Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat

+3
TTR Benny
Webber
TTR=JD
7 posters

Go down

Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Empty Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat

Post by TTR=JD 12/1/2010, 7:36 pm

Tell us how your race unfolded.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Empty Re: Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat

Post by Webber 12/11/2010, 9:48 pm

Great day of racing all, that was an interesting mod as the car really responded well to setup changes, and I did quite a bit of work to get consistency up before race day.

Race 1 was a great one for all - I was pretty comfy just watching the cushion back to JD aside from a big moment when I fell asleep down the long straight, and came up to the corner a lot quicker than the sailing boat (VL commo) could tack around it. My first win here on TTR and a very satisfying one.

Race 2 my start was better, but turn 1 was a doozy - and the race thereafter the same. Ended second, would have been happier with 1st, but that's how it goes.

All in all a fun weekend and a great bunch of blokes to race with. I can tell it would have been fun racing in 1989 if only the Sierras had been banned! Warming to the series, looking forward to F1 2008.

Last edited by Webber on 12/11/2010, 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat Empty Re: Round #1 TCL Sandown Post Race chat

Post by TTR Benny 12/11/2010, 9:52 pm

Had Great Night good Battles in both Races.

In Detail Tomorrow.

Also any protests to be submitted to me via pm not on forum , I will put together a team of three to go through videos. Just remember guys not till tomorrow arvo at earliest once you have when you have had time to think about it and review tapes.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 12/11/2010, 10:03 pm

Race 1 - Didn't start all that well... then Nodz took offence to the pink pig i was driving and nailed me up the .... affraid ..... No but then i was probably going to crash again anyway.. Very Happy (no protest from me)
... the car improved as the race went on so that was a positive....

Race 2 was better and enjoyed some close clean racing with Benny.....

Returned the pig to the sty and went looking for my Ford..... I hope it can forgive me ..... Suspect
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 12/11/2010, 10:18 pm

Thanks to all for coming to the 1st round of the Race Of Champions guys. Well Done to all. Good to see JT out of retirement,lol.

Last edited by TTR=JD on 12/12/2010, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by JT=EWE= 12/11/2010, 10:43 pm

Great racing guys, havent raced for a while due to family reasons, and even now it is very limited, but look forward to running this series when i can.

Had a couple of good battles with Benny and Kwik Kiwi, and looked set to join Webber and JD in a battle in race two, but wasnt to be when an unfortunate incident saw me tag Webber in turn 6. Sorry dude, i was commited, and try as i did, just couldnt avoid ya. affraid

Look forward to the next one, should time allow.

Cheers guys. cheers

JT=EWE=

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 12/11/2010, 11:33 pm

Great speed by Webber tonight & JT certainly hasn't lost his speed. It was pleasing to have the numbers we did for round 1. Round 2 is next Saturday night Albert Park FS ONE 08.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 12/12/2010, 10:50 am

What a Great Night

Qual
Had only worked on Race pace and tyre life so heading into qual dropped the fuel and had a play with setup and PB with 1m14.4 Held on to 3rd till about a two mins to go when JT-EWE got me by .1 of a sec. Was pretty happy with 4th

Race 1
Got a Flyer and went up the outside of JD into turn one but couldn't hold on to it and had to let him back though mid corner. Had a great litte battle with JT as Tyres came up to temp untill I ran Wide at the end of the back straight and he got through. On the exit I got back past but since my running wide had caused his bad exit speed decided to jump out of throttle and let him back through. Pushed JT until he made a mistake a lap or so later at turn 1 and had 3rd again. JT applied great pressure but I held on for a few laps but he eventually managed to work his way back through and pull a gap over the last few laps.

Race 2
Could see the Volvo in my mirror and knew that Wally is a great starter and wanted to make sure I beat him to the first corner as he can be extremely difficult to pass and I didn't get caught behind him as believed I could run with the top three. Got Good strart not the blinder like race one but good enough. At arriving at turn one grabbed one gear to many and at the the apex and spun (I hope I didn't effect anyone else) Chased down the guys and within a few laps found myself all over Kiwi who was coming up on Wally. A lap Later Kiwi run wide at the end of back straight and through I went. Was thinking I was in for a battle now with wally in front and Kiwi behind me but was able to position my self for a great run on wally on to the back straight and drive on by. As I arrived at the next corner found a Webber and JT spun and I was back into 2nd Very Happy . Didn't last to long as Webber and JT worked there way past leaving Kiwi and I to Battle it out to the end.

Overall great night finished 4th in both races those Vl's take some hanging on to.

Bonus of the night was finally seeing a field with a majority of HOLDENS instead of the couple we normally have. I can understand it though have you see those Mustangs affraid . Welcome to good side guys maybe a few of you won't be able to head back and drive the Taxi's you lapped in this year After having the taste of what a real race car feels like, so stay in the Holdens and help bring the constructors championship home for the General lol!
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Kirk 12/12/2010, 2:46 pm

Sorry couldn't continue last night guys, No matter how much I tried to drink the pain away I couldnt steer that holden! haha try and make it next week Razz

Hayden Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 12/12/2010, 8:41 pm

Championship points are in the results section.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 12/13/2010, 7:21 am

Looks like we gave Tom a bit of a tribute on Saturday night without even knowing it.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88672

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 12/13/2010, 10:46 am

Was a Pretty good tribute then

As much as people didn't like him you certainlly can't knock what he did for the sport in Australia.

Wonder What will happen with HRT as Holden can't take it back over. Tom Had four Licences could I wonder if we will see 4 888 cars next year

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum