a great nite.. qualyed just behind skyline i think...

didnt know wat to expect as didnt do a full tank stint ..... had some fat battles with shayn and mozza even with a couple of friendly nudges lol... yeah cooked it comin out of turn and spun and dropped right back..
race 2 skyline all over me again with mozza ... made shayn work for it as new he was faster than me... but the torry was wide lol...
shayn got past then mozza was all over me like he is on a sunday mornin lol... was funny shit goin on between us....
he got by then they pitted i decided to not pit and go all the way like kaks in r 1..
made it home just wit kaks closin fast....

great nite racin once again..
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 12/12/2011, 2:22 pm

Post Bathurst 72 Winton 72fun_10

Post Bathurst 72 Winton 72fun_11

Post Bathurst 72 Winton 72fun_12
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 12/12/2011, 4:41 pm

I'm not too sure why my pit stops were taking 29 seconds for tyres only in the practice race it was 22 seconds.
Qualifying
Got pole with a time .4 seconds off my best.
Race 1
Had a shocker off the line couldn't see the lights dropped back to 4th place. Basically followed the top 3 around decided I was going to try jump them through pit stops got a few bumps in the rear along the way. I think I went in on lap 10, had a very long stop and ended up behind racer got by him and finished up in 3rd.
Race 2
Started 8th, eventually worked my way up to 4th. I had planned to take 2 front tyres only to save time in the pits, I went in a lap early after just missing a spun Torana and I forgot to change to 2 tyres so I put on all 4 and had another slow stop my out lap was 9 seconds slower than Shayn and Mozza. I set some fast laps after my stop but could do no better than 6th. The game had a little freeze on me which cost me a couple of seconds.

DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/12/2011, 5:56 pm

Some pretty good racing, typical of Winton I reckon.

Downloaded the mod yesterday arvo, and drove the cars for the first time at about 5pm, so just finishing inside the top half dozen made me fairly happy.

Some how managed to slap together a decent lap and smash the charger onto the front row... Could have possibly gone quicker (1:08 maybe!), but it wasn't to be.

Race 1
Jumped DV8 at the start and then remember reading all the gibberish about tyres not lasting, and people having to make 3 stops, so I was trying to drive fairly carefully, and keep the car straight. Shano and shayn were all over me like it was Mardi Gras and I was wearing chaps, so I let them go. From then, I just tried to keep on the back of them, while trying to keep the tyre wear down. DV8 was all over me at stages too, having a couple of nibbles, which I managed to fight off ok.
Copped a flat front left on about lap 12, and limped back into the pits, then on the exit, had to wait for about 4-5 cars to go past before I could re-enter safely. That kinda killed it the race, and I couldn't quite get back up to Wally.

Race 2
With the reverse grid, I was back on the 2nd row this time. Managed a good start, with shano next to me getting ahead and MisterBob leading us.
His ping was all over the shop, at one stage his car was in mine. Anyway, managed to sneak past with Shano and pretty soon shayn joined us again for another battle royale. This time I started driving a bit harder as I knew how the tyres were gonna go, so I kept all over the pair of them. Once Shayn got past the little Torana, I set about making life difficult for old Shano. The old horn and lights got a workout down the back straight on both cars, as you do in a fun run!
Ended up getting past Shano when he made a mistake i reckon and started hauling in Skylineboi. As I pitted, I noticed Shayn had looped his charger at T1 and I lol'd. :-P
Had to chase hard to get up to 3rd but managed to sneak past Peter308 for the final podium position in the remaining laps.

But yeh. A good nights racing. Shayn, you're getting better bro. Love it, your hard work pays off sometimes hey bro.

Cheers to Wally and Benny for running the show. Good work lads.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum