Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event

+7
Yaystenny
dano
Obbzy
TTR Benny
shaynskyline
TTR-Chrisrx
racer69
11 posters

Go down

January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Empty January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event

Post by racer69 12/15/2012, 1:00 pm

January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Egtrophy1

The 2013 season kicks off with some WTCC warm up events during January, starting on January 6th at Zolder in Belgium.

Group A touring cars raced regularly at Zolder in the 80s, the main event for these cars being the "EG Trophy", usually held as their round of the European Touring Car Championship.

We are reviving the "EG Trophy" to kick off Sundays for 2013, as a lead in to the WTCC starting in February. We will run the event with 2 races of 15 laps (each race will last 25-30mins). This is a similiar format to what the sprint races in the WTCC will be like.

Here are the details;
January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Egtrophy2

The second race will be a Reverse Grid race, with the Top 10 finishes in Race 1 reversed on the grid for Race 2.

Please note the ineligible cars (BMW 635, BMW M3 Evo & Ford Sierra RS500)...... You can race the Ford Sierra RS Cosworth from the 1987 ATCC, BTCC, WTCC folders.

The track is in "Track Downloads" on the left hand side of the page

Please make sure you have downloaded EVERYTHING in the "Sunday Mod Downloads" on the left hand side of the page. This will ensure you have no problems getting onto the server.

*If you have already chosen a car for the WTCC series, you are under no obligation to use it in these January events. Feel free to try a different car, use the races to work out what car suits you best if you are undecided, or if you have chosen a car you can use these events to test & get at one with that car before the WTCC starts Smile

As a pre-curser, here is the EG Trophy race from Zolder in 1988
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYiN6NhuL40
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Empty Re: January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event

Post by Guest 12/15/2012, 1:10 pm

Looks great bossman. Good times ahead for TCL!

Back to top Go down

January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event Empty Re: January 6 - Zolder "EG Trophy" Event

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 12/15/2012, 4:31 pm

i'm in
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 12/16/2012, 10:31 pm

woooo Zolder. Im practicing already. No really, i am.

Have to look up what my lap times were like last time i ran an M3 there.

Could be interesting lol.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 12/21/2012, 10:06 am

Ok Guys anyone needing Templates you can download them here http://ttrracing.com/admin/mods/TCL_Templates.zip I don't believe all cars are available to skin

Custom skin for Jan Series You need to have them to me via email benny@ttrracing.com by 3rd January I will need the DDS File and the vehicle I'm adding it to so I can create a skin pack for people that want to download it.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/1/2013, 9:17 pm

Server Is up guys
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Obbzy 1/3/2013, 3:17 pm

I don't think Live Racers is working properly on this server>
It ain't posting times & there are 4 "servers"??? scratch
Obbzy
Obbzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/4/2013, 10:05 pm

The Custom Skins Are now Available for Download http://www.ttrracing.com/admin/Patches/TCLCUSTOMSKINS.rar

There are a few Changes so if you have made your own Skin Please Note I changed the Names of the DDS files to you names so people know it is your skin when they are choosing a car. So delete your original and replace with these ones

Also Flying Fijian I changed your Cars numbers as the 3 m3 and 11 VLtwr are already popular skins and from the start with the custom skins we said we would not add them to popular skins. So your m3 is now car 4 and TWRVL is car 38

Also Corty and VP your cars are WTCC87 Car 17 Corty car 8 V8vp

I have to check the server and make sure the WTCC87 cars are enabled will get this done soon

So anyone that wants to see the cars people have made download the pack and you will see what they made on the track. The Files are structured in such a way that if you don't download the skins it doesn't matter and they haven't replaced any original files

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/6/2013, 5:01 pm

Have been doing some testing in two cars and not sure which one I'll start the race with tonight but looking forward to it.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 1/7/2013, 8:13 am

I really enjoyed racing here last night.

I really struggled for pace leading up to the races. Then in race1 I somehow didn't have enough fuel, dunno what happened. I pitted halfway through and chucked on some mediums. I came out a lap down in between Corty and Dave,1st and second and managed to keep pace with them to the end of the race and stayed between them. That surprised me a lot.

Race2 I had enough fuel, I can't even remember how I went except I was in the groove really enjoying the track. looking forward to Donnington.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaystenny 1/7/2013, 12:08 pm

Awesome fun last night guys. Epic track and close racing. I was sweating by about lap 10 of the first race trying to keep that little merc of mine up to the leaders.

Race 1: Good start. I had softs on and they went off about lap 10. I hit the wall at turn 1 on lap 8 and had no pace in the last few laps.

Race 2: I ran mediums and was having a good battle with chris and the skylines. I got past and sat behind corty to about lap 13 when i started to catch him. Got from 4 second gap down to 1.3 which i was pretty proud of in the little merc.

All i can say as i have found my beast for next season. I love the merc. I actually have fun driving it unlike the serria were i feel like im just hanging on. I'll be back for more.

Yaystenny

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/7/2013, 12:38 pm

Like others I too had a ball last night. I did a bit of practice in the afternoon and had the Skyline and the merc both into the mid 46's both with nice easy to drive setups. I decided to go with the Merc in the End only as I knew it would be consistent all race long. The disadvantage of running it I knew getting past the The skylines would be hard as the gap I would loss down the straights each time meant I had to get a past done mid corner as I wouldn't be close enough in the braking zones.

Qual struggled early on but then with 3 mins left realised that due to My rfactor crashing I hadn't reloaded setup. So got one lap in and stuck the car in fourth behind the two Sierra's and the Yaystenny in the other Merc.

Race one
Had a good start but just a little too far to turn one and both the Skylines made it past. From here I settled in behind them with FCDean and myself having a great little battle. Dean let me past probably to let his tyres settle down to make the distance and then I proceeded to make a mistake and dropped in behind Growler who was flying the Rover. In true Rover Form the car broke a few laps later so I was left to chase back down FCdean and Yaystenny till the end .

Race two was much the same without the mistake this time leaving me to be able to pressure Dean for most of the race. Unfortunately with a a few laps to go he had a spin and left me a easy run till the end finishing 5th

Looking forward to Donnington not sure now competitive the Merc Will be here.
Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 1/7/2013, 1:04 pm

Thanks for the setup you sent me Benny, I assume that was a skyline setup otherwise your merc setup made a really good skyline setup. Smile
Like you said it was nice to drive. I still wasn't much faster in practice and qualy but in the race I was.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 1/7/2013, 3:32 pm

I gave the VL commodore HDT a shot, which is what I intend on running in the WTCC. Zolder is pretty much the worst track possible for it. I actually just loaded up an old VK setup and it seemed to work pretty well with just changing the gearing. Just drove around on my own in race 1. In race 2 I think someone forgot to brake and turned me around on lap 1 and then I went off into the sand the next lap. I spent the remainder of the race just trying to push the car a bit harder and managed some better lap times.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 1/7/2013, 3:44 pm

Couldn't have hoped for a better start to the TTR calender!

Managed a 1: 46.8, which landed me third...for a while. Benny and Stenny
both stuck the Merc infront of me on their last laps. Good effort, you sly buggers.

Race I:
I had an alright start, but Dean in the Calsonic R31 had a blinder! T1 was busy, three or so wide,
but I don't think anyone even bumped, which is awesome driving by everyone.
Went by Ben under brakes at T5, and settled in behind Dean. He ran wide on T4 which was enough to give me 4th.
I had a little gap to Chris' Sierra, but I kept him in sight, mainly thanks to the intense battle he was having with Stenny.
Stenny was all over him, and tried under brakes at T5 lap after lap. Good stuff!
Stenny went into the sand at T1, and I set my sights on the Sierra. I managed to close up the gap, and Chris had a
few slip-ups, and I made it by at T2. He didn't give up easy though, and I had to juggle between
not mincing the tyres and not losing the second podium step.
Held him off for second, and my celebration burnout was so awesome that I was disqualified from the warmup lol!

Race II:
Again, alright start, but Chris was quicker than me and I fell off at T5. Him, Dean and Stenny went by, which put me fifth.
I got a run on Stenny into T12 and went under brakes, but he got me back at T4. Tactically used the RB to spool the enourmous turbo
it's attached to and edged back infront, but he somehow managed to grip around the outside at T5. Props for that move!
Had a bit of a run on Dean, so I tried at T7 and ended up on the inside, which quickly became the outside and also the worst place
to be trying to race a car. To add to my problems, Corty arrived. He did the thing where he goes really fast, and went under
brakes at T12 with ease. Droppped it into first and tried to criss-cross, but I ended up on the outside of the last turn, and that was
the end of that. He just ran away. Next lap he went around the outside at T12, which was awesome to watch.
By now it's lap 8 and I'm sitting 4th. Now, last time I got 2nd, in the race immediently after I DNF'd. I was DYING for two podiums
in a row, so I was giving it the beans. I made ground on Chris at T5, and gave it a go at 7. No dice, but I was close enough
for a run at T12. I made it but I locked a wheel, and he made it by at the final corner, with abit of door rubbing.
Next lap, same deal. Gained at T5, tried at T7. This time I got far enough up, so we went two-wide through the narrowest
part of the track. Tried at T12 again, and just made it. Chris got back at T1. Tried at T4, but stuffed it and lost some ground.
Caught up again, and tried at T5. Got along side, but not past, and we rubbed doors again. I had a run at T12 again, but I didn't
pull out of him slipstream in time, and I added 400hp to his Sierra. That increase in power buried him in the sand, and by the
time he got it out Benny was almost on the scene, so he retook third and we legged it. Sorry !! Eventually made it by at T10,
and managed to hold off Chris for third!

Post-race:
Nobody had downloaded Donington, so there was no post-race haha!

So happy with the result for the first race of the year, and the racing was awesome!
Great dicing in both races, but it was clean racing too, which is great. See you at Donington!
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 1/7/2013, 6:49 pm

yeah, first race i had no tyres at the end and was trying to nurse the sierra home, ended up getting a flat in last corner, 2nd race went for hards on the front and was a little slower at the start taking my time with the tyres getting to temp out in front after corty's rare mistake. some great battles. if only the sierra had 10 more hp.
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 1/7/2013, 7:44 pm

I'm not a TCL regular but after the great racing here I might be a convert.....

Had a few close battles... and more than my share of offs.... but still had a great time

kiwi kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 1/7/2013, 11:40 pm

Great Track !! always like racing here.

Qually:
Got a PB and put me on poll.

Race 1:
Got a great start of the line and took off like a rocket, when I thought to my self this cars handling too good and relised that I still had qually tyres on (soft front & Med rears).
I knew the tyres would go off at the end, so tried my hardest to get a good gap fore when the tyre did go off and got it out to 10sec or so, which was enough for the win.
The meds on the back lasted quite well but the soft of front were cooked.

Race 2:
Had my race tyres on now and got away to a great start again but came off on the first lap in the sand, I think the harder tyres caught me out and took a few laps to warm up. Slipped back to 6th or so, had some great battles and pulled some passes off that put me back in the lead.
Towards the end Yaystenny caught back up as tyres were going off again, would have been interesting if there was another 2 laps or so, well done mate and well done to all that showed up.

Going to be an interesting season in the low HP Sierra as its strenght is obviously is at the start of the race, but easily caught by other makes at the end.

May try some other cars over the next few races.
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 1/10/2013, 7:25 am

see how you go with a supra corty
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 1/10/2013, 7:37 pm

Am I the only one with no sounds for the Supra?
Do you guys just use sounds from something else?
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum