Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Queensland Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Queensland Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Queensland Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Queensland Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Queensland Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Queensland Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Queensland Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Queensland Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Queensland Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Queensland Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Queensland

+6
scott39
DV_8
M1N1K0B3
MyHolden11
moo
TTR Benny
10 posters

Go down

Post Queensland Empty Post Queensland

Post by TTR Benny 8/5/2012, 8:28 am

Results are up guys

Had a great night with a 4th and a 3rd

Full report soon
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Queensland Empty Re: Post Queensland

Post by moo 8/5/2012, 10:40 am

Well I know I had the pace for the ten but Benny switched to next session when I was just about to finish my qualifying lap. Ah well

Race 1 well don't know what happened at turn 3 but cars were going everywhere and I picked 3 or 4 spots then I was in behind mini when I was conserving my front tyres then I got by the guy ahead of mini (mini n I) got pass then when I was struggling for brakes at the end of the stint lap 15 I locked up the rears and putted mini in the sand but I did re address as he got out of the sand before I could re fire my car up then came pitstops and I was coming down the pits when I realized I was doing about 70 k's then got into my pitstop then just before doing the pitstop I flicked the pit limiter then did the pitstop and then got out of the pits and bam stop go Penlty then came in to server and exited I thought why not try and get 15 so I was beating the car and surprising enough I was doing low minute 9's on a sprint tyre so I caught up to 15th (I think it was sanofa) then lock up the rears again and got overtaken and that was pretty much it!

Race 2
well my race only went for a couple hundred meters. Because we did the formation lap then coming on the pit straight we lined up then the lights went green but the car in front either stalled or stopped( people practice ur starts!!) then spun myself around( by the grass then someone smashed me and their front bumper came of then I was left and the car was haded so I retired..

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHolden11 8/5/2012, 10:48 am

thanks guys! another great night of racing!

Qualifying: i qualified in 9th so i got into the Shootout then in the shootout i got 9th so no improvement but happy to be in the top ten

Race 1: made an okay start then into turn 3 i bumped my speed limiter locked the brakes and turned Hayden around so i waited and readdressed, then had a good battle with Benny then on lap 16 i think i went into the sand loosing heaps of spots and finished 17th.

Race 2: made a good start after a couple laps i was up to 9th, made a move on DV_8 and i got turned around into the coming traffic with a couple of them collecting me, was a bit dissapointed with DV_8 which didnt readdress or apoligize....thats racing! anyway i went to the pits came out but some good laps together, ended up finishing 11th with a good battle at the end.

Cheers guys it was good fun Smile
MyHolden11
MyHolden11

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MyHolden11/253307851428563

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/5/2012, 11:30 am

moo wrote:Well I know I had the pace for the ten but Benny switched to next session when I was just about to finish my qualifying lap. Ah well

You had started your lap after the ten minute mark of the session which is why it rolled over . I sacrificed a couple of lap to make sure I knew which car crossed the line within the time period
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 8/5/2012, 11:39 am

True.. My bad sorry benny

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 8/5/2012, 12:37 pm

Hardly any practice once again but I was confident going into qualifying. The tyres had no temperature for the first two turns in the top ten shootout but the rest of the lap was good and I started in P4.

Race 1 - I was going to finish in second place but unfortunately I got pushed into the gravel and lost a lot of time. I still finished third which was good.

Race 2 - I had the lead on a one stop strategy and I tried to hold off nugget who was on much fresher tyres on a two stop strategy but after a couple laps he eventually got past and while I was about to finish second my connection cut out with 3 laps to go.

I think it's the same connection problem I had last year which I thought I had fixed but it has come back again the past couple of months. I'm definitely going to be getting this problem fixed when I can.

Well done to all who raced and hopefully the next round I can get some luck and it will be much better for me haha Very Happy

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 8/5/2012, 1:24 pm

Had nothing planned so I thought I would come along and have a run. I can't remember the last time I had used this mod, I've only had one race with it and that was at Sydney last year. I jumped on about an hour before the race, Benny sent me a setup and I was able to get up to a half decent pace and would have made the top 10 had I not made an error on the last corner. In both races I struggled big time with tyres so I had to make 3 stops which prevented me from having a good result.
On the incident in race 2 that MyHolden has mentioned a few times, he came down the inside and ran deep into the last corner and come across my line and I nudged the rear of the car, spinning him around. I've looked at the replay and still believe I couldn't avoid hitting him which is why I didn't re adress the position. Anyway I had some good battles along the way and I might have another run in the future.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHolden11 8/5/2012, 2:44 pm

On the incident in race 2 that MyHolden has mentioned a few times, he came down the inside and ran deep into the last corner and come across my line and I nudged the rear of the car, spinning him around. I've looked at the replay and still believe I couldn't avoid hitting him which is why I didn't re adress the position. Anyway I had some good battles along the way and I might have another run in the future.

ive also had a look at the replay, i had no room on the outside you had two car widths on your right, you picked up the throttle and simply spun me around, the thing which annoys me is that you did not readdress or apoligize, please just make sure next time you readdress. cheers
MyHolden11
MyHolden11

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MyHolden11/253307851428563

Back to top Go down

Post by scott39 8/5/2012, 3:15 pm

Lol a bit of carnage out there last night. I didnt make the top ten qualifying 13th so thought I would do 2 stops to try and compensate for a lack of pace. Had an interesting battle with Iceman for a good while as he was on a one stop strategy. Seem to be running into Iceman a bit lately! We swapped places a few times and I ended up in sixth behind him so not a bad result. Race 2 was an abortion from my perspective. I managed to tap Pod after outbraking myself I think at turn 3 but didnt turn him around luckily. Then 5 laps later I turned Flying Fijian around. Just a case of not giving him enough room...sorry about that mate. I learned my lesson in shame at the back of the field haha. Somehow ended up 7th so must have been a few incidents out there. Was good fun. Cheers all.

scott39

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/6/2012, 12:17 pm

Saturday night thought I was in a bit of trouble in practice sitting around tenth. I knew my setup was good and decided to make no effort to work on getting it up to speed of the front runners as my plan from the start was to single stop.

Qual
I enjoyed the top ten format I happy to keep it going if everyone else is enjoying it as well. I forgot to set the server for 10mins practice two which meant I had to monitor qual time and make sure knew whom crossed the line before the 10 min mark. Even with running less laps than I would have liked to made the ten. Headed out first struggled to get enough temp in the tyres for turn one and two. Then lost a little more time as I saw fijian come in and wanted to get someone to let him know to not head out on the track. Not the best lap I think without the distraction probably would have been able to gain one or two spots but was still very happy.

Race 1
I ran down the outside line into turn 3 as I wanted to be out of the way and not get involved with anyone trying to win on the first lap. Unfortunately mid corner others had been involved in and I got stuck waiting for them to get going which put Iceman Hayden and myself all at the back of the field. All three of us were on 1 stoppers as it turned out but although we all had more pace than the cars in front we were all struggling to get through the field in the first half of the race with quite a train going. I made my way through found myself second after a lot of cars had made their first stop. GroupCAction was on fire and even with his stop complete he still pulled out in front of me. Without the holdup at the start and the laps caught up in the train I would have been a lot closer but nowhere near enough. After my stop I popped out back about 8th which was pretty happy with considering how much distance I had lost and knowing cars in front other than mini as it turned out were going to stop again. After cycling through the stops again was back in second but didn't have enough gap to hold out Nugget and Mini so finished 4th. Pretty happy with this not pushing during practice and just working on tyre life had worked quite well for me. Was really impressed with Pisstank and Fijian in this race both drove fantastic and had good speed had good battles with them along the way.

Race 2
Starting on the second row was great for my one stop strategy and had nice wide but I thought fair Commodore for the first half of the race. Had a great battle with DV8 and Hayden before the first stop I was a little slower through the turns than all the two stoppers but made sure I put my car in a position to get off the corner good enough that they couldn't do heaps about getting past. I got a little lucky with accidents which gave me some positions. Heading towards the stops I had made the a little break on Hayden whom stopped a couple of laps prior to me (due to not being able to fight the last couple of laps of race one I wanted a little better tyres for race two at the end) Hayden got passed after we cycled through the stops getting the advantage of fresh tyres for two laps. I wasn't concerned and felt confident that I had the speed and tyres at the end to put the fight up to him going by previous parts of the night when we had run together. I was wrong badly hayden was flying I made a mistake turn two second lap chasing him and ran wide costing me 6 seconds. From here I was running in the mid 8's for most of the stint but hayden was still pulling away each lap slowly taking the lead out to 10's ( Very impressive Drive Hayden). In the last few laps the gap started coming my way not sure if it was due to traffic or the tyre life difference but it was enough to get me pushing again and got the gap back to 6 seconds until pushing too hard ran wide. Ended up 3rd in the race after mini's internet crashed which was a shame but no one could touch Nugget in this race with a great drive and well deserved win (go to see you internet issues appear to be gone now Nugget)
Overall very good night for me was really happy with a 4th and a 3rd for the night, a shame to see Kiwi having issues as he was looking really strong in the championship.

OK ADMIN HAT TIME DON'T Enjoy this side but has to be Done

There were a few comments above about others driving please note to all that WE DO NOT AIR THESE ON THE FORUMS OR ON THE NIGHT TO THE DRIVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

Firstly it is easy to be hot under the collar straight after a race and submit a protest, but its best to sleep on it and review the replay again when you are fresh and calm to be sure you are not clouded by anger. At Trans Tasman Rivals we have decided that no protest can be made until 24 hours after the event once you have slept on it. From past experience please once you have written your protest, leave it for a couple of hours come back and read again before submitting it. I personally have found that once I have written it I get anger off my chest and when I come back and read it I find I don’t quite think the same. But all Protests Concerns Etc must be made to admin or the Moderator of the event not at any stage on the forums.

The reason being as much as can be frustrating on the night but quite often you find it takes two to tangle not always we have worked hard on making this a friendly place.
I have reviewed the ones stated above and here as you guys started it here airing it I believe the people that have read and not see the incidents have the right for the results to be shown here as they didn't defend themselves as they could have. I'm aware there were other incidents but others didn't complain or submit them for review

First one Myholden and DV_8
From what I saw from DV_8's view it looked like Myholden was gone, from DV_8's view it looked that myholden was going to run off the track, he held his line but was wide as well as he had braked late himself to make try and hang on to position (well within his rights)
Mid corner My holden was all but stopped as he finally gets it going and gets it to turn in it leaves DV_8 nowhere to go pretty much. Playing devils advocate I guess DV_8 could have eased out a bit but knowing DV_8 had my setup I know that if he had of rolled out would have had the front push more (probably off the track) as rear drives the car through that corner. For me this is just a racing incident

Only just read this now "I have also had a look at the replay, i had no room on the outside you had two car widths on your right, you picked up the throttle and simply spun me around, the thing which annoys me is that you did not readdress or apoligize, please just make sure next time you readdress. cheers"

Myholden if it was so easy to turn it in and use the that inside line how come you weren't. Both cars were at maximum braking DV8 got his turned in carrying normal speed where you had to park yours and then get it turned in.

Second One Moo on the start line yep the car didn't get the start that you did that it quite common down further down the field. Maybe he did practice but couldn't see the lights, maybe the car in front got a bad start as well maybe being new he was being cautious all legit reasons. Moo you launch great but then pulled to much lock on with two much throttle and around you went by yourself. I know you were probably annoyed but what about poor Dano that wrecked his race after you kept it pegged and spun back on to the track.

Ok I'm sure both of you think I'm being way to harsh but once you made the issue public it deserves to be explained to everyone that read it Both above are examples why WE DO NOT COMMENT ON THE FORUM or the night.

For a league to work we need trust in our fellow competitors and from this a lot of us have built a friendship and certain trust and this is what makes the league work that way it does. Bagging out a driver or excusing another competitor in 5 mins of anger will take a hell of lot longer than 5 mins for that member to trust you again. Everyone at some point is going to make a mistake and effect someone elses night it happens and anyone that things that some stage they aren't going to is kidding themselves. This is why we have the rule most people all though annoyed after a day realise it is only a game.

Last edited by TTR Benny on 8/6/2012, 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 8/6/2012, 12:39 pm

yeah.. sorry dano.. least this will be a lesson for me to be learnt...

hey benny if u have both races can u send them by email?

coz i would really like to see my race again.

email is mwoodward@y7mail.com

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/6/2012, 12:59 pm

I will Upload them and send you links Moo to big to email
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 8/6/2012, 1:05 pm

ok thanks benny next time i will make sure i have the replays recorded..

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/6/2012, 1:15 pm

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 8/6/2012, 1:32 pm

cheers benny

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 8/6/2012, 2:10 pm

moo wrote:yeah.. sorry dano.. least this will be a lesson for me to be learnt...

hey benny if u have both races can u send them by email?

coz i would really like to see my race again.

email is mwoodward@y7mail.com

Hey it's ok Moo.

I thought you'd forgotten to turn TC back on after you'd been doing those burnouts in the pits.
That's what it looked like to me.
I wound up with broken steering but my race was already off to a bad start anyway.
When I pulled up to the grid after the formation lap I got a warning saying I wasn't lined up properly. I reversed and tried lining up again but I still got a drive thru penalty.
I'm really not sure what I did wrong.
Should I have been able to correct it? Does anyone know anything about this?

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 8/6/2012, 2:27 pm

Um I actually have no tc all the time no auto clutch no nothing. When ur lining up for the grid what I do is line the car up then I press page up(goes into swing man view and I rear view the view so I'm looking t the front so I can line properly. Then of course don't go over the white line or even move forwards or backwards

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingFijian 8/6/2012, 6:03 pm

I knew I was going to be late to the event as I went to a mates to watch the Chiefs. I got in and saw qualifying and was like yes I can get some laps in. Only to see a message come on saying don't go out. Sorry Benny for the distraction. Anyway as it clicked over to race I was hoping it would let me race and not do the Sandown thing.

Anyways short summary of the night. Race 1: Starting pretty much last I slowly worked my way up the field. I had good battles with Hayden and Benny along the way. It was a pleasure to race you guys - just good clean racing. I think it also had to do with our strategies of conserving rubber. I finished in the top 10 all I remember.

Race 2: I spent half the race looking in my mirrors at Forbesy after a bad start. As expected he didn't try any glory moves. I slowly caught up to Nuckin in the last lap and passed him with the rubber I had saved up. All good Scott, I know the feeling when you screw up someone elses race. That why its called racing Smile

Been a while so memory hasn't been so good with this stuff just remember the battles.

In terms of the above stuff - alot of leagues use FILSCA rules for determining conduct - google it and you should be able to find a copy. I have raced a reasonable amount over the years and know that issues bought to forums like above can affect community participation. I have been hit several times over the last few weeks and I haven't said anything or protested because you can't change what's happened. In my circumstance I had been given apologies from the other party involved. But usually the steps I follow are:

1) The other party apologies and I accept it,
2) I discuss the matter with the other party on TS and/or private message
3) if the other party does not take action or I am not satisfied with the response (or if the same person does stuff regularly), I would go to the admins (admins are busy people too so I don't go to them for every little thing).

Remember every rfactor league is a community made up of people and you may not always get along with, but that does not mean you start war with them. Try solve it yourself or see a admin.
FlyingFijian
FlyingFijian

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 8/6/2012, 6:45 pm

My 2 cents worth... we have rules that have been in place since we started... they work... what doesn't work is people that have not read the rules and appear to have no respect for their fellow sim racer. (not necessarily pointed at anyone in these incidents... so chill)

Please take time to read our rules... they are very reasonable and we are not asking anything you would not find at any half decent league.
If, for any reason, you do not understand or disagree with the rules, please let me or Benny know and we would be more than happy to discuss.

As Benny has said, we will not tolerate any abuse either verbal or text form against another drivers. Follow the process we have in place and we will do or very best to sort it.

kiwi

KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 8/7/2012, 4:10 pm

Was a good fun night had... Wish i got to drive this series more often, especially with the sprint tyre it makes for different strategies going on.

Cheers to Benny for the setup... Was a great starting platform that i only slightly changed to my driving style. Shootout was great fun, very high pressure going last... Was stoked to take pole.

Race: I got a great getaway, into T1 it looked like a few came together or went side by side for a few corners that aloud me to get a gap. From there i tried to nurse the tyres for 1 stop but when i looked at the condition i knew it was going to have to be 2. So i drive the wheels off the Commodore the whole race... Very happy with my drive to take first.

I hope to make more rounds as the season continues. Smile

groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum