Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Race Teretonga Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Race Teretonga Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Race Teretonga Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Race Teretonga Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Race Teretonga Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Race Teretonga Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Race Teretonga Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Race Teretonga Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Race Teretonga Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Race Teretonga Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Race Teretonga

4 posters

Go down

Post Race Teretonga Empty Post Race Teretonga

Post by TTR=JD 1/15/2011, 10:37 pm

post away guys with a race report.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post Race Teretonga Empty Re: Post Race Teretonga

Post by TTR=JD 1/15/2011, 10:53 pm

Qualy got pole but only just as Kiwi put in a flyer for the 2nd week in a row to almost pip me as the clock ran out.

Race 1 Kiwi got the jump on me and was driving very well, after a couple of laps i spun in coming on to the front straight so from then on i was playing catch the kiwi, lol. Great win to kiwi was happy with 2nd and Benny 3rd.

Race 2 Was able to get a win on the board with a decent margin back to kiwi & ben. Kiwi had my problem and spun early in the race coming onto the main straight.

Race 3 got a shocker start and had a good battle with Ben & Kiwi on the opening lap and after a while i put some very consistent laps together to pit with a 12 sec lead. I had run a low 58sec lap & after coming out of the pits thought i will have a crack at a 57 in race trim!! Silly idea i lost it twice in 1 lap and kiwi & Ben both past me. So i slapped myself up the side of the head and said to myself what are you doing you idiot. So i settled down and set out for Ben first as he was in 2nd, i was catching him and just as i honed in on him lucky for me i guess he pulled 1st gear instead of 2nd and had a big drift, but i was able to avoid him without any fuss. Next it's time to try and catch kiwi who had around 3 sec on me at this point i think. He was driving really well & was almost holding the gap so i thought as i noticed we had 5 min to go i have to give it my all and i pulled it back to about .800 and then realized we are about to start our last lap. I thought i am not going to catch kiwi as he was driving so well and as we approached the last turn onto the straight to start the last lap there it was a rare mistake from kiwi as he outbraked himself under pressure Wink and i passed him and held on for the win.

Well done to Kiwi & Ben on the podium results. Also well done to Dano & Wally. Great clean hard racing as always guy's. Cool Very Happy Smile
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 1/16/2011, 7:14 am

Qualifying
Thought I could get close to JD as I had good sector times (just not on the same lap) so again i left it to the last lap to get close.... 0.09 seconds!! Very Happy

Race 1
Got a good start and after JD spun, I just drove like madman Twisted Evil and prayed (who said men can't multi-task)
My first win for this series cheers

Race 2
Spun on the first lap and ended up at the back of the field... got back to third and then spun again as the tyres were going off...... then just looked after the tyres and kept my position....

Race 3
Had a great battle with Benny during the first half of the race.. then had a slight off and pitted that lap.... Put my head down and when Benny exited the pits back in front of me.. I pushed hard and got back past him.... Saw JD go off the first time but he was still 9 sec in front.... then he went off again (and thought jolly bad luck JD.. honest!) Wink and Benny and I got past.......... out came the madman again! Twisted Evil ...
Could see JD get past Benny and catching me... (I was trying to work out how many laps left vs the rate JD was catching me - I really should disable the box that tells me the gaps!... multi tasking again!!) Last corner, second to last lap, watching the mirrors!.. didn't release the brake early enough to turn in and ran over the outside curb.. JD got past for a great win....

Had an awesome night guys, really enjoy the hard clean racing...
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 1/16/2011, 7:35 am

Great race report kwi. Didn't realize it was you first win for the series, Congrats my friend cheers

It appear's we both have thhe same problem watching those sector split's & gap split's. This just got me thinking Idea How good would it be if rfactor2 could tell you your gap by voice to the driver infront & behing at the end of each lap. Has anyone got any idea when rfactor 2 is likely to be released?

I had a ball last night, we really did have some tough battles going on everywhere and very clean racing.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/16/2011, 10:05 am

Had a great night yet again

Qual
Put it into 3rd was battling to get close to JD and Kiwi's time in all practice but dialed the car in for 58.1 in Qual was very happy

Race 1
Was Following JD the first few laps until Wally26 closed in and we had a great battle for 5 or 6 laps. All though had dialed in quick setup in qual struggled very quickly with right hand front and couldn't hold Wally out and dropped back around 12 secs with a lap or so to go. I then saw wally having to pit for fuel gifting me a podium which was great for championship but not very deserved.

Race 2
Good start and held on to second from lap 2 to the finish. I was holding up wally and he made a great move into turn one ( which I was being care full in due to destroying my tyre in race one) but made a mistake a couple of corners later and I forced my way back through. It was shaping up to a great battle but Wally out broke himself into the last turn and choose to destroy his car and race instead of tagging my car . That is perfect example why I like running with you guys .

Race 3
Got a Blinder with a higher fuel load it just hooked up and was gone, at the end of lap one had a bit of a lead. Didn't last JD hunted me down and went through as well as Kiwi. Wasn't able to follow JD but managed to hang around Kiwi making sure he worked for his result. Not sure if my adding extra fuel on the line gained me track position during the stop or a good in lap but I managed to pop out in front of Kiwi. Did it really hard the first lap on colds as Kiwi was all over me. he got a run on the main straight and went on by into turn one. A couple of laps latter found myself in front of JD after his spin and I was planning on doing everything to fairly hold him out and get those second points. I did ok for about a lap or two with us going around side by side through turn one but with a defensive line leading into one of the corners found my self in third instead of fourth and banged it back two instead of the one I should have and had a massive moment. Luck I Didn't tag JD gaining control and he was gone. Just lapped then and settled for 3rd.

i really didn't think I would be writing a report saying i got podium in all races after last year being lapped in two races, specially after race one turning into a repeat of last year before being gifted Third. So overall wrapped in my results. Very Happy
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Race Teretonga Empty post terertonga

Post by Wally26 1/16/2011, 8:34 pm

I haven't enough time to go back through the replays for report.

But I would like to say I am so happy to be back, Benny and I are right back into our fantastic battles from TOR and XGN and once again I am SUPERimpressed by the high driving standards shown by everyone here at TTR.

Dano, don't ever get discouraged, you are knocking on the door of being fast and after our battle previously I am so glad to see you improving so much and also driving to the clean style as do all of the driver's here.

I am so lucky and priveldged to have met you all and driving with all of you is always very rewarding no matter what position I post on the night.
W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum