Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Winton Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Winton Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Winton Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Winton Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Winton Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Winton Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Winton Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Winton Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Winton Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Winton Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Winton

3 posters

Go down

Post Winton Empty Post Winton

Post by TTR Benny 2/8/2011, 9:54 pm

Post away guys

Results up

Post Winton Round-two-results
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Winton Empty Re: Post Winton

Post by TTR Benny 2/9/2011, 9:35 am

Although everyone kept saying how strong the bmw would be here in testing I knew that the big cars would be quick here. I just didn't expect Racer69 and Webber to be so quick.

Qual put it into third and was pretty happy my only hope was that the skyline and the Vl would destroy tyres if they ran at the pace the qual at and knew my car was just as quick on hards.

Race 1
Didn't pan out I choose Very hards to be safe and the car was shocking most of the race set fastest lap for me last lap after finally getting enough heat into them. Had a good battle with wally couple of laps who was on softs and drove past while I was sliding off the road trying to get some temp in the tyres. I got through on wally on and made a break and never looked back. Got gifted second again with Webbers computer crashing real shame as he has performed fantastic this series so far but gained next to no points with computer problems.

Race 2
Second Race in a row was second grid but rfactor put me 3rd on the grid skipping 2nd have to look into that. Made it hard off the line with Kiwi and wally getting me into turn one. With hards back ont he car was able to push hard after second lap and was all over wally. I managed to get through after 4 corners of trying the criss cross set me up for a run up the outside leading into the back straight ( so much fun making the move at this track you can really set it up a few corners back knowing it isn't going to pay off till a certain point on the track). Wally was a lot quicker this race and I was pushing really hard trying to get a little break on him and made a mistake running a wide out of turn 2 and letting him back through. Took a lap or two to catch back up but once I did I was starting to apply pressure sitting mm from wallys bumper coming on to the main straight when he had a moment and I got into the back of him. Unfortunately for both of us the hit launched me off to right and out to do some mowing allowing dano through and Kiwi to make a little break who had spun at the same time. Once I turned the car around after nearly shooting across to the back straight found wally sitting at the side of the track waiting as he believed it was his mistake that caused my off Very Happy thanks for that. Set out after Dano and Kiwi, Dano had found some series pace and I was pushing out good times and only just closing in. Kiwi must have found a bunch of bolt ons parts for the rover as it was cracking to (great drive). As I approached Dano he made got to much wheel spin and spun leading on to the back straight (bad luck mate you were driving fantastic, I make the same little mistakes everytime JD comes up behind me, everyone else I just drive my own race but for some reason with JD I tend to try a little harder knowing it is going to be hard and make little mistakes really quickly) Now for Kiwi thought 4 laps or so to go the Rover must have woodgrain panels, radio's probably seat mounts broken and stuff falling off everywhere in that car by now let alone the pommy electrics holding out Very Happy should be good for second. but no with a great drive Kiwi dragged the Rover home for a strong second place I couldn't even close the gap Well Done mate

Congraulations to Racer69 fantastic drive you shame webbers computer dropped out as I believe you two were enjoying the race till this point.

See you next week when you lap the bmw Very Happy
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 2/9/2011, 10:12 am

I turned up not having practised or tested enough and having never raced here before.
I thought I was going to trail badly behind but I was quite happy with how I went in the end.

Race1

I made a really slow start. I was expecting everyone to clear off but that didn't happen. I could see Wally in front holding up Kiwi and Benny, that kept me close to the action.
But just a few small mistakes here and there led to me losing time. I trailed in last but I wasn't too far behind so I was reasonably happy.

Race2

I made a better start but still wound up trailing the field.I stayed close enough to take advantage of the mishaps on the main straight, I managed to sneak up on Kiwis tail after he'd had his off. For the next few laps ( I dunno how many ) I gradually closed the gap right up and sat on Kiwis bumper for quite a while. I kept calm trying not to force the issue and waited for a gap while studying the wood grain on his panels but there never was one. Great driving Kiwi. At the same time I had Benny closing in from behind. I knew it was just a matter of time before he got in passing range but then I just made the slightest mistake, went off and fell into the clutches of Wally.
I did my best to stay ahead, sorry Wally I got a bit messy on a couple of occasions but once I pulled a bit of a gap I just needed to drive calmly to the end keeping it on the road.

Bring on the plains.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 2/9/2011, 3:43 pm

Race 1

Went of at turn 3 firtst lap when i again pushed the clutch instead of the brake Embarassed . Let the field passed and then proceeded to chase the pack...
Was very surprised at the speed of Wally's 'rolla (great driving) and it was only the extra straight line speed of the mighty Rover Shocked ... that made the difference.....
Tyres came on in the last quarter of the race.......

Race 2

Discarded the wood panelling..... dis-connected the AM radio and threatened the pig (Rover) with crushing if it didn't start performing like a real race car... affraid (only joking baby... I would never hurt you)

Had a good start and the mighty Rover performed great (I have no idea why... Rolling Eyes )... pushed as hard as I could.... then had the off coming on to the pit straight and thought that everyone would get passed... looked in the mirror to see Benny and Wally having a off as well... set off again, Dano gave me a scare for a few laps...... was stoked to finish second..... cheers

Great racing guys..................
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum