Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Pre Melbourne GP Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Pre Melbourne GP Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Pre Melbourne GP Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Pre Melbourne GP Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Pre Melbourne GP Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Pre Melbourne GP Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Pre Melbourne GP Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Pre Melbourne GP Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Pre Melbourne GP Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Pre Melbourne GP Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Pre Melbourne GP

5 posters

Go down

Pre Melbourne GP Empty Pre Melbourne GP

Post by TTR Benny 3/20/2011, 9:59 pm

Pre Melbourne GP V8Supercars2

Round 3 Melbourne GP

Pre Melbourne GP Still_bacon

ORSM V8 Unleashed is here and we will run our first league race this weekend with this mod
You will Need to Download the Base Pack please Choose one
http://www.mediafire.com/?1ffskg446dqz69a
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ca01..._BETA_v0.9.exe
http://hotfile.com/dl/110125767/c396..._v0.9.exe.html
http://depositfiles.com/files/oqfk25sk5

You will also need the 2010 Skin Pack please Choose one
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ca01...n2010_v1.0.exe
http://hotfile.com/dl/110129024/4cf2..._v1.0.exe.html

Track Is Albert Park Melbourne GP4
http://www.mediafire.com/?xieg1twydzy

you will also need

Curb Fix http://www.hitensile.com.au/Melbourne-Gp4curbfix.rar
I had a go at trying to get server to run sprints without overighting our Melbourne folder but no luck so the event will run on controls with one CPS with a Four tyres as a must

Tyres Are set as x 2

Fuel is currently set x 1 which I believe gets around 12 Laps but I haven't had time to test as yet. It will be changed to make sure everyone has to add fuel to the vehicle but unfortunately am busy tonight so will test tomorrow If anyone has five minutes to let me know fuel consumption would be greatly appreciated so we can set the fuel times amount so everyone knows and can start testing

Last edited by Benny on 3/21/2011, 3:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pre Melbourne GP Empty Re: Pre Melbourne GP

Post by TTR Benny 3/21/2011, 1:30 pm

Unleashed Setup And Driving

I have noticed that the Unleashed mod Does have the car sliding quite a bit compared to the previous version and I can achieve quicker times by using this method which is so realistic. I have also noticed driving this way the tyres wear extremely quickly

You may have all read in the ORSM forums his but Just thought I'd post to assist people in learning to drive these cars.

When Asked about the tyres getting hot and wearing quickly the response was as follows:

This is actually a good thing and how it should be. This means you have to drive within the tyres and not just what the car can do. Set up and driving style is the key to a fast and consistent lap time. You may think your slow compared to others but you'll finish when they want. This is how it is with real racing of any type. The lock ups, Side ways sliding, Pushing through the corner so your dozing the fronts is all now a no no. The key to driving a V8 it not to drive it like a F1. Square off the corners. Slow in and fast out. Straight line as much as you can but stay on the black stuff. Yes it's a hole new learning cure but if what I've heard about the tyre physics of rF2 you'll need to learn this style of driving as they will penalise you far more severalty then these are now.

Drive within the tyres.

A good idea is make sure the sounds are turned up to full. You'll be able to hear the pain your putting into the tyres. If you hear the tyres squealing through the corner your pushing to hard. Getting into the corner slower means you can turn in tighter so leave your turn late. Turn the car and as you hit the apex the car should be near straight for a faster corner exit. This is what squaring up the corner means. This will give you a extra 4 to 5 kmph by the end of the straights and this is were it counts on your lap times without screwing the tyres off the rims with under steer through the corners.

Cheers.

Hope that helps People with setting up the new mod and how you approach your driving style with it.

Benny
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/21/2011, 1:45 pm

Umm Benny. It says I don't have permission to download the curbfix.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/21/2011, 3:21 pm

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/21/2011, 3:29 pm

Mean cheers mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/21/2011, 3:38 pm

I'm going to do some limited testing tonight to see how the knee is. Anyone who wants to come have a laugh at my entirely right footed driving is welcome to. I'll be on server around 8.30pm NZT.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 3/23/2011, 12:07 am

Just found out today that you can use old v8 1.3 setups in these things! Just in case anyone doesn't realise it.

With the XBOX controller, I squeezed 15.75 laps (just got to the end of the back straight) out of a full tank of petrol and the tyres were just holding on. I have to say the tyres are extremely well modeled, even though it's a bit different to 1.3 and requires a completely different driving style.

Setup is everything and key to maintaining a fast pace.

Great looking cars and great fun to drive.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/23/2011, 7:16 am

Run a little bit of testing last night too with my Adelaide race setup but and found the same with the tyres in the way you have to drive to have any hope of tyres hanging on even to the half way mark of 9 laps.

Having just run the porcshe before at melbourne before jumping in the v8 supercar found the Style between the two driving wise was pretty similar to get the the tyres to make the distance.

As you said webber it is different completely in the tyres.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/23/2011, 6:22 pm

Have worked out a way for future to make sprint tyres and diff settings available to us on tracks that are not normally able to. I have managed to do this enabling all users to not alter there unleashed or the the original track we are using.

To enable this to happen I can create a samll download under a Meg and then you copy a couple of files from the original track into the new version which we will label ttr Melbourne for example. This way we can all run other servers without having to change our installs. I have a couple of members testing this at the moment to make sure it all works ok and hopefully we be able to make this available to all members for tracks they wish to be converted

I would like to thank dev for his all his help today to make it possible

Last edited by Benny on 3/23/2011, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/23/2011, 6:28 pm

Sweet as mate.

As I said I'm not working atm as I've been laid off and am looking for new work. So if you need anything else done let me know.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/24/2011, 8:03 am

Well i have spent the past week off work & i have spent hours trying to enjoy this mod & i still don't really like it.

The sounds are better & you can feel a brake lockup better & that's it.

My setups from V1.3 don't work at all. I really struggle not to lock brakes even with major brake bias & pressure adjustments. My biggest issue is the extremely unrealistic 4 wheel drifting. I have adjusted everything possible to overcome this without any real positive result.
As for driving within the tyres limits, if i drive not to slide but just hear tyre screaching i am 5 seconds a lap slower. This is not realistic if it was Craig Lowndes smooth record lap at Bathurst last year of 2m6sec if he did a sideways lap he would be close to a 2m flat. The car should slide a bit but only a bit then it should understeer or brake loose in the rear, this is what V1.3 did and the grip realism was much better. I will no longer be participating in the V8 series.
This is just my opinion on Unleashed.
I use rfactor for fun and i enjoy what i believe is close to realistic & if it is not fun for me then i don't enjoy it. I will still jump on and do some laps with you guys at times but i just cant be bothered putting effort in to get good times etc when the mod doesn't permit it without using it as a drift car.
This is not intended to influence anyone in anyway. it is just my view & explenation on why you won't see me at the Melbourne round and beyond.
Cheer's JD.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/24/2011, 8:14 am

It's a real Shame the mod is not suitable for yourself as I think everyone would agree we are all better races because of your help, asistence and knowledge and encouragement you have past on to all of us. Sad

I for one am really going miss you running but understand why you don't enjoy this version Of the mod
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/24/2011, 8:24 am

Benny wrote:It's a real Shame the mod is not suitable for yourself as I think everyone would agree we are all better races because of your help, asistence and knowledge and encouragement you have past on to all of us. Sad

I for one am really going miss you running but understand why you don't enjoy this version Of the mod

Thanks for the kind words Mate, i will also miss running the V8s with you. Crying or Very sad
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/24/2011, 9:16 am

I'm all sad now.

You helped me so much with setups and what-not that I got good results last year.

I'm going to miss you in the V8's there JD.

dev

P.S I'm not contesting Melbourne as I'm doing something Saturday that I unfortunately cannot get out of.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/24/2011, 11:18 am

devilracer87 wrote:I'm all sad now.

You helped me so much with setups and what-not that I got good results last year.

I'm going to miss you in the V8's there JD.

dev

P.S I'm not contesting Melbourne as I'm doing something Saturday that I unfortunately cannot get out of.

Cheer's mate for the kind words. Unfortuantely i have thrown hours and massive changes at this mod to try and get it to feel what i beleive to be realistic and nice to drive without sucess. So i would not be able to help anyone in this mod anyway.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/24/2011, 3:22 pm

Well after a couple of pm's from people and some offer of help with setup i will contest this round and if i find the setup works allowing me to enjoy the mod, i will then be happy to continue racing it as i think it will close the gap up on the field a bit. However if i still don't enjoy it i will just jump on from time to time to have some fun laps with you all. Thanks to the guys that have offered to help especially Webber & Benny and all the guys for posting regarding this. JD.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Pre Melbourne GP Empty Unleashed Anouncement

Post by TTR Benny 3/25/2011, 9:43 am

Hey Guys Tomorrow night will be our first run with Unleashed.

When we comenced the start of this season we started with V8factor 1.3 and we said we would switch if unleashed came out during the season providing everyone was happy with the change. On release everyone had great things to say when we tested at adeliade and we started comencing the change in hindsight a little early before we had a chance to fully test the mod at other tracks. This was completely my fault I took the feedback I was getting and the excitement of the 4 years of waiting over wrongly assumed that this is what everyone wanted. I personally enjoy the mod but I know some are struggling with it in and enjoyment level which is what we all do it for.

The one thing I want to make clear is this is more than just JD who has put his feelings up on the forum it was the catalist to other members bring there thoughts to my attention which was greatly apreciated. I have spoken to the members who have pm'd about the mod and as Jd says above they are going to give it a go this weekend to see how they go in a full race format before they let me know there opinion after they have run a race.

Even though we have Admin as every league does no one person owns this league we have always tried to make it a league that is the members own. This is whether you are a newbie or a long term member all members feelings and thoughts are taken into consideration in any choice make for the league. Unfortunately as managers of TTR we sometimes get a wrong but I believe and hopefully you agree is that you except the mistake and find a way of making it right in an open and honest way. For this I'm truely sorry for my Hasty move to Unleashed this error in judgement was mainly due to as I said above the excitement of the 4 years waiting.

So I would encourage all members to have a run on saturday and please any user that is finding the mod not as enjoyable or feeling that this is not what I signed up to at the start of season to let myself, Kiwi or JD know via in private message it will remain between the admin only. After the this round with the feedback we get we may switch back to the V8factor 1.3 for the balance of the season as it is only fair to all members that joined to run the season. If this happens we will run Unleashed as well but on the week before or the week after the offical calander so that everyone has the chance to run the mod they enjoy.

To make things a little easier for Tomorrow nights Race the Server has been switched to 1 x Tyre Wear as we all get use to the unleashed mod.

Regards

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pre Melbourne GP Empty a big test time

Post by Wally26 3/25/2011, 2:27 pm

This is just my opinion and mine only, you may or may not agree!!!!

Maybe it's time we had a bit of a show down between the v8 mods..

in one corner, 1.3 with 2009 skins wouldnt be too bad would it???????

in another 1.7 of the fvr cars

in another corner we could revive some old fart memories with the 90's skins with 1.3

another choice could be for those who can..... make your own 1.3 skins and those who can't there are many to choose from around the traps.

Alas it is really too late to change this weekend now but!!!!

How does a poll sound like we have to choose our series on sundays

That's my suggestion and 2 cents worth,
in summary hold a 7 day poll with the v8 choices

1.7 fvr
v8's unleashed
1.3.... 90's
1.3..... 2009
1.3 ..... own skins or other's

If this was favourable by management, then it should be made clear that this will be the final decision for this year's V8's mod wise,
so choose very carefully

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/25/2011, 2:59 pm

After intiial testing i was all for the switch for the long awaited Unleashed. Benny is not at fault alone here as he also takes onboard what other's say and probably takes what i say very seriously due to my success in the V8's. I am guilty of giving good feedback from testing at Adelaide but realised after further testing at other circuits it wasn't as good as i 1st thought for all tracks & it may also take a bit longe rthan expected to come to grips with. So i accept much of the responsability for making the switch so quickly. Lets see how the round unfolds and what people think of it after the weekend. As Benny said drop us a pm if you dont wish to voice your thoughts in the forum and it will be kept to the admins only if you preffer.
TTRJD / Admin Smile
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 3/25/2011, 3:31 pm

My 1.5 cents worth (cause NZ pesos are worth less than real money)

I think the decision (for this season) should be between V8 Factor 1.3 and Unleashed..... because otherwise we would have to add the Adrenalin V8 mod to the mix as well.... and i feel that will over complicate the issue further.........

Kiwi

Off to look down the back of the couch for some coins, just in case i have have my 2 cents worth somewhere else

Very Happy
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/25/2011, 4:25 pm

We will see how everyone goes on the weekend and then go from there. The balance of this series will be run with V8 Factor or Unleashed after feedback from saturday night. If it is V8factor Unleashed will be allocated some free saturday nights to run some rounds as well.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/25/2011, 11:35 pm

After further testing i am slowly coming to grips with this mod but am still undecided on my final thought's. I would like to see us run this round & Hamilton with this mod and then see what everyones thoughts are, and hopefully at Hamilton if it is possible we must run a set of both tyres to mix it up a bit.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/26/2011, 11:00 am

ORSM V8 UNLEASHED OPTIONS FOR TTR SERVER
http://www.hitensile.com.au/TTR_Unleashed_patch.zip
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTION FILE FIRST Also available in the download section on the forum

For Future Races when We want to run Sprint Tyres and Fuel Tanks upgrades I have tried heaps of different options but this way seems to be the easiest.

The Unleashed file has a File TrackconfigV8SC.ini which tells the program what cars to run. By Deleting this you can run any options you want. The difficult part of this is that you then can't run on other servers. So I have create a patch that when you Run the TTREnableupgrades.bat file it deletes that file. The second step is when you run the ORSMDefault.bat file it puts the file back into the install.

So with this patch at rounds in the future we can run sprints tyres but easily switch back to the original version to run on other servers.

I have made a quick set of instructions in the download that shows you how to create shortcuts on the desktop so you don't have to go looking everytime you want to switch between the two versions

The Sever tonight is NOT set for the new upgrades so make sure you are in the ORSMDefault Mod before going on the server.

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/26/2011, 11:24 am

Great work there Benny. I will give it a go after tonights race.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum