Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Symmons Plains Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Symmons Plains Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Symmons Plains Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Symmons Plains Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Symmons Plains Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Symmons Plains Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Symmons Plains Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Symmons Plains Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Symmons Plains Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Symmons Plains Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Symmons Plains

5 posters

Go down

Post Symmons Plains Empty Post Symmons Plains

Post by Webber 2/15/2011, 9:17 pm

Post Symmons Plains Ohdear10
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post Symmons Plains Empty Re: Post Symmons Plains

Post by dano 2/16/2011, 11:40 am

Nice work Webber. Laughing

I really enjoyed this round even if I messed up on fuel in the first race.

Race1

I made a poor start and wound up behind Kiwi and Benny who I knew I should be ahead of based on lap times. So I set about chasing them down.
Benny made a small mistake after a couple laps and that allowed me through.
I caught Kiwi but finding a way through was always going to be tough. I was being cautious in the heavy braking zones because I wanted to make sure I was there at the end with good tyres, that made it difficult to get close enough to Kiwi to make any real move.
Near the end I was getting closer because he was sliding around a bit and I thought patience was going to pay off but then noticed I didn't have enough fuel.
I started the next lap even when the fuel meter read 0 laps. I only just managed to roll into the pits for a refill.

Race2

Another poor start but this time I managed to get ahead of Benny and Kiwi after a few laps.
That put me in third which I was happy with. But then Webber jumped the fence at couldn't get back in D'oh!
I figured 2nd would be awesome so I focused on keeping it smooth till the end.
Racer had a couple of minor spins which allowed me to catch up and then pass. I was stoked, Racer gradually hunted me down, I was still driving cautiously after Racer's spins.
I freaked out for a second going into the hairpin at the end of the 1st straight. Racer had gotten down the outside alongside me. I decided it was worth defending under brakes so I stayed on the inside and aimed to tippy toe round the inside forcing him to the outside lane. I locked up at the very last second and slid a bit wide, I was fraking cos I thought I was going to hit Racer but thankfully for me he also slid wide.
Into the last 2 corners on the last lap I started to understeer and had to scrub speed which put Racer right on my bumper, but there was no room in the last corner for him to get round. Phew!

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 2/16/2011, 12:54 pm

Huge congratulations Dano, a well deserved win! And well done to all others and especially racer69 for being fast again.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/16/2011, 1:28 pm

Qual where I expected the Little bmw was great but to many straights to give anyone any dramas. Was pretty happy to be pushing the rover in qual though.

Race one
The bmw just launched and managed to stick it between Dano and Kiwi but had to Surender in to turn two. On the run up the back straight was all over Kiwi and went to go the inside Embarassed even after reminding everyone about cold brakes ran very deep into the corner and wasn't sure if I had dragged kiwi wide or he had made the same mistake so thought it best to re address and get back on with it. I made little mistake about lap 3 and dano was through I dropped time on kiwi and couldn't really close it. Got lucky with Webber spining the Big Commodore (god knows how you kept it on the track that long they are a serious handfull here) and Dano ran out of fuel in third. So on a track the BMW was looking best at 5th managed 3rd which is great for championship. Great Race by the increasingly impressive Racer69 and back luck to Webber who I don't think has any luck go his way all series.

Race two
Made a mistake lap one off the track and had huge ground to make up. I chased as hard as I could the whole race getting with in 2.5 seconds of Kiwi with 4 to go and thought I was in with a shot of getting him at the end. Had a big sideways moment out of one and dropped it back to 5 seconds Embarassed . Closed back in but only but it back down to 2 seconds I think as he crossed the line. Was extremely happy to see Dano cross the line first very impressive drive mate cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Great night You crashed just a little to far into Race 2 Webber for me just to restart it without asking everyone and little hard to ask everyone when driving without destroying my race. I looked at the timer when you said you were stuck but it almost at the 5 min mark

Expecting the BMW to be great at amaroo just have to learn track also expecting Racer69 and Webber give me a hiding on out right pace again.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 2/16/2011, 4:02 pm

Gave the mighty Rover an overhaul for this round with plastic chrome hubcaps and fluffy dice from SuperCheap Very Happy

Race one.... Wondered why Benny had stopped to let me past Cool but i don't have a "WTF" button on my quick chat (have now)
Had a great race and think Dano would have caught me if he had enough fuel.....

Race two.... Really pleased how this race went as well.. Benny got close near the end (my pedals were slipping away under the desk!!!)

Great night with great racing from all.... impressed with how Shazam keeps her line and lets you go around... it makes it easy when people don't do something unpredictable... Very Happy

Also..... WELL DONE DANO.... .well deserved win mate.... must be that "westie - drive it like you stole it" driving style coming through .

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/16/2011, 4:44 pm

Im going to be watching out for that door coming off now Kiwi and You have to watch to end but look out next round we have a new weight penalty coming in for you Kiwi at the next round

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 2/16/2011, 6:06 pm

Really fun nights racing Smile

Race 1 - I got a good start and held 1st around the opening lap, my tyres took a while to heat up so i was abit cautious on the first lap and had Webber all over me, unfortunatly he had a half lose at the hairpin that let me get away. I was able to maintain my pace and went on for the win

Race 2 - Kwik made a great start, and led until the back straight when me and Webber got past. Webber then rounded me up at the hairpin and started getting away, and i was having to have quite a go to keep up when unfortunatly he got stuck at Coke Corner and couldn't resume. I had around 5secs on dano late in the race when i made two mistakes under brakes which allowed him ahead. I caught up on the last lap and tried a desperate around the outside at the hairpin when he took the defensive line, but i couldn't hold it and he got away. I had a go at the last corner but dano held on by 0.1s for a very well deserved victory.

Thanks for the great racing again guys, especially Webber and dano, roll on Amaroo, where Benny's BMW will be right at home Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down