Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.

+6
racer69
DV_8
Webber
David Paterson
Dave
shaynskyline
10 posters

Go down

Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Empty Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.

Post by shaynskyline 11/25/2012, 9:45 pm

FINAL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Finalstandingsr

WD to all drivers for a great race at a . . . track that cars race on.

WD to Corty for the series win. And the championship podium grabbers too.

How was your race?

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Empty Re: Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.

Post by shaynskyline 11/25/2012, 9:53 pm

My race was a shocker lol. But i had done 0 practice. So i prolly shoulda skipped it.

First race, i started at the back. Everyone was waiting for lights i guess and i got the jump on about 8 cars, bcuz im smart and start when the LCD clock sets off. LOL!

Was up to about 4th by the second turn haha. But i fell back, pretty quickly and was 10th or so by the end of the first lap. Most of the race i was chasing a clock. But had some good laps chasing around Bodee in the other M3 in the race. Good fun.

Race 2, i got stuck behind peter on the grid and had no where to go but managed to get around him and was running in 6th for a few mins, but eventually my inexperience here, caught up with me and i was falling back.

Pitted and came out all alone with half the race to go, so i muffed a couple corners, and waited for Bodee to catch up when he pitted. The rest of the race we went around having some close racing. Was good fun.

Sorry to Racer for slamming him in the rear on R1L1. Just forgot to brake honestly.
Hopefully i got out of the lappers way alright. Sorry if i scared some people.

Looking forward to the WTCC series next year.

Its been a great series even though i missed a fair chunk. Im glad i got back for some good battles at the end. Thanks for the races all.

Thanks to admins for setting everything up every week.

Seeyas.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Empty Re: Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.

Post by Dave 11/25/2012, 10:19 pm

Hell of a night!

I qualified 5th, just outrunning DV_8 in the other Skyline by 0.017sec.

Race I, wow. I think I speak for all of us when I say I was frantically searching for the lights, and ended up going after I saw Corty take off.
Shayn made a huge run through the middle of us, but I went under brakes into T1 and tucked in behind Corty.

Chris was leading but ran off at T9, and I was now sitting 2nd chasing a Sierra. Kept him in sight for a couple laps before he hit the bouncy tyres at the T2 chicane. I had the lead for, oh, half a lap? I scraped the wall under brakes at T1, and what I'm guessing is a collision issue resulted in the dopest 360 backflip you've ever seen an R31 do. Amazingly, I landed wheels-to-floor and I only lost two spots!

Chasing DV_8 down the hill into T9 and I went deep under brakes to go by on the inside, although I forgot to grab 1st gear and held him up for a second. Sorry! I tried too hard to run away from DV_8 and started to get messy, so he was all over me. While we were battling racer69 was hauling through the field and took both of us on the run to T9. Unfortunatley, I didn't see him and bumped him, so he yielded. Sorry to you too! He then took me on the way to T1, and from then on I managed to settle into some kind of pace, with DV_8 still close behind.

Racer also met the bouncy tyres ( Cheers for hopping out of the way so fast, you're a champ.) and I retook 2nd. I didn't even notice that Corty pitted on lap 12, and seeing as I had good pace late in the tyre life, I kept at it until lap 15. Although the 360 backflip had an effect on my roofline, I left the damage in order to save time. I rolled out into 7th and racer immedietly pressured me into some drifting, and went by at T9. However, on the tight switch into T10 he also went drifting and I briefly retook my position. He went by at T1 again, but I managed to keep him in sight, and I kept trying to gain under brakes into T9.

After all the pitstops were done I was sitting 3rd. Kept at racer's Sierra and managed to make some ground, but he lagged out with two to go. Tough luck, man. It was awesome battling with you. Meanwhile, Corty rolled it on the last corner, probably for fun, and while I made some ground he still easily took the win. Not that I had a clue, but that secured him the championship, so congratulations! I took second, which is my highest finish in my month or so here, and my first podium, so I was really happy!

When suddenly, Race II decended upon us.

We all lagged out when the Warmup restarted, and I lost my tune. I also forgot to load one of my others, so I ended up on the grid without one.
I now knew their wasn't lights, so I payed more attention to Corty's launch. However, wih no fuel to shove the rears down I had a terrible launch, made worse by pulling 2nd far too early, bogging, and getting in everyones way. Ended up four wide into T1, and I went around, getting in everyones way some more. Everyone went by, and then I understeered through the T2 chicane into another pileup.

Thank god, we had a restart. Loaded a tune from Winton, or somewhere, and hit the grid. I tried to guess the start, which was stupid, and I ended up with a drive-through for jumping. Got properly cross with myself, and drove too hard to try and somehow mend it. Got really dumb and tried the same late-brake-at-T9 deal on DV_8 from way too far back, and shoved him over. In turn, he had a horrible line into T10 and ran into me, shoving me down the exit road. Serves me right, sorry mate. Field went past, and joined Berls and Pete in party lane. Did the drive-through and went on my way, with not much motivation to do so.

Berls ran away in the VL, and I went drifting for a while. There were some other cars and there was abit of racing, but I wasn't keen for it, so I pulled in on lap 15 and put it in the garage.

Congratulations to Berlsy, who somehow made it back to 4th last I saw, and props to Pete, who accidently took a stop on his drive-through, so he had to sit for 20-odd seconds and then do the drive-through the next lap. He was well down, but he was still going when I gave up, so props for seeing it out.

I'm still stoked with my podium, so I'll just savour that. Congratulations to the Race II winners, and I'll see you guys in the sub-2litres next Sunday.

EDIT: Oh man, sorry Shayn! Didn't realise how bad that was just piled together. Hopefully it hurts your eyes less now.

Last edited by threetwoskyline on 11/25/2012, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Paragraphing.)
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 11/25/2012, 10:23 pm

Gees. Some paragraphs would be awesome Dave. That was hard to read.

But nice recount of your race though. You did a nice job. WD on the podium.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 11/26/2012, 2:55 am

Been so busy I didn't do any pre-race practice. Missed qually and logged in just in time for race 1, only to find I have the wrong version of the track. Proof there that you should always practice mid-week.

I wasn't confident that I could d/l the correct track in time for Race 2, so i simply didn't bother. Thanks to those who ran the series and congrats to the winners.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 11/26/2012, 2:37 pm

Congrats to race winners and series winners. Awesome race by the sounds of it
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 11/26/2012, 3:00 pm

First of thanks to all who competed in the season and Racer and Benny for keeping the series running smoothly. My best results were a second at Sydney and I think I grabbed a 3rd at Barbagello. It was my first season in the Skyline, it's quite a good car to drive but let down by its heavy fuel consumption which killed its chances in any race that was simulating 200 km.

As for Sydney I qualified 6th, I had set better sectors but couldn't put a lap together

Race 1 wasn't great, just didn't put good laps together I think some of that was having to avoid spun cars but ended up in 4th.

Race 2- I nailed the start and jumped to a brief lead. Got a bit mixed up with Dave which unfortunately saw him lose a few spots. At about half distance I was in 2nd behind Corty by about 25-30 seconds behind before he stopped. I didn't go for tyres on my stop and made a slight gain but he ran away from me pretty quickly. Spent the rest of the race defending from Racer. He got by late but made a mistake soon after which put me back through to 2nd.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 11/26/2012, 3:51 pm

Thank you to everyone who competed during this years Championship, whether it was for 1 round or every round, none of the fun we have every Sunday is possible without people competing, so i thank you all for a good series of racing and look forward to many more in the future Smile

Firstly big congratulations to CortyGT on the Championship win. You've driven so well this year and fully deserved it, and you nailed the triple crown as well, winning the Sandown & Bathurst enduro's as well Smile

My night;

Qual - Wierdly enough i didn't mind this track. Its very....different, but it was rewarding the rare laps you got right & didn't hit a barrier. I managed to secure pole position with a lap i hadn't turned beforehand, which was encouraging for the race.

Race 1 - Like most i got a bad start without seeing the lights, but was sitting second or third out of turn 1......until i got to the second chicane and ran over it. I fell back to about 6th and was amongst the big battle that raged from 2nd-7th, was great fun. I made another error a few laps later so decided to make my pistop early and put my head down.

That worked and when the pitstops shook out i was embroiled in a great dice for second with Dave. He had the Skyline flying and was giving me a very hard time, until i unfortunatly got a disconnect a few laps from home.....

Race 2 - After driving the RS500 for so long i was hoping to send it out in style from the back of the grid, and got a great start and towards the end of the first lap i was in the top 5, until i overshot one of the chicanes and dropped back. I got going again and a few laps later was back up to 2nd but Corty had disappeared. I put my foot down but had another lose at the chicane, just managing to get out of the following cars way. I again decided to pit early and try and charge home. Had a good little dice with Dave again until i went off at the same chicane again (that was a problem for me all night lol). When the pitstops had sorted everyone out i was in third with DV8 a few seconds ahead. I was quicker over a lap but i was making my time up in the tight corners.... the corners where you needed to be close to make a pass on the next straight DV8 was getting me there, i had alot of understeer at turn 1, turn 5 and the section onto the main straight.

I managed to get up the inside into the turn 2 chicane, but a few laps later, with DV8 chasing hard, i ran wide and he got back up the inside and raced to a great second place, well done.

Been a great championship from my point of view, look forward to the next one Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.  Empty Post Sydney 500/ Post Championship Thread.

Post by Berlsy 11/26/2012, 5:12 pm

first of all, a big thanks to racer and benny for running this championship, and to everyone that raced. i've had some awesome battles though out the year and it has always been good clean racing. congrats to corty for the championship win, your just to fast mate and i had nothing for ya and also congrats to pete for getting 3rd in the rover bounce

qualified pretty well and got the big commo into 3rd place.
R1 - like half the field missed the start completely and fell back to 7th or 8th. had a 4 way battle with pete, dv and dave for half the race until i stuffed up one the chicanes and rolled a few time times. drove flat out from there on and ran the fuel tank dry. tried to stopping for fuel only hoping to make up a few spots with a short pit stop but towards the end of the race my tyres were buggered so couldn't really challenge anyone, came home 3rd i think

R1 - tried to anticapate the start but got a bit keen and ended up going way to early so got a stop go with along with pete and dave. was good fun coming back through the field and had some top battles along the way to. pitted at about the half way point and went flat out for the rest of the race and came home 5th Very Happy

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/26/2012, 6:58 pm

Not shattered I missed the final round. Had too much fun karting, much better than trying to drive a shithouse FVR interpretation of a shithouse circuit!

Well done to Berls and Pete in the championship. Good work fellas - pete in the Rover too. Top notch mate.

Guess we should also thank Wally for his mid season menopause session and for deleting all the points and stuff. WD mate, made it easy for those who took over, that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/26/2012, 7:58 pm

First as Above Congratulations to Corty Berlsy and Peter on your results, Corty's drive at Bathurst was the a high light taking on and beating Webber at a track I hadn't seen him get beaten at when he is racing serious which he was on that night. I missed up until Hamilton so not really much chance of any result but happy with making the top ten in quality fields we have.

I same as Racer actually do enjoy the track, Once you do a few laps and come to grips with how narrow and hard the chicanes are it is pretty rewarding when you get a good lap in

Race 1 didn't go great had a couple of accidents and but used the second half of the race to get a little more speed out of the car.

Race 2 Got a reasonable start and was cruising around in 5th with Kiwibrick all over me he made the move at the end of the straight in the early laps and from there is was on. We had a great battle if you read this kiwi I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Finally sitting a foot from Kiwi's tissue box brought me undone clipping the inside of turn 10 looping it and doing some pretty good damage.

Had an enjoyable night very tough track doing 25 laps to back it up and go again was even tougher.

Thanks So Much To Racer for running the second half of the season and Webber for jumping in and helping out with running mid season couldn't have done it without you guys. Without people like yourselves nights we have wouldn't go ahead thank you for all your hard work. The best thing to come out of the early series issues was the fact that i got a little more serious about running with you all and sundays and have though ally enjoyed myself just about every night I have raced with you all.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwibrick 11/27/2012, 7:14 am

Yeah benny that was a pretty hard out little battle we had there, I was bouncing off walls a couple times trying to brake late enough to stop you getting me under brakes, the brick had just enough grunt to pull a small gap out of corners to keep me ahead though! Was pretty hairy for a while there while we were bottled up behind shaynskyline!
kiwibrick
kiwibrick

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 11/30/2012, 12:19 am

Well I showed up to this track with no practice at all, loaded a setup from another track and tweaked it a touch. I think I had one lap then it turned to qually, did 3 laps and just pegged 2nd place. Tweaked it a little more for race 1 and got it spot on.

Race1- Got off to a great start in the first start but everyone one sat still, then I thought that I either jumped the start or it was a warmup lap, then everyone swamped me lol. The restart I bogged it down, settled in about 3rd or 4th and everyone in front pretty much fell off and I think racer droped out ? putting me in 1st and stayed there the rest of the race. was a little hairy near the end as I hit a tyre bundle on the last corner and rolled it on the roof chewing up all the lead I had. confused

Race2- Got a better start and by this time I knew the track and stayed in the lead for most of the race I think ? finished 1st with no dramas.

Well what a great championship this had been all year and a big thanks to the admins and/or people that keeped this going all year ( Racer, Benny and Webber. I think that was it ?)
Really enjoyed the battles all year cheers
Never thought I had a chance of winning the championship as I missed a few rounds and I think I had a net drop out in one of the races early on. Basicly I came back after all this with nothing to lose and went for broke every race.

Yes Benny, for sure the highlight for me was also the Bathurst win and probably my best clean and consistent drive ever.

Its a shame Shano missed the last few rounds as he was leading pretty much the whole way with a big gap in the points, I think it would have been close at the end between us.
Also racer69 had alot of disco's in the last 4 rounds or so, which would of also made it close.
Anyway congrads to Berlsy for 2nd and Peter308 for snaching 3rd in the last race of the champoinship. cheers cheers
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum