Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Yas Marina Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Yas Marina Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Yas Marina Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Yas Marina Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Yas Marina Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Yas Marina Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Yas Marina Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Yas Marina Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Yas Marina Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Yas Marina Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Yas Marina

+2
TTR Benny
TTR=JD
6 posters

Go down

Post Yas Marina Empty Post Yas Marina

Post by TTR=JD 2/10/2011, 10:52 pm

Tell us how your race went.

Post Yas Marina Yas-results2
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post Yas Marina Empty Re: Post Yas Marina

Post by TTR Benny 2/13/2011, 4:00 pm

How did people enjoy Yas. Do you guys want to run an endure here or somewhere else after mainfield. Was thinking if we run 90 mins

But if no one really enjoyed it here then we can choose somewhere else
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 2/13/2011, 4:23 pm

Benny, I wouldn't mind doing an enduro here, but to be frank there are probably another few tracks that would be just as good. Yas was good for the run-offs not ruining everybody's race when they had minor offs which could be good in an enduro.

I'm looking forward a lot to the V8s this year. Obviously people have been putting in the hours and I spent a few of them during the morning of the race getting to proper grips with the bitey setup I'd developed over the week, and learning lines. The Logitech wheel I invested in a couple of weeks ago isn't yet as fast as the XBOX controller, but the precision is coming quickly and you can tell that the reflexes will help in real life driving as well.

The setup and lines paid off in a tight qualifying. I think JD (the defending champ) didn't capitalise on his pace, if he'd pulled out one of his best laps it would have been close. As it was, 1:14.0 did the trick for pole.

Race 1 was textbook for the most part, with a bit of close racing in the middle with JD. After pulling out a bit of a lead, his tyres came on and he closed up. A run into the penultimate corner side-by-side (he on the inside) was very exciting! I tried the "brake early and hope he can't make the track on the exit" strategy, and luckily it worked - the Falcon went deep into the run-off zone. After he went off the track I didn't expect him to challenge at the next corner, but he did, so I inadvertently turned in on him - apologies for the bodywork scratches JD! He got me back a couple of laps later with a bit of a tap causing the Webber mobile to run wide and he slipped past. Then I pitted early since I knew I had good pace on fresh tyres and hoped to leapfrog him. Despite coming across a minikobe who wasn't going to let me by in a hurry, that's exactly what happened - JD must have had an unlucky pit stop. From there to the flag a comfortable gap. Very honoured to win among such high quality competition as all those who raced.

Race 2 I took a back seat for the first couple of corners and had to dodge the stricken JD who had hit the anti-cut thingo on T1 apex. I was just settling in with a double overtake of Dano and Kris on the back straight when he restarted the race - fair enough, that's horrible track design. Second restart was very close. I gave JD a couple of "how's your father" taps into the hairpin so let off the accel to let him back in front. After that it was working through the very friendly traffic to try to pin down the lead - a feat I couldn't do this time. JD's pitstop was perfect too. Congrats on the win.

Well done to all who raced, it was a pleasure and I'm already looking forward to the next round. It was a shame we couldn't have Benny and kwik-kiwi along - poor commitment guys, next time sacrifice your social life for TTR!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/13/2011, 4:40 pm

My second thought for an enduro was Laguna Seca but I thought with the run off here as well it would enable people to run longer as you said

Most of you guys just ran here so if you would prefer somewhere else just let me know
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Yas Marina Empty enduro thoughts

Post by Wally26 2/14/2011, 9:21 pm

a lot of guys might be missing bahrain and it is a great hall of fame track, just my thoughts

Had great fun at yas and the driving standards once again was high, Well done to all the guys but especially Dano who proved nhimself to be a excellant racer to me.
By far the most improving driver I have seen for some quite time. Dano you are fantastic when you have your eyes on mate.. well done, I can't praise you enough.

Webber what a fantastic drive which shows what some dedication and practice can do.

JD not to be overlooked, still King of the racers with a great drive in the second race, stepping up to the benchmark set by Webber.

Wd to all, great racing
W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 2/14/2011, 10:04 pm

Sorry i haven't had the chance to do a race banter but i have been extremely busy with work. Great right up from Webber. cheers
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/15/2011, 1:14 pm

GOD DAMN IT! If I hadn't been invited to Yas to watch the racing I wouldn't have missed this event. I'm pissed that I had to but it was a bloody goos few days away from NZ!

Congrats to you all that raced on Saturday. Come Clipsal tho there will be a more determined than ever and better prepared ME turning up to show you a thing or 2.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 2/16/2011, 10:07 am

I forgot about this.

I had a good night, I quite enjoyed the track in the end. It was way difficult to learn.
I'd been on an enduro here. The short tyre life would make it fairly interesting.

Race1 and Race2

My memory is a bit vague now of the details.
But any way I had a good time. Mainly I remember spending most of the time keeping ahead of Wally, I was running right down the inside of the curvy long straight and changing my line elsewhere just to avoid towing Wally.
It was totally enjoyable and I'm stoked with two podiums.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/16/2011, 1:03 pm

Gotta add I like the way you have presented the points there JD. Looks really nice and the extra info makes it even easier to keep track of your statistics throughout the season.

Just my thoughts anyway.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/16/2011, 1:43 pm

It was Me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Had to do this season as last year we didn't need them was easy to work out how many races JD had one, just count the amount of races we have done. lol!

But With Webber Stepping up for a series dip at the championship thought better add some more info
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/16/2011, 5:41 pm

WOOPS!!! My bad Embarassed there Benny.

I'm impressed never the less.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 2/16/2011, 11:01 pm

To answer Benny's question,

I love the track

Hate the mod so bad.

It's pretty boring to race and im just pulling up testing laps and there is no competition between anyone with just 'me' at any event. It seems like good fun when i see the times being so close between others.

I really can't be bothered testing as i'm not interested in the mod anyway. Just pull up on the night for some laps and a bit of fun as well.

If i practice i doubt i'll be up with Webber and JD as i can't get a setup to work for my liking. I'm horrible at setups and reading 'guides' is not the way i learn. And plus i absolutely hate the mod as well...

anyway enough ranting by me Very Happy lol

clipsal should be more fun as i should be more prepared for that event Very Happy

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/17/2011, 11:39 am

You will have noticed that JD was a been Penalised 60 points after the weekends round at Yas.

On the weekend it was brought to my attention that we had The Rule that contradicts it's self regarding was the edge of the track and using Curbing and I was asked to look at the way the curbs were used on the weekend at Yas. The Rule Did Read "Most tracks have white lines and/or kerbing defining the edges of the track. Competitors should keep two wheels inside these defined edges at all times. If you continually have all 4 wheels on the inside of the curbing (2 wheels not on the road surface) you will incur a penalty" Reading this rule it contradicts it's self especially at a track like Yas when the curbing can fit the whole car on it with dropping over the far edge. I do apologise for the rule being written his way it was my text that created this problem.

When JD Watched the Video he was surprised how much Curbing he was using and explained it wasn't intentional and hadn't realised how much he had been using. All he was doing was lining up the apex as close to the inside of the curb as possible which in this case because of the wide ripple strips ended with his car positioned completely on the ripple strip and no wheels on the tarmac. I was in the position that the way the rule was written it was very grey area and JD was the first to put his hand up when it was brought to his attention that he should be penalised as the drivers that had interpreted the rule with the second part of is description were using a lot less curb and the driver would have been disadvantged.

The Rule has been changed to make this clear "Most tracks have white lines and/or kerbing defining the edges of the track. Competitors should keep two wheels inside these defined edges at all times. If you continually have (2 wheels not on the road / Tarmac surface) you will incur a penalty""

So to make it clear to everyone on a track like Yas even though the wheel on the side closest to the edge of the track (out edge of curbing) has not gone over two wheels must remain on the tarmac surface.

I have watched the replays and my practice vision and I missed the round but if I had of raced I would have been running a very similar line or enough of a line to JD and probably wouldn't have had two wheels on the actual Tarmac surface for a enough of the race to be the same situation as JD. This was a similar situation for 90 percent of drivers on the weekend allthough not quite as often (anyone who has watched JD racing knows that he achieves what alot of don't hitting the same apex mark lap after lap when I know personally can never get that Consistent) no one else will penalised but a strong reminder so that everyone is on the same level playing field this is the way the rule is to interpreted.

This problem in the rules on really came to head due to the size of the curbing at Yas and as I said I would have been running a simialar lines. I don't really believe this clarification in the rules will change anyones experience as no one in this league sets out to gain an unfair advantage.

Regards

Ben

Last edited by Benny on 2/17/2011, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/17/2011, 11:46 am

On the Enduro I have watched more than enough of YAS this week to be happy with another track. But instead of enduro why don't we wait for this new UTE mod due very soon and fill some saturday nights with Fun Races after mainfield and before round 6 at Hamilton and give this New mod a go.

If JD can let us know when it comes out if it is in time we have two weekend avaiable 26th of Feb and the 5th of march to have some fun
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum