Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Indianapolis Oval Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Indianapolis Oval Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Indianapolis Oval Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Indianapolis Oval Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Indianapolis Oval Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Indianapolis Oval Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Indianapolis Oval Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Indianapolis Oval Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Indianapolis Oval Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Indianapolis Oval Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Indianapolis Oval

+3
KKR kwik-kiwi
Wally26
Webber
7 posters

Go down

Indianapolis Oval Empty Indianapolis Oval

Post by Webber 5/16/2011, 1:09 pm

Well a different night of racing coming up this Tuesday... as far as I know this is the first TTR OVAL event! Twisted Evil

Now there's a fixed setup on the server which is nice and stable but also very quick, and has a very specific amount of fuel in it.

You have to be careful of getting too low because if you get on the kerb and stay on the power, it's a recipe for a spin.

Strategy wise there's enough fuel for the 10 minute race. 15 minute race will require 1 pitstop. 30 minute race it will be touch and go if you pit once. You will probably make the finish but no guarantees!

Best to do your own calculations anyway.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Indianapolis Oval Empty Re: Indianapolis Oval

Post by Wally26 5/16/2011, 7:31 pm

Got some stuff happening at home but if i can I will be there , should be great fun

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 5/16/2011, 8:26 pm

Set up is a goodie Webber..... just need a brick to hold throttle down.... Very Happy
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/17/2011, 8:37 am

Will be trying my best to make our first oval

I gotta pit. i don't think so, were busy. your what? Yeah were eating ice cream. ICE cream? Well your welcome to come and get one but i don't think nascar will think to much of you trying to eat and ice cream cone out there.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milo 5/17/2011, 9:22 am

No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 5/17/2011, 12:52 pm

Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

and

Ricky Bobby: Wait, Dad. Don't you remember the time you told me "If you ain't first, you're last"?
Reese Bobby: Huh? What are you talking about, Son?
Ricky Bobby: That day at school.
Reese Bobby: Oh hell, Son, I was high that day. That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth... hell you can even be fifth.
Ricky Bobby: What? I've lived my whole life by that!

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/17/2011, 2:58 pm

Well, you got me here. Now what?

Well here's how I see this deal. Since you agree I ain't gonna let you drive this car to dinner and I agree you ain't gonna let me drive this car to dinner, there's only one way to settle this.

What are you talkin' about?

Absolutely.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/17/2011, 3:42 pm

Webber developing setup

I'm gonna give you an engine low to the ground... extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath you. It'll give you thirty or forty more horsepower. I'm gonna give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. I'll get you primed, painted and weighed, and you'll be ready to go out on that racetrack. Hear me? You're gonna be perfect
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 5/17/2011, 4:04 pm

Cruise Control for tonight

Indianapolis Oval Cruise11

or a cheaper option

Indianapolis Oval Cruise10
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 5/17/2011, 10:47 pm

Indianapolis Oval Indy10
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 5/18/2011, 7:00 am

Sorry I couldnt make it last night guys, ended up in hospital with chest aches, too many doctors and wires crossed, i was released when I should of stayed but I was glad as I can't be without Shaza now and staying in hospital would of killed me lol.
Not sure how to spell it but the verdict was emphaseema and on top of that namonia, as i said not bright with spelling of that sort of stuff.

unfortunately unlike devilracer87 they wouldn't let me bring the pc into hospital to drive lol.
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/18/2011, 7:20 am

No good Wayne I hope you Feel a little better today.

I thing every smoker every time they get the flu wonder do I have the starting of emphysema but to be told you do would be pretty hard to hear and assume will take a
Few days to sink in.

Let me know if you need anything

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 5/18/2011, 7:32 am

Benny wrote:No good Wayne I hope you Feel a little better today.

I thing every smoker every time they get the flu wonder do I have the starting of emphysema but to be told you do would be pretty hard to hear and assume will take a
Few days to sink in.

Let me know if you need anything

It's irreversable I've been told, so there's nothing I can do for it but give up smoking so I don't make it worse.
Sometimes we make our own choices in life and smoking has been 1 of mine and now I have to pay.
So, if anyone else out here is a smoker..... It can happen to you.... you are not immune....
The cost of smoking isn't restricted to the shop registers.... Now you know someone that has something wrong personally from smoking.
What I have won't go away.. I have it for life..
It's no joke people , give it up

I am so happy to have Sharyn as I can't imagine doing this without her.

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/18/2011, 8:53 am

I got to admit wasn't really looking forward to this have never really played any oval racing it doesn't interest me. But wow by the end of night I was loving it

Qual Didn't realise that the Fixed setup overides the steering adjustment I had made in practice and the I just wasn't quick stuggled getting a good lap in. Didn't help I run the whole session by myself without a tow.

Race one had a massive advantage off the line with the Addon I run so lights are in the middle of my screen drove straight up into third. Was chasing down milo early till he clipped the wall and I drove on by was slowly catching Greedy who had a spin on the front straight and I took the lead. From Here I pulled away each lap all the way through to the stop. At the stop I was watching for greedy to come in so I didn't get involved in any contact. I had thought everyone else had been in and took off without looking and got into milo's way which caused by the look to brake late and damage his car hitting the parked car in front of his bay (Webber please look at this and penalise me if needed) Came out of the pits and continued with my great pace and drove away to I think a 7 sec win YAY

Race 2
Greedy and I had a fantastic battle with dano sitting right behind us, we would have swapped for the lead 20 times at times 3 times a lap. with about 2 to go was planning to make a stop I made a huge mistake destroying my car and I'm sure damaging Greedy's car sorry mate I just got a little low near that kurb and around the car went. I was unsure about fuel and I would have stopped as well. Wd Dano great win

Race 3
From the back run straight into the back bersly then climbed the wall for a bit as I think shano joined us. Had a heathly battle early on with shano, Was chasing down I think it was Greedy Bersly and Dano? who had massive stack I went high then low then high then low as cars spun alll over the track with me approaching at around the 290klms mark. Had JD webber and kiwi up in front was 4 seconds down. Pushed as hard as I could a bit of enterainment on the way watching Kiwi's car flip into pit lane (did you get penalised for speeding) and had closed withing 0.7 of webber heading into the stops. I went a lap longer and poped out right on the back of webber and closer to Jd than I had been heading in. I thought I was looking pretty good too fight with webber till the end and be luck of the draw who would have been getting the tow heading to the line. but I stuffed up and spun. Completed the last lap and half not being able to turn left made Was great around the right hand corner that never came but hang on till the end for 3rd.

As I said great night in the end but as everyone can know that wall bites hard. I actually would love to hard a nascar fun night on one of these ovals now and see how they go.

4 Sale one set of un use brake pads and rotors suit late model Lambo

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 5/18/2011, 9:13 am

Fark me sideways Wayne, unbelievable. Emphysema alone is unpleasant and pneumonia, lung infection, can really bring people to their knees. It's good to hear that you didn't have any sort of heart attack though, they have chest pain too.

Are you going to give up the smokes? Maybe we should reduce the warmup time to stop that from being a trigger... Twisted Evil

If you need anything or have any questions I think we're all here for you.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 5/18/2011, 11:31 am

Real sorry to hear it Wally. We'll have to start having tea breaks instead of smoko.

I had a good night but had a few not so good incidents as well. I think that's the nature of going flatout between concrete walls.

Qualy.

Amazingly I wound up second.
But I messed up kiwi's best lap sorry. I was being a bit cheeky trying to hook a tow but I completely screwed up and wound up getting in his way sending him into the pit wall.
Sorry dude.

Race1.

I couldn't see any lights. Webber's advice would have helped if I'd had a bit more time to read it properly. So I was basiccally on the grid looking behind to see when the rest of the field started. But there was a big enough time gap that kiwi who got away cleanly ran into to my rear bumper. Sorry again, my fault.
From there I kept it tidy and wound running 3rd behind greedy I think it was. I managed to get past but then greedy got back past again so I headed for the pits. I didn't have the best entry so lost time and was a distant 3rd.

Race2.

This time I was able to use Webber's idea which worked well for me.
I stayed in the lead group pretty much all the way I think.
I think it was Greedy leading near the end with a gap.
I assume he had fuel issues as I went flying past. At the point I decided I better conserve the fuel a little bit, but not too much.
I ran out of gas as I crossed the line and was very happy with a win and the fact I didn't hit kiwi once in this race.

Race3

This was a shocker. I was running close with Bersly. I had a moment of ambition exceeding talent and wound up spinning on the inside taking out Bersly in the process and Greedy was unable to avoid our tangle. Very sorry guys
Still on the lead lap at least I pitted, then on the way out I managed to spin on the exit road spearing across on to the track nearly taking out Webber. Sorry Webber.
So I pitted again for a new wing and finished a lap down.

I'd definitely been keen to try a bit of nascar on an oval now. Bring it on. Great idea choosing indy Webber.
When I look on matchmaker I think it's VHR stockcars is a very popular mod. I'll see what I can find out about it.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 5/18/2011, 11:56 am

Very sad news Wally. I can't fix your health mate but if i could i would do it in a heart beat mate. However if you need anything at all please dont hesitate to ask you have my number mate. I wish you a speedy recovery from the pneumonia and GL with giving up the smokes, you can do it mate. JD
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by milo 5/18/2011, 12:47 pm

Sorry to here that Wally, hope you get a chance to rest up. take care mate.
milo
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 5/18/2011, 4:08 pm

Thankyou for all of your kind words and thoughts Very Happy

I just have to give up the smoking and move a bit slower now for a while..
Thanks JD for the dvd.

Guys I am all for some ovals, some totally different skills needed and is great fun
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 5/18/2011, 5:12 pm

First and foremost... Sorry to hear of your health issues Wayne.... i know I can't help much from this side if the ditch, however if there is anything I can do for you, please ask....

Second... the issue with not seeing starting lights.... I use (and I know Benny does too) Global Info Display. Thread here https://transtasmanrivals.forumotion.com/t169-global-info-display
I find the information this display gives me, invaluable.... but even if you disable most features, you could just have the start lights. These have helped my starts hugely... not sure if I should be sharing that......

Now... race report...

Don't sweat about the incident during qualifying Dano... i regret my initial reaction... because of the nature of the mod / track / set up, it made everyone so close...
so incidents were bound to happen.....

Race 1... Involved in the incident at the end of lap 1 and damaged the car badly.... threw my toys out of the cot and parked it up.... did the "Haka" around Kiwi Race Central....
then calmed down to wait for race 2 ... well done Benny on the win...

Race 2... got caught up in Tim and JD's incident (and thought here we &%$#ing go again Very Happy ) pitted early because I knew I was never going to make the 10min without a stop.
Happy to get back to 3rd (however this probably due to some others mis-fortune) Well done Dano !!!!!

Race 3... got a good start and had an amazing duel with Webber and TTR=JD for a few laps.... huge privilege to race near the front with these guys... (even though it was short lived)
Decided to pit early again... but throttled off too quickly and spun around, hit the wall, and did a triple somersault with 2 and half twists into pit lane (and no Benny, I didn't speed in pit lane, probably had the limiter on before i hit the ground)... circulated and got back to 4th... great win JD...........

Night had some highs and lows for me... but the highs far outweighed any little dramas.....

Great night again Webber......... cheers
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 5/20/2011, 7:46 am

Just a thought on the ovals idea.
The indy 500 is next weekend. Do we have anything scheduled for the Saturday?
Not suggesting we do an indycar mod, the one I tried ages ago was crap.
I reckon a nascar mod would be the way to go like Benny suggested.

Dixon is looking in pretty good form by the way http://www.crash.net/indycar/news/169319/1/bored_rigid_drivers_go_planking_at_indy.html
haha.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/20/2011, 8:09 am

Saturdays are pretty Full again at the moment with V8 supercars back this weekend then the NZV8 world tour.

JD is doing some testing and on a Nascar Mod over the weekend and we are going to work on putting a fun night together not sure when yet so we can look at interest in a the future series of this.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down