Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Tasmania Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Tasmania Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Tasmania Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Tasmania Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Tasmania Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Tasmania Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Tasmania Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Tasmania Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Tasmania Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Tasmania Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Tasmania

+6
TTR Benny
Shazam
racer69
David Paterson
shaynskyline
Wally26
10 posters

Go down

Post Tasmania Empty Post Tasmania

Post by Wally26 3/25/2012, 9:24 pm

Post Tasmania Atcc_r10

Post Tasmania Atcc_r11
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post Tasmania Empty Re: Post Tasmania

Post by shaynskyline 3/25/2012, 10:24 pm

Super night of racing. Well done to everyone.

Quali

Nope i didn't. I was busy making dinner and doing obligatory duties. So i started last.
Think my best time in prac was 55.3, so prolly good for 6th i think? or something.

Race 1

Wasn't really planning on racing in this race, F1 was on, dinner was late but i made it. Still chewing the last of the chicken, i lined up in 17th place. Got a super start letting off the gas just as the rears started to spin and jumped a couple cars. By the end of lap one i was in 12th spot. A couple less powered cars had fallen behind and i was now chasing Wally26 in the Vovlo. I had more power than him but i was very messy early. Sorry if i scared you a bit Wally. I eventually got by and the next hurdle was the Volvo propelled by BillyBob. Chased him for a couple laps, closing steadily. The commos of Kakswell and Setvo came together after T3 and Billy and i got through placing me in 7th.

As soon as i got by Billy, he came off into the grass at the end of the back straight. BL mate. On the next lap didnt slow enough into T2 and let the commos back by after landing in the sand. Rejoined and set off trying to chase them back down. Kakswell decided to paint a wall with his car. I spent the rest of the race trying to catch Setvo, couldn't, finished 7th.

From last place. Im super happy with that. but it coulda been higher.

Race 2

Started 6th for some reason. Got off well and started off after Shano. But knowing i wasn't gonna stay with the RS's i just tried to race as clean as i could. Corty and Racer had a moment and i squeezed past. 4th now. Racer would be back. Corty nearly wiped me out coming into the hairpin, i think he hit the wrong pedal or something. BL. Webber went nuts and rammed the wall on the straight lol. BL Webb. Just after that Racer got close and decided to pass me on the hairpin. I just dont have the heart to block people into corners, i always feel bad. Racer had more power so i kinda let it be.

Once Racer got by, it set the tone for the rest of the race. Shano Racer and Bersly ahead of me, super fast guys, in fast cars, i just tried to hang on to Berlsy. Its only lap 8 by now. Basically, i drove the guts out of the car, trying my hardest to close on Berlsy's holden. He was very consistent and the only time i gained on him was when i made perfect corners and i just couldn't keep it up lap after lap. I was 2.2 - 2.8 behind Berlsy for 80% of the race. Late in the race i saw a 2.1 gap to him, but thats as close as i could get. Still, a fourth spot is very satisfying.

Only way i could have done better was to beat Berlsy. but he was too fast.

WD to Racer and Shano for the Podiums. Thanks to those with less power for making lapping as easy as possible. If i beep you im saying thanks.

Blatant Self Indulgent Tyre Pumping.

I'd done hardly any proper practice coming into this race. I didn't expect to do very well at all. And getting close to race time, i was doubting i'd make it at all. To just jump on and go for it with a dodgy, slippery setup and get the results i did is so awesome. All the time i have put into practice and getting to know tracks is finally paying off. I can see my consistency getting better.
So to all you newer guys just starting out, if you wanna do well, practice practice practice.

I used to get frustrated that i wouldnt see people practicing all week and they would just turn up for the race and finish up the front. 4th and 7th isn't spectacular, and i have a quick car. But after starting last and having no proper prep at all, its the reward you get for putting in time.

Keep up the good work.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 3/25/2012, 10:48 pm

I was late getting home from the workshop, been working on the new race car all day. Missed half of qualifying and ended up 16th on the grid. Used warmup session to finish unloading tools out of the ute into the main shed and cut it very fine. Sat back down in front of 'puter and you guys are gridding up, 8s to race start!

Got a good start, but just didn't have any pace. Driving around like Miss Daisy at the back of the field, then about half distance I Saw Benny limping on the grass, just as the leaders were about to lap me and in all the excitment, I dropped my bundle and spun on one of my bogie corners, ending up across the track right in front of Corty who couldn't miss me. Sorry mate! Fortunately, both of us got away with only minor damage and no loss of positions. I'd hate to wreck someone's race if they're on for a podium. Gathered it up and trundled home in 14th.

Race 2, i was ready this time and was relaxed, not panicked. Got an awesome start and grabbed three places before the first corner, careful not to hit anybody. Kept the midfielders in sight for the first few laps, but they gradually drew away. I didn't change anything on the car from race 1, but I was 2s a lap faster and hung on to 11th place all the way to the finish.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 3/25/2012, 10:52 pm

First of all nice report as always Shaynskline Smile
Some driving was terrible, most were great but I witnessed one of the silliest attempts of outbraking that I have ever seen in online racing at all. This resulted in me asking Benny that if his car was buggered could he penalize the driver a 60 seconds stop go.
I was wrong to do this on 2 accounts. One it is not how we do things and 2, I picked the wrong driver. This driver ended up getting DQ and his race destroyed by my actions. I personally rung the driver up and apologized, also I gave him my race points in race 1 and dq'd myself. As a final apology I let this driver past on the last lap of the second race after a terrific battle with him for laps on end. This person is Partenope and I am so proud of how he is now driving... Well done mate, you proved yourself to me in the second race with a brilliant drive and once again sorry for my miscalculation in the first race.

The other driver I sincerely hope is spotted by the DSO or PM protest.

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 3/25/2012, 11:03 pm

A really good roll up of people tonight, 19 i think started Race 1, great stuff Smile

I quite like this track and seem to go well here, but aren't overly comfortable on this track..particularly into the corner at the end of the back straight, i always feel i'm on tenterhooks into there...

Qual - I couldn't match Corty's time in qualifying, it was a ripper lap and he had the PJ Sierra cracking. With a few seconds of qualifying left i was on my last lap and i lost connection. When i re-joined it was in warm-up, i must say a big thankyou to Wally for re-trieving my qual time, so i lined up 2nd.

Race 1 - Corty got a great start and got to turn 1 first, but ran wide and i snuck through. For half the race Corty was pressuring me, we were never more than about a second apart.

Race 2 - Corty got another great start and got the lead on the first lap into the hairpin. I got back past when he ran wide at the end of the back straight, and then Corty gave me a slight nudge that sent us both off at turn 1 of lap 2 (don't worry Corty, its racing and it happens Smile ) From there i had great dices with firstly Shayn, then Bersly and then Shano for the lead. All raced very fair and had a great time.

Roll on next Sunday Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 3/26/2012, 7:59 am

Qual: was equal to my best time in practice so I was happy with that.

Race 1: Spent most of this race on my own. Ended up 12th. I felt I did a good clean race and was pleased with the outcome.

Race 2: Lap 1, T2. Got pushed into sand. Not happy.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/26/2012, 9:22 am

Had my first run on a Sunday for ages and had a good time

I picked the Sierra as I thought I would be able to a least run mid field since I hadn't driven these cars and had no practice. But I was fairing better than I would in practice and qual.

Race 1 took it easy popped in behind kakswell and we a good little battle for a few laps with stevo sitting behind me. Got a run on kakswell up the back straight and out braked myself into the braking zone. By the time I waited for safe entry I was along way back. Started coming back through the field and was having a lot of fun. Made a move on wally on to the first straight but when I went to turn into the hair pin I was launched into the wall.

Personally I know it was a accident and wasn't that fussed about it not fighting for points. Now I'm including this because Wally has been getting extremely frustrated with driving standards hence the weight penalties he has been handing out. He hasn't been handing them out for fun it has been to try and bring the standards back to what we expect. Everyone is going to run into someone at some stage it happens but two important things. One you must wait and re address remembering doesn't matter how long it takes the person affected doesn't want to be stopped either. Two a sorry at straight away goes a long way. Last night with the Stop go Penalty please realize wally was at the point what else can I do to try and clean things up and thought that this was something he could try. Unfortunately it turned out wrong but he has apologized and taken a points swap with the drive concerned.

Race two from the back of the grid all the way up to billy bob whom drove the tissue box fantastic and I just couldn't get the job done with worn tyres wd Mate was great race
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 3/26/2012, 11:16 am

TTR Benny wrote:Everyone is going to run into someone at some stage it happens but two important things. One you must wait and re address remembering doesn't matter how long it takes the person affected doesn't want to be stopped either. Two a sorry at straight away goes a long way.

This is the reason I am not happy about race 2. Yes, accidents happen but there was no readdress or sorry. Nothing.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by Partenope 3/26/2012, 12:02 pm

As allways i had a great time, i am trying to become a better driver but sometime a do make some silly mistake and i apologize for it, thank you Wally for your sportmanship (letting me through on the last lap).See you all next race!!!
Partenope
Partenope

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 3/26/2012, 1:23 pm

watched replay and yeah i sorry webber.. i moved across on you in that incident...didint relaise it at time..

qualy 3rd couldnt quite cut the pace of racer and corty with the extra kilos on board lol... tippin there gonna be a few extra pounds for the next round too lol...

spewing webber had wheel issues

race 1 cruised along in 3rd for a while then corty had incident with back marker and found himself back wit me and webber... into the hairpin corty got through and me and me and webber had a bit of a comin together.. i shit meself lol was a massive loud bang.. just 1 of them things all was readressed accordingly.... bersley snuck the twr through and so set out after him... snuck through on last lap after yet again another top battle wit bersley... seem to be meeting up wiot him on track alot this season very close drivin from both...

r2 corty and racer had a slight nudge and a few of us got through...then webber had a moment and ploughed wall. held racer of for a few laps but not upo to his pace as yet and he got through at hairpin... then just set about stayin close as i could with him.. could see bersley and shayn close behind... all in all top nite for me had a great time... lookin forward to next 1...with more weight added lol.... a slow 6 mobil sierra may be mixin it midfield next round....

Last edited by shano on 3/26/2012, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 3/26/2012, 5:32 pm

had a top night, somehow managed a 54.7 for qualy, never been under 55 here

R1- had a nice start and settled in behind the sierras in 5th spot. lit up the back wheels coming out of the hairpin and kakswell got through. got back passed kaks on pit straight and from then on tried to keep reasonably close to the sierras. pretty much drove around by myself for the rest of the race and came home 4th Very Happy

R2 - started 4th and had a cracker of a battle with racer, webber, shano and corty for the first few laps. passed corty and racer when they got together to take second, then the call of the f1's got to much for webber so i took the lead. had shano right up my date for the next few laps, tried to make the commo as wide as possible but after a few laps he got passed. next was racer on my bumper, held him off for a couple of laps but the sierra has to much mojo down the straight. had shayn chasing me hard for the rest of the race. was driving my but off trying to keep a bit of a gap on him. top drive there shayn, had you in my mirror for almost the whole race. really looking forward to having some top dices with you on some of the tighter tracks

next stop hamilton cheers

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 3/26/2012, 6:48 pm

Qually went all too well for me in 1st place and all seemed too easy Very Happy

Race 1
Then the there was the first corner, I think I miss down shifted or something and made me run deep in the corner, so slow exit speed allowed racer to pass up the straight. Was still happy from there kepping myself between 1 & 2sec untill 2 lapped cars ahead came together with one of them in the middle of the track, had no where to go and t-boned him. Didnt have to much damage and still had my speed, but racer was to far gone, but was happy with 2nd anyway Smile

Race 2
Got the best start I could have hoped for (practiced this in warmup), had a big gap over racer but forgot the extra fuel was on board and ran to deep into the 2nd last corner. Racer passed and webber and shano were hot on me running into turn 1 and made contact with racer (sorry mate, I felt like an apsolute idiot). I redressed and trying to type "sorry racer" and completey missed the braking maker coming into the hairpin Shocked There was nothing I could do at this point except try to dodge the traffic ahead, somehow I didnt hit anyone. Ended up through the sand smashing hard into the wall and stuck in the sand. Took a while to get out, limped back to the pits, 40sec later was back on track and a lap down, dead last. Managed to get back to 10th. scratch
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Tasmania Empty Weights for next round

Post by Wally26 3/26/2012, 9:43 pm

Trippy - Race 1, lap7, failing to readdress after late braking accident:- 100kg penalty for next round
jordy33 - race 2, lap1, failing to readdress after punting another vehicle into sandtrap:- 100kg penalty for next round.

These penalties taken into account here's the weights for Hamilton

racer69 - 110
CortyGT - 20
shano - 130
Berlsy - 60
R1CHO - 20
shaynskyline - 20
Billy bob - 10
Trippy - 100
jordy33 - 100
Wally26
Wally26