Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Melbourne GP Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Melbourne GP Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Melbourne GP Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Melbourne GP Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Melbourne GP Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Melbourne GP Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Melbourne GP Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Melbourne GP Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Melbourne GP Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Melbourne GP Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Melbourne GP

4 posters

Go down

Post Melbourne GP Empty Post Melbourne GP

Post by TTR=JD 3/26/2011, 10:22 pm

Post away guys.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post Melbourne GP Empty Re: Post Melbourne GP

Post by TTR=JD 3/26/2011, 10:35 pm

Qually: Didn't get close to my pb in the mid 1m56s and had to settle for a 1:57.3 it was enough as unfortunately Webber wasn't at home and didn't have his wheel, shame as it was looking like being another cracker race between us.

Race 1: Didn't get a good start but still did enough into the braking zone to have the lead and pulled away with a very comfortable win.

Race 2: Again blew the start, something i need to work on & Milo got me and lead into turn 1. I got a better exit and went straight for the outside before he could go defensive & i out braked him into T3. Milo wasn't giving up and i was only pulling away ever so slightly on the next couple of laps. Then i started to put some laps together until my tyres got to HOT but i had pulled about 5 sec by this stage so i backed off a bit to let the tyres come back to me and then i noticed Milo had lost a lot more time. Got the win again.

Overall it was a good night for out 1st round run with Unleashed.
Please leave your feedback on the mod here or alternatively send one of the admins your thoughts if you prefer.

Wd all who raced tonight. Wd to Benny on the podium. JD. Very Happy
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/27/2011, 9:31 am

Qual

Managed new PB and was happy with third great times by JD and Milo.

Race 1 EPIC

Got a Good start down the outside of JD but he was to good into the braking zone popped out of turn 2 in 3rd chasing milo. Milo had a moment at the back straight and I was into third. Had ADF-Nugget all over me who was driving quick.between balancing looking after my tyres and watching the mirrors from two attacking drivers behind you can image my shock when suddenly I had a car appear to come from no were right in front of me
Post Melbourne GP Closecall

After the race ADF-Nugget told me this rfactor went back to desktop which explained what happened

From Here milo were at each other till about 3 laps to go when I ran out of talent and destroyed my rear tyres. This was a great battle with both drivers I hope Milo would agree being very respectful and giving the other driver room if the chance to get past if there. Im pretty sure I didn't take go into defensive mod very much we were just both going for it

This a picture after the pit stops we had both had two laps without the other and when milo cam out of the pits is was on again
Post Melbourne GP Milo-and-me

Race 2

I was stuffed after race 1 and to be honest not much to write about this one other than my flying trip over the back chicanne which destroyed the car. On the way to destruction had some great mini races with wally and kiwi and tried to hold off kris in the final laps

Had a great night completely different driving mode need to keep these cars quick. I found it was very easy to overheat the tyres and then would have to spend a lap cooling them back down

Sprints next round should be interesting. I tested them at melbourne last night and was 4 seconds quicker interestingly they were hanging on pretty good as the car slides less which meant less heat less wear
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/27/2011, 7:32 pm

Great write up & pictures Ben.
I am shocked at the little amount of race reports & mod Feedback so far???
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 3/27/2011, 8:00 pm

Sorry for the late race report and mod feedback...... Embarassed

Had little sleep and a hard day... Smile

Had a 1.58 in practice which blew away my personal best.... (this was probably the highlight of my night as I didn't get close too that time again)

Race 1
Had a spin on the 2 corner of the first lap when my son decided to take my headphones off and have a chat with Dad....
The chat was short and sweet (well.....not very sweet Laughing )
Having issues with my graphics card I think (shudders at certain points) during one of the shudder episodes I cut one of the corners slightly and got launched into the sand... a triple somersault with a twist and a half!... car handled like crap after that and I limped home mid pack....

Post Melbourne GP 2nm2dna

Race 2
Had a better start and had some great battles during the race.... got past Benny when he tried for a triple somersault with two full twists! Very Happy
Tyres were near shot at the end I was lucky to finish 4th.

The Mod
Just not sure yet on the mod....... to me it is just so different to V8factor 1.3 .. it has some very good points and some not so good points...
I know this no help at all....... tongue but for me it is too early for me to jump one way or the other......

KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by milo 3/27/2011, 10:19 pm

will make this one short and sweet(i wrote a long one earlyer but pushed wrong button and lost it).
PB for me in qually and was really happy to be on front row, JD was just to fast. also pitty webber couldnt give it a nudge.
was looking forward to a good race with benny due to being matched thro practise and qually, that i was right about. got a great start to end up at turn 1 in the lead, only to give JD room and he swept round the outside to put me back to second. was all going well until turn11(more on that turn next race!!) where i outbraked myself and went off, coming back on the track gave benny and nugget heaps of room and see them fly past. put my head down and got back on them pretty quick. started to push nugget and got a run on him, only to loss sight of him and see him running down the grass, only noticed how close it was when you showed the pics benny!!!!.
from here on in as benny said, we were hounding eachother, getting a chance at times to taste the Jack Daniels dripping from the rear bumper(never touched tho)
great race. top way to start my TTR V8supercar racing with such a good race and a second.

race2 started much the same, got good drive off the line to lead going into turn1, JD tho got the run outof turn1 and i gave him room going into turn3. from there i sat in behind JD and was surprised that i could stick with him, i think i was using my car a bit more than JD tho, he was being amazingly smooth. hittng late apexs everywhere lap after lap, good to watch. i forget wat lap it was but locked the rears and sent me into the turn11 corner marker, flipping me over but landing back on my wheels. ending my great run, but thankfully not damaging my car to much, from there i just brought it home for another great second.

now to the mod. i was still on the fence, even upto race start. having been trying to push thro practice and qually. got my nana driving style out for the races and it worked a treat. these things need to be driven straight, which i find hard. i can really see where you are coming from JD, being from a karting background were all you do is slide the kart around the track(dont get me wrong, not drift, slide) and what i have experanced on the track there is an amount of tyre slip needed to be fast. look ive never driven anything on the track more then a race rx7 with semislicks and this could be hitting this heavy V8 supercar on the head, but as JD said earlyer, if driven hard can lowndsy get the thing around bathurst in under 2.05???
after race 1, this mod has won me over. that race i had with benny was top notch, bring it on again.

milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/28/2011, 11:04 am

The short Verison Milo Post Melbourne GP 192488 Great review had a ball too
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/28/2011, 6:22 pm

Love the pic Kiwi & great race report Kiwi & Milo. Vey well detailed milo & thanks for the compliments on my driving.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/29/2011, 7:07 am

Post Melbourne GP Mgp
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/29/2011, 8:15 am

How sad is it that my name isn't even on that results table??

I won't be able to make any of the Saturday races for a while now as I am going to be doing Kiwifruit (working in a packhouse) and don't finish until late. Same goes for Tuesdays.

Once it is over (May) I'll be back into it.

Sorry guys

dev

P.S I'll be on the server for some fun on my day off tho.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum