Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT

5 posters

Go down

NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Empty NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT

Post by TTR Benny 5/12/2012, 8:48 am

FVR Have Released there NZ Supertourers Mod
NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT 5210-NZ_SuperTourers_RF1
Download Available Here http://www.fvrmodding.com/index.php/downloads/category/15-rfactorcarsnz Has this at the top of the page read PASSWORD IS LISTED IN the Text "Read all of this while you wait for the file to download. We took 6 months to build it, spend 2 minutes to read it and you will find the password for the file."

This is a Mod We are looking at running in the Near Future So Jump on tonight Saturday the 12 May around 7:30pm Onwards will be testing a few tracks and having a few races.
We Would realy like your input so have a run a help make the decision for future NZ Series
Tracks You will Require for night are
http://ttrracing.com/admin/tracks/PukekohePark.zip
http://ttrracing.com/admin/tracks/Timaru.zip
http://ttrracing.com/admin/tracks/Ruapuna.zip
http://ttrracing.com/admin/tracks/MANFEILD.zip
http://ttrracing.com/admin/tracks/FVRTracks.zip
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Empty Re: NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT

Post by TTR Benny 5/12/2012, 10:22 am

Server is up and running Guys

If You see other people that we don't know Let them know we will be possibly running series soon with this mod and tonight 7:30 pm we will be testing some races
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT Empty Re: NEW FVR SUPERTOURERS MOD TEST NIGHT

Post by RR1CH0 5/13/2012, 7:41 pm

hmm a bit of a split decision, whilst i could push these cars pretty hard i think they still have similar characteristics to th old nz cars , body work could be a bit neater..... lol. sound great from outside but the incar sounds seem totaly different ie. you slam down the gears and from inside it sounds high pitched but from outside it sounds beefy...My setup was pretty much the same as a unleashed car apart from the late change that benny told me with the brake pressure witch helped the car much better under brakes but i still left it 67-33 , down force is a must i think to help these cars get going at low speed to little just makes the car snap out at the rear without much warning . awsome skin jobs though, the wing looks alot different but i like it the wheels ... well they match what is being used ... but i dont like em ... the understeer is pretty bad but i just found myself braking a bit early and getting the car turned in very early ,slowing down just that bit more than you think makes a lot of difference coming out of the corner...

thats my 2 cents ... still pretty fun

Last edited by RR1CH0 on 5/14/2012, 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
RR1CH0
RR1CH0

Back to top Go down

Post by dbens1 5/13/2012, 9:10 pm

Hi guys. Hope you like the new FVR Supertourers mod. We have had a large amount of input into this mod from Lee and the guys at Melbourne Performance Centre. They have helped us tog et the car driving exactly how the Supertourer handles. Geoff Emery has provided feedback and input into the physics (as well as a couple of other drivers). While they may look like a V8 Supercar in form, they do not handle like a V8 Supercar. Hopefully this is reflected in the mod. Of course we now have the mod ready for release at RFC as well, and it should appear there in the next day or two as they upgrade the status from WIP to released Very Happy

dbens1

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Powerslave 5/13/2012, 9:36 pm

I abit torn by these,, there are things I really love about them at the same time for me they were quite dificult to drive.

I had heaps of early dramas with my PC, Game or connection and one or all of these made the mod feel really underwhelming and buggy... had real feel turned on and the feed back sensation was delyed on one track there was a dely in loss of grip well after the corner... I restarted my router, turned shadows to medium and change a setting in my vid setting and then we raced at Manfeild and wow the car really came alive it was driving and feeling like a differnt car...

I have a Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and the Real Feel feedback was some of the best in any mod ever in rFactor lock ups of brakes felt awesome and really had a sence of the rubber meeting the road...

The sounds are really good ( I usually drive bonnet cam )

even with these really strong points I still had a heap of trouble sticking a lap.. I found it very hard to push them even when they felt like they could go quicker and found it Hard to keep it consistant for a few laps... They seemed to run alot better on some tracks then others in terms of use of the curb and that also was a struggle

all in all I think it is a good mod that for me personally would have an amout of learning curb more then others but could make for an interesting series.

Great job the guys at FVR...
TTR Powerslave
TTR Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post by dbens1 5/13/2012, 9:51 pm

powerslave wrote:I abit torn by these,, there are things I really love about them at the same time for me they were quite dificult to drive.

I had heaps of early dramas with my PC, Game or connection and one or all of these made the mod feel really underwhelming and buggy... had real feel turned on and the feed back sensation was delyed on one track there was a dely in loss of grip well after the corner... I restarted my router, turned shadows to medium and change a setting in my vid setting and then we raced at Manfeild and wow the car really came alive it was driving and feeling like a differnt car...

I have a Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and the Real Feel feedback was some of the best in any mod ever in rFactor lock ups of brakes felt awesome and really had a sence of the rubber meeting the road...

The sounds are really good ( I usually drive bonnet cam )

even with these really strong points I still had a heap of trouble sticking a lap.. I found it very hard to push them even when they felt like they could go quicker and found it Hard to keep it consistant for a few laps... They seemed to run alot better on some tracks then others in terms of use of the curb and that also was a struggle

all in all I think it is a good mod that for me personally would have an amout of learning curb more then others but could make for an interesting series.

Great job the guys at FVR...

Thanks. Just a note that with realfeel, you may need to reverse some of the settings. The Supertourers have their steering arms in front of their wheels rather than behind, which may make realfeel react differently on some systems.

dbens1

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/14/2012, 6:08 am

Hey dbens

Firsty well done on the build you have done a great job.

We had a good test night on Saturday testing it out over 5 tracks. It took a little bit for me to discover that The brake pressure goes out to 130% which I thought was a bit odd not sure if that one is correct or a mistake. But once I used the extra pressure it made a big difference to my laps

To be honest the rest of the night I had a love hate relationship with the mod. Most races I was on the front row in practice times but struggled every race. The problem I was having was the rear end snap it seems to have at certain times. I'm sure it is driving style but I found of the entire night it was pot luck if the rear of the car was going to spin up out of the blue or not. I tend to drive using a higher gear low revs and try really hard not to slide the front of the car.

The mod has a huge amount of grip 99% of the lap but it has either a rev range or speed combination that I found made the night pretty hard. The part I found hardest was the fact I felt most times the rear went around on me I was driving exactly the same as the previous lap.

Im hoping this is driver error but will do more testing this week. It would be good to know if you have had anyone else asking about that rear grip and looping At low revs

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dbens1 5/14/2012, 7:19 am

TTR Benny wrote:Hey dbens

Firsty well done on the build you have done a great job.

We had a good test night on Saturday testing it out over 5 tracks. It took a little bit for me to discover that The brake pressure goes out to 130% which I thought was a bit odd not sure if that one is correct or a mistake. But once I used the extra pressure it made a big difference to my laps

To be honest the rest of the night I had a love hate relationship with the mod. Most races I was on the front row in practice times but struggled every race. The problem I was having was the rear end snap it seems to have at certain times. I'm sure it is driving style but I found of the entire night it was pot luck if the rear of the car was going to spin up out of the blue or not. I tend to drive using a higher gear low revs and try really hard not to slide the front of the car.

The mod has a huge amount of grip 99% of the lap but it has either a rev range or speed combination that I found made the night pretty hard. The part I found hardest was the fact I felt most times the rear went around on me I was driving exactly the same as the previous lap.

Im hoping this is driver error but will do more testing this week. It would be good to know if you have had anyone else asking about that rear grip and looping At low revs

Ben

Hi Ben. The biggest thing most people ask is, are the cars too grippy Very Happy . The default setup is based on one that the guys at MPC sent from their simrig. Of course it is probably based to suit their drivers feeling (and probably his driving style Very Happy So far noone else has mentioned looping at low revs but will have a look. Cheers

dbens1

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/14/2012, 8:20 am

Yeah cars have massive grip in 99.9% of the time maybe to much but i dont think that is a issue. As I said learning to change my style will probably be the answer. There is just this one rev range and speed combo that for me personally the grip suddenly changes when it does I end up going around 70% of the time. The frustrating thing was that it must be such a small range that most laps it doesnt do it when it does catches me by surprise as I feel like I'm still doing the same thing as the previous laps.

This year with my driving have change to really look after tyres not pushing the front of the car at all and I'm guessing my higher gear combos low revs to stop tyre wear are bringing me un done

After the test night walked away pretty frustrated as tracks like Hamilton and manfield I'm always pretty consistent, after some discussion yesterday with kiwi I believe that running a series with the mod is a good option and with time on one track only instead of five in three hours should sort through the issues I'm having.

Thanks for support dbens
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dbens1 5/14/2012, 9:08 am

No worries. We will shortly have Round 2 and 3 skin packs available (and one will contain a patch for the wheel rims being slightly uneven but will not affect online play)

dbens1

Back to top Go down

Post by RR1CH0 5/14/2012, 9:20 am

I also noticed in the replay that the bonnet flickers on and off .... ie dissapearing and re appearing atleast on the richo JMR car it did, didnt notice it on other cars

and the rear end snap i just throttle on easy and as i said above alot more downforce than im used too ... fromt 3 rear 9
RR1CH0
RR1CH0

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/14/2012, 9:33 am

Yeah going to continue to test I have had it up to 10 half the time going with extremely low throttle less than 10%
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 5/14/2012, 4:21 pm

I have done a huge amount of laps in this mod in the last 2 days.... The more I drive it the more I like it....
I had to adjust my driving style and throttle control a bit but now feel pretty comfortable with it.

It has its challenges just like any new or different mod... maybe we are too used to unleashed???

I am going to do a bit more testing tonight and will then probably look at putting a series together.

The server is still up with the Super Tourers on it so feel free to hop on and give the mod a few more laps.

The server will be changed to Unleashed / Philip Island either late tonight or tomorrow morning so you can all practice for this Saturday's races

Cheers... Kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by RR1CH0 5/14/2012, 5:53 pm

I agree kiwi havent done a huge amount of laps but was starting to really enjoy it at the end like you say its a different mod therefor it has to be driven differently
RR1CH0
RR1CH0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down