Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Manfeild Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Manfeild

+4
TTR Powerslave
Berlsy
Hayden Kirk
Webber
8 posters

Go down

Post Manfeild Empty Post Manfeild

Post by Webber 6/3/2012, 9:40 pm

Post away about your race guys

Qual - hooked up a mega lap earlier on Sunday, just chipping away a couple tenths at a time making little fiddly adjustments to the springs. Was stoked with a 1:10.1 considering best I had before that was a 1:11.5!

Race 1 - actually forgot to take fuel out so monstered along with softs/softs/120L. Pretty unimpressive start, but managed to be 4th into T1. Think I held onto it OK, to be honest I've already forgotten how this finished.

Race 2 - bit better start, 3rd into T1 and clung onto the back of Berlsy for a good 10+ laps. Started on softs with the aim to switch only rears to medium (the alfa has a horrible habit of wearing only the rears and having terrible balance late in a stint). After having a brief off into the sand, pitted and changed only rears - whoops, left them as soft! Meant the back half of the race was spent in tyre conservation, leaving me vulnerable to the flying Hayden Kirk, Billy Bob, and racer69 (bad luck running out of fuel).

FANTASTIC close racing here looks like throughout the field! Well done Mozz for the pole and R2 and Berlsy for keeping him very honest in R1. Great to see a good turnout, these cars and tracks deserve it.

Last edited by Webber on 6/3/2012, 10:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post Manfeild Empty Re: Post Manfeild

Post by Hayden Kirk 6/3/2012, 9:46 pm

Had an absoulte ball tonight dicing wit racer69 all night slingin the big Mustang sideways,

Qual 4th which surprised me

Heat 1 diced for the first opening laps with Mozza then I made a t1 slip up followed by running of the track on final corner and then diced with racer to finish 7th or 6th,

Race 2 reasonably uneventful pushing hard for 3rd got caught up with a spunout lapped car n got lucky to get 3rd back.

Post Manfeild RFactor%202012-06-03%2023-30-24-43

Hayden Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 6/3/2012, 10:28 pm

qualified 2nd with a 1:10:1, was pretty happy with that but think i could of got a little bit quicker but was trying to hard and was sliding too much

r1 - had a ripper start and got past moz into turn 1, from there on had an awesome battle with moz the whole race. i could get a gap down the straights but he was all over me in the twisty stuff. managed to hold off moz and got the win.

r2 - bogged down a bit and settled into second behind moz. from there on tried to keep up with the beemer but it had to much pace through the twisty stuff and couldn't get close enough too have a go down the straights. finished 2nd about 5 secs off moz. awesome night again, close and clean racing as usual.

slightly off topic here but would anyone be interested in having an enduro at le mans?

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 6/3/2012, 10:53 pm

Berls I am so keen for an enduro at Le Mans that it isn't even funny. Possibly in actual Le Mans cars, or something with some downforce and speed like old F1 cars or old Group C Le Mans cars (insane), the Porsche curves are amazing with downforce

edit - maybe a 3 hour enduro?! with a bit lower damage so bumping someone doesn't ruin your race completely
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Powerslave 6/3/2012, 11:50 pm

WOW WOW WOW

Had an awesome night again tonight loving the Volvo.. (Yes I said it out loud)

Prob my best night of racing to date..

R1 got an ok start, found myself dropping of the pace pretty quick so I got stuck in and started to make some ground on Benny & Peter, Peter had a spin I think and he ended up behind me I had to fight hard to keep in front of him and eventually he got past but it was a good battle.

Race 2 Got a good start and found myself racing closer to the pack this time the first half I tried to keep a balance between speed a saving tires.. I manage to get in front of a few cars through the pit phase. I had a tussle with Growler for a bit but the Battle with Benny was epic for me it went for the best part of 15min and we both pushed till the wheels nearly came i think.. Growler was pushing hard to from behind and closing the gap near the end of the race a mistake at T1 cost me a place to growler.. But for me I didn't even think about it I was still too pumped from the battle with Benny...

Good clean racing from all it was fantastic... Thanks Again !!

I'm running a 1hr at Le Mans in the Zonda... t's not a full enduro but it might be enough to wet the pallet but it's not for a while too

If it's a one of event I'd be keen to have a run never done a 3hr B4...
TTR Powerslave
TTR Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/4/2012, 7:37 am

Awesome nights racing. Still not a fan of the track, but it created some good close battles.

With the pre-quali thingy, during my praccy last night I managed to get a 1:09.6. Was absolutely stoked to get it, and it put me well clear going into normal quali. During the normal quali I managed a 1:09.9 and was fastest again.

Race 1.
Got the initial jump on berls, but he managed to get me once he got going down to T1. Was all over berls and I think on lap 1 I managed to slip past at the hairpin. The VK and Haydens mustang drove past me down the back straight however, and from then I ended up in a big battle with Hayden. Finally managed, with some defending, to get a gap on him through the first sector and could finally chase after Berls. Got close, even gave him a few nudges to let him know I was still there lol. Finished about .8 behind him.. WD berls, good drivin broheim.

Race 2.
Got the jump on Berls this time and had enough of a lead straight up to keep him behind me on the back straight. The gap grew, when he made a bit of a mistake, then shrunk again when I did. About the pitstop time it was about 3 seconds. I was happy to come out with a 4-5 second gap after the stops.
Didnt give up the lead once, which I was stoked about. Happy days. Tooted at shano watching from the grandstand...

Finished about 5 seconds up on Berls.

Good racing, well done to all.

Looking forward to Puke sprint event.

Oh, and Webbz, in live racers, it says I came like 5th or something instead of winning the 2nd race. Shattered!!! LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 6/4/2012, 8:28 am

wd to mozz on pole nice 1 ... wd to bersly and mozz on the wins... had sum ace battles last nite was awesome....

this car for lemans too would be mint.. dunno if it in a grpc or lemans car mod??

http://www.rfactoresources.com/2010/09/rfactor-mazda-787b-v10-review.html
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 6/4/2012, 11:10 am

Race 1
I qualified 6th or 7th and made a great start which put me 4th into the first corner. Unfortunately the Alfa had better brakes and managed to get in front of me. For the next 2 laps the Alfa was hard to get past but managed an evil late braking manouver to overtake him.
Then I caught the Mustang and had a great battle with him until Kirk when wide on the sweeper before the start.
Then I stayed in 3rd to finish the race.

Race 2
I had an OK start but got caught behind the Mustang this time. For some reason it took about 3 - 4 laps before I got heat into the tyres...but during that time I was going backwards and ended up 9th.
Managed to get through the traffic up to 5th and was catching the Mustang again when I pitted. I forgot to take damage off again so pitstop was a lot longer. Went back out and after three laps the fuel light was on. Went back into the pits, fueled up, fired the pitcrew and went back out.
Was slowly catching Powerslave until he had a mishap and I was right behind him.
Managed to late brake into turn 1 to pass him on the last lap and take 6th.

Good racing all night. Thanks to David for letting the fast cars by...however you don't need to drive off the track everytime!

As for the Lemans Enduro, what about the SCC mod? The Audis are fast but I know of a patch that will even up the cars.
They are fast and easy to drive.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 6/4/2012, 4:59 pm

What a great nights racing, big grid and the racing was so close from where i was sitting, and the driver behaviour was superb from everyone, a real joy.

Qual - Ended up 5th which was ok, had trouble with lines in the first and last corners, i found them difficult to get right but all in all i was happy with 5th

Race 1 - Got a great start but had nowhere to go and got boxed in abit, and was about 7th out of turn 1. Proceeded for the entire race distance to be embroiled in a battle with Webber, Shano, Billy bob, Hayden Kirk etc... really fun stuff and everyone drove fair with alot of passing and repassing. I made some little mistakes towards the end which dropped me to 8th, but after having that much fun 8th didn't matter Smile

Race 2 - Got another good start but got boxed in again and was 6th or 7th again at turn 1. Had a great dice in the opening laps with Shano, Billy bob & Hayden. I got ahead and into 4th when they had a little coming together...and then fell off a few corners later which undid my work.... I figured the race would go about 38-39 laps and worked out i could get 30 laps on a tank of fuel, so i got out of the traffic on lap 11 to make a stop, and then planned to go as hard as possible for the rest of the race to try and jump some people.

It was working out, i came out of the pits just behind Webber and managed to get past and also got ahead of Hayden....before i went off coming onto the back straight and had a big lose. I got going again and chased down Webber and started closing in on Hayden for third place. We were very similiar on pace for about the last 10-15 laps and were about 1sec apart the whole time, i just couldn't close in.

Unfortunatly i didn't pay enough attention to the fuel gauge as i assumed i could make it home, and i ran out as i started the last lap...... BIG THANKS for benny, Webber & David Paterson for pushing me round the last lap to get me to the finish.

Great nights racing and i can't wait for the next NZTCC race at Pukekohe in two weeks.

PS..what are the points looking like at the moment?

PPS... A Le Mans enduro would be great. Perhaps an idea, to keep the 'historic' element of Sunday's, could be to use the WSC Le Mans 1970 mod, or the Group C Sportscar mod? Maybe using the Virtua Le Mans 1977-79 track?
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 6/4/2012, 5:42 pm

Definitely the 1979 track, there's nothing like that back straight. Group C all the way, if such a thing exists! Otherwise Enduracers has the current LMP1, LMP2, GT1, GT2...

Last edited by Webber on 6/4/2012, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 6/4/2012, 5:53 pm

yep virtua le mans for sure, that version looks sweet and the long straights are insanely fast

as for the le mans cars and keeping with the historic side of things the 1970 world sports car championship and historic GT are the only ones i've played,the 70's sports cars are stupid fast and not the easiest to drive but they are bloody good fun cheers

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 6/4/2012, 6:12 pm

Webber wrote:Group C all the way, if such a thing exists!

it does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlOW0dRkm68&feature=related

I've got the mod, will have a search for a download link
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 6/4/2012, 6:20 pm

yeah i have it to racer will upload it if needed ok.....

http://39data.web.fc2.com/rFm.html#touring

grpc mod is in this list guys

or links here if is right mod?

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnmo48mn32jvu5k ----grpc mod

http://www.mediafire.com/?b8m9jqvv3qv2lj8 ----- mazda fix

http://www.mediafire.com/?cbbcuz6g7zr55og --mirror fix

http://www.mediafire.com/?y16a2pl3c4puaiq - p92 fix

ahh this only has 2 cars in mod so may not be right 1?
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 6/4/2012, 7:30 pm

found this group c mod - Sport Prototypes League Edition v2.2

looks really good but struggling to find a download link that works scratch

righto found it - http://www.rapidsharemix.com/?q=rfactor+sport+prototypes+league+edition+version+2.0

it's in 5 parts but downloads pretty quick

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 6/4/2012, 8:09 pm

mint this looks good bersley
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/4/2012, 8:31 pm

Just Downloading it now if you can get me track link I can get it up on the home server for you guys to try out. Will also host the download to make it easier if you like
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/4/2012, 8:37 pm

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 6/4/2012, 8:47 pm

the mod bersly posted is pretty damn good... has mint selection of cars and there mad to drive... im in for a lemans indeed...

i remember the silk cut jag racing at sandown in the early days as a kid... not sure of the year but was in the 80s... mint

oh and just getting in first for mozza... he picks the nissan lol... since there only 1 i grab early for him lol
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/4/2012, 9:30 pm

Server is up for you to have a Test 79 Track Available Here

And Mod
Sport Prototypes League Edition v2.2
it's in 5 parts but downloads pretty quickAvailable Here
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 6/4/2012, 10:34 pm

Jumping on now, thanks for getting that up in record time Benny.

Gonna have to shotgun the Ickx Rothmans Porsche 956.

Looks like all cars are equal btw.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/4/2012, 10:53 pm

Haha Yeh thanks Shano... If its the mod I'm thinking, the r92c Nissan is mine!

I'm away for a couple of days so no testing for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum