Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Hidden Valley Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Hidden Valley Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Hidden Valley Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Hidden Valley Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Hidden Valley Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Hidden Valley Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Hidden Valley Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Hidden Valley Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Hidden Valley Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Hidden Valley Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Hidden Valley

+5
Webber
IcemanForbes
M1N1K0B3
TTR Powerslave
KKR kwik-kiwi
9 posters

Go down

Post Hidden Valley Empty Post Hidden Valley

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 6/16/2012, 10:24 pm

Awesome turnout and a great nights racing...

How did your night pan out?
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post Hidden Valley Empty Re: Post Hidden Valley

Post by TTR Powerslave 6/16/2012, 10:47 pm

Got lots of practice today and the time sheet showed..

Qually went as well as I had hoped it would

R1 got a fairly good start and just tried to use the first few laps to settle into a groove I dropped a little bit on Kiwi but once I got a rhythm started making some ground went from a 2 stopper on softs and tried to push hard a few laps in got shunted in to the sand trap at T1 damage wasn't too bad but lost a few spots, a few laps later got mixed up in a spin in front and ended up into the wall race over..

R2 got another good start a pushed hard on the softs again made some mistakes through out but overall was really happy managed to steal a pos close to the end when sonfa spun out and hit the wall..

all in all good nights racing thanks to all. Very Happy Very Happy
TTR Powerslave
TTR Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 6/16/2012, 11:16 pm

Great night! Very Happy

Only did 10 laps practice before qualifying so I didn't know where I was going to be on pace compared to everyone else.

I managed to get P2 in qualy which was great! Smile

Started on the soft tyres in Race 1 and along with a great setup from Benny, I adjusted my normal aggressive driving style for this race to make the tyres work and last. Had a good battle with Dragu for a couple laps. Pitted for the harder tyre and the one stop worked well and Iceman was trying to pass in the final laps but I managed to hold him off for the win! I didn't really have any practice so didn't know what to expect and it was a great result in the end.

I decided to start on the soft tyres again in Race 2 and manage them as good as I possibly could. Pitted on lap 18/19 halfway through the race and I knew I could make the finish easy while also saving the tyres so I chose to go with the soft tyres again. I was in 4th after my one and only stop and didn't really know what strategy everybody else was on and then I was catching the two guys in P2 and P3 rapidly and I knew if they didn't stop again I could pass them eventually. They both pitted so it was P2 then all of a sudden Nibiru pitted and I was P1! Very Happy haha A good comfortable win in the end.

I had some good battles with some drivers it was great racing! Very happy with both wins tonight and it was good to see I did such a great job on saving tyres as I normally struggle a lot with that. It was similar to the last Formula 1 race at Canada. Most of the guys who were normally calm on their tyres were struggling and most of the aggressive drivers were able to make them work and last! haha Very Happy

Great racing everyone see you all at the next round.

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by IcemanForbes 6/16/2012, 11:17 pm

Wasn't going into tonight with very high expectations, was scratching my head a bit with these 1:04s and even 1:03s displayed on the Live Racers board.
Received a setup from Fijian, who I believe in turn received it from someone else, maybe NuckinFuts, but anyway while it didnt necessarilly add much to the ultimate one lap pace, it was quite nice to drive and better than anything i was able to come up with setupwise.

Went into qual and got into the 1:04s (just) for the first time and somehow managed 4th on the grid.

In race 1 I made a not great but not horrible start and lost a few positions on the first lap, but then the race settled down and I was able to drive at a reasonable pace with the ultimate aim of driving the car STRAIGHT as I was hoping to do a 1 stop all on softs. This worked very well as I found myself passing cars some on track some in the pits and I think I was in the lead when I finally came in on lap 19 I think it was. Naturally I was re-passed while in the pits but soon after I emerged the two stoppers started coming in and I found myself in second and closing on first place man Mini. I kept trying to get a run out of the last corner but just never quite got the move done into t1 and crosed the line second by about a tenth or so (memories of Timaru?)

After I crossed the line and pressed escape the game crashed, which unknown to me at the time caused my force feedback settings to revert to +100% as used for GP2 2011 instead of -100% for V8FU (I had loaded rfactor before race 1 with GP2 as current). I soon found out after I got off the line in race 2 that my steering was in turmoil and was at the back of the field after t1. Scrambling to find the hardware plugins key on the keyboard I got their ass disabled and continued with the race using the same strategy as race 1 and managed to get to P2 near the end but then lost out to Nibiru who must have had some pretty handy tyres at that stage and therefore came home in P3.

Good racing guys.

IcemanForbes.
IcemanForbes
IcemanForbes

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 6/17/2012, 1:09 am

Wow, congrats M1N1K0B3 on the clean sweep against tough opposition, about time that happened!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingFijian 6/17/2012, 10:19 am

Basically it was Saturday night, I hadn't done much practice and wasn't going to race due to the inability to drive this mod with a momo - braking is just a brake and hope into t1 so I didn't want to take anyone out.

I thought I'd have another run at and I got a setup from NuckinFuts which gave my car some stability. Even though I was going to be at the back for the field I thought it might be fun.

I started race one at the back on my green softs, Drove around minding my business and doing 2 stops for softs. Had a pretty good run and finished 11th or so.

Race 2 I started in 11th with a itchy eye. I call it quits once I couldn't handle it anymore and parked it in the pits so I could watch the rest of the race.
FlyingFijian
FlyingFijian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Kirk 6/17/2012, 8:52 pm

Thanks for a great night guys enjoyed the racing and some good numbers,

V8factor never really been one of my strong points but i was happy to stick the car on P6 after qual.

Picked a couple of places of the start and the battled with the EAO car racing on softs but didnt really give my startegy to much thought over estimating how many laps I would get from softs and I had to make it to lap 15 before I could stop for fuel, by lap 15 rolled around I was basically on rims and looped up on the final corner leaving Paul Fieldsy with nowhere to go n bounced him into the curb.
I chucked some intermeadiates on for the long stint and was on epic fuel save mode was going to fall short lap so i coasted the last 75% of the race but trying to hold onto 3rd but I think dropped one spot on the sceon to last lap n finished 4th,

Race 2 sorted out my strategy and battled hard with M1N1 on the opening few laps n pitted on bout lap 10 and just settled into a groove with some open track not really racing anyone for the remainder of the race and managed to pull 6th.

Very happy but gutted I missed Rnd 1 hope to cyas next week!

Hayden Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 6/17/2012, 9:39 pm

IcemanForbes wrote:crossed the line second by about a tenth or so (memories of Timaru?)

haha yea it was similar to the race we had there a couple weeks ago. Except we were battling for 15 laps in that one Razz

Webber wrote:Wow, congrats M1N1K0B3 on the clean sweep against tough opposition, about time that happened!

Cheers Webber! Yea haha I never stop improving and keep getting better and better Very Happy too bad you haven't been around most Saturday nights it was good fun racing!

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/18/2012, 8:35 am

Sorry for delay on report been flat out.

Great night racing heaps of cars and some new faces

I do really enjoy this track always have great speed first sector reasonable but last sector randomly get it correct so wasn't expecting a great result.

Race 1
I thought most would run soft's and most likely change stop twice. So headed out with full tank and controls. Got a shocking start but probably just the fact everyone else was on sprints. Settled into a good pace and car felt really good, I had spent the whole practice I had done (not a lot) getting the tyre life dialled in and making sure the car was able to feel good on controls and sprints. I did sacrifice some out right soft speed but I know that this track the grip is low on controls and switching between the two can be massive change in the car. The tyre life on controls was fantastic and found myself coming from the back of field up to 2nd. Others had stopped but I pretty sure I was going to pop out about 5th or 6th and with on 7 laps to do on soft's and low fuel I was hoping to round up one or two more spots. As I headed into turn one with about 3 laps to go before my stop I ran wide and out in the sand trap I lost a good 15 to 20 seconds getting out plus the time getting back up to speed. I made the stop that lap at headed out on the soft's to have a crack and see where I could get to. Mozza running the same strategy as me stopped the next lap and popped out just in front of me. He made me work to get past we had a great battle for about 5 laps before I managed to capitalise on his wheel spin out of the last corner and went as late as possible into turn one. From here I just pulled a little gap and settled for the position as I had no chance of catching anyone up front.

Race 2
This time decided to start on soft's and make them last if I could make it lap 18 I would double stint them. I started heaps better this time and slotted in behind Dragu, and we had a great battle for about ten laps. I knew I had the tyres and speed to get past but he was driving fantastic and I knew I couldn't risk getting the tyres Hot as I had to get them to last. Unfortunately he had a spin and got through. During the race I had some great little mini races with Flying Fijian and Iceman who I haven't had the chance to battle with up until this point WOW both great to race with and I hope you guys hang around certainly I enjoyed the run. (flying Fijian most of us have run this mod week in week out for over a year so we can always help you with setup if you ever need one don't hesitate in asking) Tyres Last put second set of soft's on but pushed them a little hard early in the stint and had nothing left the last couple of laps.

Congratulations to M1N1 if you have now finally worked out how to look after tyres in this mod we are in for a whole heap of trouble. Might have to stop giving you the setup every week. lol Very Happy

Sorry I haven't been around as much on Saturdays guys unfortunately probably going to struggle to make all of the races but will make as many as possible, I have a so much going on at home at the moment which in this particular case has to take precedence over racing every week. Also Thank you so much to Kiwi for keeping everything running perfectly as you well know it is so much more work than just showing up to race and can take a toll on home life if you're not careful

Benny
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RR1CH0 6/18/2012, 10:05 am

great pace but couldnt make the tyres last.. R1 took off got a 5 second lead tried to conserve tyres but couldnt pit l11 with it looking lijke a 3 stop for sprints decided to push hard for stint 2 getting another 9 laps before i was threw to the wire on the fronts pitted again lap 21 and put the inters on struggled home for 5th.

r2 Iwas in trouble everyone knew what theres tyres where doing the cream had rised to the top and had no choice but to do 2 stiunts on inters only just managed to go half distance with em and somehow managed p4

hats off M1N1 top effort m8 i'm still shacking my head...
So It has come to my attention that I need to practice more tyre conservation because its bringing me down lol.... Stay tuned hahahahah.

great racing guys was much fun even though i was battling to hold a respectable position c ya next round!!
RR1CH0
RR1CH0

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/18/2012, 10:58 am

RR1CH0 wrote:So It has come to my attention that I need to practice more tyre conservation because its bringing me down lol.... Stay tuned hahahahah.

If you can add that to your natural speed Richo it will take you to another level. Happy to help you both with what I have learnt with setups and how to drive the car if you like.

Here is my Setup that mini and I ran http://ttrracing.com/admin/Setups/hiddenvalley.rar This isn't a pole setup it is setup to look after tyres and to enable switch between controls and soft's without it making massive difference

The first thing I did was turn up the sound effects in the sound options so you can here the moment the tyres are working

Braking lockups get tyres hot quickly which will also lead to the front pushing try your best to keep tyres averaging around 100 allround. Once they climb into the 120's they will get worse every lap.

I found the killer on tyres here was Turn 1 and the back chicanes. Sorry for primative picture bu gives you the idea of how I try and attack turn one here, this doesn't work in traffic though leaves you to exposed and or you close the door two hard on someone making a move.
Post Hidden Valley Turnone

Turn 4 (I think it is Second gear left hander) also hard on tyres get the braking done early hard to use ripple strip here as it drags you pretty hard but if you can find a point to hit it can help. The Slow Hair pin turn 5? I take a similar line to turn one.

Around the back starting wide braking early do not get any push on turn in hitting that first inside ripple drags the car around without sliding it two much.

Last corner braking early straighten the car up as much as possible.

Give it a try richo and le me know how you go.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RR1CH0 6/18/2012, 11:50 am

thanks Benny I will certainly give it a go I think my biggest downfall was the locking the the front Brakes think i was leaving lines at every corner been running no Aids also so its costing me there aswell had to turn low ABS on for R2 still didnt help much though the LHF was always above 130 and the LHR above 120 conserving only made them run 10 degrees cooler.... And im hoping hidden valley is one of the worser tracks

thx for the advice m8 i think the only corner i was ok on was the final but i was still locking up all the way under brakes but i could bring it on to the straight nice and smooth
RR1CH0
RR1CH0

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/18/2012, 11:53 am

No Worries also turnone I short shift into 3rd really early to stop the drift out of the corner
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/18/2012, 12:07 pm

WIth Braking Here and at most tracks I don't hammer the pedal so you may need to back brake pressure off a little to maybe 85% this may help lock ups. Ride height can help with braking or softening the front as the car aborbs some of the load.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down