Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Pukekohe  Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Pukekohe  Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Pukekohe  Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Pukekohe  Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Pukekohe  Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Pukekohe  Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Pukekohe  Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Pukekohe  Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Pukekohe  Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Pukekohe  Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Pukekohe

+3
Berlsy
scott39
TTR Benny
7 posters

Go down

Post Pukekohe  Empty Post Pukekohe

Post by TTR Benny 6/24/2012, 9:27 pm

Results are up guys

Post about your night here
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Pukekohe  Empty Re: Post Pukekohe

Post by scott39 6/24/2012, 9:33 pm

I had 2 ordinary races and damaged the car in the feature. At times I managed to string together a couple of reasonable laps and managed to have a run with a few people here and there. Consistency is what is lacking at the minute. I'm trying to drive too fast and not leaving that little bit of room for error. Nearly ran out of gas and the tyres went off well before the end. Figured 1 stop had to be the way to go. Forgot to take into account me scrubbing the tyres so early on haha. Great nights racing anyway. Congrats to the podium. Cheers all.

scott39

Back to top Go down

Post Pukekohe  Empty Post Pukekohe

Post by Berlsy 6/24/2012, 9:36 pm

Another great nights racing, good turnout and a few new faces Very Happy

knew the commo was gonna be super strong here so was very confident of getting a good result. had a good start both races and was able to build a gap and get the win. i'm going over seas next monday for 3 weeks so gonna miss a couple of rounds, might be able to race next sunday maybe.
cheers

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/24/2012, 9:58 pm

Reasonable night racing for me, although wasn't expecting much, being a bit down on my luck after the last one.

Quali'd 4th I reckon, with a lap from nowhere, and put myself amongst the v8 rovers and Vks. No one was gonna touch berls though.

Race 1. Got a good start, dv8 missed it completely and racer and I got through only for me to push him slightly wide before the straight. Spun at the last turn a few laps later and ended up a long way behind.

Race 2. Got another good start. Got around dv8 again and found myself in 2nd. He got past on the straight, as did a mustang. Stayed with them and they both eventually made a mistake, and ended up out by myself. Concentrated on building the gap to the battle with billy and Shano, as berls was gone. Finished 2nd, best I could hope for, to be honest.

Just as a question.. everyone knows how a formation lap/warm up lap works yeh? Just I had a lovely person end up nudging me, after I had just repassed them to get to the correct position.

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 6/25/2012, 9:56 am

Happy to be in a Commodore yesterday, it was the only reason I had a good result. Well done to Berlsy you were way too fast and also well done to everyone on what appeared to be some good clean racing.

Race 1
Not used to this front row start business and didn't get off the line at all. I got up to 2nd before Corty got by in the Mustang, I was on his bumper for a few laps and evenutually the soft tyres gave in and I had to back off for 3rd.

Race 2
Another dodgy start, I lost a few spots this time but made my way back up through the field until I lost the rear on the last corner and hit the fence. I think I dropped to 6th and the car wanted to turn left which probably cost me about half a second a lap and a bit more tyre wear. I made my way back through and after the pitstops I got past Billy Bob for 3rd. I didn't fix the damage in the stop so the car was still a handfull which meant I couldn't catch Mozza. I managed to maintain a nice little gap to the cars behind and came home in 3rd.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 6/25/2012, 10:57 am

Had an OK night.

Race 1
I had a good stable setup from the Enduro but last night it was crap. It wanted to chew out the rears very quickly.
In the end I used my Hidden Valley setup and changed the rears to mediums.
Had a good start and managed to squeeze between two cars to gain a few places. Had a good dice with Benny swapping positions a few times until the rear gave way coming out of the hairpin. Managed to limp home on worn tyres.

Race 2
Changed all of the tyres to hards and increased the fuel.
I had a reasonable start. As soon as the lights changed green I stood on the gas and the Rover just bogged down. In a mad panic I stabbed the clutch pedal to bring the revs back up, dropped the clutch again and away she went in a big cloud of smoke. Made me laugh out loud actually!
Managed to get up towards the front with Webber close behind me. A few laps later I spun coming onto the back straight. I haven’t looked for any yellow paint yet but I’m sure I had a helping hand from a certain Alfa…
That put me second to last so I spent the majority of the race trying to catch everyone. I think I managed to finish 7th – 8th in the end.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by sulley43 6/25/2012, 11:48 am

Had a great night considering I not raced for some time, and at my age you get rusty quick Rolling Eyes

Race 1: Ran too deep into the esses and put the vac on its side against the fence...Chased Benny for a bit and then got a run on the inside to the hairpin and missed braking point to sail into the tyres..limped home after that..silly bugger.

Race 2: This time it was Benny's turn to roll before the back straight, kept nose clean and made steady progress catching a few cars up toward top ten, Benny chased hard after the pitstop and for several laps he grabbed half a sec a lap, but then I sucked it up and pushed a bit and put in a quicker lap here and there and managed the gap, one mistake and he would had me, but was a very good battle, for me at least, no mistakes and you got this I kept telling myself..and well blow my nozzle it darn tooting worked..well pleased with first round with you guys. 7th outta 15.. stoked as...

Thanks guys, bad luck Benny you'll get me next time..maybe Laughing

sulley43

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/25/2012, 12:30 pm

My Pukekohe hoodoo continues. Running these cars more often I'm slowly getting up to speed and learning how to extract the more out of them each event. I was going good in practice had pretty good speed going with low and high fuel. I was averaging around .4 quicker than the previous round here. I also had made changes to the car using a setup Mozza had sent me from Hamilton as my base the car was good.

Race one all but stalled it off the line and by got hang out to dry on the outside turn 2 finished first lap down the back pretty much. Got settled into a good rhythm from here and worked my way back up to a respectful position. Had a good battle with Sulley along the way till ne decided to see if he could tip the tissues out of the tissue box.

Race two
Better start this time had the Mediums on for the first stint pushed them a little hard so and had a go at stunt driving on two wheels on the run into turn 4 but it was then time to test the roll cage out and over she went. Had a great dice with Growler side by side from the hair pin all the way to chicane was great fun mate spewing when on the exit of the turn 4 the black let go on you and round yours went. From here I was hunting Sulley about 8 seconds gap heading into the stop. New tyres and popped out behind around the 6 second mark and gave it everything I had. 3 laps to go for the first time all weekend I had a big moment out of the last corner just trying to squeeze a bit more out of each lap after Sulley had responded to my times. Hit the wall pretty hard and the chase was over dropped 10 seconds.

Had great night enjoyed myself.

I found race two the car was completely different to the enduro round to Growler the track temp had raised quite a bit from practice with pushing over 34deg I think this might have had something to do with it.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 6/25/2012, 2:52 pm

Growler wrote:I haven’t looked for any yellow paint yet but I’m sure I had a helping hand from a certain Alfa…

It was a great battle at the start of race 2 between me and you Growler, fantastic defense. I try to avoid taking people out even out of frustration Razz so had a look at the replay. You were well gone before the tap, and I'd lifted and steered to avoid you but couldn't avoid the Rover parked across the track! Poor luck as that was shaping up to be a race long battle.

Quite enjoyed both races with the Alfa making up on the power deficit by being light on fuel and tyres - I double stinted mediums in race 2 with no dramas. Had a few great little battles in the pack, usually defending against quicker cars, most of the time they got past. I went off the end of the back straight and had a brief spin at the chicane, which put paid to a podium, but I was happy with 6th.

Finally got the fuel, tyres, and launch procedure right in the sprint race and made a couple of spots up over the race which was brilliant fun. Good driving from all.

Points situation is now very interesting with Mozza building a slight buffer followed by racer69, myself, and Berlsy.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum