Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Albert Park Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Albert Park Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Albert Park Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Albert Park Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Albert Park Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Albert Park Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Albert Park Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Albert Park Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Albert Park Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Albert Park Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Albert Park

+5
Berlsy
menthol369
shaynskyline
DV_8
Wally26
9 posters

Go down

Real races are non points so??

Post Albert Park Vote_lcap56%Post Albert Park Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
Post Albert Park Vote_lcap44%Post Albert Park Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Post Albert Park Empty Post Albert Park

Post by Wally26 3/11/2012, 9:11 pm

Post Albert Park Albert10

Post Albert Park Albert11

Post Albert Park Albert12

How did your races go?
W26

Last edited by Wally26 on 3/12/2012, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post Albert Park Empty Re: Post Albert Park

Post by DV_8 3/11/2012, 9:39 pm

Not happy with how things went 2/3 race saw me hit off on the first lap.
Qualifying
6th, Did my fastest lap my sector 3 was very good.
Race 1
Got a bad start dropped to 9th but managed to get back to 6th couldn't catch Billy Bob but my times were consistent
Race 2
Not much of a better start, got through turn one okay but following that I got hit pretty hard which spun me around and put me to the back of the field. I will have to follow that up. I got back on the job and ended up 8th.
Race 3
Went for the soft tyres, given the reverse top ten I thought I may be able to get an early advantage and look after the tyres later in the race. This didn't work as I was sent packing on the first corner. It appeared that Shano was bumped into me. So I rejoined in 15th. I had to work my way up again and in doing so hurt my tyres. So I couldn't really take advantage of the other guys spinning off. Finished in 8th.

DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 3/11/2012, 10:40 pm

Ah, interesting night. A bit disappointed.

Quali

Got 9th place i think. Was never gonna get much better, havent been able to get a decent time all week.

Race 1

I dont really remember what happened. And i dont have the replay cos rFactor is an idiot. Ahhh, i think i came 8th.

Race 2

Started in 8th spot. Got a decent start and was chasing R1CHO for the first two laps with Berlsy closing in. He eventually got by me on lap 3. Like race 1, i was all over the joint. Hadn't done enough consistent practice during the week and today.
By the 5th lap i was trying to catch up to Billy in the Volvo. I could get within 1.4 of him and then i would stuff up a section and he'd pull out a second on me.
Mid way through lap 5 billy and Dan came together and Billy spun, sitting the track, i had no where to go and crashed right into him. Sorry Billy, i couldn't slow down enough. Car was pretty screwed after that and i spun it a couple corners later, fell back to 12th. Limped to the line.

Crap

Race 3

12 spot lol. Sigh. Got away ok and mid way through the first lap i had gained a couple spots. Sorry to V8VP for the tap i gave him. It was only a little one lol. So, 10th place now and going ok. Flashed by Dan who was sitting still on a corner. BL man.
In 8th place now, chasing CortyGT. I use chasing lightly though, becasue these damn Sierras are so fast. Its more a case of sit and watch them disappear. From then a few people spun or had accidents, so i got by Webber, BillyBob, Shano and CortyGT.

Webber came back though later in the lap, so he took back 4th, which i was expecting. A couple corners later Webber pulled over to the side of the track for some reason and let me and Billy by. ????? They both got back infront of me later in the same lap, cos im an idiot and cant brake properly. Webbers Sierra got loose again and i squeezed by him on the back straight and now in 2nd PLACE!! With R1CHO leading miles ahead.

Shano closed in on all of us and pressured me for a while. I held him off for as long as i could but he was braking better than me and got by fairly simply. From then i was just pushing hard trying to hold onto third with Webber on my ass. But i think something was wrong with his car by then, because he didnt pass me again. He was deff close enough to. I dunno. Sprinted home for a 3rd place finish. Can't really say it made up for the first two. Cos they were just, junk. But the night wasn't a complete failure. lol.

BL to all the ppl who lost spots due to spins etc. Dedicate my 3rd place to you. Razz

Gonna be sitting out of the WTCC/ETCC rounds from now on. Wanna concentrate more on Sunday TCL. I hadn't got enough practice for this track and it showed. I was all over the shop. Im not gonna win anything like that.

Thanks for the race. Cyas at DTM87.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 3/12/2012, 6:23 am

Penalties:
V8 video 50 kg for continous cutting of corners 11 /12. our rule here is to keep 2 wheels on the main track.
Also, 100kg for punting Shazam off and not readdressing
total 150kg.

Parternope. Sometime next Saturday I will come around and help you with some driving. Our DSO(driving standards officer) has noticed that you are braking miles to late going into corners. Not to panic, just lack of experience.

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by menthol369 3/12/2012, 7:22 am

I wish i had more prac time, i got a decent quali , 4th? fastest 31 anyway Smile had a pretty bad setup and it was hard to keep the car consistent as it burned the tyres up quickly

R1, had a bad start but managed to get in with the sierra's me n racer were having a good dice until i tried to get the jump outta T1/2 which resulted in a spin . tyre were cooked after that and was a pretty sloppy race

R2 started alright, was chasing billy until i tagged him, waited up and had another dice. i think i spun again Razz

R3 well went well for the entire lap until racer made a bit of a move on the 2nd last turn, i tried to cut back under wally which probably gave racer the impression there was a gap there, damaged steering out of the hit so i bailed.

menthol369

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 3/12/2012, 9:11 am

missed first race so started up the back for race 2. got a shocker of a start cause couldn't see the lights from the back. had a battle with the group of skylines of shayne, dan and richo and billy in the vovlo. passed shayn down the back straight and then was on billys tail. the volvo was making it pretty hard to get passed, the old brick was pretty quick around melbourne. used the grunt of the commo to pass billy down the front straight and then passed dan when he ran off on the grass. from then on had a top dice with richo, he was doing a top job making that skyline very wide. could get along side him down the straights but was always on the wrong side for the next corner. got a nice run on richo down the back straight and managed to just sneak up the inside, sorry if i ran you wide on the exit of the corner richo. the sierra were 7 secs up the road so finished 4th.

r2 - started 7th and passed a couple of cars on the first lap. there a couple of spinning cars at turn 15, managed to get through unscaved and was second behind wally. had a nice little battle for a couple of laps with wally. got up the inside of wal at turn 9 to take the lead only to totally out brake myself on the next lap and ended up in the gravel. drove my butt off from there to try get some spots back and had another great battle with racer. had to make the commo really wide to keep the sierra behind me. just managed to hold racer off and finshed 5th.

having a ball with this series, really looking forward to the next round at symonns plains. Very Happy

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 3/12/2012, 11:02 am

first sorry to corty in race 3 for spinnin him think he was tagged and i ended up hittin him too....waited for him think we was last then lol...
and to dv8 for start spin i got a tap and was pushed into dv8 which ended up messy ....

qualy got 2nd was oki...

r1 and r2 where pretty much a sierra fest... was some good racing.

r3 reverse grid allways goes bad for me lol... ended up nudgin dv8 sorry... was alot of touchin goin on there... ended up hookin up wit corty and we started to eat cars 1 by 1...
things got a bit messy at turn 11 or sumthin was 4 cars all goin for same corner lol...spun corty so waited for him to get back goin then just attacked and tried to pass who and wherever i could.... finished 2nd

3 podiums for the nite was pretty happy wit that... hope we get points lol...
symons plains will be mint...

see most of ya at bristol for yep a crash fest lol
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 3/12/2012, 2:23 pm

Albert Park. High speed sweepers, fast direction changes, heavy braking zones, tough to get the power down.

Ford Sierra RS500. Shit all downforce, stable as a nuclear reaction, and a diff from the 70s.

Dynamite and the match!

Great fun round. I love the track and used to smash F1 cars around here, so qualifying was straightforward. Didn't have a huge winning margin in races 1 and 2, and had good battles with cortygt and the other Sierras at various times. Race 3 was very tough on the tyres, but I enjoyed having many battles throughout. Very well done to R1CHO (fixed!!!) for taking out the win there.

Last edited by Webber on 3/12/2012, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by RR1CH0 3/12/2012, 2:48 pm

lol thx Webber
RR1CH0
RR1CH0

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 3/12/2012, 3:02 pm

Sorry Richo you know I meant you. Got confused!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by RR1CH0 3/12/2012, 4:29 pm

Razz
RR1CH0
RR1CH0

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBob 3/12/2012, 6:29 pm

A good night of racing for me, the volvo wasn't super quick here but quick enough to be reasonably competitive. I qualied 8th I think which was OK.

Got great starts in all 3 races (race 3 particularly good with Wally getting the jump into T1 while i slotted into 2nd to see team volvo lead lap 1)

Great dices in all three races nice close and relatively clean apart from the odd bash but overall very good considering.

Sorry to Corty for the squeeze on the fast back straight and the later spin in Race 3.

This year is shaping up to be a pearla for TCL and the racing just keeps gettin better.
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum