Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo.

5 posters

Go down

Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Empty Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo.

Post by shaynskyline 12/18/2011, 10:57 pm

Great races tonight guys. Howd you all go?

I qualified in 4th place. Pretty happy with that. Was in 6th for most of the session but pulled out a faster one and jumped a couple.

Race 1 was great, chasing mozza for a while. Good to battle him in a proper race, not just stuffing around in practice. Couple good battles now.
He was driving great for a while but he ended up making an error and i managed to get by him. Woulda taken alot longer if he kept it together.

Rolling in fourth for ages chasing a torana that wouldnt slow down lol. 3 seconds behind it for ages.

Because im an idiot. I pitted around lap 13. Guess i didint know that no one else was pitting this time lol. Came out in 10th spot.
By the end of the race i made up a couple of places and held off ADF Nugget for 8th? place.

Wasn't too happy to say the least lol. Threw away 4th spot.

Race Two i started on second slot, behind M11sterbob. But only for one corner, i got by him and started to build a gap. Was driving very carefully and making sure i was kind on the tyres. Braking early, accelerating slowly out of corners, trying to keep the tyres as quiet as possible. I was getting a gap to second spot at the same time so i thought i was going ok.

Then 2nd changed on the lcd. Racer69. OH NOES! One thing i have learnt in rF lately is that: If a fast driver gets a hold of you and is closing, there isnt alot you can do about it. This is certainly the case with Racer. I knew when he got within 1.7seconds that i was gone. But i wasn't gonna give up, i turned off the LCD for a bit and drove as smoothly as i could. Racer would close a little then id get some time him, over and over. Just as he was closing he fell back out of sight. I didnt relax cos i knew he'd be back again.
He did come back, to within about 4 seconds with plenty of time to go. But with a few minutes to go he fell back and Mozza came up 19seconds behind on the LCD.

Cruised home in First place with Mozza behind about 15seconds. BL Racer on the sand trip, although im not too fussed that you werent on my ass till the end, woulda been a great fight to the line im sure. But i think you woulda got me had you been in drafting distance. Lucky.

Very happy with a win in these. A win in any mod is great, but to hold off Racer in the charger without pitting, thats just amazing.

Great night. Wd to first race winners, and Mozza for the second. BL Billy for the offs. Cyas at Hq's.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. Empty Re: Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo.

Post by BSD_Damo_79 12/19/2011, 12:49 pm

Nice work Shayn, congrats. Well done to all the podium drivers in both race 1 & 2.

Was a night of massive frustration for me.

Spent the afternoon getting my setup right. Came up with a set that could qualify sub 9, and run comfortable 10s for the race distance without chunking the tyres out too bad.

Qual. Couldn't get a really clean run, set a time in the 10s. Was about to go out again when I got disconnected, and things started getting strange. Reset my connection (although it hadn't dropped out) and rejoined. There was less than a minute to go in qual, so stayed in the pits. Then I realised that when I had rejoined, the game had parked my car across the track on pit straight! Not good. Jumped out of the server and rejoined before I ruined any more qualifying laps.

Race 1. Formation lap was fine, lined up, lights went green, got to turn one, car warped a bit then I was back in my starting spot stopped dead! WT? Leaders were coming down the hill so I bailed.

Rejoined after Race 1 was finished.

Race 2. Started formation lap, got about 1/3 around and "connection lost" yay!

That was my night.
BSD_Damo_79
BSD_Damo_79

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 12/19/2011, 4:34 pm

Damo - perhaps another call to Telstra? I know how annoying that can be, I had a similiar problem about 18months ago. I upgraded my whole computer though which fixed the problem, i'm not sure what the isolated problem might be.

What a great nights racing by all, a big grid and top driving by everyone, had some great battles with a number of drivers.

The x3 tyre wear worked perfectly i thought, and really levelled the cars out over the course of the 25min races.

Race 1 - I qualified on pole, just, from Robbo and DV8 (all three makes in the top 3). I knew the big Ford would be the hardest on its tyres, so was hoping to put in some quick early laps to get a gap, and then back it off abit as the race went on.

Robbo jumped me at the start, and we went side-by-side for a few corners before i stayed in second. I got alongside him on the back straight, but he hung on the outside around the last turn and then again through turn 1. I just managed to slip ahead, and managed to make abit of the break. For the next 20 mins of the 25min race the gap got out to about 3secs, but on what turned out to be the second last lap, Robbo had the gap down to 1sec, when coming out of turn 1 my rear tyre blew, and i had a spin at the esses. I managed to limp round to the pits, make a pitstop and ended in 12th.

I knew the tyres would be very marginal, but i thought it might hold. Well done to Robbo & DV8 behind for keeping the pressure on so i couldn't let up.

Race 2 - Started from 12th and got a great start. Had a great dice early with Shano who was monstering me in the Torana, and also with Stevo and Billy Bob until Billy had a lose (i don't think i touched you Billy Bob, i know you were around me and then when i looked next you had spun, if i did i'm very sorry and you can owe me one!).

I got up to third behind the two Chargers of Shayn and Mozza. I managed to outdrag Moz down the back straight after a good little dice, and then set out bridging the 4 sec lead to Shayn.

Shayn wasn't making any mistakes, but i managed to get the lead down to about 1.5secs before i ran abit wide at Kolb Corner and dropped back to about 4secs behind again. I started trying to get the gap back, and in doing so i had a spin at the last corner. I got going again but my tyres were shot and my left rear blew going into Kolb Corner the next lap. I got stuck in the sand against the wall and couldn;t get out, which was a sad end to the race.

Shayn - You drove so well in that last race, be very proud. You've come along way this year, and are genuinely one of the front-runners these days Smile

Also kudo to DV8, you did a great job the past two weeks.

A good thing about the past fortnight is it seemed to throw up some different winners and everyone seemed in with a shot of leading at some point over the last two weeks Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 12/19/2011, 5:52 pm

Haha. Damn i always forget there's reasons for these triumphs.

You had crappy tyres. If you were chasing me in a Charger then you woulda pounded me into the dirt for sure. Lol.

Still happy that i won though.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 12/19/2011, 6:33 pm

Probably my best result so far. I appear to have good pace in the torana which didn't come together at Winton due to pitstops no such problem here.
Qualifying
Put in my fastest lap to go 3rd. I did find .25 in the first sector but couldn't put it together.
Race 1
Decent start maintained 3rd behind Robbo and Racer. I was all over Robbo like a cheap suit early but couldn't get the job done. About mid way through he got away abit and I couldn't catch up, ended up 2nd after Racer destroyed a tyre.
Race 2
Starting from 9th I didn't get away the best and the torana behind me sent me in to the fence. He lost the rear on upshift. I dropped in behind Robbo again and planned to follow him through. I had to pay a visit to the grass to miss a spinning shano so lost a bit of time. Caught up to Stevo and got stuck behind him for a number of laps, we had a mid corner bump on a passing attempt and I was sent to the grass. Nothing more than a racing incident. This put me behind Billy Bob. Not long after everything went my way Billy Bob spun off and so did Racer and Mozza. I went from 6th to 4th and was a chance at 2nd. I passed Stevo for 3rd and tried to catch Mozza. I put some good times in to reduce the margin but couldn't get it done.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBob 12/19/2011, 6:53 pm

racer69 wrote:Billy had a lose (i don't think i touched you Billy Bob, i know you were around me and then when i looked next you had spun, if i did i'm very sorry and you can owe me one!).

All cool racer, no touch, i put a tyre on the grass... gone.

Well done Shayn for R2 win.... im sure theres more to come from you.

Good night for me qualied 7 or 8th I think which was ok.

Race one was awsome with some very close racing my setup was pretty good so i was going to go a no stop strategy which ultimately delivered me third spot which wasnt too bad.

Race two was a shocker... two offs and missed a timing marker and ended up last
but still some fine racing as i tried to make my way forward again.
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBob 12/19/2011, 6:58 pm

shaynskyline wrote:Haha. Damn i always forget there's reasons for these triumphs.

You had crappy tyres. If you were chasing me in a Charger then you woulda pounded me into the dirt for sure. Lol.

Ifs and buts aside Shayn you won because you covered the distance more efficiently than everyone else and thats what racing is all about... not just being the fastest.
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 12/19/2011, 8:06 pm

shaynskyline wrote:Haha. Damn i always forget there's reasons for these triumphs.

Be very happy Shayn, if i was in a Charger i might have been nowhere near the leaders. You thoroughly deserved it and as they say, a wins a win Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/19/2011, 9:46 pm

Post Bathurst 72 - Barbagallo. 1568961921_d9eb5930b51

It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum